• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

O/T: HEALTH Is Anyone Else Intermittent Fasting?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by million$$$smile, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Benacles

Benacles Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $260
    For those of you who, just like me, are following the Leangains protocol (also known as the 16:8 diet) you might be interested in knowing that Martin Berkham, its creator, has just released his long-awaited book.

I can't tell yet if the book deserves to be called "the definitive guide on that matter" since I am waiting for the hard copy version, but it definitely seems interesting.

million$$$smile likes this.
  2. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $9,053
    I fast while sleeping and eat when I'm awake. So 20 hour feeding window and 4 hour fasting window.

3. ideasunlimited1

ideasunlimited1 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $174
    I do 16:8 Intermittent Fasting, and it changed my life. I have way more energy, and I'm staying healthier. It's weird how the effort to break down food I was constantly eating affected my productivity and overall feeling of wellness. It also made it easier to cut my portion sizes down.

4. Lambo-Hunter

Lambo-Hunter Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $282
    Never was a fan of eating breakfast growing up, still not.

Been doing IF for about 5 years knowingly. havent experienced any extra energy, I'm just not a fan of eating before 2-3pm

I do a 3-7 day water fast once a quarter to let my body chillout and not process any food.

5. rjrobbins2

rjrobbins2 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $497
    I cannot say I do it everyday. Some days I dont eat enough during my consumption period and get too hungry but I try to stick to a noon to 8 period for eating on most days. I dont know what kind of effect it has had. I have been thinking about doing a few days fast to clean out my system.

6. tuko

tuko New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $62
    Water Fasting, on and off for about a year. I go 48 hours at a time. Sometimes 68-72 hours. I am in complete control and I love it. Oh, and it cleared my skin up too.

ruzara5 likes this.
  7. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $396,074
  8. million$$$smile

million$$$smile Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $57,964
    We have become consumed with food.

We are addicted not for nourishment, but for taste...

and usually the sweeter the better.

Some of us really do think we are 'starving' if we go without food for 8 hours.

We feed on bio-engineered products rather than the fruit of the earth.

We would rather wait in line at the Golden Arches than to arch our back to pick home grown vegetables.

We would rather spend $100 a month on snacks and sodas than a gym membership.

And then we would rather take a pill between gulps of soda prescribed to us for weight loss than feel the pain (and joy) of stretching and breathing and lifting.

We would rather take an antidote than stop the obsession and craving.

We have all been fed by branding rather than whats on the back of the label.

I think what I just ate turned me unusually negative...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    Wiggly0607, Roz, MJ DeMarco and 2 others like this.
  9. rogue synthetic

rogue synthetic * Not actually Rutger Hauer Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,347
    It's interesting that this article and its sources think that the healthy norm is having high-density calorie sources available 24/7, and the deviant fad is not gorging yourself with food throughout the day.

Up until, say, World War 2, that wasn't the case for most people. It still isn't, once you remember that most people on Earth don't live in the US, Europe, or Australia.

"Experts note" that their absence of evidence is actually evidence of the absence of what your lying eyes, or a halfway competent grasp of human history, could tell you.

(I'm sure we could find some starving Africans or Asians who would have a good laugh at "weight loss isn't achievable for most people". If they weren't starving, of course.)

ruzara5, million$$$smile and MTF like this.
  10. ideasunlimited1

ideasunlimited1 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $174
    ruzara5 likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.