The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Proven Path to a Fastlane (Still Open for 2024)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Dude, stop F*cking scamming people. No it isn't "a proven way to Fastlane".

MJ DeMarco's picture attached below:

View attachment 53638
What if some people go that way and end up fastlane? Is it then a proven way to fastlane?

And why are you swearing or seem so angry?

I've not taken the course but I see the interaction in the Facebook group. It seems to have helped a lot of people. Are you saying Rob should shut it down and not help anyone else?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hi @Fox
Do you have your own web design agency? I might missed something, but cannot easily find it on the web...
Can you share some links to your own portfolio, please?

I used to link stuff up but then 100 people would contact my past clients saying I was overcharging them and they can do it cheaper etc. "Hey this guy is making videos saying he made a lot of money...". Total loser stuff.

The last 2 years I haven't been active selling/building websites at all. The teaching side of things has been fulltime and to take on clients would have been impossible.

This year though I am partnering up with a really cool guy and we will run an agency together. I helped him with coaching last year and together we closed some big deals with a few top influencers. The niche is well-known creators who work in coaching/education. When the site is ready I will post it up here but most of the deals so far are $15k-$20k and there is a very high chance you will know a few of the people.

But I won't be posting up work from years ago. Every time it leads to my past clients getting harassed. When you have a larger audience 1% are total weirdos and they can do a lot of damage quickly.

People like this...
Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 17.03.37.png

...so no, no past work. But maybe some of the recent stuff we have been doing since the names are so well known already.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Is it generally possible to make 100k+ from Europe working for US clients? Would clients pay less just because you are from a country that has lower salaries? From your experience have you ever seen anyone make that much? I don't mean extremely good senior designers, bur rather average ones?

Ya that is $8,500 a month. With some decent web projects on the go and one or two reoccurring SEO/marketing projects that is very doable. You could do it all web design too but it would take a bit more time selling each month. (Read this thread by Dan as one example)

Clients pay for what you can get them so the country thing isn't a big factor. If they want cheap then yes they will look for cheap countries. If they want results they will look for the right people.

You being based in the Netherlands is a big advantage too. That isn't going to be a hard place to be working from - lots of tech businesses around.

If you got more questions go for it. If you want an actual call just apply and we can talk.

Wiscojoe

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jul 20, 2015
Milwaukee, WI
What’s the minimum amount of skills and knowledge needed to start the course ?

This is discussed one page back so I would read through those posts. But the answer is none. I joined last week starting with zero skills/knowledge of web design. So I am focusing on learning the basics right now and then moving on from there. I am only a week in, but so far the group has been very welcoming!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
What’s the minimum amount of skills and knowledge needed to start the course ?

Since the program is over a year you got a lot of time to build up skills but anything you already have is an advantage. We care a lot more about you being motivated and open to what we can teach you.

If you are working on some skills before you might join I suggest the basics of HTML and CSS and some good books on sales. Also MJ's books since they will show you how to both create value and think like a successful business owner thinks.

luqazs

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jun 8, 2020
Philadelphia
Just a quick question, is it possible to communicate only via e-mail or text messages? I am not a native english speaker and I think my accent and mistakes will scare future customers away. I am not afraid to try though, but I just think I will not have as much success because of that.

Im not native english speaker either. I have a thick accent but tbh I think that accent is our advantage. Right now I run completely different business but it helps with sales etc. Everything its just a mindset

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
@Fox I'm also wondering about this, if I pay now, will I be on the program for 1 year or until the end of this year?

EDIT: I re-read the original post again, so I suppose the answer is you can sign up until the end of this year, but be on the program for a full year

Whoops - missed this question.

For anyone who signs up you always get a full year of exactly what we are promising.

So yes if you signed up Dec 2020 then you get the full program to Dec 2021.

But that still doesn't mean we are going to run it forever. Just that while we are still open and people join we will keep it open for them for the full year.

Also you get access to the program content even after the year. It is the live calls, support, extra groups etc that require ongoing work so we will only ever charge for those after a full year.

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Curious question guys. Don't be offended. Are American's usually totally ignorant or blind when it comes to website design? I noticed it before, and I just got it confirmed again.

When I was doing FB Ads in the Fitness Niche, I was searching around a lot to find clients in the US and in my European home country. What struck me was that the US websites were SO ugly compared to their European counterparts.

Today I decided to look into another niche and started checking out websites. Checked 100 websites for my European country, and found a maximum of 2-3 sites that I think could be improved. So quickly realized that the market is probably not there.

Then I decided to check same kind of companies in the US, and I am absolutely shocked by the result. From 100 companies I checked, 27 (!) websites were SO, SO bad. Some like they were build before computers were even invented, none of these 27 were responsive, the colours just hideous and I think around 5 of these sites didn't even work. And these are active companies with a good amount of employees in a niche where you often have to look presentable.

@Fox maybe you have noticed the same? This just proves that the market in the US is huuuuuuuuge, and I might even put my other projects on hold just to pursue this thing, haha.

Colin MacLeod

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Sep 14, 2017
Austin, TX
Salutations @Fox !

It's very clear you're helping a lot of people. Well done, and thank you for sharing the system!

It appeals to me. My background is web tech & e-commerce - both hands-on coding, but also pre-sales and business analysis. Have been doing that since 1999, mainly for high end / blue chip customers.

I've dabbled in various businesses over the years - mostly nothing to do with my core skillset. Success varied from modest/steady success (daycare business) to significant fail (a franchise - it broke a number of CENTS principles). So far, I always ended up back freelancing to keep ticking over.

I watched your intro video on YouTube and it seemed to suggest the path is 2 phases:

Phase 1: create a web development business
→ in order to gain the skills and funding for
Phase 2: start your own business selling goods and services online.

Is that right?

Here's what's holding me back from "pushing the trigger" on your program - I don't want to spend 2 years developing a web business for smaller clients. Am I right in thinking that's the approach?

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
@Fox Great value, thanks a lot for sharing. Also learned a lot on your Youtube channel.
One question: why don't outsource it in the beginning, so you can focus 100% on the sales, marketing, and customer satisfaction?

- Margins

It is possible but for a lot of people the margins won't be there yet. If you are selling websites for less than 3k then outsourcing all the design is going to take a decent % of the profits. You will either be tempted to hire someone very cheap or you end up making not-so-much till you get to 5-10k+ projects.

- Results

I find people who go down this route often end up hiring whoever to build the websites and end up with an average end result. A good website is going to have the problems/needs of the business in mind with all aspects of the design and your average outsourced designer isn't going to care too much about that (especially with a lower budget).

If you want to really deliver a high value website that really helps a business then you either need a very good team in place (back to budget) or you want to be involved with some part of the project yourself.

- Skills

If you were good enough to sell and manage a web design team and still be making good margins then I would say skip the website part and sell something else. There are other areas with better margins that you could use your sales + management skills for. Web design is great for learning these skills but if you already got them then maybe just skip the web part and go right to a bigger fastlane business.

If you don't have the skills though then it would make sense to build the websites yourself for a while. You can pick up a ton of knowledge and experience with each project and also retain a lot of the profits. Even on a smaller 2k project if you are doing everything yourself its like 90% profit.

---

No exact one "right" way to do it but those are my rough thoughts. As long as you have the skills then you got a lot of options. If you don't have the skills then just start normally first and see how it goes. The faster you learn and progress the more you can adjust the model or move on to something else using what you have learned.

Ironmantri

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 16, 2020
Canada
Price is going up to $3,000 on Jan 1st.

We went through the cost of running it over the last year and we believe we can do a much better job of helping people at this price. Also the people who have joined and put in work pay off the cost quickly.

Some posts over the last few days...

View attachment 35780

View attachment 35781

View attachment 35782

If you want to join at the current rate (up to $1,000 less than Jan 1st 2021) just get on call with us (by applying first) before we close down around the 18th of Dec this year.

I think all 3 of the posts above are from members on these forums but not sure of the usernames. If they want they can chime in themselves (or any other members). Thanks.
I am the last pic and confirm you that this gig is for reals.
If you are afraid of cold calling let me assure you that I have not cold call a stranger (Ive called friends and fam) yet instead they have been asking for my service so they call me!
Already made my money back just after 2 clients! The facebook group is worth the price itself! See you in the inside!

DustinH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
May 24, 2017
Nashville
can anyone here explain to me what is bni?
BNI is a business networking group. It is usually made up of many insurance agents, real estate agents, mortgage lenders, or other business professionals to network and swap business leads.

It's probably a "blue ocean" for web designers. Meaning, you would probably be the only one and there's guaranteed to be people in the networking group needing a website.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
@Fox
At the beginning do people require to pose as a company or as freelancers.

You will want to start as you are and transition at the right time to the "bigger" image.

At the start you don't have too much experience (or any) so going in as BIG-BUSINESS-XYZ is not smart. It just comes off weird and businesses can pick up that something is off. If they can't trust you to be honest about your own business how can they trust you with theirs? It usually backfired.

The way I think is best is to use what advantages you have at the start in your favour instead.
- You are new (motivated)
- You are willing to work a great deal (cheaper)
- You want to get results to build your own business (focused)
- You are a person (its personal and easy to deal with you)

Now not every business will want to work with you at this stage but for some you are an excellent deal. You are like that movie money ball - an amazing result at a fraction of the normal price.

But of course you don't want to be working in this way forever - it is just to get going. Once you do a few projects at this stage you start to switch up your prices and approach (using your results you now have) to get much more profitable deals.

Hope that helps. We break this down a lot in the program - most of the students are newer to web design/business.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's having the ability to learn sales, outreach, prospecting, solving problems for business owners. Utilizing the profits you make to start a Fastlane business based on the CENTS framework.

Using Web Design as a catapult to Fastlane.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I'm sceptical. You're selling us the dream of making bucks as a web designer, while your real fast lane is your Fox school.

@Fox is super open with the fact that he teaches people how to begin in web design just to gain some skills and business experience. He never says it should be your ultimate Fastlane (it can be but in most cases it's a stepping stone).

Fox emphasizes it a LOT that freelancing is just a step and that's what he teaches. The end goal is starting your own business.

The skills you'll learn from Fox's school (or actually from implementing them in web design) are what will help you once you decide to transition from freelancing to a proper business.

So this is not a "get rich" kind of a thing as the focus is on learning (through web design) the skills that you'll later use in your "proper" business.

Dionysos

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Sep 1, 2020
Netherlands
I'm sceptical. You're selling us the dream of making bucks as a web designer, while your real fast lane is your Fox school.
Coming from someone who is in the program currently: don't be.

Yes for Fox it is his fastlane venture, and like the others said that should be your end goal too joining the program. He paved the way and shows you how to follow.

This program will teach you a LOT about business (skills) while teaching you to make money yourself and add value to other businesses.

It's an investment which can shave months or years off your journey..

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Definitely a good deal guys, get in while you can! Lots of value in the course!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Thanks to Fox's Web School, I earned a small victory! A family member, came to me for a small logo design adjustment. I made $50 dollars. I know it's small, but thanks to his Sales Process, I was able to make a small win!

$50 won't change your life but making a first sale like this shows you are starting to connect the dots and build up the skill of selling. Once you can sell at a smaller amount then it doesn't take long to start moving up to the bigger amounts.

Thanks for the update @ZackerySprague

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I just booked a Legends call for December with Ran Segall from Flux...

Screenshot 2022-07-15 at 08.30.05.png

And also, I am just about to book Ed Latimore for a call for next week...

Screenshot 2022-07-15 at 08.31.17.png

Plus - I am switching the Legends payment plan over to a subscription model...
This means you can sign up for just $95/month and then pay for as long as you wish to stay.

The link to join in this way is...
> Sales page and details - Fox Web School
> Or direct link to sign up: Fox Legends - Monthly Subscription

If you join now, you get full access to everything and can even be on the Ed Latimore call if you wish.

If you have any questions on any of this just let me know...

---

*Here is a good video on Ed Latimore if anyone doesn't know who he is...

Last edited:

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
I just wanted to chime in real quick as it has been a few months. I have been taking care of some personal issues in my life that I have avoided.

But a past lead had came back for a web design projected (priced at $1k) verbal agreement. Using your existing network is recommended, I was against this for a bit. But I have changed mine opinions on it.

Thanks to Fox. I may have my first official paid project. I will update you guys soon.

Cheers.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
Good day Fox, I would like to join your program

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hey Rob,

Love the sales letter and clear details about the program.

I had a question about what kind of success you've seen with students that come into the program with complimentary skills - as you mentioned in your post about combining skills.

I have a background in JS, HTML,CSS and have spent a good amount of time in sales, currently running a lead gen business and would like to transfer all these skills into a web design business, curious on your thoughts on other students you've seen come in with a similar skillstack.

Cheers

Hey @Elias - ya any past experience like this is going to make things even easier. It will give you a huge boost.

Plus if you transition back out of web design later into something bigger (which the program promotes) then you have even more skills for the next thing.

The 3 top students that I know of have all used web design along with other skills to go into bigger things.
Two of them are from this forum and are close to doing 7 figures this year.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hmm

Fastlaners would you buy Rob's course if u were in my situation

I have around 1600$ saved up (here in Slovakia its Alot of money. Id have to work for whole summer to make that much.

The curremt 750$ deal is such a steal, i really want to get it. I dont really need to make any money right away since im living with my parents (my expenses are 30$ / month)

And i figured it would be better to invest some money into myself so the money is losing purchasing power day by day.

Rob mentioned that people who spend all their money, start taking shortcuts.
However i literally have nothing to buy. Im a natural saver and i just buy supplements and go to gym.

What are your thoughs? I know i shouldnt let thsi forum decide for me but i want to hear what u guys would do in my position

People who need to make money right away make shortcuts.

In the past I had more of this - people would join with a crypto mentality, thinking that by next week they will be selling 10k websites.

So, if you get that there is some work at the start to see big results, and you are okay with the budget - then for sure that is fine.

I just don't want people joining who need to pay the bills by next week, it isn't realistic.

farahead

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Feb 25, 2023
Slovakia
how much did you charge?
I offered to make it for free. For a fastane forum member actually

He ended up paying me 130$ whitch is ALOT in my country + it was my first ever website so i made alot of dumb mistakes and ended up making the website 3 times in different softwares. He was very patient lol.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.