The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Fasting Friends

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
I believe fasting is not for everyone.
If your health is compromised or have certain underlying health conditions, fasting can be very dangerous - even life threatening.

But if you're a healthy human being, fasting is one of the best and most reliable ways to improve health, slow down (or even reverse) the aging process, and remove damaged cells from the body through the process of autophagy.

If fasting is not an option, rigorous exercise will produce similar effects (also through the mechanism of autophagy). But this also can be life threatening if you have underlying health conditions (e.g. cardiovascular disease).

Moral of the story:
  • Any tool that is powerful, is inherently dangerous and should be used with extreme caution.
  • Everything comes at a cost. If you really want to improve your health you will have to put in a lot of work and effort.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Damien C

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Mar 19, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I fast a lot - 24 and 48 hour fasts on a regular basis. It's simple, it's effective and it allows me to indulge and pig out and not get fat. I've noticed it's made me look younger too. Was not looking great when eating all the time - fatter and also just ashy and grey.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Bumping because I discovered something that I am having some great success with. Here's the backstory.

Since I had about 40 pounds to lose, I decided to go OMPD because I am someone that feels fine until noon without food. I felt terrible holding out longer. I became inneffective on the diet and I cant have that, so I quit. Instead, I decided to avidly run, walk and lift weights, and eat responsibly. I only lost 5 pounds after doing that for a year. I feel good though. Running just made me more hungry.

Recently, I discovered why fasting made me feel like such crap. How you feel isn't really lack of fuel, your body can make its own out of the fat. Keytones are actually better brain fuel than carb glucose anyway... It is about an electrolyte imbalance. At least for me.

I have always been incredibly susceptible to dehydration sickness since I was in high school carrying a golf bag in 105 degree Texas heat for 5 hours. I would end up with a fever and legitimately sick.

I discovered something called "fasting salts." It is a combination of sodium, magnesium and potassium with zero sugar or anything else. I have lost 8 more pounds in two weeks on OMPD and feel great. I feel like I actually found something my body likes. I am stoked.

My point is, if you feel like crap when you intermittently fast, try supplementing electrolytes. It's like magic for me.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Bumping because I discovered something that I am having some great success with. Here's the backstory.

Since I had about 40 pounds to lose, I decided to go OMPD because I am someone that feels fine until noon without food. I felt terrible holding out longer. I became inneffective on the diet and I cant have that, so I quit. Instead, I decided to avidly run, walk and lift weights, and eat responsibly. I only lost 5 pounds after doing that for a year. I feel good though. Running just made me more hungry.

Recently, I discovered why fasting made me feel like such crap. How you feel isn't really lack of fuel, your body can make its own out of the fat. Keytones are actually better brain fuel than carb glucose anyway... It is about an electrolyte imbalance. At least for me.

I have always been incredibly susceptible to dehydration sickness since I was in high school carrying a golf bag in 105 degree Texas heat for 5 hours. I would end up with a fever and legitimately sick.

I discovered something called "fasting salts." It is a combination of sodium, magnesium and potassium with zero sugar or anything else. I have lost 8 more pounds in two weeks on OMPD and feel great. I feel like I actually found something my body likes. I am stoked.

My point is, if you feel like crap when you intermittently fast, try supplementing electrolytes. It's like magic for me.
Yeah, when I fast in the morning I have to have some kind of drink like Gatorade zero or propel for that.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
How you feel isn't really lack of fuel, your body can make its own out of the fat. Keytones are actually better brain fuel than carb glucose anyway...
The brain and body desperately need glucose at a steady rate, otherwise you die. Ketone bodies are not an alternative source of energy, they are complementary to glucose. Even in very deep ketosis, a large percentage of energy will come from endogenous glucose.

If you constantly feel like you have low energy while fasting, it might be because that's what actually happens.

When you did OMAD, were you eating a large amount of carbs in your meal? This could both prevent your body from adapting to fat metabolism or cause electrolyte imbalance.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The brain and body desperately need glucose at a steady rate, otherwise you die. Ketone bodies are not an alternative source of energy, they are complementary to glucose. Even in very deep ketosis, a large percentage of energy will come from endogenous glucose.

If you constantly feel like you have low energy while fasting, it might be because that's what actually happens.

When you did OMAD, were you eating a large amount of carbs in your meal? This could both prevent your body from adapting to fat metabolism or cause electrolyte imbalance.
I wasn’t eating like carbs only, but I probably did eat carbs. It was over a year ago.

Here I am, late in the day, fine because of the electrolytes. I don’t feel a lack of energy or ability. I just would like food.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Can i do fasting with the type two diabetes?
Is there something i should think about?
Type 2 diabetes is completely reversible in some cases.

I would recommend doing your own research on intermittent fasting and the ketogenic diet. It has been shown to reduce insulin resistance and even reverse some diseases.

This needs to be done properly, and the body needs time to adapt to any dietary change. Otherwise fasting/refeeding can be very dangerous and even life threatening.

Please do your own research, and talk to your doctor.

Vas87

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jul 4, 2012
Australia
Type 2 diabetes is completely reversible in some cases.

I would recommend doing your own research on intermittent fasting and the ketogenic diet. It has been shown to reduce insulin resistance and even reverse some diseases.

This needs to be done properly, and the body needs time to adapt to any dietary change. Otherwise fasting/refeeding can be very dangerous and even life threatening.

Please do your own research, and talk to your doctor.
I'd also add: stop using any seed/vegetable oils or consuming any food with them (which is pretty much every single packaged food.):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpcEJjLcKcQ&ab_channel=DefeatDiabetesAU

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
I'd also add: stop using any seed/vegetable oils or consuming any food with them (which is pretty much every single packaged food.):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpcEJjLcKcQ&ab_channel=DefeatDiabetesAU
And the other big elephant in the room is fructose, which is both a hepatotoxin (very similar to alcohol), and has been shown to directly increase insulin resistance.

Table sugar is 50% fructose.

Interesting how it got to a point where sugar and seed oils are the main ingredients in processed foods. Cheap, addictive, easy to mass-produce, and also extend shelf life of the product.

There is only one small side effect: it kills people.
Seems like the food industry has no problem prioritizing money over human health.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Speaking about Keto, it can help some people with type 2 diabetes because it allows the body to maintain blood sugar levels at a low but healthy level.
It works because you're not adding more fuel to the fire by flooding your bloodstream with exogenous glucose, but instead you let the body to regulate the level of this vital substance, without interference.

The only thing I found that is not recommended is fasting. If you fast for more than a day or so, your body may not get enough of the nutrients it needs without supplements. But the biggest danger of fasting for people with diabetes is that their blood sugar levels could go dangerously low.
Anyone that has compromised health needs to be extremely careful with any dietary intervention. I do not say this lightly.

Always seek medical supervision.

As for the nutrients thing, fasting can only be done successfully in the context of a proper diet that brings in all the necessary nutrients. Otherwise fasting will only cause further depletion of nutrients.

Prdgy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Mar 27, 2023
God I wish I could do this, but diabetes says no :(

Clarification: Type 1 Diabetes. Fully genetic and inherited, sadly nothing I can do about it.

James90

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jul 2, 2019
Hawaii
I usually do a window of 16HR fast. Would like to attempt a 3 day fast one day

Since my early college days, school and work-full time. Fasting just made sense.
One thing I learned recently tho, drinking a zero-calorie energy drink will break your fast!

Also came across an interesting video regarding

"Why people in the Middle East Lowest Cancer Rates in the World"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=539UQ-6wC3g

-Highest consumption of sugar
-Many people participate in fasting (Ramadan)
-Fasting starves cancer
-Many people consume certain pieces with anti-cancer/tumor properties
-Low tobacco usage among women
-Alcohol is prohibited in most areas of Middle East

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.