The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Now its about a year, when my problems with my neck disc prolapse started.
There were times, where I felt like my life is totally over.
I shut down most of what in my life matters for a while.
Beginning in December 2022, my Doc certificated me sick ( right expression?). Forbid me to work. No running, no sports, no gym.

Long story short: I decided to get into life and today is my first official work day again.

Many of you are entrepreneurs, so my parallel is, I organize my work an so the salary myself. And that way you sure can sympathize the freedom I feel.

And I like the German health system.

I only wanted to tell, hope no one is bored.
Congrats on your recovery!

machinistguy

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
Aug 22, 2022
DFW, Texas
View attachment 48642

Well I am happy that I dont rely on facebook ads to feed my family.

"There are no community standart violations"

BUT

"You have violated our community standarts"

I hope this gets fixed in a few hours since there is literally no reason for my page to be banned.
Pretty common, happened to me twice. You should be able to appeal (don't remember where). First time they asked for gov issued ID and a video call, the second they just removed the ban.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"according to the WEF..."

...and for this reason, I'm out.
Dwight will not eat ze bugz!
I just thought it was funny that the job predicted to grow the fastest was one using AI. And everyone's worried AI will destroy jobs...

An extract:

2023-05-05_00-12-49.png

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Amazon AWS study shows 90% savings by not using AWS (slight exageration).

"The new paper, though, seems to confirm a couple of suspicions among developers. One is that AWS-recommended solutions may not be the most cost-effective, as they invariably involve using multiple costly services."

Amazon has to make their margin on something.

Funny how this was a 'suspicion' :rofl:

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Don't homeschool because your child will lose amazing opportunities

I can't image what normal kids go through in high-school these days. It looks crazy and violent. My friend's son dropped out and got his GED. The teachers just played the radio in class to keep the students calm, and then passed them to get rid of them. Nobody learned a thing, but it was better than getting beat up by a student. There's probably a market for private "we will beat your kids a$$" schools, not for problem kids, but for normal kids.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nazca

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
May 3, 2023
France
Aha money is everywhere, in fact it's the most common thing in the world (except for walking into a room & forgetting why you're there). It might be script dogma you're fighting against. Let me explain.

I listed to Kyle Keegan's Show today & on Ep336 "The REAL Gap Between Rich & Poor" (fantastic episode, go listen to it) he went into depth on what differentiates these two classes of people. I was dropping my jaw throughout the entire episode because of how I shocked I was.

Here's some statistics for what poor people think about money:

90% said that think the rich inherit wealth.
79% said that wealth was luck.
90% said that fate determines wealth.

But here's the kicker - The wealthy think the exact opposite. Near 0%.

Coincidence? I think not.

These mindsets only shoot yourself in the foot. There's not a boogey man holding all the gold coins and only giving it to a small few. I don't believe it's "distributed weirdly" - I'd argue the money distributes itself depending on the value you provide.

For those at the back, I'll say that again!

The money distributes itself on the value YOU provide. Not Sally, James or Mark. You.

It goes the same for this too - time isn't rare, that's just what people say to except themselves from recognising that they make a choice.

The choice to not plan the day.
The choice to lay on the couch & binge.
The choice to smoke God knows what.
The choice to excessively drink.
The choice to procrastinate.
The choice to spent hours on YouTube, TikTok, other brain rot.

It's all choices & we are the arbiters of what we choose to do. I find that quite freeing.

As a good friend of mine always quotes "you are where you deserve to be".
Means a lot to me, thanks for clarifying. I will definitely change my mind about money. It's true that it is everywhere. I think the reason of my mindset is that I stay much in my room working hard instead of working intelligent. I try to work intelligent but I may be wrong on many things. I should learn more.

Thanks for your wise words.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Can anyone recommend a good email marketing tool? I'm looking for something that will allow me to send around 100-500 emails a day through my domain email.

Mailersend for only sending emails.

If you need automations, Mailerlite.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Imran Khan was arrested yesterday in Islamabad, Pakistan. Within hours, the entire country erupted with protests and fires. Tons of govt assets and buidlings razed. An army GHQ in Lahore was set on fire yesterday and surprisingly the army let the people inside.

If I had to sum up the situation, its total chaos. This is quickly turning into a civil war. Two provinces including the one I live in have already asked for army reinforcements.

I am getting tf out of this country. Surviving inside this mess feels impossible let alone becoming unscripted . It's time for me to start preparing to move outside.

Martial law and total anarchy looms over the Government. Again.

#rip
So sorry to hear this.

I thought taking down the old PM was unthinkable until the headlines hit.

Oddly your thoughts aren't too far from what I feel about UNSCRIPTION in general. It's no longer all about gaining as much wealth efficiently as I can...it's now about getting tf out of the system before it collapses for real. But already the cracks are turned into leakages.

Where do you plan to head to?

A more relevant thread here:

From the last time I read that thread though, one major opinion was to consider less-developed countries as a means of escaping the political drama of the West...but now I guess we have to rethink things.

I guess we have to choose which political dramas we can live with...or insulate ourselves from.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I know this is going to sound absolutely crazy but I wish I could get paid for stimulating conversation in groups online. I have so much fun just talking and getting ppl to talk online.

why not just start your own paid online community?

Awakened2022

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Jan 14, 2023
My freelancer from philipine suddenly become uncontactable. He is supposed to assist me to edit my ebook. But anyway I want to talk about a different but related point.

This forum has members from high-income countries and also members from developing nation.

Since most works can be done remotely these days, there is some good chance to match make and collaborate.

A young man needs cash in 20 days….Another dude tied to his job and no time to work on his business..

It solves the freelancing vs hiring debate. Those who could freelance and make material impact should do so. Those who could hire should hire and outsource and not be a solopreneur.

Should the forum has such a section to facilitate such connections? There is already some level of trust compared to total strangers elsewhere.
Watching for an answer as I am one of those people that could benefit from such a section.Good thinking in my opinion.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia
Watching for an answer as I am one of those people that could benefit from such a section.Good thinking in my opinion.
There is, sort of:

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I used to have that effect in groups and communities when I joined them. Group owners would message me and thank me for getting the group going. I'd also get invited into other groups and forums by group owners.

I had my own community on and off before realising it took all the fun out of it for me.

So now I participate for fun and to meet interesting people. It's also my little break from work.

In your case @Primeperiwinkle... maybe you could try having a little newsletter, or a little group and see how it goes?
Exactly! I'm the same. You understand. I did start a little blog but it's ended up being something more about spirituality than anything else. I have less than a hundred followers but they're all cool. I feel like whatever's next will be a real adventure in my life.. but I'm just not there yet. Maybe I'm not ready. Or maybe the next adventure is so far beyond my current realm of comfort I can't fathom it, yet.

Anyhoo.. thanks Andy.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
this is just a bit of an observation/rant that I'm sure has been shared here before, but I'm going to rehash it anyway....

Stay aware of your surroundings, it pays to be conscious, observant, and kind. Not being aware of your surroundings and other people in them is hurting BOTH you and them.

The cause and effect relationship of complete unawareness is something that is often attributed to a difference in education, and why some communities seem to be very poor or very wealthy (at least here in Atlanta Georgia where I live). Not always, but it's definitely a start. Communities with a general respect of one another have less crime, better health, and overall live better lives.

Example 1: I live in an apartment with a coworking space and a gaming space, one floor different from each other. For some reason I cannot figure out, these people DAILY come into this space and start yelling at their Facetime calls, start watching movies, etc. There is a space that is NEVER used right below this for loud and entertaining activities, and when I let them know, they simply don't care, and continue on with whatever they're doing: distracting everyone else in the room.

One of the repeat offenders of this had gotten locked out of the apartment complex (which is a $150 fine for us) last night and asked for somoene to come help them in the groupchat.

I was the only one awake to help out, and I would have, but then when I recognized who it was, and said no, because they have done nothing but distract me for weeks. They can pay the $150 fine for being an a**hole and too irresponsible to take their keys with them. Anyone else, I would have helped them out no questions asked. This was a direct cost for them. Awareness and kindness of what they might be doing to conveinence or inconveinence others would have helped here.

Example 2: I bought a new car this week, went into a store for 10-15 minutes to buy a USB cable. The car had 129 miles on it when someone loading a TV into his car (around age 25 or so), ends up not noticing that his shopping cart had got away from him, and rams right into my car while I'm trying to plug the cable in (I made sure not to park near anyone, but this was on a hill so it didn't matter, always park on the top of a hill I guess).

If I was being aware of my surroundings, I would have seen the shopping cart and jumped out and caught it before it hit my car. Inconveinence is the payment I am making for this lack of awareness on my part. I'm aware I'm a clumsy person, so I NEVER let a shopping cart get more than 5 feet from me while loading something.

The guy was nice enough, but not being aware and considerate of his shopping cart is going to end up costing him $$$$ out of pocket, and I know that hurts because he was obviously not a wealthy guy. However, because he was, for the most part, kind, I did my best to shop the cheapest possible way to get a good fix on it, so it would work out for him. I could have gone to the first place and sued for the damages, but I found someone that would do it for $1,400 instead of the $2,100 on the initial quote. If he was a dick about it, I wouldn't have spent 10 hours of my time this week trying to get quotes and resolve this issue as cheap as possible for him.

Karma exists in these two scenarios, do good things and good things will come back to you. Being aware of how others think, feel, and their intentions and desires ends up making you a better businessman (better negotiator), better spouse/friend (less arguments when you understand how others around you will feel about something before you say/do it), and a wealthier person (people tend to help you out when they like you).

Please be kind to one another :)

This hero kid gets this very early in life and lives were saved.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Exactly! I'm the same. You understand. I did start a little blog but it's ended up being something more about spirituality than anything else. I have less than a hundred followers but they're all cool. I feel like whatever's next will be a real adventure in my life.. but I'm just not there yet. Maybe I'm not ready. Or maybe the next adventure is so far beyond my current realm of comfort I can't fathom it, yet.

Anyhoo.. thanks Andy.
Ask your followers? Publish an "I'm thinking of" post as I did in my "Just Start Already" thread in my signature? I did one recently on FB and LI that was for a newsletter rather than a course.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I'm a Chinese in Malaysia.
Despite my Chinese background, I never really got around learning Mandarin and a dialect (Cantonese).

Now that I'm older, I have tried to learn them up, for the sake of my loved ones...and for cultural sake. I know there's an entire world of knowledge hidden behind the Mandarin texts, newspapers and books, especially after hearing my mentor-figures in Chinese stocks trading discuss many, many things about China.

But I never really could catch on the habit of learning Mandarin and/or Cantonese.

It wasn't the material's fault. I had HSK books, Hanbook app on my phone...I even learned a lot from Peppa Pig kid's shows in the language.

So what was the problem?

Today just made me realise it. No...remember it.

Today I was eating out at a restaurant, and I was coughing hard because I just recovered from an illness. I did my best to turn away from people next to me...but some Chinese retard uncle scowled at me rudely to get the F*ck away and stop coughing at his table. Even with the little Cantonese I knew, I understood his crude words and hated them.

That day my mindset was very down because of that illness. All I could think was, 'Could that uncle not see me struggling to breathe in my face mask? I have to cough...but I never coughed right in your face...'

It took all of my self-control to not jump him and cut him down. Literally.

I just changed my seat to elsewhere far off.

I thought about all this...and realised all my life...it was sadly my OWN Chinese race who gave me A LOT of pain.
My own relatives. My own flesh and blood. My own race.

I saw how uncaring my own race was through that uncle, even though I dunno who he is.

I remembered many things:
Instead of offering a hand to me when I was younger, to teach me Mandarin, my Chinese kin just teased me and just told me off mockingly to 'learn more Mandarin'...

Instead of bringing peace and love to my family gatherings...there were endless dramas and quarrels.
To write them down here would take forever...

Instead of suggesting me some good shows to learn Mandarin from, everyone just turned on those quarrelsome Chinese dramas full of rubbish dialogues and arguments...

So how could I learn the language of people I hated? From a mental model I hated?

I learned English and Malay, other languages, from places of care and love. I picked English from church's Sunday School. I had a few Malay teachers in primary school who fought for their students' lives, even when they struggled with Malay vocab.

Nobody whacked me upside down with a cane to learn these other languages, unlike Mandarin.

Yet I learnt them.

What was more...I never received similar bad treatment from other races in Malaysia. I have had Malay friends. Indians. Indonesians (during my time studying in college). None of them treated me with contempt or selfishness so far. I also have non-Chinese mentor figures...and they never treated me with such selfishness, racism or contempt at my language control or others.

Even worse was how much my own Chinese relatives or even peers propagated racism.

They kept warning me how racist every other non-Chinese was...even scorned them for learning up Mandarin and 'stealing' all their 'good stuff'.

Whenever they read about US-China conflicts on the news, they would be the first to strike at Americans for being arrogant and stupid, and crow about China...although they would never move over there to live, for obvious reasons.

For myself, I was always happy to have other races learn the language even though I myself am not good at it. I never saw it as stealing...if they wanted to learn something to improve themselves, go for it.

And I have NEVER had a racist incident with other races in all my life.

I have also NEVER teased anyone for being weak at English. I also don't see folks who struggle with English as inferior.
If I had the chance, I just recommend them Geronimo Stilton books for kids...they are fun books to read and learn it up.

And how could you Americans be 100% arrogant and stupid? I know there's the rubbish that US politicians do. But if it were not for the business experience built by a culture that values enterprise, the books you Westerners write, the numerous online courses you folks come up with...how could I learn about wealth and entrepreneurship?

They say learning a language, be it Mandarin or otherwise, relies heavily on the environment.

And I think that perhaps the Chinese people I am around with are simply too toxic.

Where to find better, more empathetic Chinese to talk to and learn the language from? To live with? In an environment of better care and concern?

I just hope my own race is not inherently racist and prejudistic...because if it is, I'd rather be race-less and have no cultural identity at all. Like some of those expats, if you will...

On learning Mandarin or Cantonese, maybe I just have to pay money for one of those gurus' private communities. I should be able to learn enough just for business' sake or reading...but with my disappointment at my own race, I don't know if I'll ever master the mother tongue good enough to express my deepest feelings. Maybe one day I'll meet a friendly mentor figure who will convince me otherwise...

And currently my priority on spending money...is more on business or money-making courses.
Can start with financial news as an area of interest.

When I was kid I remember my Chinese language skill was built up by reading Chinese comics books.

I know adults who improved Chinese through downloading tantan app. At least it gave men the dopamine to improve Chinese fast chatting with native speakers.

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
So today I went to a website from a Google shopping link. I was on the website less than 10 seconds and did not enter any info. Less than 30 minutes later I got the email and I was subscribed to their email list.

How did they do this and is this even legal? I assume they got my email because I was logged into my gmail on the browser and I clicked a Google ad. I understand a retargeting cookie and serving ads on future websites, but an auto add to an email list?

Did you click any "Sign in with Google" buttons/links on their website? That would give them your email address.

As for the legality of it - in the EU super illegal to do that, not sure about the USA.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I did not click around. Basically I bounced off the site. Click and hit back within 20 seconds.

The answer is likely buried in GMAIL'S 300 page Terms of Service.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Now in my country people are in fright because hundreds of the courses many graduated from have been declared expired. People are wondering what on this earth is going to happen.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
It's like the gym in the beginning: you don't need perfect shoes, you need compound exercise.

Ofc 99% of people focus on the shoes.
And I have been focused on certain kind of shoes.

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
Courage plays a huge role when you have to deliver relative value. Always remember that context matters and execution is always the answer. If you're hesitant to give relative-value to someone, remember that if the needs of the target is unmet, you have to deliver that need without hesitation because you are the only who can give the target needs at the moment and nobody matters to the target except the value you give.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

They'll raise the debt ceiling. It's just a political pry bar hostage negotiation. A default on US debt will mean goodbye to reserve currency status and a dollar crash. Inflation will sky rocket and imports will be more expensive. This could go on well into the year.

"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's"- Mathew 22:21. In other words Caesar can take his fake money and taxes and stick it where the sun don't shine.
This is very true. However, this is assuming the people in power have the right intentions and American leaders care about America.

I am beginning to wonder if that is the case. It is an outside question (I'm not saying I BELIEVE they don't care about America), it's more of a chilling, nagging question, a sort of "what if they don't actually care if we lose reserve status?" Or worse, "what if stronger forces WANT us to lose it?"

But I'm 99% sure it's the same old crony stuff and it will get raised.

ChocolateFactory

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Apr 2, 2023
Do you think keeping a "hate journal" could be a good idea? I'd write down the things that bug me and in theory it should motivate me to make changes/take things into hand more.

That sounds like a terrible idea. You usually "attract" more of what you focus on (simply by paying more attention to such situations).
How about a "assertiveness journal", where you write about situatios where you were able to stand up for yourself in a way that you think was adequate and didn't let people treat you like a doormat?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.