The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Pre or Post Summit Activities

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Thanks, @AllenCrawley! That sounds awesome. Can you recommend a specific trail that would be under ~1500' elevation change and ~8 miles +/-? Out-and-back v. loop doesn't matter.
Download the AllTrails app. Here's a direct link to the Superstitions section: Best Trails in Superstition Wilderness - Arizona | 2763 Photos & 2294 Reviews | AllTrails

Here are a few that come to mind:
Siphon Draw trail. Hike it up to the Basin (the smooth rock area) then turn around. Not sure of the elevation to that point but should be under 1500'.

Near Siphon Draw is Prospectors trail and Jacob's Cross Cut trail. Just a few miles long with only a few hundred foot gain. Incredible views.

Massacre Grounds trail. 5.3 miles out and back. 1089' gain. Possible waterfall at end of trail depending on recent rain.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7p96cK4SiM

Hieroglyphic trail. 3 miles out and back. 570' gain. Get to see petroglyphs at the end of the trail.

Wave Cave trail. 3 miles out and bank. 866' gain. Cool cave at end of the trail.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR7abckR0RI

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StompingAcorns

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Dec 11, 2015
Southeastern U.S.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Would anyone be interest in watching Black Panther on February 15th? Would be a late show.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Who wants to go to the Jason Derulo Concert Saturday night (Feb 17th)? If there is interest I will try to get us a group deal. Rack rate is $115-ish/each

@StompingAcorns

am down for this

my flight arrives feb 15 at 7:00pm is there a shuttle service to the resort?

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

C-Jay

Audeamus
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Aug 7, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
2 and 3 Hour Guided Desert Tours | Arizona Outdoor Fun

I found this which seems quite highly reviewed, but it's 2-person minimum for a booking.

Anyone interested? I can drive from Scottsdale

I'm intrigued.

Where can I find the summit schedule? I need to see when my plane flights are, and work out how much free time I have before things kick off.

jimmeboy

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Nov 24, 2009
I found this which seems quite highly reviewed, but it's 2-person minimum for a booking.

Anyone interested? I can drive from Scottsdale

Looks great! I'm in.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I plan to hike the Peralta Trail on February 14th or 15th. Anyone interested in hiking it together? Do you prefer Wednesday or Thursday?

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I'll be in the Phoenix area for sure between February 13 and February 18 and then will probably go explore Arizona, Nevada and California until March 5. When will you be there?
I have a campsite at San Elijo on the bluff over the beach. Will be there from March 8-12. It is a big spot with plenty of room for a car and/or a tent. It is in San Diego, California. I go over 3 or 4 times a year to unwind. There is electricity and water on the site.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I am up for a few hikes. I will be there the afternoon of the 13th and leaving the 20th (I think, only booked one way so far). I did a day hike with a bunch of guys/girls last time and it was a blast.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I have a campsite at San Elijo on the bluff over the beach. Will be there from March 8-12. It is a big spot with plenty of room for a car and/or a tent. It is in San Diego, California. I go over 3 or 4 times a year to unwind. There is electricity and water on the site.

Unfortunately I'm leaving on the 6th of March. Otherwise would definitely love to hang out.

StompingAcorns

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Dec 11, 2015
Southeastern U.S.
I plan to hike the Peralta Trail on February 14th or 15th. Anyone interested in hiking it together? Do you prefer Wednesday or Thursday?
The length + elevation gain is a little much for me - I could do it, but I'd be slow..... and sore.... and cranky the next day. ;-) But bring us pics when you get back!

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
If anyone needs help fighting jet lag by the poolside, in the spa or in a bar on the 15th, I will be happy to lend a hand. Arriving 14th in the evening after 24+ hours of travel.

By the way, I got my room at the discount using the even code; I presume those rooms are collocated? Just double-checking to make sure I don't go "Hi, how's it going? Are you here for the Fastlane meetup?" to everyone I see in the hallway in vain.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
The length + elevation gain is a little much for me - I could do it, but I'd be slow..... and sore.... and cranky the next day. ;-) But bring us pics when you get back!

I'm a bad photographer so even if I take some pictures they probably won't be very pretty. I like to keep a relatively fast pace and find it hard and actually more tiring to hike slowly so you're right it probably won't work.

If anyone needs help fighting jet lag by the poolside, in the spa or in a bar on the 15th, I will be happy to lend a hand. Arriving 14th in the evening after 24+ hours of travel.

I'll be checking in on the 15th. Chilling out by the poolside sounds good.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
I come in late day on the 15th and stay until Monday morning.

Can't want to hang out some

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
Looks like I'll be getting in at sometime Thursday afternoon - after a solo 13 hour drive. Definitely going to need a beer or 2 after that.

splok

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Jul 20, 2012
For anyone interested in checking out VR, I'll bring along my setup so anyone who's curious can give it a try after the conference on Friday.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Download the AllTrails app. Here's a direct link to the Superstitions section: Best Trails in Superstition Wilderness - Arizona | 2763 Photos & 2294 Reviews | AllTrails

Here are a few that come to mind:
Siphon Draw trail. Hike it up to the Basin (the smooth rock area) then turn around. Not sure of the elevation to that point but should be under 1500'.

Near Siphon Draw is Prospectors trail and Jacob's Cross Cut trail. Just a few miles long with only a few hundred foot gain. Incredible views.

Massacre Grounds trail. 5.3 miles out and back. 1089' gain. Possible waterfall at end of trail depending on recent rain.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7p96cK4SiM

Hieroglyphic trail. 3 miles out and back. 570' gain. Get to see petroglyphs at the end of the trail.

Wave Cave trail. 3 miles out and bank. 866' gain. Cool cave at end of the trail.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR7abckR0RI

@AllenCrawley

Thank you for the information!

My wife and I plan on renting a car on the 15th and driving out to Superstition in the afternoon.

Is there a moderate skill, four hour trail that you would recommend? Massacre looks like it would be a good option for us.

Borregoed

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Aug 25, 2017
Los Angeles

By the way, I got my room at the discount using the even code; I presume those rooms are collocated? Just double-checking to make sure I don't go "Hi, how's it going? Are you here for the Fastlane meetup?" to everyone I see in the hallway in vain.

I arrive the night before. I'll be down for this. Haha yeah, I'm sure we can spot each other somehow.

I was looking into this one actually. Sounds great if you're still up for it. Looks like we can get some great views.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I was looking into this one actually. Sounds great if you're still up for it. Looks like we can get some great views.

I'm sorry, but in the end I won't be attending so won't be there.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
You're not attending the summit? :(

Nope, sorry. My flight has been canceled last minute and it made me realize that I didn't really feel like going so instead of rescheduling I decided to get a refund and cancel my trip.

For the sake of my well-being and self-respect I promised myself that I wouldn't force myself to do something just because I already made plans or feel obligated to do something. When I bought the ticket I thought it was the right decision but I've changed my mind (or the flight cancellation made me realize it).

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Nope, sorry. My flight has been canceled last minute and it made me realize that I didn't really feel like going so instead of rescheduling I decided to get a refund and cancel my trip.

For the sake of my well-being and self-respect I promised myself that I wouldn't force myself to do something just because I already made plans or feel obligated to do something. When I bought the ticket I thought it was the right decision but I've changed my mind (or the flight cancellation made me realize it).
I agree that you should do what you want. I was looking forward to shaking your hand though. Your life and your choices are about YOU!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.