The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mobile app Saas Business

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

xNostrumx

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Sep 5, 2020
Costa Rica
Hi Guys,

I m new here and until now i have an online publishing business (this business is making me around $5000 on profit ) even if the business is cool is a little difficult scale when your profit is around $5 - $8 .

So i have seen a lot of potential in the apple store with my audience ( many apps with the same audience that i have for my books, have around 100.000 - 400.000 downloads & Revenue per month and my audience are paying these apps using a subscription model ) In Google plays the downloads are similar but the average revenue is a little lower

So my idea is next :

- The First Version of my app: Get Access to my Ebooks and Audiobooks in exchange of a Monthly Subscription ($7-99 - 9.99) or yearly ($79.99 - 99.99) this is the average prices that i m seeing in apps with the same audience that is buying my books

I have 6 Ebooks and 2 audiobooks at this moment (the price of these on amazon are around 5.99 - 7.99 per ebook and the audiobooks have a price of $19.95)

My problem is that i m not sure about what price put on this first version to validate the idea

i will add more content in the futures... but with the content that i already have is possible to validate and justify the monthly price?

My other question is.... what is the value of the intellectual property? the other feature that i wish to add to my app are illustrations so my idea is buy the rights to the illustrator. In my opinion, get this type of right is very useful because you can sell your own merch, use the IP to create games and another type of stuff

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
but with the content that i already have is possible to validate and justify the monthly price?

That seems steep? I know a lot of bloggers who have patreon worked into it where paying members get to unlock special content etc and that's for a few dollars a month, could you monetize your base in a more traditional way without having to make new content? (publish snippets for free online and then you have a website for ad revenue plus it redirects to purchase?)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.