The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

NOTABLE! "Tell me the exact steps" (OK, here are all 67 of them.)

Dramolion

New Contributor
Apr 13, 2018
Thanks, I kind of didn't see it. Next I need to learn what value can I add to people's lives in a 100% remote way? How can I reach these people?
Why would it need to be a 100% remote way ? You re limiting your own possibilities with this kind of mind-set.
You can be a dropshipper but you 'll only start competiting with all the other dropshippers, which is pretty much everyone and their mom.(yes everyone wants to make money with easy online solutions like shopify or cryptocurrency)
Go find something in your local area that's amiss, or find something that's produced in your local area that you can export.
Most of all, look for OPPORTUNITIES, and not for obstacles, other then how to pass around them.

Become a Fastlane INSIDER to view the forum ad free.

Owlman

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 17, 2018
We see it here all the time here at Fastlane. Someone posts a success story or a personal break through, and like clockwork, someone always asks "what exactly did you do? I mean like, tell me the EXACT steps!"

How do I succeed? How do I make millions?! How do I X, Y, and Z?

Well by popular demand, I give you the exact steps!

Here we go:

The Exact Steps For Entrepreneurial Success!
  1. Read the book, get excited and post forum declaration about making $10M in the next 10 months!
  2. Act.
  3. Fail.
  4. Learn.
  5. Adjust.
  6. Act.
  7. Fail.
  8. Learn.
  9. Adjust.
  10. Act.
  11. Fail.
  12. Learn.
  13. Adjust.
  14. Act.
  15. Fail.
  16. Learn.
  17. Adjust.
  18. Act.
  19. Fail.
  20. Learn.
  21. Adjust.
  22. Act.
  23. Fail.
  24. Learn.
  25. Adjust.
  26. Act.
  27. Fail.
  28. Learn.
  29. Adjust.
  30. Act.
  31. Fail.
  32. Learn.
  33. Adjust.
  34. Act.
  35. Fail.
  36. Learn.
  37. Adjust.
  38. Act.
  39. Fail.
  40. Learn.
  41. Adjust.
  42. Act.
  43. Fail.
  44. Learn.
  45. Adjust.
  46. Act.
  47. Fail.
  48. Learn.
  49. Adjust.
  50. Act.
  51. Fail.
  52. Learn.
  53. Adjust.
  54. Act.
  55. Fail.
  56. Learn.
  57. Adjust.
  58. Act.
  59. Fail.
  60. Learn.
  61. Adjust.
  62. Act.
  63. Fail.
  64. Learn.
  65. Adjust.
  66. Act.
  67. Succeed!
And the beauty of these EXACT STEPS? They also will tell you EXACTLY where you will fail! Take a look at STEP 3.

That is the place where most people make failure permanent.

STEP 3 is also the final destination for people who say "I gonna give this FASTLANE thing a try!"

Oh really? Going to the gym ONCE ain't gonna make you a fitness model!

<OFF RANT!>
Yaa skipped the most important step, the 66th step when u look more like an idiot than anything else. At this point you might consider suicide, just for kicks

Dylan Hobrecht

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Aug 26, 2017
Rockport
Are you in the red or black. Mathew mconohaugh would ask that. Red means your in the negative, and black means the opposite! So act, fail, learn, and adjust on all your priorities-then ask if your in the red!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roli

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 3, 2015
Step 4 is where I'm getting stuck. Can I fail? Sure. Do I learn from those failures? Nothing that helps me.
I bet if you list them down, and then write a paragraph below each one on why it happened and how you can avoid it again, it will help.

Start now, list your most recent/painful failure right here and together let's turn it into a lesson.

Roli

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 3, 2015
We see it here all the time here at Fastlane. Someone posts a success story or a personal break through, and like clockwork, someone always asks "what exactly did you do? I mean like, tell me the EXACT steps!"

Here we go:

1. Read the book, get excited and post forum declaration about making $10M in the next 10 months!
  2. Act.
  3. Fail.
  4. Learn.
  5. Adjust.
  6. Act.
  7. Fail.
  8. Learn.
  9. Adjust.
  10. Act.
  11. Fail.
  12. Learn.
  13. Adjust.
  14. Act.
  15. Fail.
  16. Learn.
  17. Adjust.
  18. Act.
  19. Fail.
  20. Learn.
  21. Adjust.
  22. Act.
  23. Fail.
  24. Learn.
  25. Adjust.
  26. Act.
  27. Fail.
  28. Learn.
  29. Adjust.
  30. Act.
  31. Fail.
  32. Learn.
  33. Adjust.
  34. Act.
  35. Fail.
  36. Learn.
  37. Adjust.
  38. Act.
  39. Fail.
  40. Learn.
  41. Adjust.
  42. Act.
  43. Fail.
  44. Learn.
  45. Adjust.
  46. Act.
  47. Fail.
  48. Learn.
  49. Adjust.
  50. Act.
  51. Fail.
  52. Learn.
  53. Adjust.
  54. Act.
  55. Fail.
  56. Learn.
  57. Adjust.
  58. Act.
  59. Fail.
  60. Learn.
  61. Adjust.
  62. Act.
  63. Fail.
  64. Learn.
  65. Adjust.
  66. Act.
  67. Succeed!
And the beauty of these EXACT STEPS? They also will tell you EXACTLY where you will fail! Take a look at STEP 3.

STEP 3 is also the final destination for people who say "I gonna give this FASTLANE thing a try!"

<OFF RANT!>
Shoot, 3 years and I'm only on step 15, I'd better get a move on, time's a tickin.

LittleWolfie

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Why would it need to be a 100% remote way ?.
Because that's the opportunity I want, If I only require a laptop and an internet connection, I'm not limited by whats available locally. Why limit myself to my area? I can also overcome hearing and speech difficulties via text. I probably should have said text medium rather than online. Mail order catalouges would count too. My 2nd and 3rd and 4th and my fastlane might be entirely local and offline, but my first will be online.

, or find something that's produced in your local area that you can export.
The only thing produced locally is farm produce. Even the wonky vegetables get sold now, cuttings usually go to biomass generation.

Are you in the red or black.
well expenses are higher than income so red.

Go find a mentor they will help you.
Working on it, I need to make sure they are willing and able.

Start now, list your most recent/painful failure right here and together let's turn it into a lesson.
Bless you, I actually started a thread on my failed executions prior to posting this. Up until your post, I would have said my biggest failure was convincing people to anaylse why it went wrong.

I've learnt that my writing tone may be the biggest issue for me, so now I'm working on that.

one on why it happened and how you can avoid it again,
I don't know why though.

If I knew that, I would have learned from it. Why don't I have any monetized value add anywhere?

Roli

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 3, 2015
Bless you, I actually started a thread on my failed executions prior to posting this. Up until your post, I would have said my biggest failure was convincing people to anaylse why it went wrong.

I've learnt that my writing tone may be the biggest issue for me, so now I'm working on that.

I don't know why though.
OK, perfect let's tackle things one at a time.

1. Not getting people to analyse why it went wrong.

A possible reason for this is simple formatting - I went to your failed executions post and you have stuffed everything you have done in there in a haphazard and unintelligible way.

Remember simple headers and well spaced (not too long) paragraphs make it easier for someone to read.

Also (and this relates to tone), you need to give a clear indication of what it is you want, both in the title of your post, and within the post itself.

Right, let's dive in.

You wrote - "Tried to get work building simple apps/software remotely (only get offers for free or commission, maybe in the future but that's not for me right now) can't compete on price on upwork etc."

Maybe you could change that to

Remote Work - Building Simple Apps

I have tried to get work building simple apps and software remotely, the reason being because [insert experience skills/value proposition, and summary of relevant personal circumstance here].

In order to make this happen I have used the following strategies:

1. Did XYZ

2. Did ABC

3. Did JKL

Results:

1. Got offered to do some free work from number 1 and 3 strategies

2. Got offered commission only work from number 2 strategies.

Conclusion:

My thoughts are this is a dead end, and I can't think of any more strategies in this area. However I'm willing to hear what you think about this.

I'd greatly appreciate any help with this.

-

So my guess is, if you went back through your failed executions post and formatted it in a similar way to this, you will get a whole bunch of educated answers on why your particular strategies may have failed.

Also as you're writing them out, it will help you to better judge what you've been doing and how you have been going about it.

It wouldn't surprise me if while you are detailing your process in this very methodical way, you arrive at your own conclusions as to why certain things aren't working, and possibly even how to change things around.

If so great, make those conclusions part of your summing up for the particular execution you're talking about, and ask for opinions on your thoughts.

Lastly change the title of the post (make a new post) to something along the lines of Need Help Learning From My Mistakes, or Need Help Analysing Failed Executions.

You get the idea, make it clear that you are going to list what you have been doing, that it isn't working, and you want help reversing that trend.

So in conclusion, you need to be clear with your questions, and you need to format your posts in a way that doesn't fatigue the reader.

Lastly don't use verbal shortcuts like; "...this could be a $20 million dollar rollup." As this isn't really clear as to what you mean and what possible advice you want from this.

Let's do another one, that was fun :)

LittleWolfie

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
OK, perfect let's tackle things one at a time.

Let's do another one, that was fun :)
Perhaps we should move this, elsewhere so as not to hijack the thread? Then again, lots of great content in there for anyone else in a similar position.

Next (Kind of related)
Need Help finding bad tone/whiny/negative/excuse-making complaining type content. My task is to take ten of these and rewrite them using positive-tone
synonyms, then ask other people which sounds better

This helps me with empathy, detecting tones and writing with different tones which are all prerequisites of learning to sell.

Become a Fastlane INSIDER to view the forum ad free.

Siberia

Surprise
Speedway Pass
Apr 30, 2016
Siberia
Yeah, So.... At what point can we sit down for coffee? Can you also mentor me? How about being a partner in my company? We are going to make a billion dollars.

Forget it's better.
You do not need a mentor but a caregiver to help you do your homework.
What did you understand?
I said the lessons they give to kindergarten children at home.

Dana Taylor

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Nov 2, 2018
Malta
I AM GOING TO MAKE 20 MILLION IN 12 MONTHS! LET'S DO THIS!

Here we go:

2. Act.
  3. Fail.
  4. Learn.
  5. Adjust.
  6. Act.
  7. Fail.
  8. Learn.
  9. Adjust.
  10. Act.
  11. Fail.
  12. Learn.
  13. Adjust.
  14. Act.
  15. Fail.
  16. Learn.
  17. Adjust.
  18. Act.
  19. Fail.
  20. Learn.
  21. Adjust.
  22. Act.
  23. Fail.
  24. Learn.
  25. Adjust.
  26. Act.
  27. Fail.
  28. Learn.
  29. Adjust.
  30. Act.
  31. Fail.
  32. Learn.
  33. Adjust.
  34. Act.
  35. Fail.
  36. Learn.
  37. Adjust.
  38. Act.
  39. Fail.
  40. Learn.
  41. Adjust.
  42. Act.
  43. Fail.
  44. Learn.
  45. Adjust.
  46. Act.
  47. Fail.
  48. Learn.
  49. Adjust.
  50. Act.
  51. Fail.
  52. Learn.
  53. Adjust.
  54. Act.
  55. Fail.
  56. Learn.
  57. Adjust.
  58. Act.
  59. Fail.
  60. Learn.
  61. Adjust.
  62. Act.
  63. Fail.
  64. Learn.
  65. Adjust.
  66. Act.
  67. Succeed!

<OFF RANT!>

mercenariez

Contributor
Jan 20, 2019
This thread is bull. I made it to Step 67 and still no succeed. I failed again and again, first an e-commerce t-shirt store with my very own logo designed on Microsoft Paint, then a book I spent one whole week on (not one but TWO drafts), then a jewelry store on etsy!!!

Sure I skipped some steps here and there (“learn” and “adjust”??? C’mon I dropped out of college like Gates and Zuckerberg son, I’m a prodigy), but I was promised a Lambo at Step 67. Where’s my Lambo (red)??? I want a refund on this book (pirated)!!!

trafalgar_law

New Contributor
Jun 22, 2019
def succeeded?
return if read_mj_books? === false
while @success === false do
# methods or processes
act
fail
learn
adjust
# add more awesome , cents or mj approved processes here..
# check if golden candies or ice cream popout, u got it!
if gold_ball_candies === true || ice_cream === true
@success = true
end
end
end

!!!POST SCRIPTUM!!!
did u know and study shows that just by having a constant reminder , seeing good inspiring stuff can make your environment happier, successful and inspired ?

and if everyOne in ur circle is happy, successful and inspired
your body hormones will add 5-10years of your lifespan?

not only it will add lifespan, your business income can also grow by 30-40% , oh wow!!!

for just $0.02 a pop! :D buy my " programmer success quotes" now and let u and ur circle succeed in no time;)

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

FASTLANE INSIDERS

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom