The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
So I just got back from a short drive. I was behind a guy on an electric scooter doing 50 km/hr down a community road, covered in ice and snow, with 0 safety gear or a helmet on. Wow. It was not even a big beefy off road scooter, it was a pavement queen. Talk about someone looking for a traumatic brain injury.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Crazy how the US Govt had a train wreck with chemichal waste and the solution was like "Hey, let's BOMB this problem out of existance" next thing you know, there is a black cloud of doomsday and the hazardous chemical is on lakes, rivers and crop fields and the air but I still think taxtation isn't theft cause otherwise who will build the roads ?

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Crazy how the US Govt had a train wreck with chemichal waste and the solution was like "Hey, let's BOMB this problem out of existance" next thing you know, there is a black cloud of doomsday and the hazardous chemical is on lakes, rivers and crop fields and the air but I still think taxtation isn't theft cause otherwise who will build the roads ?
Look over there we’re shooting down aliens

They flew all the way here with crazy technology and we just been shooting them down and they’re just letting us

We’ve been hiding aliens forever but all of a sudden every news outlet is talking about them

What train crash

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
If I lived here (East Palestine OH) and had kids, I would probably take them somewhere else and never come back. Burning toxic materials in the middle of town seems like a way to ruin the town forever.

1676340157942.png

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
So I guess this might be faked and edited. The lesson being truth, from deep fakes to edited videos to imperceptible holograms, is no longer indiscernible from fiction. God help us.
The editor of that video did an amazing job. They did an almost identical video for Queen's "I Want To Break Free". That's when I said, "Hey, wait a minute!"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYvcdhCbzJw

rjdgreat

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jul 28, 2022
Morbid prediction: Shaq of NBA basketball fame will be dead in 5 years. The guy does not look healthy and I recently heard he'll drink 10 Cokes in one sitting, backed up by 3 steaks, and a chocolate cake.

Food kills. And it's killing Shaq.
You still have 9 months, Mj.

Let's see what will happen lol

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
From time to time I make a simple homepage to see, wheather someone is interested or not. As kind of market research.
Mainly I do that to not forget how wordpress works ( I m really bad in it.

These days my tax office wrote me a letter. As I my business had no profit last 3 years, I have to declare, why.
They want a business plan.

I will de-register my business, as I don’t see profits coming. And I cant give them a business plan. What businessplan? „ I ll help people and look, wheather it makes profit „ is no official business plan here.

My business is registered as „Commerce with everything“, so that I can try things legally.

Now, when I de-register the trade business, I m not allowed to make such a homepage any more. With the danger, that other traders can fucx me.

So that’s another Germany thing, I think. They don’t want to let you try. Tried and failed? You’re a looser, who can nothing and we don’t let you try.

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2021
Dude it's not just east palestine.
ALL of southern ohio and eastern pennsylvania had that toxic cloud sweep over and deposit dioxins and phosgene.
ALL of the local ground water is showing signs of contamination.

Best part? East Palestine was sitting damn near the ohio river, that means everything downstream- so most of the ohio river basin and most of the mississippi- are now contaminated. What did the mississippi supply with water? Oh yeah... most of the farmland in the u.s. I guess it's not a total loss since most of it is GMO corn and soy used for ethanol production or shipping food to china (why are we doing that?) but there's still millions of people that get their water sourced from the mississippi and god knows what it will do to the river life and to the fish/shellfish population in the gulf of mexico.

Complete and unmitigated disaster that may be the single most effective chemical weapons "attack" in history that will affect citizens for decades or centuries much worse than cheronobyl did in the USSR. Heads need to roll.

Did I mention the MSM are collaborating to put a lid on this story and they're arresting journalists that try to report on this?

Edit: Some would call this twitter thread conspiracy minded but I believe he makes some good points and he covers some of the pants-on-head retarded decisions going on during this event View: https://twitter.com/AeonAnimus/status/1625351099782770690

Last edited:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Could someone recommend good fiction books to read?

A Fire Upon The Deep - a sci fi masterpiece IMHO.

One of the best pieces of fiction I've read in years.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Iced strawberry milk + chocolate protein powder =
face-savoring-food_1f60b.png

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
For the wholesalers on the forum, LOL

Fo8QXuiXwAs_ihZ
I’d like a world without realtors within the next 5 years. But the “industry” of professional door unlocking peacocks has deep corporatist claws in the government.

Y’all thought taxi companies were evil to Uber and Lyft. Just wait.

What a joke… The concept of cutting some random dip shit in for 6% every time you buy or sell a property is absurd.

And before someone tells me “iTs tHe SeLLer tHaT paysSss” it’s not. It’s 6% additional friction between a deal being appealing to both parties or not.

If you try to sell your property yourself, they won’t show it. It’s a government cartel that basically owns 6% of your property.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

I’d like a world without realtors within the next 5 years. But the “industry” of professional door unlocking peacocks has deep corporatist claws in the government.

What a joke… The concept of cutting some random dip shit in for 6% every time you buy or sell a property is absurd.

And before someone tells me “iTs tHe SeLLer tHaT paysSss” it’s not. It’s 6% additional friction between a deal being appealing to both parties or not.

If you try to sell your property yourself, they won’t show it. It’s a cartel.
I agree. It's just another cartel designed to keep away competition, inflate prices, and protect special interests, just like almost every single thing that gets lobbied in DC and has professional licensing under the guise of "protecting the consooooomer"

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom

If you try to sell your property yourself, they won’t show it. It’s a cartel.
People in the U.k. are fed up with having to pay 1.5 - 2 % commission on house sales. Fortunately, we have companies like Purple Bricks that are starting to change things a bit. I'm not saying that they are any good, but they are a lot cheaper. For a typical house they are charging about 0.5%. So this could put downward pressure on other "realtors" prices.
Does this 6% include taxes? We have to pay tax on property purchases in the UK. But only sellers pay "realtor" fees.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I agree. It's just another cartel designed to keep away competition, inflate prices, and protect special interests, just like almost every single thing that gets lobbied in DC and has professional licensing under the guise of "protecting the consooooomer"

And for an investor like you, fixing and flipping…

If you buy off MLS it’s 6% going in and 6% going out. That’s ridiculous. Your deals have to have that much more ARV to make sense.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

And for an investor like you, fixing and flipping…

If you buy off MLS it’s 6% going in and 6% going out. That’s ridiculous. Your deals have to have that much more ARV to make sense.
Just encourages everyone to keep more properties and turn them into rentals... "Never sell" is the motto...

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

If you try to sell your property yourself, they won’t show it. It’s a government cartel that basically owns 6% of your home.
Just be grateful you don’t live in Australia

We have this on used cars as well. As well as a luxury car tax on any car over $80,000, which is basically every car nowadays

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
The DRPK knocked it out of the park with its rendition of Rage Against the Machine...

Kinda cool, kinda scary as f*ck...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAcYS-_8L2s
Wow. That's deep into the territory of existential horror. Imagine the choice between singing "gotta do what they told ya" in self-mockery, vs mysteriously disappearing, never to be heard of again. A master-stroke of demoralization, by way of obligatory performance art.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I wonder how the home prices in East Palestine OH are going to be affected over the next 12 months.

1676430792844.png

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
why there isnt an energy drink based on *magnesium?* The amount of value to make it convenient and tasty to supplement would be big since its benefits are life changing in many cases. What am I missing or is this like a trillion dolar opportunity?

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
why there isnt an energy drink based on *magnesium?*

I think it's because peoples' bodies are not standardized. People are deficient in different things. Plus I can take magnesium in a supplement form.

Not to mention the beverage industry is very competitive.

Right now my favorite energy drink is Yerba Mate. They are zero calorie, zero sugar and vegan. And even then I notice that it harms my gut.

It's a tricky market and its hard to make a product that tastes good without artificial flavors.

It's a brutal business that burns cash like crazy. But at the same time if you get it right you can get very rich.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.