The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting to make a virtual reality education project, can I bounce ideas off of you?

Idea threads

policebaton

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Apr 3, 2017
florida
My plan is to make healthcare based VR education apps, still working on where I want to aim.

I've got a few years of B2B marketing & sales experience, and this idea has been bothering me for years. I've been working at a VR dev company for free for a few months getting some great knowledge. Extensive healthcare education contacts in my family/professional life.

My first MVP will likely be an anatomy based VR demo where you can interact with pathological conditions, at a large scale. Currently schools are teaching cellular pathology through textbooks and sometimes videos... and it's impossible to really grasp the concept that way. Some nurses never even do grasp it, it's all basically theory since they aren't over a microscope with every condition. VR allows you to take that microscopic level, make it the size of a school bus, and flip/inspect/pull apart/animate, etc. Really think it solves an important problem.

My ideas that I'm hoping to get some feedback on -
I have no programming knowledge before a month ago. I'm putting in the work to become at least decent at the programming languages, game dev, and 3D modeling/animation. I don't anticipate taking this on as my role, but instead offshoring this, but learning enough to offshore intelligently and vet people well. Also project manage without looking like an idiot and wasting too much money. Has anybody done this?

I also don't know which market to aim towards. One hand you have large colleges and a custom made product that if you can sell to them, can be a pretty big-ticket item. On the other hand, I am considering making a one size fits all product and try to sell it at scale. Also selling it to high schools/enterprise. It would have to be a fairly intense item and the risk is much higher as the overhead for a full product like that would cost a ton of $$. Thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

surfer92

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jun 17, 2016
I have been working in the VR/AR education industry the last 2 years and for me, you can just do both.
The companies I worked for do it.
The custom one off project keeps the money coming in while you spend time building out your one size fits all software.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.