The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Marketing Children's books and Online Wellness Program

Marketing, social media, advertising

CoolTech

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 30, 2013
Children's books
A few years ago I started self-publishing children's books on Amazon. So far I have 8 books and they're very well received by children, parents and teachers alike. As many of you know, Amazon takes a huge cut of the profits (especially if they print the books). Therefore, my plan is to take the books off Amazon then put them back on with my using my own ISBN numbers and get them printed with a printer I choose. I plan to continue to use Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and my website to get the word out. I've engaged with a handful of influencers in the space and plan to do more. I haven't used any Facebook ads yet but will start experimenting soon.

Online Children's Wellness Program
I also want to create an online wellness program for kids to facilitate social/emotional learning and mindfulness in children aged 4-10 years. It will be used by teachers in classrooms and parents at home. The programs would be age appropriate and kids would be able to use it independently (if old enough to use devices) and be based around the topics of mindfulness, meditation, gratitude, kindness, emotional intelligence, attention, self compassion, breathing techniques, brain science, yoga, resilience, growth mindset.

The programs would consist of videos to watch and participate in, interviews and explanations with experts, activities, writing drawing to complete, interactive quiz and questions, opportunity for reflection (uploaded by students to google classroom/seesaw) arts and crafts. You would have to complete one activity to unlock and lead to the next activities or a choice of activities.

Any thoughts on my plan around how to effectively market and scale?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
May 1, 2011
Therefore, my plan is to take the books off Amazon then put them back on with my using my own ISBN numbers and get them printed with a printer I choose.

This will destroy your book rankings and probably reduce sales to zero. I'd only do that with new titles, but not with titles that already have an established sales history, reviews, rank, etc.

CoolTech

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 30, 2013
This will destroy your book rankings and probably reduce sales to zero. I'd only do that with new titles, but not with titles that already have an established sales history, reviews, rank, etc.
They've only had a few hundred sales so far. The plan is to re-release them with the same name but just add some new/improved/updated language to the title. This way the brand is consistent but then I have more control over the production / scaling / cost of the new versions.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Children's books
A few years ago I started self-publishing children's books on Amazon. So far I have 8 books and they're very well received by children, parents and teachers alike. As many of you know, Amazon takes a huge cut of the profits (especially if they print the books). Therefore, my plan is to take the books off Amazon then put them back on with my using my own ISBN numbers and get them printed with a printer I choose. I plan to continue to use Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and my website to get the word out. I've engaged with a handful of influencers in the space and plan to do more. I haven't used any Facebook ads yet but will start experimenting soon.

Online Children's Wellness Program
I also want to create an online wellness program for kids to facilitate social/emotional learning and mindfulness in children aged 4-10 years. It will be used by teachers in classrooms and parents at home. The programs would be age appropriate and kids would be able to use it independently (if old enough to use devices) and be based around the topics of mindfulness, meditation, gratitude, kindness, emotional intelligence, attention, self compassion, breathing techniques, brain science, yoga, resilience, growth mindset.

The programs would consist of videos to watch and participate in, interviews and explanations with experts, activities, writing drawing to complete, interactive quiz and questions, opportunity for reflection (uploaded by students to google classroom/seesaw) arts and crafts. You would have to complete one activity to unlock and lead to the next activities or a choice of activities.

Any thoughts on my plan around how to effectively market and scale?

I really love this idea, my thoughts are to get out to every school in the area and speak with the school principals and see if they can buy directly from you (rather than online)

Doing some type of extracurricular activities and being the host is an idea that should be executed aswell, back in my grade school days I remember in the gym people would come in and do science shows, or another thing was the local Police Department came in and trained kids how to ride bicycles. You could partner up with the local PD/Fire Department/EMS (makes for great publicity) and the press will blow up talking about you. Funny enough, until they get older..... kids like meeting Police officers/ sitting in the cars and flashing lights around, if you could host some type of meet and greet I'm sure they would enjoy it, both you and the PD benefeit and you could even throw in some type of fundraiser aswell.

Become the person/brand that is associated with educational programs, kind of how Redbull is associated with every sport almost in the world. Be like Redbull, get involved in the community and try your hardest to make sure everyone knows about your brand/you. Goodluck! Hope everything works out!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CoolTech

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 30, 2013
I really love this idea, my thoughts are to get out to every school in the area and speak with the school principals and see if they can buy directly from you (rather than online)

Doing some type of extracurricular activities and being the host is an idea that should be executed aswell, back in my grade school days I remember in the gym people would come in and do science shows, or another thing was the local Police Department came in and trained kids how to ride bicycles. You could partner up with the local PD/Fire Department/EMS (makes for great publicity) and the press will blow up talking about you. Funny enough, until they get older..... kids like meeting Police officers/ sitting in the cars and flashing lights around, if you could host some type of meet and greet I'm sure they would enjoy it, both you and the PD benefeit and you could even throw in some type of fundraiser aswell.

Become the person/brand that is associated with educational programs, kind of how Redbull is associated with every sport almost in the world. Be like Redbull, get involved in the community and try your hardest to make sure everyone knows about your brand/you. Goodluck! Hope everything works out!

Wow, thanks for such a thorough response!

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
With the increase in homeschooling this year, I would also reach out locally to home school associations. I know these 'coalitions' are popping up near me where 5 or 6 parents are joining forces to set up a mini school for their children. Also look into daycares and preschools, especially ones that are trying to offer additional services for that 3-6 age range where parents may opt out of Kindergarten for 2020 due to COVID.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.