The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Anyone asking or wondering why big brands use Shopify, or anyone who wants to try and reinvent the wheel and use something else to save money or have more control, read this and wake up to yourself, there's a reason everyone uses them

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
$100 and it yielded 1 new follower. Incredibly dismal. In fact, my new follow rate declined as I deployed this promo.

783 engagements are OK so it generated some forum traffic, but not enough to justify the cost.

Overall, this is like burning money in the fireplace.

View attachment 47123

Seems every worse than Instagram Boost Post lol

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
$100 and it yielded 1 new follower. Incredibly dismal. In fact, my new follow rate declined as I deployed this promo.

783 engagements are OK so it generated some forum traffic, but not enough to justify the cost.

Overall, this is like burning money in the fireplace.

View attachment 47123
That’s most types of pay per impression ads. It’s sort of a scam tbh. 95% of non-ecom businesses that I’ve heard of try Meta ads had a terrible experience

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
540%
Apr 17, 2022

Lyzmin

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Jan 30, 2023
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Was reading on the forum just now and received a ‘screen time’ update from my IPhone. My mediatime (sports news, 9gag, bullshit basically) was halve this week of what is normally is.

Reading informing threads and following insightful people helps me relax and cut out the media.

Thanks @MJ DeMarco & community!

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
540%
Apr 17, 2022
I went ahead and asked ChatGPT if it knows what CENTS means.

It did not know, so I went ahead and explained it in a few paragraphs. It understood everything from the first try.

Then I asked it to grade a few business ideas using the CENTS framework. Here is what it had to say:

Hotdog stand:
A hotdog stand could potentially satisfy the CENTS principles, depending on how it is run and the specific circumstances of the business. Here's how a hotdog stand might score on each of the CENTS principles:

• Control: Depending on the specifics of the business, the hotdog stand owner might have a high degree of control over their operations, such as the menu, pricing, and location.
  • Entry: Starting a hotdog stand might have a relatively low barrier to entry, which could lead to more competition in the market.
  • Need: There might be demand for hotdogs from people who are looking for a quick, convenient snack while they are out and about.
  • Time: Depending on the size of the operation and the number of employees, a hotdog stand might require a significant amount of time investment from the owner to run effectively.
  • Scale: Scaling a hotdog stand might be challenging, as there are only so many hotdogs that one person can sell at a time.
So, overall, a hotdog stand could potentially meet some of the CENTS principles, but there might also be challenges in other areas that could affect its viability and profitability.

Software business:
A software company could potentially meet all of the CENTS principles, depending on the specifics of the business. Here's how a software company might score on each of the principles:

• Control: The company might have a high degree of control over their software, as well as the development process and distribution channels.
  • Entry: Starting a software company might have a relatively high barrier to entry, as there may be significant investment required in terms of technology and expertise.
  • Need: There may be a high demand for software, especially if the company provides innovative solutions to common problems.
  • Time: The company might be able to operate with minimal time investment from the owner, as much of the work can be done by employees and automated systems.
  • Scale: Software companies can often scale their operations relatively easily, as they can reach a large number of customers through digital distribution channels.
So, overall, a software company could meet all of the CENTS principles, and the software industry can be a lucrative and stable market to be in. However, like any business, success will depend on a variety of factors and constant adaptation to changes in the market and technology.

Selling spacecraft technology to aliens:
A hypothetical business that sells spacecraft technology to aliens would be a unique and challenging business proposition, and it might be difficult to determine if it would meet the CENTS principles.

• Control: The control factor would likely depend on the level of advanced technology and expertise required to develop and sell spacecraft technology. The business might face significant competition from other companies, as well as the possibility of encountering new and unknown challenges from the alien market.
  • Entry: The entry barrier for this type of business would likely be extremely high, as it would require significant investment in technology and research, as well as the establishment of communication and trade relations with extraterrestrial species.
  • Need: The need factor would likely be uncertain, as there is no concrete information on the technological capabilities and needs of extraterrestrial species.
  • Time: The time factor would also be uncertain, as it would likely depend on the level of investment and research required to develop the technology and establish trade relationships.
  • Scale: The scalability of the business would also be uncertain, as it would depend on the demand for the technology and the willingness of extraterrestrial species to engage in trade.
Overall, it's not possible to say if this hypothetical business would meet the CENTS principles, as it would require a significant degree of research, innovation, and adaptation to unknown challenges.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Y’all see Elon talking to Murdoch at the Super Bowl?

I wouldn’t be surprised if he sells Twitter to news Corp for twice what he paid

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Y’all see Elon talking to Murdoch at the Super Bowl?

I wouldn’t be surprised if he sells Twitter to news Corp for twice what he paid

What makes you think he wants to sell? I wonder if he’s looking to buy.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

What makes you think he wants to sell? I wonder if he’s looking to buy.
Could be either one. I just have a feeling Twitter was a turnaround for him - it seemed that way back when he bought it.

Who knows though… maybe he wants to buy MySpace from news Corp!

Last edited by a moderator:

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Oct 16, 2022
In Belgium, a guy created an ecological soap company. Here's what happened.

1. He became allergic to normal soap.
2. He looked on youtube how to make soap and started making some in his kitchen.
3. He bought a soap making machine.
4. He met people in the soap industry and one guy who was a professional decided to teach him "the secrets of making soap".
5. He improved his product and started making more soap. Sales took off.

Voila. It took three years.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Why isn't dodgeball a major sport in the United States? I watched Dodgeball last night, and couldn't help but think people would definitely show up to watch games in arenas like this...

Dodgeball 1.jpg

But it's like the game doesn't exist in the U.S. If I wanted to play, I'd have to build something from scratch.

The game is gender-neutral, easy to learn, and could be bootstrapped for someone on a budget (i.e. rent a big tent, spray paint lines on the ground... Sell tickets, merch, basic concessions (to start).

This could be set up in multiple ways that would turn a profit. Either as a league with tournaments or just have open-dodgeball nights throughout the week where anyone can pay $10 to join a game and play.

Once you grow one successful location, brand and expand as a franchise, and start your own dodgeball association too so anyone who opens a dodgeball location (even if it's not part of your brand) has to join your association if they want to compete in your tournaments.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Patryk.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Apr 21, 2022
Poland
@Antifragile I recently found that the remarkable device replaced all my paper notes. No hassle with paper anymore, always the right side of the 'exercise book', everything I need is near me. Seems like a great example of expensive productocracy. Thanks for posting the coupon code some time ago.

The only problem with that tool is that it isn't too much antifragile haha

I am curious if device like that can be useful for writing books as you have the transcribing function in it - the problem is you can't make too fast changes inside the 'book' if you need to.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
@Antifragile I recently found that the remarkable device replaced all my paper notes. No hassle with paper anymore, always the right side of the 'exercise book', everything I need is near me. Seems like a great example of expensive productocracy. Thanks for posting the coupon code some time ago.

The only problem with that tool is that it isn't too much antifragile haha

I am curious if device like that can be useful for writing books as you have the transcribing function in it - the problem is you can't make too fast changes inside the 'book' if you need to.
Glad you like it.

I've been using it for a while now and second to my phone, it's the most used device in my arsenal.

Writing a book...

I have zero experience in that. Would you hand write a book these days? Since the invention of a typewriter, didn't most authors move from writing by hand? You'd have to ask @MJ DeMarco how he wrote his books, I can speculate that it was done on a computer.

That said, handwriting your plan/outline is probably a good idea. Writing by hand narrows your focus to only the most important things.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Who else didn’t watch even a single moment of the Super Bowl?

Professional sports, the thanksgiving day parade, New Year’s Eve ball dropping, are about as exciting to me as Hollywood award shows now. They give circuses a bad name.

I couldn’t even tell you who played or won.

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
So I ate a chocolate for the first time yesterday in about 4 months. It was some super fancy one as well that my wife got from Christmas. I was horribly disappointed and don't know why I even bothered. I will gladly go another year or so until I eat another.

I think the reason I used to eat that crap before is kind of just because I was expected to, it wasn't actually because I enjoyed it. Or I was bored. Hmmm, what should I do? I guess I'll eat some chips or some crap.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

Professional sports, the thanksgiving day parade, New Year’s Eve ball dropping, are about as exciting to me as Hollywood award shows now. They give circuses a bad name.

I couldn’t even tell you who played or won.
Sorry, I don’t even know, what they do at that super bowl. Imo its nothing with drinking bowl, right?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

There is a Super Bowl on now?
Cool. I didn't know.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.