The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
Ha, every home I’ve ever lived in had a Bolshevik HOA. You need to move to the country in the USA to not have one.
I'm not sure how I would react to a group of neighbors telling me what I could or could not do. I would probably do whatever they said because I am a coward when it comes to getting sued. A friend of mine had a side business photographing lasers in his house, and some neighbor reported him for "creating a fire-hazard". He stopped rather than fight it. The neighbor actually said he had peeked through the guys window to see what he was doing, lol.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
Crazy sold for 400k in 2003, than for 100k in 2020. Fully aware of the housing crash back than and inflated prices around 03 but FFS was there a meth lab in the basement to get down to 100k.
I've seen super-high sale prices as the initial price, I think that was what a developer paid for all the land in the neighborhood. I consider it a bug in the data. It would be sad if they really did pay $400k for the house.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I've been studying for my Military School Admission Test and CET. I'm using the pomodoro technique which is 25 mins study 5 mins rest, 25 mins study 5 mins rest, 25 mins study, 5 rest, and 25 mins study and 30 mins rest. After that it's difficult to get back on track and start procrastinating by reading some stories here in TFLF. I wonder how can I make my learning materials engageable like stories since we humans love stories...

(Thinking bout how to make math engageable as possible)
Look up the Life of Fred books. That’s exactly what they do, all the way up through physics I think.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
TIL in 1989 an Army Ranger bought a house for $10k in Tacoma WA. He began renovating it, and reporting neighborhood crimes. He realized the Hilltop Crips were getting ready to attack his home, so he called his base for backup. 300 rounds were fired in a 30 minute gunfight between the Rangers and the Crips.

"Just after the Rangers arrived on Sept. 23, 1989, some 15 to 20 gang members began to shoot up the 32-year-old's house while his buddies were inside. Luckily, the Rangers had brought their own personal weapons to the party. The Crips were probably surprised when their would-be victim's house began to return fire."

"For an estimated 10 to 30 minutes, the two groups exchanged intense fire in a "gun battle" on the streets of residential Tacoma. Witnesses said "hundreds of rounds from handguns, shotguns and semiautomatic weapons were fired." Somehow, no one was hurt."

"As of October 2020, the house that Foulk and the Rangers were defending is worth $447,000, according to real-estate website Redfin. And the hilltop neighborhood that saw the outbreak of violence is one of Tacoma's quietest."

I hope they make this into a movie if they haven't already.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
351%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Was sliding through TMF again recently

Stuff like this reminds me of the "Everyone's doing it" section MJ talks about. Every single post I see talks about starting copy/paste agencies and stuff. So hard not to get sucked in by the crowd sometimes.

It's interesting to see the roads inside of TMF that AREN'T on lists like these, that aren't as sexy.. And look within them.

977c86f2d45d8d5c0f8ce74a2c60564b (1).png

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
I hold and promote cannabis events, but diversified with media and have a publication in dispensaries. Both of these are part of my three legged cannabis stool along with product in stores which has been delayed due to government interference with licensing requirement changes. While I mostly have control of what I do platform wise, I'm at the whim of big brother and thought after leaving Washington state to Freedom Oklahoma solved that problem, but now the chickens are coming home to roost.
The Free State of Florida welcomes you with open arms, pothead.

I assume, anyway, I don't actually know anything about cannabis laws here beyond that its legal medically and fairly easy to get a scrip for.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

The Free State of Florida welcomes you with open arms, pothead.

I assume, anyway, I don't actually know anything about cannabis laws here beyond that its legal medically and fairly easy to get a scrip for.

Florida is horrible for freedom and cannabis. Is the pothead comment really needed?

Not horrible for either. And he wasn’t being mean spirited, he was being friendly.
Yeah, I took it as a joke. He wasn't using the word "pothead" in a derogatory way at all.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
No, I don't speak Canadian

I mean... This coulda been funny I guess...

I don't like countries where they drive on the other side of the road. I'm gonna stick it out here in Oklahoma where the toothless Republican idiots who beat the freedom drum and bang their 1st cousins while jerking off to a Trump picture rule the land.
comment really needed?

The irony...

People in glass houses Private.

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
Does anyone have any good offline iPhone video editing apps they use?
You want to edit videos on your iPhone? iMovie is great for that.

You want to edit videos taken on your iPhone? iMovie/FCP/Premiere/Resolve...

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Does anyone have any good offline iPhone video editing apps they use?
I don't know if it works offline, but maybe CapCut?

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
@Lex DeVille is becoming progressively more handsome with each consecutive profile picture.

Here we have the fastlane equivalent of The Matrix:

View attachment 48028
  • The left side (gray) represents the boring and depressing slow lane.
  • The right side (blue) represents the blue sky of freedom that you get to see in the fastlane.

View attachment 48025
Don't forget the red shirt representing the red pill ... oh, and he knows Kung Fu.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I'm kind of semi-pissed off at the fact that I can't exactly provide value to this forum in a practical way, since I'm a teenager and have no anecdotes or experiences in the world of entrepreneurship besides just reading a bunch of entrepreneur books. I kind of feel like some of the stuff you learn in books need to be tested on your own skin before you fully understand them. This definitely doesn't warrant a post, just something I wanna throw out there.
Yes, thats the dilemma many of us are in.
Hide it like we do and don’t let the important people know it.
We have a chance they don’t get it!

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Is there a CRM equivalent of WordPress? Something like ActiveCampaign or Drip, except the individual maintains control?

The Problem
ActiveCampaign, who I've spent thousands and thousands of dollars with over the past decade has increased their prices and decreased support response times from a few minutes to a few days. They've also capped subscribers and if I want to increase that cap, I have to pay an additional amount per month on top of the price increase.

ActiveCampaign is still a private company but is starting to show signs of heading in the wrong direction. The problem is, I've integrated them so deeply into my business ecosystem that it would be incredibly difficult to up and switch to a new CRM. To make matters worse, other CRMs present the same risk.

The Solution
Does anyone know of a CRM equivalent of WordPress with the features of a major CRM like automations, tagging, custom fields, etc? If not, can someone please build one? I want to have more control over my basic email system with the ability to plugin any missing components just like you plugin apps with Wordpress.

Prdgy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Mar 27, 2023
Oh man @MJ DeMarco I found a treat for you. Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction, even you couldn’t think of something as ridiculous as this in your article about FiRE

“Jo Nemeth, from northern NSW, quit her job in 2014 because she felt every time she spent her money it was harming someone.

Over the years she’s lived with two families with free board and food, in exchange for her looking after their kids, doing chores and gardening.

The mum uses leftover napkins friends supplied her for toilet paper, and these same friends also gave her the end bits of their toothpaste to get by.

At one point she was living in a shack and cooking her meals out of a stove she built by hand using bricks.

She also had to break up with her partner at the time because they were not on board with the idea”

Holy s#$%. She's managed to force herself into odd jobs without the promise of any money. The Sidewalk has officially peaked.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Not horrible for either. And he wasn’t being mean spirited, he was being friendly.
Florida is extremely weed friendly. Medical legal, no real possession laws (if the cops pull you over with a dime bag they don't care) and about to be recreationally legalized. You are correct sir.

Serito

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Dec 24, 2013
It looks like ChatGPT not verifying age for younger people was a part of the issue.

From the official statement:

"A data breach affecting ChatGPT users’ conversations and information on payments by subscribers to the service had been reported on 20 March." (prompt histories and last 4 digits of credit cards leaked)

and

"Finally, the Italian SA emphasizes in its order that the lack of whatever age verification mechanism exposes children to receiving responses that are absolutely inappropriate to their age and awareness, even though the service is allegedly addressed to users aged above 13 according to OpenAI’s terms of service."

... and this:

"...It will have to notify the Italian SA within 20 days of the measures implemented to comply with the order, otherwise a fine of up to EUR 20 million or 4% of the total worldwide annual turnover may be imposed."

Intelligenza artificiale: il Garante blocca ChatGPT. Raccolta illecita di dati personali. Assenza di sistemi per la verifica dell’età dei minori (English version starts in the middle of the page).

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I just saw this on LinkedIn and it sounds pretty cool. A whole bunch of potential resources for those of you fed up with the crap being fed on major search engines:

"
#Google is so powerful that it hides other search engines from us. We simply do not know about the existence of most of them.

Meanwhile, there are still a large number of excellent search engines in the world that specialize in books, science, and other smart information.
Here a list of sites you've might never heard of.

www.refseek.com is a search engine for academic resources. More than a billion sources

www.worldcat.org - search the content of 20,000 global libraries.

https://link.springer.com - access to more than 10 million scientific documents: books, articles,

www.bioline.org.br is a library of published bioscientific journals

http://repec.org - Volunteers from 102 countries collected nearly 4 million publications

www.science.gov is a U.S. government search engine for more than 2200 scientific sites.

www.pdfdrive.com is the largest website for free download of PDF books. Claim more than 225 million titles.

www.base-search.net is one of the most powerful search engines for academic research texts. More than 100 million scientific articles, 70% of which are free"
Scinapse | Academic search engine for paper is a good one

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
Isn't SF the city where thievery has been made more or less legal if the amount is inferior to 100$?

I'm sure I have seen some articles about this a couple of years ago. It was crazy to read.
They dramatically lowered the punishment if the amount stolen is less than $950.

It turns out the "Jake Shields" was in fact the MMA fighter.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPwNIYMKX5A

This is disturbing. The man actually made a how to guide on becoming a fake guru.
Whats more scary is the ammount of people that fell for it. Its also just a great video.

I think the window cleaning side hustle space needs a guru...
This guy also made a fake cryptocurrency coin, said it was a scam FROM THE START, and it ended up becoming worth like $25,000,000. He felt so bad he burnt and locked up his entire wallet so he could never profit from it. It is an interesting video.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
@MJ DeMarco - I know you hate putting on the Fastlane Summit, and I understand your reasons around it. I still think your community needs an annual in-person meeting that's blessed by you, official or not. One that's not underground and in a foreign country, although that's a great event, too.

Friendships are formed and trust is established when people meet in real life. This forum probably wouldn't have gotten as much traction in the beginning, had there not been those initial RDPD gatherings. It's also easier to identify charlatans in person.

It doesn't have to be elaborate, and you can delegate. Your forum members here have run great events in the past, special props to @Red and @Kak .
How about we host it in Frankfurt, Germany?

I could rent us a nice clubhouse nearby. The place also have a tennis court. ;)

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I have been considering to just fully use chatgpt for my writing job. Even 3.5 writes better blog articles than me and in like a 100th of the time.

Still I feel bad about it since I feel like I am ripping the guy who I work for off. On the other hand it's a win win. I don't F*cking know.
Still I am slowly getting tired of writing 5k word seo articles about each different synonym for "hard skills" in German.

Would using chatgpt to write the texts and then just fixing them up a bit make me a bad person or freelancer ?

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
EPIZ7HBXkAc0I1G.jpg

Finally, a car that rivals, or even surpasses Pagani.
One of the most aggressive, wildest and radical car designs ever. Apollo Automobil's Intensa Emozione.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I just got my GoPro 10 out of storage for the winter to charge up the batteries and stuff and get it ready to use for whatever. The last time I used it was like a year ago. It has been stored in a box in my basement.

3 of my batteries are swollen like balloons, and the only one not like this was inside the camera. They are all GoPro branded. WTF is going on? That's like $100 worth of batteries that are now useless after being charged maybe 10 times each, if that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.