The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
why there isnt an energy drink based on *magnesium?* The amount of value to make it convenient and tasty to supplement would be big since its benefits are life changing in many cases. What am I missing or is this like a trillion dolar opportunity?

Almost everyone is magnesium deficient so would be useful. I think the margins would be pretty shit though and high doses act as a laxative... not the best incentive to keep chugging.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Once more and more baby boomers and Gen X join TikTok, it'll slowly become as uncool as FB, and the young crowd will slowly drop off. And as TT is saturated with more and more content, engagement will fall over time. Then it'll become like Instagram and ByteDance will be forced to go more aggressive on making people pay to play. And it'll be the same shit all over again, and a new social media platform will eventually take its place and become king. The cycle repeats ad infinitum.

UK_Mike

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 10, 2020
North West UK
Could someone recommend good fiction books to read?
That's a very wide-ranging question, what kind of genre do you prefer? I read a lot, but you might not like my stuff. Typical authors I enjoy include Michael Connelly, Lee Child, Clive Cussler, Tom Clancy, Peter Robinson, Stuart McBride, James Patterson (ETA Mark Billingham, David Baldacci, Jeffrey Deaver) and a lot of other "big names", but then I also quite like picking up something from an author I haven't heard of as I never know quite when I'll hit on something really enjoyable.

An old work contact of mine also writes novels as JS Raynor, and I've enjoyed some of his too. He's struggling to get a proper publisher involved - I think he told me the other day that he's got a few hundred copies of his first novel in and around his house because he had to buy them up front.

Last edited:

Nicolayyyy

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jan 16, 2023
France
Hey, my first post in this forum.

Reading the Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted has changed the way I see life..
I'm reading some topics in the forum and I'm just at the very begining of my entrepreneurial life.. I'm a 21 years old student. I have a huge will of working and learning to help people and be useful. All that world is new for me and it's a bit scary honestly, and I have soo much things to learn, It's a long trip waiting for me but I know that I have the capacities to make this trip a reality.

Just posting a random thought ^^

Have a good day,
Nicolas.

eramart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 31, 2015
Moscow, Russia

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Skroob

Entrepreneur // Mobile Application Developer
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Feb 18, 2022
Jacksonville, FL
IMO this is a classic example of someone who climbed onto the wrong system to leverage their talents.

Put Usain Bolt on a tricycle and he ain't going to go fast.
From a developer's standpoint, this is a stark reminder of the absolute clusterfuck that is the javascript development stack. This kind of thing happens, maybe not all the time, but way more than you'd think.

Remember folks, Commandment of Control works on many levels. If you're building your app on structural pieces made by someone else, what happens to you when those dependencies either vanish or stop working? Better have a plan for it.

constant

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Nov 8, 2022
From a developer's standpoint, this is a stark reminder of the absolute clusterfuck that is the javascript development stack. This kind of thing happens, maybe not all the time, but way more than you'd think.

Remember folks, Commandment of Control works on many levels. If you're building your app on structural pieces made by someone else, what happens to you when those dependencies either vanish or stop working? Better have a plan for it.
Every 30 seconds, a new javascript framework is released.

Ok, I made it up but that's how it feels sometimes.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
IMO this is a classic example of someone who climbed onto the wrong system to leverage their talents.

"Sure I'm giving it away for free but I'll make it up in volume" - that developer guy.

Here

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 6, 2019
He really thought he was saving the world by not charging at all and depending on donations. Instead he became a meme. And hopefully now understands why capitalism exists.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Almost everyone is magnesium deficient so would be useful. I think the margins would be pretty shit though and high doses act as a laxative... not the best incentive to keep chugging.
This is why I had to stop supplementing magnesium... the gas is unpleasant...

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Quite a story. It shows that skill, passion and good intentions are not enough sometimes, even if you impact millions.

wHo neEDs ThiS guY whEn wE HAve cHatGPT?!?!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
This is why I had to stop supplementing magnesium... the gas is unpleasant...
How much were you taking?

I have been taking a fair bit of magnesium supplements for like 5 years now with no issues. I vary between like 400-600mg a day I figure. Generally I am taking Citrate or Oxide as those are the cheapest and easiest to get. However, I enjoyed taking Threaonate when I did, and I will go back to taking that regularly once I can.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

How much were you taking?

I have been taking a fair bit of magnesium supplements for like 5 years now with no issues. I vary between like 400-600mg a day I figure. Generally I am taking Citrate or Oxide as those are the cheapest and easiest to get. However, I enjoyed taking Threaonate when I did, and I will go back to taking that regularly once I can.
Idk, just whatever the capsules are at the grocery store. We are probably getting a little personal for the forum LOL. It affects everyone differently, I think. But magnesium is very good for you and important. All those vitamins and minerals are..

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
514%
Jul 9, 2018
@SamRussell @JAJT @Robdavis @UK_Mike

Thank you all for the book recommendations. I did some quick google searches on each and liked the snapshots. Added them to my 'fiction pile' now.

That's a very wide-ranging question, what kind of genre do you prefer?

I guess I don't have a preference in fiction yet because the number of fiction works I read can be counted on one hand (The Alchemist, The Fountainhead, Snow and parts of Atlas Shrugged). That's one reason I sought some recommendations. But I know what I DON'T want to read - horror and gore.

I read a lot, but you might not like my stuff. Typical authors I enjoy include Michael Connelly, Lee Child, Clive Cussler, Tom Clancy, Peter Robinson, Stuart McBride, James Patterson (ETA Mark Billingham, David Baldacci, Jeffrey Deaver) and a lot of other "big names", but then I also quite like picking up something from an author I haven't heard of as I never know quite when I'll hit on something really enjoyable.

I'm familiar with the name Tom Clancy ('Splinter Cell' games) but didn't knew he was an writer.

An old work contact of mine also writes novels as JS Raynor, and I've enjoyed some of his too.

JS Raynor's 'The Gaudi Facade' looks intriguing.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
You probably were using oxide or citrate. Use glycinate, l-threonate, or biglycinate. Magnesium is probably in the top 3 things that everyone should be supplementing.
Magnesium Chloride has worked well for me and no gut problems after the first few days, years ago. Opinions on magnesium chloride ?

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Magnesium Chloride has worked well for me and no gut problems after the first few days, years ago. Opinions on magnesium chloride ?
Never heard of this specific type, but you should be very careful with the kind of magnesium you're taking.

As far as I know, taking magnesium oxide will actually deplete the mineral from your body and cause deficiency. You need to take the right type of magnesium and spread the dosage evenly throughout the day - instead of taking it all in one dose.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Not sure why this stuff infuriates me. Likely because I know the average writer is struggling and not financially free.

Meanwhile on the front page of Goodreads you don't have to work hard to find 9-figure authors who continually receive billions in free publicity.

The rest of us?

Pay us $99 so you can giveaway your book for FREE.

Yes, you read that right.

In order to giveaway your book for FREE and LOSE money hand over fist, pay us $99 for the privilege.

F*ck these guys.

1676563791365.png

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Not sure why this stuff infuriates me. Likely because I know the average writer is struggling and not financially free.

Meanwhile on the front page of Goodreads you don't have to work hard to find 9-figure authors who continually receive billions in free publicity.

The rest of us?

Pay us $99 so you can giveaway your book for FREE.

Yes, you read that right.

In order to giveaway your book for FREE and LOSE money hand over fist, pay us $99 for the privilege.

F*ck these guys.

View attachment 47196
I mean to be fair it is a decent way to gain some publicity.
Tho it does give off a poor vibe if a book just lays there for free.
Surely a great deal for fake gurus that use their books as part of a sales funnel.

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
(Question)
This might sound odd, but when you meet up with a friend and he's obviously in a bad, depressed "I don't care really" mood, what's the most appropriate and mature thing to do?
Keep in mind that he's basically a very good friend.

You guys could help me get a more clearer picture, if you reply, which I'd be really thankful for.

Edit: I think I formed my mind right now (also thanks @xShepherdx !). No need to answer anymore! Thanks.

Last edited:

xShepherdx

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 11, 2022
Idaho
(Question)
This might sound odd, but when you meet up with a friend and he's obviously in a bad, depressed "I don't care really" mood, what's the most appropriate and mature thing to do?
Keep in mind that he's basically a very good friend.

You guys could help me get a more clearer picture, if you reply, which I'd be really thankful for.
"Hey man, what's up? You seem a bit down today."

"It seems like you've got something on your mind. Is everything alright?"

Basically, I'd remind him you're there for him and ask open-ended questions that allow him to talk about his feelings without putting him on the spot.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Epsom Salts (Magnesium Sulfate) are a very low cost but highly effective means of providing fuel needed by much of the human body. Magnesium tablets are a waste of money because ot the low absorbtion rates. To avoid any laxative effect, soak as much of your skin as possible in a solution of epsom salts.

Absorption through the skin which is the body's largest organ is by far the most effective method of having a sufficient intake of magnesium.
Magnesium Sulfate is more widely used in therapeutics than Magnesium Chloride, but the jury is still out on the question of toxicity. I often soak in Magnesium Sulfate and have noticed no unpleasant side effects.

Walter

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Epsom Salts (Magnesium Sulfate) are a very low cost but highly effective means of providing fuel needed by much of the human body. Magnesium tablets are a waste of money because ot the low absorbtion rates. To avoid any laxative effect, soak as much of your skin as possible in a solution of epsom salts.

Absorption through the skin which is the body's largest organ is by far the most effective method of having a sufficient intake of magnesium.

Magnesium Sulfate is more widely used in therapeutics than Magnesium Chloride, but the jury is still out on the question of toxicity. I often soak in Magnesium Sulfate and have noticed no unpleasant side effects.

Walter
wow, I had no idea it was magnesium! I remember taking baths in those as a kid all the time, and from time to time I do the same for my kids. It helps out with their skin.

As far as tabs being a waste, I literally went from having leg craps every night while sleeping, and through the day, to not having a single cramp in many years through like 15 cents of magnesium pills a day. I would call that pretty effective.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 3, 2013
I hope this is true.

USAF:1 Hobby Lobby: 0

But the circumstantial evidence is at least intriguing. The club’s silver-coated, party-style, “pico balloon” reported its last position on Feb. 10 at 38,910 ft. off the west coast of Alaska, and a popular forecasting tool—the HYSPLIT model provided by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)—projected the cylindrically shaped object would be floating high over the central part of the Yukon Territory on Feb. 11. That is the same day a Lockheed Martin F-22 shot down an unidentified object of a similar description and altitude in the same general area.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.