The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My "Blogging is a B" Thread

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Blogging is a B! And I'm sure that I am not the first one to say it in this forum.

Here is my baby- www.curerabbitears.com

View attachment 10935
I am so happy that I have found so many like-minded people in this forum. In the real world, I found all but two people. Even though I live in Chicago, my world is small. That is exactly why I created this thread. I would like to say that this was meant to be an outlet where we freely vent our blogging frustrations. As fun as that would be, I would rather discuss the power of leverage, marketing, and content in regards to blogging. I hope to frequently provide updates and pitfalls to further help you avoid them.

Some more about me:

I currently have a day job but I also run a Real Estate business on the side and recently took up blogging. Much to my surprise I really like blogging but I have come to find out the work and effort I have to put in is a big fat B! I am not so much upset with doing the work it takes to build a blog, in fact I like it. What grinds my gears though is how inefficient (or ineffective) I am being with allocating my time. That is why I need you.
As far as work goes, I am complacent at the moment. Regarding my Real Estate business, I have the right people in place and believe I have a good footing with it (I would consider myself a pretty good Real Estate investor and will probably contribute most of my problem solving skills in Real Estate forums). But when is comes to leverage, marketing, and content in regards to blogging, I AM COMPLETELY LOST.

I didn't really have a clue on how to start a blog nor the best way to market. The only thing that I knew was that I wanted to create content to eventually write a book. I did my research and started executing. Not to impressed with the results thus far, I ended up here. There is a plethora of blogging info out there and it is really hard to decipher through the labyrinth. If I had analysis paralysis I would still be reading "how to start a blog" articles.

Anyway, content is not my problem at this point but getting traffic is. At this point I am researching, experimenting, and failing. I am sure there is a system at works but at the moment I haven't found it.

If there you have overcome the same problem that I am having, speak up!

Let's explore leveraging.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Just wanted to give an update. I did my second guest post and although I got crazy traffic to my site, the general response was really negative. It was a really good lesson and I learned a lot about target readership when guest posting. Check out the comment in this post and see how bad I got tore up.
I would like to get some feedback and see what people think.

Rethink Retirement – Create Your Own Target Date Fund

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Update: The article is called Gold Digger’s Guide to the Universe: Finding the One in a Million Millionaire
I lieu of the horrible response I got from my guest post I decided to write some to fire the hater us even more. It seems that the more reaction I get out of people, the more traffic I get to my site. Crazy phenomenon. Trying to find more productive ways to boost traffic, if anyone has any advice let me know. Greatly appreciate it!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.