The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Progress] Replacing My Income With Adwords Freelancing.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Ok, some interesting findings while doing some industry research. I may have found a niche!

What is that niche?....................................salons and spas (queue crickets chirping)

Here's the data from google keyword planner:
View attachment 21773

Crazy how little competition there is compared to the plumbers, electricians, and HVAC repair industries. I guess nobody has thought of it yet.
View attachment 21775

^^^I mean look at this crap. 390 searches a month on this KW alone and the top 2 ads aren't even relevant!

I'm tempted to call these people and tell them their ads are showing wrong, and perhaps they would like someone new to manage them...

I really hope @Andy Black and @eliquid can chime in and give their thoughts. Do you think this is a viable niche for a simple, mobile, call-only ad?
It’s not what we think, it’s down to what the market thinks. I’d say test it.

Check out thread “How to fail fast or get profitable with AdWords”. Also check out the call with @Contrarian. Just start. It’s actually easier to start and get data then to try and figure out whether to start or not.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
It’s not what we think, it’s down to what the market thinks. I’d say test it.

Check out thread “How to fail fast or get profitable with AdWords”. Also check out the call with @Contrarian. Just start. It’s actually easier to start and get data then to try and figure out whether to start or not.

Ok. You’re right Andy. Thanks.

I’m gonna whip up a simple one page report and go make some visits.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
After doing some more keyword research, I discovered that local locksmiths on Google are a super LOW competition market, with the same search volume as the salons.

So I decided to make an analysis on them first as they might be an easier sell due to the urgency of people who need a locksmith.

Locked your keys in your car? You need a locksmith now, not later. You don't have time to price shop.

Anyway, I would like to hear your thoughts on the report I'll be passing out this week!
upload_2018-10-1_17-1-15.png
upload_2018-10-1_17-2-41.png
upload_2018-10-1_17-4-43.png
upload_2018-10-1_17-9-8.png
upload_2018-10-1_17-12-2.png

Thinking about starting off super cheap ($100) for the first month just to test if Google Ads are even a fit for the industry, then I can bump it up afterward.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
After doing some more keyword research, I discovered that local locksmiths on Google are a super LOW competition market, with the same search volume as the salons.

So I decided to make an analysis on them first as they might be an easier sell due to the urgency of people who need a locksmith.

Locked your keys in your car? You need a locksmith now, not later. You don't have time to price shop.

Anyway, I would like to hear your thoughts on the report I'll be passing out this week!
View attachment 21959
View attachment 21960
View attachment 21961
View attachment 21962
View attachment 21963

Thinking about starting off super cheap ($100) for the first month just to test if Google Ads are even a fit for the industry, then I can bump it up afterward.
Very nice. It shows the soft pickings out there doesn't it?

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Very nice. It shows the soft pickings out there doesn't it?

Absolutely. Wasn’t too hard to make either. Let’s just hope they find it/me valuable.

If I can get one client from say, 5 different industries at $250/month, that’ll get me to my goal!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Absolutely. Wasn’t too hard to make either. Let’s just hope they find it/me valuable.

If I can get one client from say, 5 different industries at $250/month, that’ll get me to my goal!
Or 5 clients in the same industry?

My “problem” is I keep getting clients in new industries and having to figuring out how (and if) I can help them. I’d probably do better to target specific industries.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Or 5 clients in the same industry?

My “problem” is I keep getting clients in new industries and having to figuring out how (and if) I can help them. I’d probably do better to target specific industries.
That’s something to think about.

My only concern is having a conflict of interest unless I go into other cities.

momomaurice

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
Great thread and great advice here as usual. I've started my own Google Ads business too. I have experience from doing Andys course and implementing it on my old cleaning business. But I'm not sure about the new setup of Google Ads or creating landing pages.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
@PizzaOnTheRoof Are you still pursuing this business. How is it going so far?
Yeah I actually started a new progress thread. The new one is much more focused, planned out, and organized than this one.

New year, new start...

You can find it below in my signature. Or here: EXECUTION - 2019: Becoming Unemployable

Thanks for the interest!

d7laungani

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Apr 10, 2018
Texas

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.