The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I wonder if soon humans will use pseudonyms for all interactions. Youtubers, authors, grandma on Facebook - to preserve a sense of self which has become the universal target of keyboard combatants, or to conceal their identity for their own computer crusades. Maybe we won't even know the "real" names of the people we meet in the "real" world too.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I wonder if soon humans will use pseudonyms for all interactions. Youtubers, authors, grandma on Facebook - to preserve a sense of self which has become the universal target of keyboard combatants, or to conceal their identity for their own computer crusades. Maybe we won't even know the "real" names of the people we meet in the "real" world too.
I was thinking the opposite recently. How I always joined forums as my personal name. Not for personal branding reasons but because I thought that was the done thing to do and it didn’t occur to me to do otherwise.

I’ve been wondering if people will tire of flaming cheese367 or billionairesshouldntexist (made up names... no offence intended if someone actually has those usernames on any platform).

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I like pseudonyms. I look at them as different brands. I don't want to be limited to just one thing. And since my interests sometimes are very different from each other, it would be weird to use the same name/brand for different stuff. Also, if you have a weird last name, it makes things even harder.

Ideally, pseudonyms would be 100% accepted and wouldn't make one iota of difference to people whether you're really Andy Black, Andy White, Andy Gray, or A. A. Anderson, or if it says Andy Johnson in your government documents.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
HubSpot will be acquiring the Hustle.

Both are some of the best content-players to make my email inbox, so its like a match made in heaven:

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Yea, there's definitely a pattern.

Comfort is a threat to motivation.

This is a deep pattern - probably Jungian (I’ve always wanted to read his work).

But you see it with businessmen too. You have wins and setbacks and you fight them as an underdog, but there eventually comes a point where the best battles have been won, the rewards have been made, and the champ can’t be bothered to fight another one. So they might close a biz or give up a fight or something.

Is that bad? Good? Depends on situation, probably. Maybe part of getting older too.

Me, I’m still young - need to put in my “best licks” while I still can.

If you aren’t where you wanna be, gotta stay hungry and stick to the path!

Last edited by a moderator:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Grr...not happy with Siteground's forced changes surprise this morning. I could navigate the old system in my sleep and have done so for nearly a decade. Might be the breaking point for me as a customer. Anyone else?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Hosting firm? Were they recently acquired?
Yes, the hosting firm. Not sure if they were acquired, but I think they might've been. They sent out an email once a year or two ago about some updates. I thought they weren't updating anything for users of Cpanel, but this morning when I woke up, everything had changed. I'll test it for a few days and see if I can make it work. I've run into a ton of hurdles with it this morning, so it's probably the end of the road for me, at least with Siteground.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

YES. The obscenely rich must go, especially people who create no value. Musk, your turn is next!
Nah...the haters will have to deal with the Quora and r/WallstreetBets crowds who literally worship 'Daddy Elon' for his godly hustle and shorts-slaying tendies.

Unfollowing the rich ain't gonna do anything but waste bandwidth.
But studying how the rich market online? That can be a DAILY masterclass by itself.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
don't want to start a new thread for this question,

is it possible to build a brand selling(white label) prescription drugs as a bundle?

thinking of doing something like this in my country.

why:
recurring
easier to get acquired (my opinion)
follows CENTS

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Forum was down for a few hours ... this is a test...

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Just ordered an iPhone 12 mini. Thought I'd try something new.

Either way, I have the Galaxy 20 Ultra as well so both ends of the spectrum.

I have it. LOVE it. I was tired of having a bigger phone. Fits nicely in my hand.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I still have an iPhone 7 will a broken screen :rofl:

You capitalist pigs!
Dude I’ve had like 6 phones since my 7. Get with the program. :rofl:

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Woke up. Forum was down.

A couple hours later, due to email migration, client's site was taken down.

Just got a phone call. Another client's site is down. (Expired SSL).

that-is-enough-internet-for-today-nguyen-anh-cu.gif

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I still have an iPhone 7 will a broken screen :rofl:

You capitalist pigs!

I'm still using an Iphone 5... you must be richer than me :clench:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

I'm still using an Iphone 5... you must be richer than me :clench:
You’ll be richer by giving away less money to Apple.
But of course when you have the money you can spend it however you want. Of course spending less means keeping more; just depends on priorities.

Personally, I haven’t seen much change in Apple’s products for a long time. They make the screen bigger or
slow down the old software (there was a lawsuit on this), but the innovation clearly happened in the earlier iPhone models.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
I still have my Huaweri Honor6X I purchased 3 or 4 years ago. I paid 160€ for it and it still works as if it was new. I don't need anything fancier than this, in fact I'd argue this phone is already too fancy for me!

The only thing I kinda wish is that it had a better camera, but considering its price point it's already good enough. I only use it to take picture of ducks chilling in the local river anyway.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Matt Walker, the psychologist who wrote Why We Sleep, thinks that this is very important to our health to have sufficient amounts of deep sleep. As we get older, we have less of it naturally. And coffee or tea cuts into that, even if you stop drinking it, say, at noon, because caffeine has a very long half-life and quarter-life. So, for example, the caffeine you ingest at noon — a quarter of it is still circulating in your bloodstream at midnight. It's still around. And this is the subtle and, perhaps, insidious effect it's having on you.

source: Michael Pollan Explains Caffeine Cravings (And Why You Don't Have To Quit)

Here’s why you’ll want to: caffeine has a six-hour half-life, which means it takes a full twenty-four hours to work its way out of your system. Have a cup of joe at eight a.m., and you’ll still have 25% of the caffeine in your body at eight p.m. Anything you drink after noon will still be at 50% strength at bedtime. Any caffeine in your bloodstream—with the negative effects increasing with the dose—makes it harder to fall asleep.

When you do finally fall asleep, the worst is yet to come. Caffeine disrupts the quality of your sleep by reducing rapid eye movement (REM) sleep, the deep sleep when your body recuperates and processes emotions. When caffeine disrupts your sleep, you wake up the next day with an emotional handicap. You’re naturally going to be inclined to grab a cup of coffee or an energy drink to try to make yourself feel better. The caffeine produces surges of adrenaline, which further your emotional handicap. Caffeine and lack of sleep leave you feeling tired in the afternoon, so you drink more caffeine, which leaves even more of it in your bloodstream at bedtime. Caffeine very quickly creates a vicious cycle.

source: Caffeine: The Silent Killer of Success

I thought that it took 6 hours for the caffeine to leave the system but that was just half-life.

I plan to avoid caffeine for at least a month and see how it impacts me. I don't drink coffee, just tea in the morning (and during the day caffeine that comes from dark chocolate and stuff like that, but that's probably a minuscule amount) but having learned this, it means that even though it's just tea and only in the morning, there's pretty much always some caffeine in my body that reduces my sleep quality (which is bad already).

G

Guest-5ty5s4

source: Michael Pollan Explains Caffeine Cravings (And Why You Don't Have To Quit)

I thought that it took 6 hours for the caffeine to leave the system but that was just half-life.

I plan to avoid caffeine for at least a month and see how it impacts me. I don't drink coffee, just tea in the morning (and during the day caffeine that comes from dark chocolate and stuff like that, but that's probably a minuscule amount) but having learned this, it means that even though it's just tea and only in the morning, there's pretty much always some caffeine in my body that reduces my sleep quality (which is bad already).
Wow, this is eye opening. I knew it was a little bit of an issue but like you figured it was fine if I stopped around 10 am.

Now I’m going to try to quit caffeine altogether. Will be tricky since I generally have coffee rather than breakfast. Maybe breakfast is better than fasting, too...

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy

Thanks for the articles!

I religiously drink tea in the morning (around 7-8 AM) and in the afternoon (around 4-5 PM), I don't drink coffee. Looks like I'll have to cut back. I will not to drink any for a month and see what happens.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

I drink decaffeinated tea. Maybe try that?

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018

I cut out caffeine on Dec. 22 and went about a month without it.

Interesting side effect for me: I started dreaming again.

I hadn't realized that I hadn't dreamed in forever (or, at least, remembered my dreams). Now, I'm back to having crazy, wild adventures in my dreams.

I figured this was a sign that my brain was feeling more creative.

I went back to drinking tea a couple weeks back. Then I cut out caffeine again last week.

Going caffeine free seems to be a better option for helping me to be more grounded and "prepared for the day" mentally.

Which is funny, because I was using caffeine to accomplish exactly that. ("In order to face the day, I'm going to need some caffeine.")

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.