The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you think of my new website idea? One Ad at a Time with User Rewards!

Idea threads

new.kid97

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 15, 2024
Hey fellow FastLaners!

I've been working on a new website concept and wanted to get your thoughts on it. The idea is simple yet intriguing—I'm thinking of creating a platform where only one advertisement is displayed at a time. Advertisers can then book specific time slots for their ads to be featured.

Here's the twist:

Single Ad Display: The website will have a clean and uncluttered layout, showcasing just one ad to the user at any given time.

Time Slot Booking: Advertisers can reserve time slots for their ads to be prominently displayed. This ensures that their message gets undivided attention from users during that period.

But that's not all!

3. User Rewards: To make the experience even more engaging, I'm considering implementing a reward system for users. When users view ads, they earn credits that they can later redeem for Amazon gift cards or other rewards. It's a win-win—users get something in return for their time, and advertisers benefit from a more captivated audience.

I believe this approach could provide a more focused and mutually beneficial experience for both users and advertisers. Users won't be bombarded with multiple ads vying for attention, and advertisers get a dedicated time slot for their content, with the added bonus of user engagement through the reward system.

Before I dive too deep into development, I'd love to hear what you think. Do you find this idea appealing? What are your initial thoughts or concerns? Would you as a user or advertiser be interested in such a platform with a user reward system?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions! Let's brainstorm together.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Nov 21, 2016
I would not be interested in using or advertising on such a site. I don't think there's enough value for someone to go to your site but average people value their free time like shit so who the hell knows. I would say one larger item randomly given to one person would be better than earning credits. Even someone who is borderline mathematically illiterate will be able to deduce how terrible the dollar/hour of time to credits to gift cards is. You'd have to also implement a way to ensure only active visitors get credit otherwise people will open up your site in a tab and just ignore it which would drive advertisers away.

new.kid97

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 15, 2024
I would not be interested in using or advertising on such a site. I don't think there's enough value for someone to go to your site but average people value their free time like shit so who the hell knows. I would say one larger item randomly given to one person would be better than earning credits. Even someone who is borderline mathematically illiterate will be able to deduce how terrible the dollar/hour of time to credits to gift cards is. You'd have to also implement a way to ensure only active visitors get credit otherwise people will open up your site in a tab and just ignore it.
Thank you very much Jon!

glitched

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jan 3, 2024
I'm not sure I follow. You generate traffic by users going to a website view the ad? Or is this in lieu of adsense?

new.kid97

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 15, 2024
I'm not sure I follow. You generate traffic by users going to a website view the ad? Or is this in lieu of adsense?
Yes it's more of "in lieu of adsense" the whole website should be an ad. Just one that can be seen by all users. Or Maybe It could be personalized. Maybe even multiple categories. One global, local and one personalized.

glitched

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jan 3, 2024
Yes it's more of "in lieu of adsense" the whole website should be an ad. Just one that can be seen by all users. Or Maybe It could be personalized. Maybe even multiple categories. One global, local and one personalized.
If the whole website is an ad, then it wouldn't be in lieu of adsense, which is embedded in websites. I don't see how your idea would work. Content/services generate traffic, traffic supports ads. The only time people would go to see ads on their own is if the ad itself is a form of content (e.g., movie trailers, superbowl commercials). But those are exceptions.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Feb 11, 2019
Ad can't be the centerpiece. What do people see when they visit your site? It's not a blank page with a full screen ad, is it?

This makes sense if you have stuff to say about a niche. E.g. you're into overlanding, share tips, tricks, stories, car/equipment reviews, and there's a single daily ad featuring an offer for a idk, let's say a bike rack.

What's your strategy? Ad is just one of the pieces.

new.kid97

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 15, 2024
I more or less thought of an reward system. Be on the site for X Time and get X credits. But Jon822 is right. The dollar/hour rate would be catastrophic. Maybe it should be more of a fun site like 9gag or something that uses user generated content. Say or show what you want to at a specific time. Then the site could generate revenue through ads.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
I more or less thought of an reward system. Be on the site for X Time and get X credits. But Jon822 is right. The dollar/hour rate would be catastrophic. Maybe it should be more of a fun site like 9gag or something that uses user generated content. Say or show what you want to at a specific time. Then the site could generate revenue through ads.
I trust you've seen Swagbucks -- which is basically your idea, 1000X bigger. You can get paid to view ads, do surveys, search, etc.

Honestly if you were going to do something like this, capturing emails and getting a list of people who want to make a few bucks online would be your best asset. Then you could email them referral links to other similar income streams for a profit.

I don't recommend any of this, however. People willing to spend lots of time to earn a few cents generally aren't the best customers. Contrast that with people shopping for hot tubs or golf clubs or jewelry or any other medium-to-high priced item.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.