The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
You are right that I’m seeing this from my own perspective.

I have no problem with quitting something you don’t want to do and do something else that makes you happy.

What bothers me through the way I see it is:

A guy was complaining here that he was miserable and almost broke because he started selling door 2 door so he could build another project that he quit almost being a lawyer for.
So he could have gone through with it, take the money from there and put it in his project. Why the extra drama if he’s going to be miserable either way he might as well be paid more.

that’s all I wanted to say

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016

I have no problem with quitting something you don’t want to do and do something else that makes you happy.

A guy was complaining here that he was miserable and almost broke because he started selling door 2 door so he could build another project that he quit almost being a lawyer for.
So he could have gone through with it, take the money from there and put it in his project. Why the extra drama if he’s going to be miserable either way he might as well be paid more.

He probably had a change of heart and realized becoming and being a lawyer is not going to be as fulfilling as he thought.

So he starts chasing the dream and it isn't working out at first - a recurring theme with every entrepreneur who ever entrepreneur'd. But, eventually, through sheer willpower, he'll probably get there and be happy because he would now be in control of his life.

He's pretty much guaranteed to go through some degree of misery on his way to success and sacrifice his short-term comfort and security for prosperity in the long term. Quitting now and going back to being a lawyer, just because what he's doing is hard and uncomfortable, would probably make him a LOT more miserable than he currently is.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Sounds very similar to my experience. I graduated at the top of my class and refused to get a job. Instead I got low paying unskilled jobs and no one understood why. After a few years I started to get depressed because my vision and identity wasn’t matching my results. My friends all around me were buying townhouses and cars and I felt even more depressed.

Eventually I turned the ship around. Now I’m sure all those friends I had back in those days are still miserably working in their jobs with still enjoying their mediocre townhouses and mid-sized sedans. Their life hasn’t changed but 5%, mine has changed 10000%…. all because I refused to follow the rote Script where your life is planned and predictable.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
You can't defeat someone who never gives up
Unless you killed them and they are dead?! I’m thinking war outcomes.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Unless you killed them and they are dead?! I’m thinking war outcomes.

If they truly never give up they would come back as zombies.

On a more serious note, even in that case they most likely wouldn't be defeated because their example would inspire another generation to keep fighting.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
If they truly never give up they would come back as zombies.

On a more serious note, even in that case they most likely wouldn't be defeated because their example would inspire another generation to keep fighting.

Walking Dead!!!

Fun back and forth here…

Take a Nazi Germany - Hitler example. Dead and defeated. :)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Remembering that fallibility is the common lot of mankind—including you—can help diminish feelings of anger. When you point your finger in anger at someone else, remember that three fingers on the same hand point back in your own direction.

From How to Think Like a Roman Emperor by Donald Robertson.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I just finished my first session of a writing course I'm doing. I'm happy with the results so far considering I didn't think my first attempt was even that bad.
Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 4.55.52 am.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
I just finished my first session of a writing course I'm doing. I'm happy with the results so far considering I didn't think my first attempt was even that bad.
View attachment 42222
The 2nd one is so much better, good job!

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Thanks guys, glad to hear I’m getting my moneys worth on the course :)

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
So I think by now my posts have clearly pointed out that the only times I'm here on this forum are a) when I'm sleep deprived and giggling b) after imbibing too much of some mind-altering chemical c) when I'm feeling naughty d) when I really want to do is help somebody.

I don't ask for much advice...

So anyways today I was in a 12ft x 14ft room, attending a belly dancing class with six hippies of various ages. They smelt of Petrouli. A transvestite Egyptian played the drums, poorly, by candlelight. When the drummer opened the window I was thankful for several reasons.

Hips moving a bit, a small circle 8, that window started me thinkin about Solzhenitsyn who had the hope and the courage to describe all the torture that actually happened in a "civilized" country. His book is called the Gulag Archipelago. I'm reading the version that Jordan Peterson wrote a foreword for. Someone else designed the colorful Russian cover.

Then, with my hands in the flinging-energy-upwards-movement, I remembered my hubs saying that I should start writing for Medium about my beginner journey with crypto. Crypto is less challenging than dance.

Writing is a lovely medium but on Medium I dunno.. and can I randomly share poetry from missionaries in the 19th century while discussing masochistic crypto??

I don't believe that the inner workings of my ENTP mind would interest anyone or be of much help.. but hey if I made some more money from the affiliate links that'd be kinda hotter than me tryna belly dance.

I left class early, in socks, prancing through the night like Tinkerbell going home to Peter Pan. That's a bit how I feel when I write posts here, too.

Do you read Medium?

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
So anyways today I was in a 12ft x 14ft room, attending a belly dancing class with six hippies of various ages. They smelt of Petrouli. A transvestite Egyptian played the drums, poorly, by candlelight.

As one who works in an industry full of hippies I sometimes admire Cartman's hippie policies.

View: https://youtu.be/18mrVLf3DrQ

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
Beautifully put. Agreed.

These either or questions don’t reflect the spectrum of our actual reality and the million ways to do this… It is just one guy’s experience.
And he said he scaled down and started a second company so maybe he sees the second company going to enterprise level and just couldn’t do it with the first.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Well Canada.... I don't even know what to say. They just cheered in and voted that Justin Castro's emergency dictator powers were justified and what is needed. Even the liberal MPs who publically spoke out against him voted yes.

I wish I was making this up. Oh, and in a move straight out of the "this is temporary" playbook, they are moving their emergency banking powers away from the scope of needing an emergency, and can freeze and control accounts that essentially go against "the state" as they see fit. That won't be abused! Bring on the Social Credit System and let's start already!

Thanks Justin. You lauded and cheered the Chinese political system because you thought they could really get things done. Well, now you just brought Canada to the same steps. All with 32% of the popular vote from the last election.

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
This interview, hearing Elon Musk - One of the smartest guys on the planet etc... talk common sense. Feels like a scene from Idiocracy... plants need water to grow.

Common sense is uncommon. They should change the phrase to something else. :)

Boogie

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Nov 27, 2014
Midwest, USA

Gad Saad, an evolutionary behavioral scientist and friend of Jordan Peterson, has been very critical of what has been happening in Canada and the US for that matter.

You might also follow him if following Peterson:
View: https://twitter.com/GadSaad/status/1495797446689136643

Oh, BTW, Peterson is on a speaking tour if that's of interest as well.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
What do you remember about the world before Covid? You know “two weeks ago” in 2019…

G

Guest-5ty5s4

What do you remember about the world before Covid? You know “two weeks ago” in 2019…
Business was booming.
Unemployment was low.
Cost of living was cheap.
We were hiring and giving raises.
It seemed like my friends and I had plans every weekend to party, travel, etc.
Everyone was complaining about Trump, but seemed to be enjoying life in America at peak level.

There were no:
Masks
Passes
Travel restrictions
“Social distancing”
Face shields
People wearing scrubs who aren’t in the healthcare field
Armchair medical experts

We were warned pretty frequently about China, but nobody cared.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Flying to USA for 3 days for the summit, meeting new people with no masks and making plans to see a few people in Europe when I was to be there later in the year with my friends, after my Vietnam trip with other friends, then coming back home from USA and going to Bali a week later. I was there 3 weeks and came back before the borders closed and haven't left the country since.

I knew how good my life was then but I never expected it all to be taken from me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.