The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Well... I'm officially a Millionaire

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
I saw your name passing by sometimes, but I don't really know you.

I'm just really happy for you, man. You're an example for me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser394

Congratulations, @GrumpyCat. I appreciate you posting this thread - it takes courage to admit publicly you're a millionaire, but it's extremely motivating for all of us here.

If you were to share just one lesson/observation most people here wouldn't agree with (perhaps something against the "common Fastlane sense"), what would it be?

People view saving as defense and discard the idea. To win a Super Bowl you need a solid offense AND defense. So there is value in spending less than you earn, whether it's a lot of money or a little.

Coo

Coool......well done young man. However........There is a certain advantage point in anonymity in this crazy world ? My guess is there are lots of people here on the forum already on that status, but choose option "B" . Just for the record I haven't attained this status (yet)Lol .."Rep +++ to you

Not many people know in real life. Looking at me from an outside point of view, I don't look anything special. I look like a typical early 20s person. I don't even have a car. But I live downtown so it doesn't make a difference.

I was just asking for an actual graph.

Most of my money is in the stock market currently, however I made most of my money outside of the market. Looking to get out completely and go all in on some other project.

We all knew you would do it, man.

I dunno if anyone's read his old posts, but @GrumpyCat had posted all sorts of, well, worrying and slightly disturbing things over the 7 years he's been here. He's been in pretty low places and has faced more hardship than a lot of us here.

He's made money working his a$$ off, and then lost money on deals that have gone wrong. He's been deep in debt and got out of it. At 23, he has more battle scars than most people his age, and more than a lot of people twice his age.

He's been out there doing and kicking a$$... and getting his a$$ kicked, too. Congrats, man.

This ain't the end, man. You've still got millions to go.

Still can't get a girlfriend... so there's that. lol

Still waiting on the ebook with a step by step for getting on the news with a bike.....

Great job @GrumpyCat !

1. Put yourself into a situation where you have 2-4 seconds to make a decision.
2. Make the wrong decision.
3. Wait for good samaritan to arrive.
4. Email local news crews to share the story.
5. Go Viral
6. Meet samaritan.
7. Million.

Congrats man!! You should come and present at the meetup next year :)

I'm very introverted. Online is the medium where I choose to express myself. Not a fan of crowds. I would consider attending, but definitely not presenting unfortunately. We'll see.

Race you to a billion :playful:

I see you've got a 10/90 cash/security split. Do you play any options in the stock market or do you stick to mostly blue chip? And congratulations!

10/90 split is just coincidence. I only invest in 4 ETFs. Boring as **** :)

Here: http://canadiancouchpotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/CCP-Model-Portfolios-TD-e-Series.pdf

I use the 25/25/25/25.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the day, this isn't about me. It's about motivating others to just go after what they want. You'll make it eventually if you never give up and put in real effort.

SmoothFranko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 31, 2015
Australia
I'm 23 now. I don't have to answer to anyone, or punch a clock, or do anything that I don't want to do.
I am the same age as you now have never had anyone believed in me, have never had more then 1k in my bank, work a night fill job that barely pays 600 a fortnight, was kicked out of home because I chose to distance myself from Jehovah's Wtinesses, and now I try everyday to tell myself that I need to change. So I've started by going to the gym for the first time in 2 years to get energy because I have always had a motivation problem, I have no one to help me and my family and relatives all think I'm just a rebellious son who turned his back on 'GOD' and deserves to be shunned.

I just hope that in 7 years I can say the same man, but I feel like I'm on the precipice of a very deep abyss.

Thriving Elite

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jun 30, 2014
Congrats to @GrumpyCat for his success, just wondering I know this may be slightly off topic but did you go to University by any chance, since you're a millionare around the same age people are just finishing university,

P.S You're inspirational :)

Carnage

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Sep 4, 2015
THanks for the motivation.
I really enjoyed reading your hustling threads and that is actually what got me to get off my butt and sell some stuff.

D

DeletedUser394

Congrats to @GrumpyCat for his success, just wondering I know this may be slightly off topic but did you go to University by any chance, since you're a millionare around the same age people are just finishing university,

P.S You're inspirational :)

I dropped out during my second semester in 2010.
Was accepted to a different university in 2012. Never enrolled.
Dropped out of another university during first semester in 2014.

I'm planning to take a couple of accounting courses at a local community college as I believe they will be beneficial to me, however I've all but given up on acquiring a degree. 4 years is too long. I'd rather just take 4 courses.

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 27, 2015
Congrats, you are 23 years old yet have the wisdom of a 53 year old, forget about the money, as they are only a measure of externals, your internals is already way ahead of most people in this world. Keep it up and by 33 you'd be a billionaire!

Thriving Elite

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jun 30, 2014
I dropped out during my second semester in 2010.
Was accepted to a different university in 2012. Never enrolled.
Dropped out of another university during first semester in 2014.

I'm planning to take a couple of accounting courses at a local community college as I believe they will be beneficial to me, however I've all but given up on acquiring a degree. 4 years is too long. I'd rather just take 4 courses.

Oh thats quite interesting actually I feel the same way, I'm personally 19, and I plan on doing courses instead of University as well.
Either ACCA (accounting), an English teaching course, I'm still quite indecisive though.
Currently working on my own business at the moment though.

You worked like no one else now working is optional for you, since you're a millionare.

Anyway let me know how it goes @GrumpyCat .

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
Congratulations, that's effin' amazing.

Please post how many PMs you get asking for mentoring now.

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
Congrats mate!

Crazy to think back a year ago messaging you about random things and all that hard work and perseverance you have done since! Im honestly proud!
This is big time motivating not just for me but the whole forum.

SenGracic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 12, 2015
Canada
Congrats ! I wish I had your wisdom when I was 15 years old instead of playing video games like crazy !
I wish you all the best for your current and future projects !

Corbitron

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jul 20, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Congratulation man!

Don't know much about you but will have go read your posts.

Thanks for the motivation. I really needed this today. I am also 23 but no where near as successful as you yet.

Good luck on finding a girlfriend and with your future endeavors.

SBS.95

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Oct 14, 2012
Pennsylvania
I'm just picturing you selling hundreds of thousands of N64 games(?) on craigslist :D
Well done dude.

I like to think he scaled it and moved onto the valuable games like Earthbound. 1,000,000/200=5000. Only 5000 copies... actually a hell of a lot less than I would have imagined.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Still can't get a girlfriend... so there's that. lol
Not saying it is like this with every marriage

but I literally just came across this after I read that

http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/05/inv...ettlement-talks/index.html?iid=hp-toplead-dom
A public trial could be messy for Ken Griffin, the founder and CEO of the $24 billion Citadel hedge fund empire in Chicago. After 11 years of marriage, the billionaire filed for divorce in July 2014.
Court documents have already generated unwanted headlines about the couple's finances. Earlier this year Anne Dias Griffin demanded $1 million in monthly expenses, which includes $300,000 for the use of a private jet, $160,000 for hotels and $2,000 in stationery costs.

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
@GrumpyCat
well_done.jpg

It took me 7 years to figure this shit out.
This statement stands out to me.

Every single day, I dig deeper because I believe that it's possible to figure out in my own life.

Thank you for sharing. It helps more than you know.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
@GrumpyCat's next endeavour - take all of the posts from this forums about what he did, format them into an ebook, sell them, and make another million. ;)

I said congratulations before, but the more I think about what you did, the more impressed I am.

Michael W.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Mar 2, 2009
Ok City, OK
I am the same age as you now have never had anyone believed in me, have never had more then 1k in my bank, work a night fill job that barely pays 600 a fortnight, was kicked out of home because I chose to distance myself from Jehovah's Wtinesses, and now I try everyday to tell myself that I need to change. So I've started by going to the gym for the first time in 2 years to get energy because I have always had a motivation problem, I have no one to help me and my family and relatives all think I'm just a rebellious son who turned his back on 'GOD' and deserves to be shunned.

I just hope that in 7 years I can say the same man, but I feel like I'm on the precipice of a very deep abyss.

You did. And welcome to the club.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
@GrumpyCat,

23 years old - with your mindset? Priceless!

Although it's never too late, within reason, - Harlan Sanders made a whole lotta money selling fried yardbird at the age of 65 - there is something to be said about having your mindset intellectually calibrated at a young age.

Congratulations, GrumpyCat!:)

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
I have to ask what business model do you have?

Alls I knew was that you were hustling on craigslist buying and re selling, you made a million doing that???

D

DeletedUser394

I have to ask what business model do you have?

Alls I knew was that you were hustling on craigslist buying and re selling, you made a million doing that???

That was 4 years ago man. 2011-2012. lol

The majority of my money thus far was earned in the hospitality/concierge industry. I used hustling money to parlay into other ventures. Many of which failed or never even got off the ground.

The Grind

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Oct 17, 2014
That was 4 years ago man. 2011-2012. lol

The majority of my money thus far was earned in the hospitality/concierge industry. I used hustling money to parlay into other ventures. Many of which failed or never even got off the ground.
Sorry I dont stalk EVERYONE on here and always keep up with what they are doing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.