The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"Tell me the exact steps" (OK, here are all 67 of them.)

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
Step 4 is where I'm getting stuck. Can I fail? Sure. Do I learn from those failures? Nothing that helps me.

Look up what other people are doing in a similar situation, or ask the forum.

Trial and error is a rough way to learn. You may have to make the same mistakes multiple times to figure out the answer.

"It's good to learn from your mistakes. It's better to learn from other people's mistakes." - Warren Buffett

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
"It's good to learn from your mistakes. It's better to learn from other people's mistakes." - Warren Buffett
This is a big key in my life. I've had that theory all my life and always try to avoid making the same mistakes as everyone else, but at the same time, you can become to cautious, and have to just accept you're going to make mistakes, and through making mistakes, the answers come with the territory.

I used to think if I just avoided certain things, I wouldn't have to face certain oppositions. lol And you find out in every opposition you don't want to face, you must face, overcome every fear, do it even if you are screaming and kicking all the way through the movement, action, and execution.

It's kind of actually funny when you think about it. You have your greatest imaginary fears, the big giant in your imagination, and you're very creative with creating all the Villain's, and you get on the other side, and it's kind of like oh there was not really a Giant there, nor was there an enemy. Sometimes you make small mistakes, other times big mistakes. Other times, you see how stupid you were to listen to the wrong people, and should've trusted yourself. I think this is all part of becoming a leader.

The external world to a certain point is the blind leading the blind. So if you're self-doubting yourself by listening to people who never been there before, it's kind of wasting your time and energy. The other key is surrounding yourself with Entrepreneurs who are all ahead of you and challenge you to catch up. If you're focused on the one's behind, you'll just fall backwards and get delayed, worse case scenario. In my experience you can't avoid anything in life for to long. You can try, fight it, struggle with it, beat yourself up over it, argue with yourself, argue with others, debate, be opinionated, stubborn, but bottom line, you will just have to get over all that immaturity, grow up, and face the music.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Look up what other people are doing in a similar situation, or ask the forum.
I did both, see my thread failed executions feedback I got was;

I live in an area that's too small(well I can't build it bigger) with poor transit and I don't have a driving license there's vanishingly small responses on keywords like rural area, remote location , fly over country, low population density, so it's hard to find an example of someone who is in a similar situation. While there are online sales items that's not the same when they are going to the retail stores, picking them up and selling them online. Or if they got the idea networking.

Need to network, (well there's nothing I can reach physically and Twitter,LinkedIn etc has not paid dividends for me.)

I need to find a way to reach a 'starving crowd' online, (well yes. Working on the how. Maybe forums.)

I need to know the answer to how can I find, appeal to, connect with clients who would like to pay more to get more, and they have a good reason to see me as better than the world's cheapest commodity?

(Well, yes. That would be really great)

My ideas are too disruptive (ok) I need to look at make money companies, and get something small going. (Alright, so how I can get something small going is the next question, I try thinking of make money business but it doesn't work,all I see is nails)

Take any action(that's what I'm doing)

Go mow local lawns (what lawns?)

"Excuse"(because I want to obey the law)

"Landfill"

My marketing and sales isn't good enough (okay, well how can I improve? I've been reading threads and started writing copy and I just sound terrible)

I'm too angry (what?!)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
The other key is surrounding yourself with Entrepreneurs who are all ahead of you and challenge you to catch up.

Well I'm here aren't I?
I'm not good at judging who is a good entrepreneur and who is a faker, so that perhaps plays into things a little. It's not a case of self-doubt , I know what I can and can't do (I liken it to, I know you can't drive a car over the sea, I plan to take the ferry, what I don't have is a route to the Ferryport once I'm there ticket and passport in hand, I can cross the sea)

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I think for me I've been brought up in Michigan. This is so weird for me in 2018, because when you live in a certain area all your life, you take it for granted. You kind of have everything right in front of your eyes, but you can be so blind. I've always been surrounded by Entrepreneurs, famous people, and I didn't really ever think about because I was so used to living in my own world.

When you're standing outside of it, and in the Netherlands for five years around farmland and animals, and finding this forum, it kind of was an eye opener. if you watch the show Under the Radar Michigan, you can watch all about our Entrepreneurship all over the state. So this is the funny thing. M.J. moves out of his area, creates his empire.

I did move to the Netherlands hoping to do the same. lol And while I'm here, this is kind of ironic, because I find the forum and his books, but ha ha...this is the twist in my experience. Now I'm headed back home for the simple reason I see the opportunity was right in front of my face my entire life. So that being said, as you stated, "You can't see who the Entrepreneurs are?" Are you an M.J. or Mattie?

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Well, I've not lived here all my life, and I can see where I missed the ball (should have networked more when I had the chance) equally I can see how some of the areas were just as deadbeat as here. Moving form one remote patch to another remote patch doesn't help. Now maybe there is some kind of online opportunity, but I can't see it right now and that's nothing to do with location. Previously I could have simply gone to the mall or meetups but now I can't because there aren't any.

So maybe I'm a Mattie, I can see opportunity where I'm from but not where I am and I can't move back there right now. Of course I can see even more elsewhere.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
There's opportunity everywhere. Nothing is written in stone. You just have to figure out the self-limiting beliefs getting in your way.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
I did both, see my thread failed executions feedback I got was;

I live in an area that's too small(well I can't build it bigger) with poor transit and I don't have a driving license there's vanishingly small responses on keywords like rural area, remote location , fly over country, low population density, so it's hard to find an example of someone who is in a similar situation. While there are online sales items that's not the same when they are going to the retail stores, picking them up and selling them online. Or if they got the idea networking.

Need to network, (well there's nothing I can reach physically and Twitter,LinkedIn etc has not paid dividends for me.)

I need to find a way to reach a 'starving crowd' online, (well yes. Working on the how. Maybe forums.)

I need to know the answer to how can I find, appeal to, connect with clients who would like to pay more to get more, and they have a good reason to see me as better than the world's cheapest commodity?

(Well, yes. That would be really great)

My ideas are too disruptive (ok) I need to look at make money companies, and get something small going. (Alright, so how I can get something small going is the next question, I try thinking of make money business but it doesn't work,all I see is nails)

Take any action(that's what I'm doing)

Go mow local lawns (what lawns?)

"Excuse"(because I want to obey the law)

"Landfill"

My marketing and sales isn't good enough (okay, well how can I improve? I've been reading threads and started writing copy and I just sound terrible)

I'm too angry (what?!)

Your post sounds like occasional conversations I have with my 5-year old.

Her: "I can't think of anything to do!"
Me: "Maybe you'd enjoy playing outside?"
"It's too hot outside!"
"Maybe we could read a book together?"
"I don't want to!"
"Maybe you want to draw with your art supplies?"
"I can't think of anything to draw!"
"Do you think you could use a nap?"
"NOOO!"
"Well, what do you think you want to do?"
"I don't know!!"

At some point I have to give up trying to help my daughter and just let her sort it out herself.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
You just have to figure out the self-limiting beliefs getting in your way.

I have no idea, what it could be (I don't see any of the common ones I'm aware of applying to me)

I'm convinced there's something I can do,but not sure what. Maybe it's just because I don't believe in my marketing skills.

Heck I even tried copywriting and giving away digital download product (ubuntu) (did you know sites restrict that?) I figured that way I was adding value and not money chasing, because I wasn't asking for any money.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Your post sounds like occasional conversations I have with my 5-year old.

Her: "I can't think of anything to do!"
Me: "Maybe you'd enjoy playing outside?"
"It's too hot outside!"
"Maybe we could read a book together?"
"I don't want to!"
"Maybe you want to draw with your art supplies?"
"I can't think of anything to draw!"
"Do you think you could use a nap?"
"NOOO!"
"Well, what do you think you want to do?"
"I don't know!!"

Well I'm quite clear that I don't know what to do, maybe that's the problem.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Where did you fail ?
What went right ??

I failed to build something that would add enough value to people's lives. I failed to get a large audience to tell me what would add value. I failed to network. I failed to get freelancing gigs. I failed at selling. I failed at getting my drivers license (okay a bit more personal but it changes the networking landscape a bit) I failed at SEO/Twitter/FB promo

Where did I go right? I cut off things that the market didn't want rather than spending money on things nobody wanted. I didn't spend too much time tinkering rather than selling. I learnt about eBay ( I figure flogging your own stuff, can help if you find something that works on eBay later as a business.)

Dramolion

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 13, 2018
I failed to build something that would add enough value to people's lives. I failed to get a large audience to tell me what would add value. I failed to network. I failed to get freelancing gigs. I failed at selling. I failed at getting my drivers license (okay a bit more personal but it changes the networking landscape a bit) I failed at SEO/Twitter/FB promo

Where did I go right? I cut off things that the market didn't want rather than spending money on things nobody wanted. I didn't spend too much time tinkering rather than selling. I learnt about eBay ( I figure flogging your own stuff, can help if you find something that works on eBay later as a business.)

Sounds to me like you learned a lot.

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
This is where you can find the real steps, perfectly lined up and spelled out just for you! You will be getting the results you want, if you apply what's written on there. I promise, no kidding.

Your steps to success

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Sounds to me like you learned a lot.

Thanks, I kind of didn't see it. Next I need to learn what value can I add to people's lives in a 100% remote way? How can I reach these people?

This is where you can find the real steps, perfectly lined up and spelled out just for you! You will be getting the results you want, if you apply what's written on there. I promise, no kidding.

Your steps to success

Then why haven't I had my success already? I have been applying that process for years and I have not got results of one single penny to show for it (Can I cash in that garauntee? J/K) Seriously, though their must be something else going on. Is it a belief? Well, which one? Is it because I haven't found the right product(well I will keep looking,but I've not found much even on this forum) Is it because of my marketing skills? Is it because I'm not on social media enough ( how do I get an audience without getting drawn into the time wasting activities?)

I've given up TV( got rid of it) video games, fakebook, I don't go out in the evenings and weekends (what else can I give up?)

My daily one thing is find a way to value add, I never do. What's the point of building and creating things nobody wants? If I can't make a profit on one individual item,I can't make it up in volume.

Gepi

In it to win it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jul 3, 2018
Germany
Thanks, I kind of didn't see it. Next I need to learn what value can I add to people's lives in a 100% remote way? How can I reach these people?

Then why haven't I had my success already? I have been applying that process for years and I have not got results of one single penny to show for it (Can I cash in that garauntee? J/K) Seriously, though their must be something else going on. Is it a belief? Well, which one? Is it because I haven't found the right product(well I will keep looking,but I've not found much even on this forum) Is it because of my marketing skills? Is it because I'm not on social media enough ( how do I get an audience without getting drawn into the time wasting activities?)

I've given up TV( got rid of it) video games, fakebook, I don't go out in the evenings and weekends (what else can I give up?)

My daily one thing is find a way to value add, I never do. What's the point of building and creating things nobody wants? If I can't make a profit on one individual item,I can't make it up in volume.

What do you do right now, what is the goal of it? Could it be you are too vague in your ambitions? All I hear are meta-informations. You want to make money online. How? What is the first little step you took towards that today? If you want to get rich with a blog, the first step would be to set up a site and write a post, so you would see if people even needed that information. Or even simpler, write your ideas in a related forum to see if people wanted more of it. A few hours for priceless feedback!
Or if you want to develop the new instagram, learn to program "hello world" first.
Of course, the money comes later. Give first. But if you keep at it and listen to the market, it will come. Maybe you also lack consistency. If you failed your driver's license once, why didn't you try again? One failure is nothing. Success comes after around 67, as MJ posted.
Greetings

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@LittleWolfie do you have a progress thread? not a rant thread. not a goal thread.
something where you have done the following:
- read the books
- studied the forum deeply (not just made a bunch of 'why that won't work for me' posts)
- run CENTS on several ideas
- done some initial mkt research / sales work to get the 'echo'
- have a pretty decent idea and the first few steps started

If you don't have all this together, quit posting about what doesn't work. Read, study, and actually run the analysis on ideas until one seems to have some traction. This may take 1000s of ideas to find one that gets an echo. Keep going. Don't immediately jump back to the forum and your failure loop discussion. Don't make excuses. CHANGE YOUR MINDSET. If something doesn't work, good. You are now closer to something that does. Study 'why' it didn't work. Rinse. Repeat.

Once you have done this homework, start a progress thread. Tag me (and others) in it and we will do everything we can to help you get rolling.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
@LittleWolfie do you have a progress thread? not a rant thread. not a goal thread.
something where you have done the following:
- read the books
- studied the forum deeply (not just made a bunch of 'why that won't work for me' posts)
- run CENTS on several ideas
- done some initial mkt research / sales work to get the 'echo'
- have a pretty decent idea and the first few steps started

If you don't have all this together, quit posting about what doesn't work. Read, study, and actually run the analysis on ideas until one seems to have some traction. This may take 1000s of ideas to find one that gets an echo. Keep going. Don't immediately jump back to the forum and your failure loop discussion. Don't make excuses. CHANGE YOUR MINDSET. If something doesn't work, good. You are now closer to something that does. Study 'why' it didn't work. Rinse. Repeat.

Once you have done this homework, start a progress thread. Tag me (and others) in it and we will do everything we can to help you get rolling.

Yes, I have a progress thread, Happy to tag you in it. I have to admit I have not posted about the books I have read. Yes, I have done an analysis and most of them fit CENTS but are not viable for me right now.

I have got traction on some ideas, if you define success;

as a stranger clicked like on facebook, or answered my survey or had a whatsapp chat with me or I read a book, then yes 100% success. I could perhaps edit it to try and make it clearer, that the market is saying they don't want the work not me. It probably helps to read my intro thread first, then the progress thread. Perhaps I didn't title it well. However if it takes 1000s ideas to succeed, isn't the first ten failures progress?

I don't get sales or an 'echo', I can and I have done market research, but I had to slow that down. You could say I'm not failing fast enough.

In my study of 'why' what keeps coming up is the audience is too small. I've been looking into buying audiences online as a possible avenue.

What do you do right now, what is the goal of it? Could it be you are too vague in your ambitions? All I hear are meta-informations.

Possibly my being too vague in my goals , is a problem. Maybe I'm doing too much of try it out,throw it against the wall and see what sticks, rather than constant progress. I have got a little traction on Reddit, posting things(I think blogging is probably part of my solution set, but not the whole thing) my blogs I tried, never got much interest. (Maybe if I had stuck with them(I found it hard to generate the content though) I can see how it could be part of some freelance type gigs (do the work then blog about it/industry and drive traffic/monetise.

What is the first little step you took towards that today?

I've been looking at how to find an audience. I've applied for a remote freelance gig with appen. I've requested the ID verification from nextdoor, so I can post my Resume/CV and say I'm looking for work., maybe they will be more effective for me than craigslist/gumtree/linkedin/upwork/fiverr/reddit/discord

I've been scanning those job boards as well. I've been reading some more on copy-writing too.

@LittleWolfie your failure loop discussion. . If something doesn't work, good. You are now closer to something that does. Study 'why' it didn't work. Rinse. Repeat.
If I don't discuss my failures, how on Earth, am I suppose to improve? It's not about poor me, it's here is what I tried, it didn't work. Your thoughts?

Of course, the money comes later. Give first. But if you keep at it and listen to the market, it will come. .
Greetings

Maybe, I'm not listening to the market. I feel like I have given a lot and success has not come. Maybe I haven't given a lot, maybe I gave to the wrong people or in the wrong way, maybe I never keep at anything long enough because I never see the money coming.Why not give to broke people, if the money will come anyways?

If you failed your driver's license once, why didn't you try again?Greetings

It would be cheaper for me to relocate somewhere, where I don't need the license in the first place. (The instructor quoted the price of make up lessons, I was terrible) that's much more practical and fairly commonplace. Germany has excellent trams in most small towns. (That's just one of the reasons I'm learning Geman (Germans were the best respondents to some of my survey's so learning German in order to sell to Germans seems a reasonable strategy.)

Yes, I have a progress thread, Happy to tag you in it. I have to admit I have not posted about the books I have read. Yes, I have done an analysis and most of them fit CENTS but are not viable for me right now.

I have got traction on some ideas, if you define success;

as a stranger clicked like on facebook, or answered my survey or had a whatsapp chat with me or I read a book, then yes 100% success. I could perhaps edit it to try and make it clearer, that the market is saying they don't want the work not me. It probably helps to read my intro thread first, then the progress thread. Perhaps I didn't title it well. However if it takes 1000s ideas to succeed, isn't the first ten failures progress?

I don't get sales or an 'echo', I can and I have done market research, but I had to slow that down. You could say I'm not failing fast enough.

In my study of 'why' what keeps coming up is the audience is too small. I've been looking into buying audiences online as a possible avenue.

What do you do right now, what is the goal of it? Could it be you are too vague in your ambitions? All I hear are meta-informations.

Possibly my being too vague in my goals , is a problem. Maybe I'm doing too much of try it out,throw it against the wall and see what sticks, rather than constant progress. I have got a little traction on Reddit, posting things(I think blogging is probably part of my solution set, but not the whole thing) my blogs I tried, never got much interest. (Maybe if I had stuck with them(I found it hard to generate the content though) I can see how it could be part of some freelance type gigs (do the work then blog about it/industry and drive traffic/monetise.

What is the first little step you took towards that today?

I've been looking at how to find an audience. I've applied for a remote freelance gig with appen. I've requested the ID verification from nextdoor, so I can post my Resume/CV and say I'm looking for work., maybe they will be more effective for me than craigslist/gumtree/linkedin/upwork/fiverr/reddit/discord

I've been scanning those job boards as well. I've been reading some more on copy-writing too.

@LittleWolfie your failure loop discussion. . If something doesn't work, good. You are now closer to something that does. Study 'why' it didn't work. Rinse. Repeat.
If I don't discuss my failures, how on Earth, am I suppose to improve? It's not about poor me, it's here is what I tried, it didn't work. Your thoughts?

Of course, the money comes later. Give first. But if you keep at it and listen to the market, it will come. .
Greetings

Maybe, I'm not listening to the market. I feel like I have given a lot and success has not come. Maybe I haven't given a lot, maybe I gave to the wrong people or in the wrong way, maybe I never keep at anything long enough because I never see the money coming.Why not give to broke people, if the money will come anyways?

If you failed your driver's license once, why didn't you try again?Greetings

It would be cheaper for me to relocate somewhere, where I don't need the license in the first place. (The instructor quoted the price of make up lessons, I was terrible) that's much more practical and fairly commonplace. Germany has excellent trams in most small towns. (That's just one of the reasons I'm learning Geman (Germans were the best respondents to some of my survey's so learning German in order to sell to Germans seems a reasonable strategy.)

. Success comes after around 67, as MJ posted.

Sure, if I can't get past 3, I'm not going to reach 67 though. I know I need to learn why it didn't work and not make excuses. Now if you tell me your opinion on the 'why' that's much more likely not to be an excuse, and to suggest to me what I could do about it.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
@LittleWolfie

Done. Anyone else interested let me know if you want and I will tag you in.

@LittleWolfie

If you don't have all this together, quit posting about what doesn't work.

Of course what does not work for me, may work well for you, and conversely what doesn't work for you, may work well for me. It's whatdoesn;t work for me, believe me as soon as I find what does work for me, I will be posting about it(short of a big fat NDA payment)

Dramolion

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Apr 13, 2018
Why would it need to be a 100% remote way ? You re limiting your own possibilities with this kind of mind-set.
You can be a dropshipper but you 'll only start competiting with all the other dropshippers, which is pretty much everyone and their mom.(yes everyone wants to make money with easy online solutions like shopify or cryptocurrency)
Go find something in your local area that's amiss, or find something that's produced in your local area that you can export.
Most of all, look for OPPORTUNITIES, and not for obstacles, other then how to pass around them.

Owlman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jul 17, 2018
We see it here all the time here at Fastlane. Someone posts a success story or a personal break through, and like clockwork, someone always asks "what exactly did you do? I mean like, tell me the EXACT steps!"

How do I succeed? How do I make millions?! How do I X, Y, and Z?

Well by popular demand, I give you the exact steps!

Here we go:

The Exact Steps For Entrepreneurial Success!
  1. Read the book, get excited and post forum declaration about making $10M in the next 10 months!
  2. Act.
  3. Fail.
  4. Learn.
  5. Adjust.
  6. Act.
  7. Fail.
  8. Learn.
  9. Adjust.
  10. Act.
  11. Fail.
  12. Learn.
  13. Adjust.
  14. Act.
  15. Fail.
  16. Learn.
  17. Adjust.
  18. Act.
  19. Fail.
  20. Learn.
  21. Adjust.
  22. Act.
  23. Fail.
  24. Learn.
  25. Adjust.
  26. Act.
  27. Fail.
  28. Learn.
  29. Adjust.
  30. Act.
  31. Fail.
  32. Learn.
  33. Adjust.
  34. Act.
  35. Fail.
  36. Learn.
  37. Adjust.
  38. Act.
  39. Fail.
  40. Learn.
  41. Adjust.
  42. Act.
  43. Fail.
  44. Learn.
  45. Adjust.
  46. Act.
  47. Fail.
  48. Learn.
  49. Adjust.
  50. Act.
  51. Fail.
  52. Learn.
  53. Adjust.
  54. Act.
  55. Fail.
  56. Learn.
  57. Adjust.
  58. Act.
  59. Fail.
  60. Learn.
  61. Adjust.
  62. Act.
  63. Fail.
  64. Learn.
  65. Adjust.
  66. Act.
  67. Succeed!
And the beauty of these EXACT STEPS? They also will tell you EXACTLY where you will fail! Take a look at STEP 3.

That is the place where most people make failure permanent.

STEP 3 is also the final destination for people who say "I gonna give this FASTLANE thing a try!"

Oh really? Going to the gym ONCE ain't gonna make you a fitness model!

<OFF RANT!>
Yaa skipped the most important step, the 66th step when u look more like an idiot than anything else. At this point you might consider suicide, just for kicks

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
Are you in the red or black. Mathew mconohaugh would ask that. Red means your in the negative, and black means the opposite! So act, fail, learn, and adjust on all your priorities-then ask if your in the red!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Step 4 is where I'm getting stuck. Can I fail? Sure. Do I learn from those failures? Nothing that helps me.

I bet if you list them down, and then write a paragraph below each one on why it happened and how you can avoid it again, it will help.

Start now, list your most recent/painful failure right here and together let's turn it into a lesson.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
We see it here all the time here at Fastlane. Someone posts a success story or a personal break through, and like clockwork, someone always asks "what exactly did you do? I mean like, tell me the EXACT steps!"

How do I succeed? How do I make millions?! How do I X, Y, and Z?

Well by popular demand, I give you the exact steps!

Here we go:

The Exact Steps For Entrepreneurial Success!
  1. Read the book, get excited and post forum declaration about making $10M in the next 10 months!
  2. Act.
  3. Fail.
  4. Learn.
  5. Adjust.
  6. Act.
  7. Fail.
  8. Learn.
  9. Adjust.
  10. Act.
  11. Fail.
  12. Learn.
  13. Adjust.
  14. Act.
  15. Fail.
  16. Learn.
  17. Adjust.
  18. Act.
  19. Fail.
  20. Learn.
  21. Adjust.
  22. Act.
  23. Fail.
  24. Learn.
  25. Adjust.
  26. Act.
  27. Fail.
  28. Learn.
  29. Adjust.
  30. Act.
  31. Fail.
  32. Learn.
  33. Adjust.
  34. Act.
  35. Fail.
  36. Learn.
  37. Adjust.
  38. Act.
  39. Fail.
  40. Learn.
  41. Adjust.
  42. Act.
  43. Fail.
  44. Learn.
  45. Adjust.
  46. Act.
  47. Fail.
  48. Learn.
  49. Adjust.
  50. Act.
  51. Fail.
  52. Learn.
  53. Adjust.
  54. Act.
  55. Fail.
  56. Learn.
  57. Adjust.
  58. Act.
  59. Fail.
  60. Learn.
  61. Adjust.
  62. Act.
  63. Fail.
  64. Learn.
  65. Adjust.
  66. Act.
  67. Succeed!
And the beauty of these EXACT STEPS? They also will tell you EXACTLY where you will fail! Take a look at STEP 3.

That is the place where most people make failure permanent.

STEP 3 is also the final destination for people who say "I gonna give this FASTLANE thing a try!"

Oh really? Going to the gym ONCE ain't gonna make you a fitness model!

<OFF RANT!>

Shoot, 3 years and I'm only on step 15, I'd better get a move on, time's a tickin.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Why would it need to be a 100% remote way ?.

Because that's the opportunity I want, If I only require a laptop and an internet connection, I'm not limited by whats available locally. Why limit myself to my area? I can also overcome hearing and speech difficulties via text. I probably should have said text medium rather than online. Mail order catalouges would count too. My 2nd and 3rd and 4th and my fastlane might be entirely local and offline, but my first will be online.

, or find something that's produced in your local area that you can export.
The only thing produced locally is farm produce. Even the wonky vegetables get sold now, cuttings usually go to biomass generation.

Are you in the red or black.
well expenses are higher than income so red.

Go find a mentor they will help you.

Working on it, I need to make sure they are willing and able.

Start now, list your most recent/painful failure right here and together let's turn it into a lesson.

Bless you, I actually started a thread on my failed executions prior to posting this. Up until your post, I would have said my biggest failure was convincing people to anaylse why it went wrong.

I've learnt that my writing tone may be the biggest issue for me, so now I'm working on that.

one on why it happened and how you can avoid it again,

I don't know why though.

If I knew that, I would have learned from it. Why don't I have any monetized value add anywhere?

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Bless you, I actually started a thread on my failed executions prior to posting this. Up until your post, I would have said my biggest failure was convincing people to anaylse why it went wrong.

I've learnt that my writing tone may be the biggest issue for me, so now I'm working on that.

I don't know why though.

OK, perfect let's tackle things one at a time.

1. Not getting people to analyse why it went wrong.

A possible reason for this is simple formatting - I went to your failed executions post and you have stuffed everything you have done in there in a haphazard and unintelligible way.

Remember simple headers and well spaced (not too long) paragraphs make it easier for someone to read.

Also (and this relates to tone), you need to give a clear indication of what it is you want, both in the title of your post, and within the post itself.

Right, let's dive in.

You wrote - "Tried to get work building simple apps/software remotely (only get offers for free or commission, maybe in the future but that's not for me right now) can't compete on price on upwork etc."

Maybe you could change that to

Remote Work - Building Simple Apps

I have tried to get work building simple apps and software remotely, the reason being because [insert experience skills/value proposition, and summary of relevant personal circumstance here].

In order to make this happen I have used the following strategies:

1. Did XYZ

2. Did ABC

3. Did JKL

Results:

1. Got offered to do some free work from number 1 and 3 strategies

2. Got offered commission only work from number 2 strategies.

Conclusion:

My thoughts are this is a dead end, and I can't think of any more strategies in this area. However I'm willing to hear what you think about this.

I'd greatly appreciate any help with this.

-

So my guess is, if you went back through your failed executions post and formatted it in a similar way to this, you will get a whole bunch of educated answers on why your particular strategies may have failed.

Also as you're writing them out, it will help you to better judge what you've been doing and how you have been going about it.

It wouldn't surprise me if while you are detailing your process in this very methodical way, you arrive at your own conclusions as to why certain things aren't working, and possibly even how to change things around.

If so great, make those conclusions part of your summing up for the particular execution you're talking about, and ask for opinions on your thoughts.

Lastly change the title of the post (make a new post) to something along the lines of Need Help Learning From My Mistakes, or Need Help Analysing Failed Executions.

You get the idea, make it clear that you are going to list what you have been doing, that it isn't working, and you want help reversing that trend.

So in conclusion, you need to be clear with your questions, and you need to format your posts in a way that doesn't fatigue the reader.

Lastly don't use verbal shortcuts like; "...this could be a $20 million dollar rollup." As this isn't really clear as to what you mean and what possible advice you want from this.

Let's do another one, that was fun :)

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
OK, perfect let's tackle things one at a time.

Let's do another one, that was fun :)

Perhaps we should move this, elsewhere so as not to hijack the thread? Then again, lots of great content in there for anyone else in a similar position.

Next (Kind of related)
Need Help finding bad tone/whiny/negative/excuse-making complaining type content. My task is to take ten of these and rewrite them using positive-tone
synonyms, then ask other people which sounds better

This helps me with empathy, detecting tones and writing with different tones which are all prerequisites of learning to sell.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.