The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

New website

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Just started a new website (more details below) and would love your help critiquing it. Local Made belts, made to last!

50% off for forum members, use the above link... I'm willing to lose money on a few sales just to get your feedback on the experience.

How it started?
We have a home-based business that makes and sells harness, we have been selling belts in a local store (and doing decently) but would like to push it one step further.
I spent maybe 4 hours on a website (1 hour last Saturday and 3 hours today) to get a website up and running on Shopify.

Photos were already shot before for our main business, so didn't need to change anything there.
Descriptions were already created, I just tweaked a bit..
We did try Amazon, spent at least $1000 on ads and having two "geniuses" help us with the setup... both were a total and utter waste of money.

Local Made belts, made to last! 50% off for forum members, use code FASTLANE50 at checkout.

I would love your feedback on anything (layout/photos/shopping cart/etc..)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Just started a new website (more details below) and would love your help critiquing it. Local Made belts, made to last!

50% off for forum members, use the above link... I'm willing to lose money on a few sales just to get your feedback on the experience.

How it started?
We have a home-based business that makes and sells harness, we have been selling belts in a local store (and doing decently) but would like to push it one step further.
I spent maybe 4 hours on a website (1 hour last Saturday and 3 hours today) to get a website up and running on Shopify.

Photos were already shot before for our main business, so didn't need to change anything there.
We did try Amazon, spent at least $1000 on ads and having two "geniuses" help us with the setup... both were a total and utter waste of money.

Local Made belts, made to last! 50% off for forum members, use code FASTLANE50 at checkout.

Are you guys also selling them via Amazon, or that's not you? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077NBPZLR/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

For the website: I would show the premium model up top in the picture. You want to start with the best/most expensive, since that is the biggest value you can offer.

For the testimonials, I would put the actual customer names from Amazon. It makes it more personal that way, and seems real.

Under the "many choices" headline, I'd provide more help for users to choose the right belt for them. Maybe even have your whole landing page or front page be about getting users to take a quiz to find the right belt for their needs. Something interactive like that would be very cool and provide a lot of value imo.

Those are some quick pointers, hope it helps a bit :)

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Amazon, Yup, that's us :)
Awesome suggestions, I'll come back to this later and work on it, got some things I need to do outside...

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Updated... I like the idea of a "survey" ... but don't know how to do that yet... will look at it later on to see if it's possible with shopify

journeyman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Apr 18, 2017
United States

How it started?

Great start, I was pleasantly surprised as I expected these belts to be a lot more expensive!
I'll leave product comments to people with more experience, just one thing:

Soon, you will want to use your own domain, i.e. "evermore-belt.com", so that customers don't see the "myshopify.com". It's super easy to do

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Headline gets me intrigued - its good painpoint and USP.

The snippet below needs to be worked on.
Its three lines long sentece, font and colors a bit hard to read ('casue background is partially bright).
The first thing i would do is splitting that sentence in to shorter ones
or shorten it all together.

And i'm not sure about emoticon.

But overall seems like solid thing.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Great start, I was pleasantly surprised as I expected these belts to be a lot more expensive!
I'll leave product comments to people with more experience, just one thing:

Soon, you will want to use your own domain, i.e. "evermore-belt.com", so that customers don't see the "myshopify.com". It's super easy to do
that's the plan :)
might even go with another website name due to google rankings for a keyword that I think will be more legit than evermore :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.