The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So I’m officially skint at 40 AND getting out of prison

Give100%

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2018
London, UK
So my story is this.

I have 6 months till I’m released from prison at the age of 40. I got a 6 year sentence to serve 3 years and the remainder on licence. I was convicted for conspiracy to supply class A and B drugs am currently working outside of the jail, 15 hours a day, 6 days a week.

I’m studying a digital marketing course and have become very passionate about this career and my future in this industry. I’m also working as Digital Media Executive and the thought of helping someone’s business grow excites me.

My concerns are that with my record it will be hard to find an opening in a company so I can prove what an asset I would be. If anyone has been in my situation AND succeeded in a new, better life, then please let me know?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Give100%

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2018
London, UK

I have been meditating for 2 years and read a lot of books relating to this matter along with Brian Tracy and Zig Ziglar books. I’ve been training in the gym like a mad man so my body and mind is sharp.

I haven’t read the books you suggested so will look into it.

Thank you mate

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
I will hazard a guess that you are in the UK.

I am by no means an expert but are you not allocated some sort of case worker to help you transition from prison to the outside world again? And would that person or sub-contracted organisation not have contacts?

Or is that Pie In The Sky thinking?

Anyway, moving on you, are probably aware that Timpson's famously recruits ex-offenders so turning your life around is more than possible.

I am just wondering if they take people on at HQ, wherever that is, as they must have Digital Marketing People being a national company. It might be worth you contacting them at least for advice.

By the way,who are you a Digital Media Executive for if you are in Prison?

Dan

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
OK :)

My communication error. I meant 'Who' as in literally who.

I can't imagine a large company having a less than part time worker being their DME, as if this was the case there would be no reason to ask the question how to get a job with a company.

Dan

Give100%

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2018
London, UK

I am by no means an expert but are you not allocated some sort of case worker to help you transition from prison to the outside world again? And would that person or sub-contracted organisation not have contacts?

Anyway, moving on you, are probably aware that Timpson's famously recruits ex-offenders so turning your life around is more than possible.

I am just wondering if they take people on at HQ, wherever that is, as they must have Digital Marketing People being a national company. It might be worth you contacting them at least for advice.

Dan

Hello mate

I’m not really relying on the system after I am released as it has helped me already by helping me resettle now.

I know about Timpsons but never thought about approaching them regarding their digital marketing. I will be contacting them on Monday as this is a superb idea.

Eventually I will be owning my own business and earning myself more time to spend with my family.

Thank you for your help and I will keep you posted on what Timpsons reply to me.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
So my story is this.

I have 6 months till I’m released from prison at the age of 40. I got a 6 year sentence to serve 3 years and the remainder on licence. I was convicted for conspiracy to supply class A and B drugs am currently working outside of the jail, 15 hours a day, 6 days a week.

I’m studying a digital marketing course and have become very passionate about this career and my future in this industry. I’m also working as Digital Media Executive and the thought of helping someone’s business grow excites me.

My concerns are that with my record it will be hard to find an opening in a company so I can prove what an asset I would be. If anyone has been in my situation AND succeeded in a new, better life, then please let me know?

I have often wondered by convicts didn't pursue a career in which they didn't need someone else's approval. For example, if you started an eBay business, your past criminal history doesn't matter. There's a great hustling thread on the forum somewhere that talks about how to start from almost zero and flip some items on Craigslist, etc.

I think if I were faced with a situation where my past limited my future, I would try and determine how I could move forward without putting that decision in the hands of someone who would judge me based on my past.

There might be a way for you to start your own small business and grow it into something large.

Customers on the internet never know if you're fat, thin, old, young, a felon, or what ever. Deliver them the product you promise at the price you promise and they exchange money for goods.

Good luck to you. I know the road in front of you is not easy, but YOU CAN DO IT. You can start an eBay business with as little as a few thousand dollars US.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I have often wondered by convicts didn't pursue a career in which they didn't need someone else's approval. For example, if you started an eBay business, your past criminal history doesn't matter. There's a great hustling thread on the forum somewhere that talks about how to start from almost zero and flip some items on Craigslist, etc.

I think if I were faced with a situation where my past limited my future, I would try and determine how I could move forward without putting that decision in the hands of someone who would judge me based on my past.

There might be a way for you to start your own small business and grow it into something large.

Customers on the internet never know if you're fat, thin, old, young, a felon, or what ever. Deliver them the product you promise at the price you promise and they exchange money for goods.

Good luck to you. I know the road in front of you is not easy, but YOU CAN DO IT. You can start an eBay business with as little as a few thousand dollars US.

I can only think of one business where I knew (and by knew I mean heard rumors) that the owner had a criminal history. It was a natural foods store in a town that doesn't have a Whole Foods Market or Natural Grocers. The owner's history didn't change my decision to buy food there. I couldn't get what I wanted anywhere else in town. Plus he employed a number of people. So not only did he make his way without a boss, he created jobs and helped other people too.

Most people don't go around checking a business owner's record unless they have a reason to. I'd look a little closer before sending my kid to your daycare. But your history isn't even a thought in my mind when I buy a weekly planner from you on Amazon... I just like the color and price.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
So my story is this.

Have you read the book The Millionaire Fast Lane? It was written for people just like you (and me.)

Give100%

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2018
London, UK

Hey Vigilante

I’m quite confident I will be running a small business within the next couple of years but I firmly believe in getting my knowledge and experience as high as I can get it before starting on my own and the flip side to this is I would have to work as an employee at a company first.

After I pass that goal, my life will be going exactly as I plan it. NO room for luck.

I may have an interesting venture with marble, in my pipeline which I will be working on as another project whilst having to work and support my family.

The thought of this new, controlled, life that awaits me is giving me so much energy to succeed, it’s insane.

Thank you for your kind words and advice. It means a lot and I will look into an EBAY type business.

Many thanks

Kruiser

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
Aug 22, 2017
Arizona
My concerns are that with my record it will be hard to find an opening in a company so I can prove what an asset I would be.

Hey, congrats on turning things around! Welcome to the forum! I can't speak to the business culture in the UK, but in the US (which I'm guessing is fairly similar), it would likely be very hard to get a job at a bigger business with a criminal record. Bigger companies have policies and procedures that will likely make getting hired there virtually impossible.

So, that's one avenue that is (probably) closed, but there are lots of other options. Others have suggested some great ideas like eBay businesses. If you are really set on working in digital marketing and feel like you can't go off on your own yet, just start at a smaller company or agency. To get in there, it will likely be a lot of networking and face to face contact. A smaller entity won't be hampered by a policy from corporate legal that says they can't hire anyone with a criminal record.

So, I guess my point is that you can definitely get a job in digital marketing if that's what you want to do, but you will probably have a lot more success pursing jobs with smaller entities. Good luck!

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
So my story is this.

Wow, super impressed with what you're doing and what you're accomplishing.

Here's a couple of things to inspire you and potentially give you ideas.

^^This is about Defy Ventures, an organization that recognizes that a lot of people behind bars have an incredible entrepreneurial hustle, but they've been using it for things that were illegal. It sounds like you've made that transition, and digital marketing is a great field.

(Just out of curiosity, if you're currently working outside the jail as a Digital Media Executive for 15 hours a day, 6 days a week, can't you keep that position once you're released?)

^^Gerardo's story took a very good look at the realistic difficulties that you can face even after you've left your old lifestyle behind, and it was incredibly inspirational to me to see the direction he took with it.

I am the leader of a team of 8 volunteers who go into our local county jail 3 times a week to give classes. We have been doing this for almost 4 years. I know jail is not the same as prison, but there are some parallels. We've seen a lot of people succeed, but we've also seen a lot of people fall back into their old traps.

From my experience, it is 100% possible to be successful on the outside, but it requires an insane amount of commitment, drive, and wisdom. And that has to come from within you - not from an external force. So just a couple of tips I'd throw out there for you:

1. Cultivate patience.
Things might not move as fast as you want them to. For instance, for many of the people we work with, just getting a driver's license costs an unbelievable effort. Some things that other people can do easily may present a serious hurdle to you. Keep moving forward. Keep being patient. Keep holding on.

If there's a part of your mind that's protesting, "But I could make 10x this money if I just did a drug deal once or twice," you're going to get sucked in to the old lifestyle faster than you can blink. I've seen it happen over and over.

It's ok to recognize that it's frustrating to work a job that's exhausting and difficult in exchange for a pittance of salary. It is. But you're going to rise above it. You're playing the long game.

I'm glad you're looking at building a fastlane opportunity for yourself, because that's going to give you a stronger incentive to hold on and stay faithful to your goals than if you were just looking at being stuck in a slowlane job until you're 80.

Speaking of which, this may seem like the opposite of the patience described above, but I'm almost concerned about the idea of working for an employer. Can you start your own thing now? If you can, that might be a good option. If you're concerned that you won't have the breadth and depth of experience that you'd need to launch a successful business unless you work for someone for a few years, that might be a fair point... but then again, that would be no different than a clueless 18-year-old trying to start a company - and if they can do it, you can.

2. Build a good support network around you.
The power of community is irreplaceable. If you don't have a good community of supportive people around you, it'll create a void in your life that will result in a magnetic pull to go back to your old community.

It goes without saying that you should sever ties with your old lifestyle, including most if not all of the people. They'll pull you right back down to their level.

You're doing something heroic to decide to not revert right back to that. But it'll require a pretty tenacious effort on your part. You'll need an extraordinary escape velocity to get where you're going. You can't afford anything that weighs you down.

If you're in the UK, there's an organization called Betel of Britain that might have a branch near you. This may be a starting point where you can find the right kind of support if you don't have it already.

3. Pay attention to resolving the things that triggered you to turn to drugs in the first place.
No one started to do drugs because they wanted to lose their job, their family, their home, or their freedom in society. They started to do drugs because there was some level of extreme pain and suffering in their life which begged for relief, and the drug provided that relief. For a little while, you could forget. For a little while, you could experience pleasure.

And that component is very frequently overlooked. It's overshadowed by the physically addictive properties of the drug. People think, "It's hard to quit because I'm physically addicted to the stuff and the withdrawal symptoms are miserable."

Yes, but it's also hard to quit because you're quitting the relief that the drug brought you. Quitting means that you have to face your demons, remember your painful memories, and feel the internal pain that you've dulled for so long. I'm guessing you've been sober for the duration of your time in prison. But when you get out, there might be something inside you that has been waiting for the type of relief that you used to get from the drug, and you're going to have to have the wherewithal to say no at that point.

Hopefully, you've addressed these pains. It sounds like you must have, because you sound like you're in an excellent mindset. But if something or other crops up, deal with it thoughtfully and try to get to a healthy way of addressing it. Get help with this part if you need to.

Many of these issues stem from waaaaaay back in your childhood. I'm talking about things like forgiveness. Abandonment. Rejection. Trauma. Not having enough to eat. Not having a nurturing childhood.

Those things hurt, and they'll beg for relief again and again.

If you don't have an alternative strategy for getting that relief, you'll be at an extra risk of going back to your "tried-and-true" source of relief (the drug). But DON'T give in. It's a fraudulent source of relief. Look where it got you. Look where it takes others. It's a false, hollow promise of relief, but it brings even worse pain in the aftermath.

REMEMBER THIS:
You are doing something worth celebrating.
You are doing something extraordinary.
You are doing something that very few other people even try to do.

And I think the people in this forum are going to be applauding you, cheering you on, rooting for you, and wanting the best for you.

So keep steady, and keep us posted. You've got this.

pmaloneus

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Dec 3, 2017
US
Almost all of my mastermind group, who are very successful in their own right, have some type of issues with their background.

Everything and anything is possible.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the forum, and thanks for sharing your story. It's a bit of a predicament, but as
@Vigilante suggested, focus on being your own boss. I do suggest following his advice and reading the flipping threads on here. They're gold mines.

Give100%

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2018
London, UK
Hey, congrats on turning things around! Welcome to the forum! I can't speak to the business culture in the UK, but in the US (which I'm guessing is fairly similar), it would likely be very hard to get a job at a bigger business with a criminal record. Bigger companies have policies and procedures that will likely make getting hired there virtually impossible.

So, that's one avenue that is (probably) closed, but there are lots of other options. Others have suggested some great ideas like eBay businesses. If you are really set on working in digital marketing and feel like you can't go off on your own yet, just start at a smaller company or agency. To get in there, it will likely be a lot of networking and face to face contact. A smaller entity won't be hampered by a policy from corporate legal that says they can't hire anyone with a criminal record.

So, I guess my point is that you can definitely get a job in digital marketing if that's what you want to do, but you will probably have a lot more success pursing jobs with smaller entities. Good luck!

Hi

Thank you for spending the time to read my post and even more thanks for replying with motivational words and a genuine answer.

I will make a huge success of my life and put this behind me and I hope I bump into a lot people along my journey, with the same thoughts as you.

Many thanks

Give100%

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2018
London, UK

^^This is about Defy Ventures, an organization that recognizes that a lot of people behind bars have an incredible entrepreneurial hustle, but they've been using it for things that were illegal. It sounds like you've made that transition, and digital marketing is a great field.

(Just out of curiosity, if you're currently working outside the jail as a Digital Media Executive for 15 hours a day, 6 days a week, can't you keep that position once you're released?)

^^Gerardo's story took a very good look at the realistic difficulties that you can face even after you've left your old lifestyle behind, and it was incredibly inspirational to me to see the direction he took with it.

I am the leader of a team of 8 volunteers who go into our local county jail 3 times a week to give classes. We have been doing this for almost 4 years. I know jail is not the same as prison, but there are some parallels. We've seen a lot of people succeed, but we've also seen a lot of people fall back into their old traps.

From my experience, it is 100% possible to be successful on the outside, but it requires an insane amount of commitment, drive, and wisdom. And that has to come from within you - not from an external force. So just a couple of tips I'd throw out there for you:

1. Cultivate patience.
Things might not move as fast as you want them to. For instance, for many of the people we work with, just getting a driver's license costs an unbelievable effort. Some things that other people can do easily may present a serious hurdle to you. Keep moving forward. Keep being patient. Keep holding on.

If there's a part of your mind that's protesting, "But I could make 10x this money if I just did a drug deal once or twice," you're going to get sucked in to the old lifestyle faster than you can blink. I've seen it happen over and over.

It's ok to recognize that it's frustrating to work a job that's exhausting and difficult in exchange for a pittance of salary. It is. But you're going to rise above it. You're playing the long game.

I'm glad you're looking at building a fastlane opportunity for yourself, because that's going to give you a stronger incentive to hold on and stay faithful to your goals than if you were just looking at being stuck in a slowlane job until you're 80.

Speaking of which, this may seem like the opposite of the patience described above, but I'm almost concerned about the idea of working for an employer. Can you start your own thing now? If you can, that might be a good option. If you're concerned that you won't have the breadth and depth of experience that you'd need to launch a successful business unless you work for someone for a few years, that might be a fair point... but then again, that would be no different than a clueless 18-year-old trying to start a company - and if they can do it, you can.

The power of community is irreplaceable. If you don't have a good community of supportive people around you, it'll create a void in your life that will result in a magnetic pull to go back to your old community.

It goes without saying that you should sever ties with your old lifestyle, including most if not all of the people. They'll pull you right back down to their level.

You're doing something heroic to decide to not revert right back to that. But it'll require a pretty tenacious effort on your part. You'll need an extraordinary escape velocity to get where you're going. You can't afford anything that weighs you down.

If you're in the UK, there's an organization called Betel of Britain that might have a branch near you. This may be a starting point where you can find the right kind of support if you don't have it already.

3. Pay attention to resolving the things that triggered you to turn to drugs in the first place.
No one started to do drugs because they wanted to lose their job, their family, their home, or their freedom in society. They started to do drugs because there was some level of extreme pain and suffering in their life which begged for relief, and the drug provided that relief. For a little while, you could forget. For a little while, you could experience pleasure.

And that component is very frequently overlooked. It's overshadowed by the physically addictive properties of the drug. People think, "It's hard to quit because I'm physically addicted to the stuff and the withdrawal symptoms are miserable."

Yes, but it's also hard to quit because you're quitting the relief that the drug brought you. Quitting means that you have to face your demons, remember your painful memories, and feel the internal pain that you've dulled for so long. I'm guessing you've been sober for the duration of your time in prison. But when you get out, there might be something inside you that has been waiting for the type of relief that you used to get from the drug, and you're going to have to have the wherewithal to say no at that point.

Hopefully, you've addressed these pains. It sounds like you must have, because you sound like you're in an excellent mindset. But if something or other crops up, deal with it thoughtfully and try to get to a healthy way of addressing it. Get help with this part if you need to.

Many of these issues stem from waaaaaay back in your childhood. I'm talking about things like forgiveness. Abandonment. Rejection. Trauma. Not having enough to eat. Not having a nurturing childhood.

If you don't have an alternative strategy for getting that relief, you'll be at an extra risk of going back to your "tried-and-true" source of relief (the drug). But DON'T give in. It's a fraudulent source of relief. Look where it got you. Look where it takes others. It's a false, hollow promise of relief, but it brings even worse pain in the aftermath.

REMEMBER THIS:

And I think the people in this forum are going to be applauding you, cheering you on, rooting for you, and wanting the best for you.

1. Cultivate patience.

REMEMBER THIS:

Hello Bekit

What can I say?

You must have the heart of an angel. To take such time to help a stranger with not just a bunch of words, but some well thought out and genuine content.

The videos you have added are outstanding and really has given little old me a massive smile for a Monday morning.

I looked at Defy Venture and applaud them for giving a lot of people hope, trust, and inspiration and making successes of men that may have thought there was no hope.

Catherine Hoke must be admired by so many.

To answer your question, the reason I need to find another job upon my release is simply geographical reasons. Where I work now would be to far to travel from my home and the bonus for me is that where I live with in London, there is a thousand digital marketing agencies on my door step, I’m definitely going to succeed. I know nothing else but to succeed and I agree with your video posts that people like me have a natural instinct to make money, I just have to hone my skills to the legal world.

My heart strings were pulled, when the first video showed the Dads and they’re children at graduation day. It brought back so many real, raw, memories that are so close to home. I got arrested a week after my daughters first birthday and will be released a week before her fourth. I know I have a hard, long, testing journey ahead of me but I am relishing the challenge. The best of me is on its way. Watch out world haha.

I’m absolutely overwhelmed by the response, of my first ever post. Massive amount of respects to you for taking your time to reply.

If there was anything I could do for you I would.

I wish you all the best with what ever you do with your life and if you live by your own sdvice I am sure you are doing just fine.

Once again, THANK YOU.

Give100%

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2018
London, UK

Dan

Hello Dan

Just to keep you in the loop, I spoke with Timpsons and unfortunately they do NO type of marketing at all as the company has been going for 150 years.

Its leads like that, that I will chase all day long so thank you for your suggestion.

All the best

Give100%

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
the bonus for me is that where I live with in London, there is a thousand digital marketing agencies on my door step, I’m definitely going to succeed. I know nothing else but to succeed

Awesome. I love your mindset and attitude about this.

So if you have a thousand digital marketing agencies on your doorstep, what's your plan for approaching them?

Post your plan in detail a new thread with a title that indicates you're asking for feedback. Refine and tweak your plan based on the recommendations you get.

I know I have a hard, long, testing journey ahead of me but I am relishing the challenge. The best of me is on its way. Watch out world haha.

Can't wait to see what you bring to the world! You can do this!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
You don’t need to work for someone else’s agency to help other people’s businesses with their digital marketing.

You don’t need to learn any more to get started helping people.

May I humbly suggest you listen to the first radio interview in my signature, and also the call with @Contrarian.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My concerns are that with my record it will be hard to find an opening in a company so I can prove what an asset I would be.

Screw the job. Start your own business, be valuable to your customers, and no one will care about your past. That's why we're here, to write our own destiny, not to give it to some company.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on moving in the right direction.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Welcome to the forum @Give100%! Check out this thread as well;

CHECKLIST: How to Start a Digital Marketing Agency & Hit $5K in Less than 90 Days

All the best serving the rest of your time, once you've read MJ's books and gotten through all this info here you'll know that prison time won't hold you back from building the future you want, and you can become an example and inspiration for others to steer clear of mistakes you've made in the past (if you choose to go in that direction). Good luck!

Give100%

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2018
London, UK
Awesome. I love your mindset and attitude about this.

So if you have a thousand digital marketing agencies on your doorstep, what's your plan for approaching them?

Post your plan in detail a new thread with a title that indicates you're asking for feedback. Refine and tweak your plan based on the recommendations you get.

Can't wait to see what you bring to the world! You can do this!

Thats a great idea Bekit.

My plan to date has been approaching local companies to where I live and explaining my situation to them and forwarding a CV.
I have asked a couple of companies if they would be keen to apply for the prison scheme I am doing but have hit a few brick walls. The prison and police do stringent checks on companies they clear so it can put companies off signing up.
It also takes up to 4 months to check a company so is a long process. It is a great scheme but they don't really push it to hard.

I will revise my plan nearer the end of my sentence in 6 months and I'm hoping to have more knowledge to offer.

Who knows I may just start my own company!!

Thanks Bekit for everything

Give100%

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2018
London, UK

CHECKLIST: How to Start a Digital Mar

[URL='https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/checklist-how-to-start-a-digital-marketing-agency-hit-5k-in-less-than-90-days.83453/unread']CHECKLIST: How to Start a Digital Marketing Agency & Hit $5K in Less than 90 Days
All the best serving the rest of your time, once you've read MJ's books and gotten through all this info here you'll know that prison time won't hold you back from building the future you want, and you can become an example and inspiration for others to steer clear of mistakes you've made in the past (if you choose to go in that direction). Good luck!

keting Agency & Hit $5K in Less than 90 Days[/URL]

Thank you Bearcorp for the post and I am hungrier then anyone you have ever met so will make this happen. I have just ordered MJ's Millionaire Fastlane and will be getting stuck in to it when it arrives.

When I get a few minutes today I will be looking through the link you provided.

Thank you very much

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Thats a great idea Bekit.

My plan to date has been approaching local companies to where I live and explaining my situation to them and forwarding a CV.
I have asked a couple of companies if they would be keen to apply for the prison scheme I am doing but have hit a few brick walls. The prison and police do stringent checks on companies they clear so it can put companies off signing up.
It also takes up to 4 months to check a company so is a long process. It is a great scheme but they don't really push it to hard.

I will revise my plan nearer the end of my sentence in 6 months and I'm hoping to have more knowledge to offer.

Who knows I may just start my own company!!

Thanks Bekit for everything

Well done mate, as they say, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

The lemonade you're going to be making once your out, is using the regimented system that's been forced upon you these past few years. To carve out a disciplined and structured life for yourself. You seem to have the drive and determination to make it, and to never end up back inside.

If you can get hold of it, read 'Deep Work' by Cal Davenport, I think it will help you.

You may need the job to build up funds before embarking on your own business, so if you do, just go for it. I think most places will be fine to take you on, you're not in for fraud or financial crime so that will chill a lot of people out.

The fact that you've been done for conspiracy shows you're not an addict, or at least your addiction is not necessarily what got you nicked in the first place.

Anyway, follow @Andy Black's advice and listen that call, and just go for it.

Good luck fella!

Give100%

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2018
London, UK

Give100%

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Nov 17, 2018
London, UK
Well done mate, as they say, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

The lemonade you're going to be making once your out, is using the regimented system that's been forced upon you these past few years. To carve out a disciplined and structured life for yourself. You seem to have the drive and determination to make it, and to never end up back inside.

If you can get hold of it, read 'Deep Work' by Cal Davenport, I think it will help you.

You may need the job to build up funds before embarking on your own business, so if you do, just go for it. I think most places will be fine to take you on, you're not in for fraud or financial crime so that will chill a lot of people out.

The fact that you've been done for conspiracy shows you're not an addict, or at least your addiction is not necessarily what got you nicked in the first place.

Anyway, follow @Andy Black's advice and listen that call, and just go for it.

Good luck fella!

Nice one Roli.

I'm genuinley overwhelmed with all the posts flying my way. Believe me I am responding and taking every one of them very seriously.

I have started to listen to @Andy Black soundcloud and will gey through all information provided to me.

Keep in touch

Give100%

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Beware the trap of never ending consuming.

What if you already know enough?

You don't need to be an expert

Two lines to bear in mind:

“You can’t invoice for input.” (Blaise Brosnan)

“The market doesn’t pay for activity.” (Blaise Brosnan)

Just go help a local business owner. Someone you know already. Could be a plumber, an electrician, or a carpet cleaner. The list of local services that people search for on Google will be in your local yellow pages. Feck CVs and 4 month waiting periods. Go grab it now.

What will you do to sign up your first client this coming week?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...