The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

4 years of Intermittent Fasting and lifting

69charger

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Mar 26, 2016
Budapest,Hungary
Hey guys,

real quick,so I decided to contribute to the community because I have read so much valuable info in the past 3 weeks since I joined.Even though I haven't finished reading the Millionaire Fastlane book(I'm at p.249),I want to give some value to this forum.In this post I'm going to focus on Intermittent Fasting(IF).

Anyways,I've been into fitness since age 15, when I started swimming and jogging.When I was 16 years old I started doing some very basic bodyweight exercises at home.This was also the time that I started to experiment with my eating regimen and discovered Intermittent Fasting thanks to Martin Berkhan.Since age 16,I've been more and more into bodyweight training and lifting instead of jogging and swimming.

The basics go like this: you fast for 16 hours and have an 8 hour eating window whereby you eat your food.You focus on consuming protein and protein,water,then carbs and fats.

Personally,I enjoy fasting for 20 hours and having a 4 hour eating window.The reason for this is that I'm a college student and have many classes/day( from 8 am till 2 or 3 pm) and I hate rushing my meals and eating at school.I MUCH MUCH prefer sitting down at my table and eating my meals slowly,which takes at least 30 minutes sometimes 40 minutes LOL.So for example I arrive at home at 3 pm,break my fast at 4pm and finish my last meal by 8 pm. On weekends however,I stick to the 16/8 schedule,so I break my fast at noon.I eat 2 LARGE post workout meals on workout days and 3 medium meals on rest days(weekend).

How do I fit in my workouts? Easy.I get up at 4 or 4:30 am,slam some tasty black coffee and haul a$$ to the gym and work out from 6 am till 7 am.Rinse and repeat Monday thru Friday.

What I really love about IF is the mental clarity that I have during the fast.It is unparalleled and great for working out and studying,or in you guys' case working on your business'.
I do think about food during the fast but then I just drink a lot of water and the hunger is gone.I'm not hungry in the morning because black coffee absolutely kills my appetite.
Now,IF is not the best strategy for gaining mass but I don't care because I'm not in a hurry to put on muscle mass because I'm in this game for the LONG HAUL,I'M still just 20 years old.What it is great for however,is minimizing fat gain while gaining muscle.I have put on muscle in the past few years and managed not to get fat and it's amazing.

Well,that's all I can think about right now,gotta get back to studying.If you have any questions,ask away!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
I did IF for a bit. It's good stuff and I can vouch for the mental clarity gained.

I noticed that right after the large meal I can't do anything else but go straight to bed.

69charger

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Mar 26, 2016
Budapest,Hungary
I did IF for a bit. It's good stuff and I can vouch for the mental clarity gained.

I noticed that right after the large meal I can't do anything else but go straight to bed.
Perhaps you could substitute slow carbs for fast absorbing carbs.So for example instead of eating white rice eat green veggies.Fortunately,I tolerate carbs really well,so I can get away with eating fast carbs.I also noticed that bumping up the protein content of a meal helps diminish the sleepiness after a meal.
Also,I got this tip from Charles Poliquin.Eat your tasty carbs,ie bananas,oats,potatoes,rice etc in the evening because of the neurotransmitter release,which really does help you relax and fall asleep.

Rudynate

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 3, 2016
San Francisco, CA
Hey guys,

real quick,so I decided to contribute to the community because I have read so much valuable info in the past 3 weeks since I joined.Even though I haven't finished reading the Millionaire Fastlane book(I'm at p.249),I want to give some value to this forum.In this post I'm going to focus on Intermittent Fasting(IF).

Anyways,I've been into fitness since age 15, when I started swimming and jogging.When I was 16 years old I started doing some very basic bodyweight exercises at home.This was also the time that I started to experiment with my eating regimen and discovered Intermittent Fasting thanks to Martin Berkhan.Since age 16,I've been more and more into bodyweight training and lifting instead of jogging and swimming.

The basics go like this: you fast for 16 hours and have an 8 hour eating window whereby you eat your food.You focus on consuming protein and protein,water,then carbs and fats.

Personally,I enjoy fasting for 20 hours and having a 4 hour eating window.The reason for this is that I'm a college student and have many classes/day( from 8 am till 2 or 3 pm) and I hate rushing my meals and eating at school.I MUCH MUCH prefer sitting down at my table and eating my meals slowly,which takes at least 30 minutes sometimes 40 minutes LOL.So for example I arrive at home at 3 pm,break my fast at 4pm and finish my last meal by 8 pm. On weekends however,I stick to the 16/8 schedule,so I break my fast at noon.I eat 2 LARGE post workout meals on workout days and 3 medium meals on rest days(weekend).

How do I fit in my workouts? Easy.I get up at 4 or 4:30 am,slam some tasty black coffee and haul a$$ to the gym and work out from 6 am till 7 am.Rinse and repeat Monday thru Friday.

What I really love about IF is the mental clarity that I have during the fast.It is unparalleled and great for working out and studying,or in you guys' case working on your business'.
I do think about food during the fast but then I just drink a lot of water and the hunger is gone.I'm not hungry in the morning because black coffee absolutely kills my appetite.
Now,IF is not the best strategy for gaining mass but I don't care because I'm not in a hurry to put on muscle mass because I'm in this game for the LONG HAUL,I'M still just 20 years old.What it is great for however,is minimizing fat gain while gaining muscle.I have put on muscle in the past few years and managed not to get fat and it's amazing.

Well,that's all I can think about right now,gotta get back to studying.If you have any questions,ask away!

I used to do this years ago when I was in college, except Brad Pilon and Martin Berkhan hadn't give it a name. Get up, nothing but coffee and water until 2P or so, two huge meals, essentially nothing to eat after 10P or so. I did it not so much for fitness, but because I just didn't like to eat early in the day. I was very lean, maybe a little too much so. People occasionally asked me if I was well. I didn't care - I had huge amounts of energy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

69charger

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Mar 26, 2016
Budapest,Hungary
I used to do this years ago when I was in college, except Brad Pilon and Martin Berkhan hadn't give it a name. Get up, nothing but coffee and water until 2P or so, two huge meals, essentially nothing to eat after 10P or so. I did it not so much for fitness, but because I just didn't like to eat early in the day. I was very lean, maybe a little too much so. People occasionally asked me if I was well. I didn't care - I had huge amounts of energy.
Speaking of energy...it really is amazing how much energy you get from not having to digest all the time.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
I've kind worked my way into an "eating window" or fasting naturally before I knew it was even a thing.

I was always a late riser, so if I needed to be at work at 8am.. I would get up at like 7:45. Not much time to do anything but dress, wash face and teeth, and get into the car. I wouldn't eat until about noon or 1pm and I generally went to bed by 10 with nothing to eat after 8 or so.

I've done that so much that when I went self-employed it just came over as habit. My first meal of the day might not be until 1pm with my last one around 7 or so. Not because I get out of the bed late anymore, but just because it's an old habit now and I have so much work to do when I first get up that I don't think about it.

I do drink a ton more water today and lots more coffee ( I dont do black, but I do only put in sugar free creamer ). I also try to stay away from white sugary stuff/white carbs as much as I can.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.