The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

O/T: HEALTH Fastlane Fasting Friends

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

fishgodeep

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 11, 2015
Edmonton
Hey guys! Anyone up for doing a 3 day water fast again to start off 2020?

It's pretty awesome to have never bounced back to the original weight after the first fast (holiday season might see me breaking scales though : ) )

I'll try to tag most on this thread! @MTF , @Boyd , @Bearcorp , @AgainstAllOdds , @Sander , @fishgodeep , @Ben Taylor , @JScott , @KnightByDay , @million$$$smile , @JordanS , @Rawseed , @Timmy C

Jan 2-6 or 7-11?
Jan 7 - 11 let's do it! I'm going to do a 96 hour as I've never done more than a 72

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sheens

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Jan 7 - 11 let's do it! I'm going to do a 96 hour as I've never done more than a 72
Yea! Jan 7-11 sounds great!

If we keep it mind for the next few days, it can help eliminate having any food that may spoil over that week.

fishgodeep

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 11, 2015
Edmonton
Don't know who else joining in this time around, either way i'm starting today (Jan 6th). Just had my last meal for what will be a 96 hour fast. Simply put, I ate at 15.00 today Jan 6th and will fast until Friday 10th. Which if my math is right will get to me 96 hours. This will mean I'll be going to bed 'hungry' three nights.

The plan is pretty simple, don't eat! The only thing I'll be ingesting is water which a pinch of sea salt. Some people tend to drink black coffee or tea during a fast which is fine, although you may be missing out on some of the benefits of autophagy. Do your own research if your interested in the topic.

I'll be working out twice each day:
1. Walk in the woods > 45 mins
2. Jiu Jitsu > 60 mins

And getting as much sleep as my body needs. No alarm clock. Wish me luck, see you all on the other side.

Sheens

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 13, 2018
USA
YES!

Here we go @fishgodeep, tonight works fine for me to start as well!

Last time I believe I ate Tuesday evening and then again Saturday so maybe a few will still join on those days.

@AgainstAllOdds, @Ben Taylor, @KnightByDay !!!!!

I will also be doing only water with occasional salt, sleep 6-7 hours, and at least 30 min workouts daily.

fishgodeep

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 11, 2015
Edmonton
100 hour fast in the books!

Feeling really good about this one. The real challenge about fasting that is usually overlooked is the re-feed. People (myself included) have a tendency to overeat after a long fast sometimes even with unhealthy food. And end up undoing a lot of the good work they just did. This time I broke my fast with a regular sized dinner consisting of meat and vegetables. And did't feel the need to eat again that day.

I did a much better job of tracking this time around. Ended up loosing 5 lbs and an 1 inch off my waist. Energy levels felt great throughout the fast. Trained Jiu Jitsu everyday and got some walks in as well. I didn't experience a lowered body temperature as some people often do. And I'd know as it was -30C here in Canada the last couple of days :rofl:.

The main benefit I can report is mental. When you go through several days of not consuming anything but water you come out of with heightened degree of confidence. Like anything you need to experience it to truly understand it. But having the knowledge that you can forgo consumption for a few days is incredibly liberating. You can truly focus all of your intention on your goals, no food, no coffee, no social media, no bullshit.

If anyone is feeling curious about trying fasting do it and jump in with both feet!

@Sheens how did it go for you?

Sheens

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Way to go @fishgodeep!!!

As you said, a favorite part of experiences fasting or IF is the physical sensation that eating less feels much better than eating more.

This week was bittersweet, a complete flop on the 96 hours, and feeling amazing health wise! Loss of 3 pounds without completing the full challenge.

Unexpected for this round was a schedule change at work and after fasting only 48 hours there was a shake in my hands... this is a no go for treating patients. Broke the fast and worked my best all day. Returned to an IF/OMAD. I don't remember a tremble last time and will work around that schedule next time to allow for it.

Eating less and consciously cutting out the sh*t is working well. Combined with workouts, it's becoming my lifestyle.

Another big thanks to @MTF for starting this thread that clicked something in my brain to try water fasts!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE How To Create A 100K-1M+ Sales Funnel
Yeah, it's a common "funnel" page. I'm sick of seeing them.. for someone that hasn't seen it...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
Just had a personal highlight of the program so far - @GuitarManDan gave a one hour Zoom talk on...
MARKETPLACE KAK’s “Kill Bigger” Incubation Program- With DAILY personal attention.
I joined @Kak's business incubator in the first week of May. During our daily chats we uncovered...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This is your May reminder that you can do this. I'll keep it short. These are the May promos...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks! This is a cool idea, actually. I would like to use your experience as I heard that these...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
would this be available in paper version? I know it's short, but most of my family is...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is where you eliminate uncertainty from the future! I wanted to post this image as I...

Visit A Forum Sponsor
sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock