The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
1680356941572.jpg

Love him or hate him, the man does come up with some great points.

#12 is pointing straight at @Antifragile and @Kak

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Oh man @MJ DeMarco I found a treat for you. Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction, even you couldn’t think of something as ridiculous as this in your article about FiRE

“Jo Nemeth, from northern NSW, quit her job in 2014 because she felt every time she spent her money it was harming someone.

Over the years she’s lived with two families with free board and food, in exchange for her looking after their kids, doing chores and gardening.

The mum uses leftover napkins friends supplied her for toilet paper, and these same friends also gave her the end bits of their toothpaste to get by.

At one point she was living in a shack and cooking her meals out of a stove she built by hand using bricks.

She also had to break up with her partner at the time because they were not on board with the idea”

IMO this is mental illness. Sadly, this is what gets millions in free press nowadays.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Not horrible for either. And he wasn’t being mean spirited, he was being friendly.
Florida is extremely weed friendly. Medical legal, no real possession laws (if the cops pull you over with a dime bag they don't care) and about to be recreationally legalized. You are correct sir.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I don't know what it is - but I was just on the phone with a siteground representative and I'm 95% sure I was speaking to an AI that sounded exactly like a human. Super weird
A couple years ago I was speaking with an Amazon corporate employee, and I am 99% sure it was a bot. I called her co-worker that I knew personally and he assured me she wasn't (but he may have had to). Responses were programmed. Not scripted, but programmed. And there was a brief pause before she spoke every time. To this day, I am convinced I was speaking with an early version of AI.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
if you have a good relationship with your parents, you should call / visit them as often as you can

there time could be up a lot sooner than you'd think

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
"It's not all about money you know"

Aaaaah yes. So do tell me what are you doing Monday 9am? Going to work? Doing something you hate? All day? All week? For what? Money?

Oooh. So it's not all about money but you spend most of your waking life doing things you hate to get it?

Cool.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I think it’s a good time for e-commerce right now

All these funded dtc brands that were driving up ad costs losing investor funds have run out of money

Facebooks ad platform is working well

There’s a shortage of good content on TikTok and reels

Shipping prices are back to normal

Production times are back to normal

3PLs are all running normal

People are still buying stuff

What more could you ask for?

A step by step guide? There’s at least 10 on this forum

A product idea? There’s a thread full of them and plenty of guides on how to come up with one

Money? Get a job or read one of the 10 threads on this forum about Craigslist flipping or service business

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Can you explain in kindergarten English where the problem is?

It looks like ChatGPT not verifying age for younger people was a part of the issue.

But overall the EU is very strict on the use of your personal data by any business.
It falls under their Copyright Directive and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules:

- Businesses have to tell you exactly how your data will be used
- Have to get your permission to use it for anything you haven't agreed for
- Have to keep all your data secure, and if it gets leaked they have to tell you
- You also have the right to know what data a company has stored up on you
- And you can ask them to delete it all too

I would imagine nearly all of this goes against ChatGPT is training up their AI.

Another part of this same GDPR rules is copyrighted material. ChatGPT is trained on large amounts of text data, including copyrighted material, so I think it is quite a grey zone on if it would be breaking a lot of these rules.

But... clearly AI is here to stay so I don't know how Italy would make this work longterm.

Serito

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Dec 24, 2013
It looks like ChatGPT not verifying age for younger people was a part of the issue.

From the official statement:

"A data breach affecting ChatGPT users’ conversations and information on payments by subscribers to the service had been reported on 20 March." (prompt histories and last 4 digits of credit cards leaked)

and

"Finally, the Italian SA emphasizes in its order that the lack of whatever age verification mechanism exposes children to receiving responses that are absolutely inappropriate to their age and awareness, even though the service is allegedly addressed to users aged above 13 according to OpenAI’s terms of service."

... and this:

"...It will have to notify the Italian SA within 20 days of the measures implemented to comply with the order, otherwise a fine of up to EUR 20 million or 4% of the total worldwide annual turnover may be imposed."

Intelligenza artificiale: il Garante blocca ChatGPT. Raccolta illecita di dati personali. Assenza di sistemi per la verifica dell’età dei minori (English version starts in the middle of the page).

G

Guest-5ty5s4

But how does it rap?
Pretty well actually:

Verse 1: Listen up y'all, it's the Kyle Keegan Radio Show
Broadcasting virtue, challenging the status quo
Entrepreneurial minds, come and gather round
Let's build something bigger, make our businesses profound

Chorus: KKRS, the truth about entrepreneurship
No easy steps, no formula, just hard work and commitment
Reject the lies, embrace the sacrifice and the grit
Let's be producers, leaders, and capitalists

Verse 2: This ain't the onepreneur show, we're in it for the long haul
No 4-hour workweeks, we gotta give it our all
Building businesses that are bigger than just us
Living life with purpose, not for fame or for lust

Verse 3: Don't believe in the turnkey course, that's just a fake notion
Art of business can't be made into a methodical potion
We're here to create, to innovate, to disrupt
Make our mark in the world, never giving up

Outro: So that's the Kyle Keegan Radio Show, hope you liked our flow
Join us next time, as we continue to grow
Entrepreneurship is hard, but we'll make it through
With KKRS, we'll achieve anything we want to do.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
GPT-3 is great, but it is lacking a sense of humor. Perhaps GPT-4 is more humorous?

8A460E77-2F0A-4D9D-AB70-90608192F851.jpeg
7F7465A2-5709-4BC1-835E-E92F2EBCD2E5.jpeg

A3433282-0FDF-4738-B0E0-46C8B6F12AB0.jpeg
I don’t know if this screenshot is real but it’s great at writing speeches, even added some good jokes to mine

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Copyright Directive and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules
It is my firm conviction that if all EU businesses respected GDPR rules to the letter, then most small companies doing business online would go out of business, leaving the field open for large corporations to dominate.

Far from the interests of the citizen being protected, it is the interests of big business that are protected. There are big corporations in the EU sueing small producers because they are bidding on THEIR keywords in Google Ads. Something as ridiculous as that I haven’t heard before…

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
G

Guest-5ty5s4

A tech mogul was stabbed to death in San Francisco.

Is this enough to turn things around and actually have some common sense? Doubtful, but... so tragic

They will probably ban knives instead.

ericlozada

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Nov 6, 2022
"It's not all about money you know"

Aaaaah yes. So do tell me what are you doing Monday 9am? Going to work? Doing something you hate? All day? All week? For what? Money?

Oooh. So it's not all about money but you spend most of your waking life doing things you hate to get it?

Cool.
Literally

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Is this enough to turn things around and actually have some common sense? Doubtful, but... so tragic

They will probably ban knives instead.
Bar fight in late night drinking?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Just walking alone at night, as far as I know.
That is sad. Probably a drug addict who tried to rob him. Don’t walk alone after 12 too often even if you are a man.

RIP.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I just saw this on LinkedIn and it sounds pretty cool. A whole bunch of potential resources for those of you fed up with the crap being fed on major search engines:

"
#Google is so powerful that it hides other search engines from us. We simply do not know about the existence of most of them.

Meanwhile, there are still a large number of excellent search engines in the world that specialize in books, science, and other smart information.
Here a list of sites you've might never heard of.

www.refseek.com is a search engine for academic resources. More than a billion sources

www.worldcat.org - search the content of 20,000 global libraries.

https://link.springer.com - access to more than 10 million scientific documents: books, articles,

www.bioline.org.br is a library of published bioscientific journals

http://repec.org - Volunteers from 102 countries collected nearly 4 million publications

www.science.gov is a U.S. government search engine for more than 2200 scientific sites.

www.pdfdrive.com is the largest website for free download of PDF books. Claim more than 225 million titles.

www.base-search.net is one of the most powerful search engines for academic research texts. More than 100 million scientific articles, 70% of which are free"

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013

But overall the EU is very strict on the use of your personal data by any business.
It falls under their Copyright Directive and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules:

- Businesses have to tell you exactly how your data will be used
- Have to get your permission to use it for anything you haven't agreed for
- Have to keep all your data secure, and if it gets leaked they have to tell you
- You also have the right to know what data a company has stored up on you
- And you can ask them to delete it all too

I would imagine nearly all of this goes against ChatGPT is training up their AI.

Another part of this same GDPR rules is copyrighted material. ChatGPT is trained on large amounts of text data, including copyrighted material, so I think it is quite a grey zone on if it would be breaking a lot of these rules.

But... clearly AI is here to stay so I don't know how Italy would make this work longterm.
Italy has guaranteed that they wont be a leader in the AI revolution. This is like banning the internet during the 90s.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I just saw this on LinkedIn and it sounds pretty cool. A whole bunch of potential resources for those of you fed up with the crap being fed on major search engines:

"
#Google is so powerful that it hides other search engines from us. We simply do not know about the existence of most of them.

Meanwhile, there are still a large number of excellent search engines in the world that specialize in books, science, and other smart information.
Here a list of sites you've might never heard of.

www.refseek.com is a search engine for academic resources. More than a billion sources

www.worldcat.org - search the content of 20,000 global libraries.

https://link.springer.com - access to more than 10 million scientific documents: books, articles,

www.bioline.org.br is a library of published bioscientific journals

http://repec.org - Volunteers from 102 countries collected nearly 4 million publications

www.science.gov is a U.S. government search engine for more than 2200 scientific sites.

www.pdfdrive.com is the largest website for free download of PDF books. Claim more than 225 million titles.

www.base-search.net is one of the most powerful search engines for academic research texts. More than 100 million scientific articles, 70% of which are free"
Scinapse | Academic search engine for paper is a good one

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
A tech mogul was stabbed to death in San Francisco.

This article mentions he had recently moved his family to Miami FL because he thought SF was getting too bad. It also mentions his friend "Jake Shields" said he was attacked while walking, I wonder if that is the MMA fighter Jake Shields. He also asked some people in a car for help, and they drove off. The neighborhood was an upscale one, that Nancy Pelosi use to live in. The common theme for that neighborhood seems to be abandonment. He had moved away, the car drove away, and even the politicians moved away.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
This article mentions he had recently moved his family to Miami FL because he thought SF was getting too bad. It also mentions his friend "Jake Shields" said he was attacked while walking, I wonder if that is the MMA fighter Jake Shields. He also asked some people in a car for help, and they drove off. The neighborhood was an upscale one, that Nancy Pelosi use to live in. The common theme for that neighborhood seems to be abandonment. He had moved away, the car drove away, and even the politicians moved away.

Driving off from a bleeding man? How much time will it cost for calling an ambulance?

KiwiEC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 5, 2023
France
Is the situation that bad in big US cities? I thought Europe was the main place for this kind of decadence.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.