The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Fasting Friends

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Just competed a 3 day fast.

@Bearcorp @MTF @Sander @Timmy C @million$$$smile -- Wanted to thank you guys for the inspiration and motivation.

Just had my first meal after 3 days -- avocado toast with two eggs and tomato. Maybe 450 calories total. Feeling like I ate 2,000.

It was a bit of a challenge, but well worth it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Just competed a 3 day fast.

@Bearcorp @MTF @Sander @Timmy C @million$$$smile -- Wanted to thank you guys for the inspiration and motivation.

Just had my first meal after 3 days -- avocado toast with two eggs and tomato. Maybe 450 calories total. Feeling like I ate 2,000.

It was a bit of a challenge, but well worth it.

Great stuff mate, how good is that first meal back!

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
This awesome thread has been on my mind. Thank you for posting your experience here guys!

Is anyone considering the 3 day water fast this week?

I will begin on Tuesday night and finish on Saturday morning!

Boyd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Apr 2, 2011
Florida
Is anyone considering the 3 day water fast this week?

I will begin on Tuesday night and finish on Saturday morning!

I'm due for another go at this. I'll join you this week @Sheens

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Excited to do this with you @Boyd!

And it will be great to see how it compares to the first time if you'd like to share any thoughts! You can do this!

I weighed in this morning and will each day now with the official start tonight!

Boyd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Apr 2, 2011
Florida
Looking forward to it.

I didn't weigh myself today. I figured I'd wait until after my last meal and we officially begin.

I'll post updates along the way as the need arises. Good luck. We can do this!

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
At the beginning of the month, I did a 72 hour for my first one ever. The next week I did 3 36s, then fell off the wagon.

Started again yesterday, those cravings were insane in the evening. Ended up smelling a jar of peanut butter before going to bed. Woke up feeling good, got my gallon of water, snake juice, and Perrier.

The plan is to break the fast Friday because wedding season is coming to a close but not over yet.

Boyd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Apr 2, 2011
Florida
Fast 2, Day 1

Elapsed Time: 8 Hours
Starting Weight: 189.4 lbs (85.9 kg)

I worked late at my day job and finished my last meal a little after 10:00 pm last night. Weighed myself this morning and I'm starting at 189.4 lbs. Day one is usually the easiest day because I'm heading right back to work this morning and don't usually eat much while I'm there. We'll have to see whether or not I hit a wall around dinner time tonight. The hardest part so far was not reaching to turn on my coffee maker when I woke up.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Fast 1, Day 1

Elapsed time: 13 hours
Starting weight: 120.0 lbs

Decided to follow a normal morning work out and feeling great!

Planning to pick up mineral water today to really spice things up later :)

Boyd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Apr 2, 2011
Florida
Unfortunately this fast is going to be short lived. My wife just called and asked to go out to dinner tonight. It's very rare that we're home together in the evening and been forever since we've gone out to eat. How can I say no to that?

I'll have to pick this up again some other time soon. Sorry, @Sheens , I'm still pulling for you.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
It's very rare that we're home together in the evening and been forever since we've gone out to eat. How can I say no to that?

Relationships are incredibly important and I understand @Boyd! Thank you for joining and the well wishes!

My guy's eyes about bugged out of his head that I had him stand in witness to the weigh-in this morning! Though he has zero desire to join me this week, he is incredibly supportive! (We will be building an exterior patio for the next couple of days so he'll earn huge points if he brings me ice for my water : ) )

What if you really went all out and brought her flowers, a handwritten love note, or anything that has a special meaning for you guys to the date tonight?

Boyd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Apr 2, 2011
Florida
What if you really went all out and brought her flowers, a handwritten love note, or anything that has a special meaning for you guys to the date tonight?

Thanks. That's a good idea. I could always use extra brownie points.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Yes! Time for an update, thanks for checking in @Boyd!

I am on track to finish tomorrow! Current weight at 115.5lbs.

I actually think I am not drinking enough water. It is just under a gallon a day but I need to do a better job of tracking the exact amount. I just constantly have it near me, especially when working outside in the heat.

This morning would be about 60 hours in and the first weakness I have noticed. I did wake up with a headache and it went away pretty quick as I started moving around.

Hunger pains have not been an issue. I feel that same empty stomach feeling present on the first day Wednesday as about the same today.

Seeing, smelling, and watching others eat is the tough part! I miss the taste and enjoyment of food and happy it is that way. Clear out the misconceptions!

This is a great restart and further motivation to eat so much less than I might normally have thought I needed or craved!

Let me know when you are going to try this challenge again!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I just constantly have it near me, especially when working outside in the heat.

Make sure to drink mineral water often, too, particularly in this heat as you're probably sweating out a lot of electrolytes.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Thank you for the reminder @MTF! There is a pH balanced electrolyte purified water that I purchased for these few days and trying to drink that often. Strangely, I'm not sure that I would prefer it over simple tap water.

I also had a cup of hot water each on Wed and Thurs with salt added to it for balance. Reminded me that it has been far too long since I have had my head splashed in ocean water : )

Boyd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Apr 2, 2011
Florida
Awesome job @Sheens , you're doing great.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Finished at 90 hours fasting. Yea! The most difficult part was up and down a ladder to trim an exterior window from the roof today. Normally that wouldn't slow me down.

My dreams for the last two nights were vivid and not... good... Hoping that will change tonight!

Even with a fresh battery my scale couldn't decide this morning if it was 111.5 or 114lbs so I am going to go with 114 and a 6lb loss. Much more to go here for my optimal physiology but a great kickstart to continue improving!

The weight wasn't nearly as much motivation as optimal cell turnover and a reset on taste and hunger. Fresh produce has been on my mind from Wed to today! Success!

Thank you again for starting this thread @MTF! It helped every day to have all of you to lead the way and hope to join in on this again with you all!

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Hey guys! Anyone up for doing a 3 day water fast again to start off 2020?

It's pretty awesome to have never bounced back to the original weight after the first fast (holiday season might see me breaking scales though : ) )

I'll try to tag most on this thread! @MTF , @Boyd , @Bearcorp , @AgainstAllOdds , @Sander , @fishgodeep , @Ben Taylor , @JScott , @KnightByDay , @million$$$smile , @JordanS , @Rawseed , @Timmy C

Jan 2-6 or 7-11?

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

It's pretty awesome to have never bounced back to the original weight after the first fast (holiday season might see me breaking scales though : ) )

I'll try to tag most on this thread! @MTF , @Boyd , @Bearcorp , @AgainstAllOdds , @Sander , @fishgodeep , @Ben Taylor , @JScott , @KnightByDay , @million$$$smile , @JordanS , @Rawseed , @Timmy C

Jan 2-6 or 7-11?

I'm currently on a fat loss diet working with a coach and most likely can't do a 3-day fast at the moment as it might affect the diet's results too much.

I'll be cheering from the sidelines.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
I'm currently on a fat loss diet working with a coach and most likely can't do a 3-day fast at the moment as it might affect the diet's results too much.

I'll be cheering from the sidelines.

Sounds awesome and wishing you great success!

Ahash31

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Nov 13, 2019
Have you guys found The Snake Diet yet?? Cole Robinson is truly amazing. Aside from the swearing and cussing he knows his shit.

@Sheens why not just fast now? 3 day , 72 hr fast is easy peezee, it’s your own fear holding you back. I wouldn’t recommend plain water fasting , it’s alot better to drink salt water + potassium. The electrolytes keep you going for the day energy wise, I would never do a plain water fast ever again, you will flush out your electrolytes too quickly. From someone who has done 7days on water and 7days on the electrolyte water it’s SO much better. Much more energy. If you want a fasting buddy Im currently doing back to back 48s just skipping a day eating I’ll just eat a F*ck ton next meal, throw in an extra day and we can do a 72. Can start whenever u want!

@MTF, if you are trying to lose fat you have to start thinking of your body fat as being food (it Is).

In general:

The only way anyone loses weight is by being on a caloric deficit for a long period of time. Now you can do that by eating 5 chicken shit meals a day spiking insulan and keeping you catabolic or you can just stop eating and fast on salt water, and eat a single big meal every 2 days or 3 if you’re pretty fat. If you’re obese you can go much longer. The hormone profile and body response will be completely different than constant small meals, and the results are WAY better. Not even close really.

If you experienced fasters are really trying to crank it up you can try dry fasting or even “death” fasting (dry fasting while also actively trying to sweat in a sauna or long cardio so you are on a wicked water deficit) . The autophagy effects are unreal. Try out a piss fast too, urine therapy is a taboo subject but urine has incredible bio availability, minerals, cortisteriods and more.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
@Ahash31, I've been fasting daily for many years already. The current diet is to reach sub-10% body fat as I'm already lean, just want to get much leaner than ever before. I fully agree that dieting is much easier with IF.

Ben Taylor

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Dec 7, 2015
I'm game for another one for sure.

It's funny, I was actually talking about IF with a buddy of mine last weekend and he wanted to do a 24 hr one to start, which, all things considered, is fairly gentle. Also, on the other extreme, I visited a new church for the first time recently and they start every new year off with a 21-day fast, which is crazy to do annually.

Anyway, all that goes to say I'm in.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia

Jan 2-6 or 7-11?

Funny I got tagged in this thread I actually had an involuntary fast last week, tonsillitis meant I only drank water for 6 days, so I probably won't be doing another fast anytime soon, good luck to anyone about to have a go at it!

KnightByDay

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
414%
Oct 28, 2017
South Carolina

Jan 2-6 or 7-11?

I won't be able to do the 2-6 round as I'll be recovering from the one night a year I get toasted. I might be able to do 7-11, but for sure don't schedule it on my account. Y'all are killing it in this thread though, damn.

fishgodeep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
374%
Oct 11, 2015
Edmonton

Jan 2-6 or 7-11?

Jan 7 - 11 let's do it! I'm going to do a 96 hour as I've never done more than a 72

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Jan 7 - 11 let's do it! I'm going to do a 96 hour as I've never done more than a 72

Yea! Jan 7-11 sounds great!

If we keep it mind for the next few days, it can help eliminate having any food that may spoil over that week.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.