The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Blog Expertise Needed! How do I get my blog to outperform my medium presence?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

thewalkingtemple

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Oct 28, 2020
Hey guys,

I've been running a science blog (wordpress) for a little over a year now. I have been putting in steady effort into the content (over 200 quality posts this year).

The results are mixed; the traffic is poor on the main website. I am currently monetizing the main website only via Google Ads; and I have literally only made pennies over the past year or so (around 300 visitors a month).

But here's the thing. On my medium (the blogging platform) presence, with the same content, I have 50 times more traffic, and the earnings are disproportionately higher!

I understand that medium is where the traffic is and their algorithm is superior. On the other hand, I also understand that traffic has to find its way to my website. To start solving this problem, I've invested in SEO plugins and have been working steadily at it. The results are slow, but still too insignificant to give me any confidence.

Ideally, I would like my main website to outperform my medium presence (spreading income streams, risk, etc.). Factoring in other sources such as Patreon, etc., this whole show makes a few hundred dollars a month, but nothing to live off of (yet). So, currently, I'm running it completely bootstrapped, which means that I have no budget for external consultants, etc.

To any blogging pros out there:

1. What am I doing wrong?
2. Do you have any suggestions for alternative business models?

Best regards,
TWT.

P.S.
Some of you might recognise my profile and that I have not posted in a long time. This is because I've been busy building stuff. Apologies for the lack of show.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.