The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Fasting Friends

fishgodeep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
374%
Oct 11, 2015
Edmonton
Don't know who else joining in this time around, either way i'm starting today (Jan 6th). Just had my last meal for what will be a 96 hour fast. Simply put, I ate at 15.00 today Jan 6th and will fast until Friday 10th. Which if my math is right will get to me 96 hours. This will mean I'll be going to bed 'hungry' three nights.

The plan is pretty simple, don't eat! The only thing I'll be ingesting is water which a pinch of sea salt. Some people tend to drink black coffee or tea during a fast which is fine, although you may be missing out on some of the benefits of autophagy. Do your own research if your interested in the topic.

I'll be working out twice each day:
1. Walk in the woods > 45 mins
2. Jiu Jitsu > 60 mins

And getting as much sleep as my body needs. No alarm clock. Wish me luck, see you all on the other side.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
YES!

Here we go @fishgodeep, tonight works fine for me to start as well!

Last time I believe I ate Tuesday evening and then again Saturday so maybe a few will still join on those days.

@AgainstAllOdds, @Ben Taylor, @KnightByDay !!!!!

I will also be doing only water with occasional salt, sleep 6-7 hours, and at least 30 min workouts daily.

fishgodeep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
374%
Oct 11, 2015
Edmonton
100 hour fast in the books!

Feeling really good about this one. The real challenge about fasting that is usually overlooked is the re-feed. People (myself included) have a tendency to overeat after a long fast sometimes even with unhealthy food. And end up undoing a lot of the good work they just did. This time I broke my fast with a regular sized dinner consisting of meat and vegetables. And did't feel the need to eat again that day.

I did a much better job of tracking this time around. Ended up loosing 5 lbs and an 1 inch off my waist. Energy levels felt great throughout the fast. Trained Jiu Jitsu everyday and got some walks in as well. I didn't experience a lowered body temperature as some people often do. And I'd know as it was -30C here in Canada the last couple of days :rofl:.

The main benefit I can report is mental. When you go through several days of not consuming anything but water you come out of with heightened degree of confidence. Like anything you need to experience it to truly understand it. But having the knowledge that you can forgo consumption for a few days is incredibly liberating. You can truly focus all of your intention on your goals, no food, no coffee, no social media, no bullshit.

If anyone is feeling curious about trying fasting do it and jump in with both feet!

@Sheens how did it go for you?

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Way to go @fishgodeep!!!

As you said, a favorite part of experiences fasting or IF is the physical sensation that eating less feels much better than eating more.

This week was bittersweet, a complete flop on the 96 hours, and feeling amazing health wise! Loss of 3 pounds without completing the full challenge.

Unexpected for this round was a schedule change at work and after fasting only 48 hours there was a shake in my hands... this is a no go for treating patients. Broke the fast and worked my best all day. Returned to an IF/OMAD. I don't remember a tremble last time and will work around that schedule next time to allow for it.

Eating less and consciously cutting out the sh*t is working well. Combined with workouts, it's becoming my lifestyle.

Another big thanks to @MTF for starting this thread that clicked something in my brain to try water fasts!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Thinking of doing another 3-day water fast this Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Anyone in?

Not sure yet if I'm doing it, will decide tomorrow.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
There's a good chance I'm down for this @MTF!

For any on the fence... it's probably the best thing you can do for your body this month. A few of the only better options would be a medically monitored long fast, detox, and mesenchymal stem cell treatments optimized to your needs : ) (and nope, of course this is not professional medical advice)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
There's a good chance I'm down for this @MTF!

For any on the fence... it's probably the best thing you can do for your body this month. A few of the only better options would be a medically monitored long fast, detox, and mesenchymal stem cell treatments optimized to your needs : ) (and nope, of course this is not professional medical advice)

Cool, let's do it!

For everyone else thinking about it, here's a good science-based article about it:

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Yes, I'm in for sure!

Your plan is to have last meal Wed night and then first meal Sunday morning or Saturday night?

I'm doing water only and maybe pinches of Redmond sea salt here and there.

For the other topics I mentioned in the post above, below are a couple resources that I have no affiliation with.

They have great info and break down the science. Met the awesome owner of Dream Body in Puerto Vallarta last month and I'll be planning a trip back. A medically supervised extended fasting, infrared sauna, and this type of stem cell protocol is where I would look for detoxifications, managing/preventing disease, and optimizing cell function.

TrueNorth Health Foundation | Live Longer, Live Better

Dream Body Clinic Stem Cell Therapy Stem Cells HGH

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Excellent, @Sheens.

Your plan is to have last meal Wed night and then first meal Sunday morning or Saturday night?

Last meal Wednesday and the first meal Sunday morning. So more than 72 hours actually. I'll have my last meal today around 8 PM and then the next one probably somewhere around 10 am on Sunday so roughly 86 hours.

I got my mineral water ready. I didn't consume any salt last time, probably won't this time either unless I feel like I need it.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I pretty much fast every day in the morning. Wake up at 6 AM, eat a snack around 10 AM. Lunch at noon.

I've been doing IF for many years already, usually roughly 18-20 hours of fasting and 4-6 hour eating window. Sometimes I also do 36-hour fasts. But a 3-day fast is different since it's way longer. And at least in theory, possibly helps the body rebuild itself (it takes much longer than the standard 16 hours for the process to kickstart).

So to sum up, I'd encourage you to join us :D

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
I've been doing IF for many years already, usually roughly 18-20 hours of fasting and 4-6 hour eating window. Sometimes I also do 36-hour fasts. But a 3-day fast is different since it's way longer. And at least in theory, possibly helps the body rebuild itself (it takes much longer than the standard 16 hours for the process to kickstart).

So to sum up, I'd encourage you to join us :D

Inspiring!!!

James007Hill

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Sep 29, 2019
I did my first 72 hour fast in January having actually failed on two previous attempts (I'm certainly not a "natural" when it comes to fasting). Was a great exercise though and I can definitely second the fact that it is great mental training as well as being physically good for you too.

I now do a 24 hour fast every month and have decided to continue doing a 72 hour fast a couple of times a year. The mental clarity you get is amazing.

Great thread and hope your latest fast goes well!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 1

Finished my last meal a little before 9 PM yesterday (had to eat a salad with some vegetables that wouldn't last until Sunday haha).

Today should be pretty easy as I do 1-day fasts often. Just need to remember to increase my water intake as usually I get a lot of water through fruits and veggies.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Day 1!

I also finished before 9pm last night. Chopped up and prepared extra so that my love has plenty to eat for a day or two!

I haven't been cycling ketosis nearly as much as I have prior to this month so I anticipate it taking longer to drop in. I can check here with blood strips if I get curious enough! It could also lead to having the feeling of hunger aches more pronounced than when I had normal eating windows of 4-6 hours or 1-2 hours daily. We'll see!

These few days are the 0-60 mph off the line start to recalibrate autophagy, taste, and the mind of eating.

We've been hoping many here join us, please do!

I would advise not starting (without medical intervention) for those receiving medical treatments or taking medications, pregnant/breast-feeding, any history of eating disorders, or those that would be extremely physical active during the fasting period. Check with your provider, there can be modifications or a plan made for you to mitigate risk. This is to help our bodies, not harm!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
These few days are the 0-60 mph off the line start to recalibrate autophagy, taste, and the mind of eating.

Yeah I'm hoping it'll be a nice reset for me as well.

We've been hoping many here join us, please do!

We didn't give people much notice so I can understand the reservations. Though if you wait on such ideas longer, usually the fear of the unknown makes you choose status quo.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
We didn't give people much notice so I can understand the reservations. Though if you wait on such ideas longer, usually the fear of the unknown makes you choose status quo

True!

A little over a day felt pretty perfect to not let the unknown and fear of uncomfortable get in the way.

I could also imagine weekend plans are stopping people and we didn't directly tag a crew so they aren't feeling as much of a friendly push : )

Side note- going to finally dive into Michael Singer's books! They arrived while I was away and I've been eagerly anticipating!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Day 2

Day 1 was okay. I was cold the second half of the day but that's usually the first symptom of prolonged fasting for me.

I had very vivid dreams (as I often do when fasting longer) but woke up feeling okay and not hungry. The workout I did today morning went well, too.

So far feeling pretty good. I was most afraid of day 2 so we'll see how it goes later in the day. Day 3 should be psychologically easier since it'll be the final day.

@Sheens, how was your day 1?

Dora Wi

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Aug 19, 2020
Hungary
I do intermittent fasting by not having breakfast, it's usually 15:9 or 16:8, occassionally with longer fasting windows just for the heck of it.
I'm not really good at more prolonged fasting, though. My record is 48 hours and my biggest question is, how do you guys sleep when fasting? :rofl: Even after the hunger cues go away I find it really difficult to fall asleep.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I'm not really good at more prolonged fasting, though. My record is 48 hours and my biggest question is, how do you guys sleep when fasting? :rofl: Even after the hunger cues go away I find it really difficult to fall asleep.

48 hours is solid.

I don't have trouble falling asleep after one day of fasting. Last time I did a 3-day fast I had some issues sleeping so we'll see how it goes tonight and tomorrow.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Day 2!

Whoa, I forgot about the vivid dreams. Waking up scared throughout the night is exhausting.

The rest is good so far! The fact that I don't feel any hunger difference is cool and not surprising biologically.

The weakness is in what I want and not what I need.

Let's get through today feeling awesome @MTF!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
The rest is good so far! The fact that I don't feel any hunger difference is cool and not surprising biologically.

Yes that's very helpful that (physical) hunger isn't a big issue.

I'm 45 hours in, so more than halfway through (the total fasting time will be roughly 84-85 hours). I have a tiny headache and some heart palpitations. The latter, as far as I know, is a common symptom of switching into ketosis.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
how do you guys sleep when fasting? :rofl: Even after the hunger cues go away I find it really difficult to fall asleep.

Hey @Dora Wi - apologize for not really answering your question in my first post above!

If falling asleep is a primary issue, I'd focus a lot on the night routine with avoiding blue lights and have a completely dark room at a cold temp to sleep in. Baths and calming meditation practices.. I'd give it all a chance!

Feeling more tired than usual with a long fast is completely normal. I work out less because I'm far from a fitness beast that can handle anything and everything :rofl: So, feeling more sleepy and having no caffeine allows me to fall asleep pretty easily. I will probably do yoga nidra tonight to try to help with the dreams!

Thinking about the taste of food is far too often on my mind and I'm only in hour 37... lol, time for a glass of hot water!
I have a tiny headache and some heart palpitations. The latter, as far as I know, is a common symptom of switching into ketosis.

If they aren't getting any better, I'd switch up water sources for different electrolytes and/or try sea salt in the next cup. Super common...but doesn't increase the fun level for me! So I also like doing series of stretches and roll outs to relax and loosen up.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
If they aren't getting any better, I'd switch up water sources for different electrolytes and/or try sea salt in the next cup.

I'm mostly drinking mineral water. I drank a cup or two of regular tap water and the palpitations appeared shortly after so maybe I should drink even less of tap water and more of mineral water. I don't like its taste but it does have way more magnesium and sodium.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I'm drinking water with some Himalayan salt now. I hope that it will help with the headache because otherwise I'll have to take a painkiller on an empty stomach (last time I did a 3-day fast I had to take one).

The difference in well-being between morning and now is huge. I hope that tomorrow will be better.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Oh man, I hope that helps and it feels better soon! This would be more fun to do as a live retreat, my support feels empty with words alone!

Have you been stretching and massaging head, neck, and back? One of my favorites is the simple move your chin to your chest, hold, then back up and repeat down to each shoulder. This is one of the rarer cases where headaches aren't as likely to be muscle based but it may help it from getting worse and worse.

I also go for heat and ice to reduce the pain.

The meds are really tough on gut lining but if it's between that and feeling the pounding of a headache for next day, I wouldn't hesitate in the least. ( I would boost up on collagen next week if need to take meds)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Have you been stretching and massaging head, neck, and back? One of my favorites is the simple move your chin to your chest, hold, then back up and repeat down to each shoulder. This is one of the rarer cases where headaches aren't as likely to be muscle based but it may help it from getting worse and worse.

It's not a muscular pain. I get headaches at least 1-2x a month. Fasting seems to bring them out as well. I read it's because of low electrolytes so hoping that salt will do its magic but if I still feel crappy in 30-60 minutes, I'll take ibuprofen. Not a fun fasting experience anymore lol.

I also go for heat and ice to reduce the pain.

Yeah I'm using a gel ice pack.

The meds are really tough on gut lining but if it's between that and feeling the pounding of a headache for next day, I wouldn't hesitate in the least. ( I would boost up on collagen next week if need to take meds)

There's no option for me. If I wait too long before I take one, the pain will be so unbearable I'll get nauseous and literally cry from pain.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Holy cow... yeah, I would have probably already taken it, you are way stronger than I am!

Does sleeping help with your headaches?

Woke up with a slight headache that hasn't gotten worse.. it's from my stupid jumping scared awake and laying in all kinds of positions, mine is more muscle. Day 2 is not over-loaded with positives, lol. Looking forward to Day 3 : )

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Holy cow... yeah, I would have probably already taken it, you are way stronger than I am!

Just took it. I'm feeling super unwell. If this continues I'll have to break my fast...

Does sleeping help with your headaches?

No. The last time I fell asleep trying to ignore my headache, when I woke up the pain was so incredible my girlfriend thought she would have to call an ambulance...

lamboman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 15, 2019
Did you consider supplementing minerals during the fast? The last time I did a fast (which also was the first time, I fasted for 5 days), I felt really bad, heart palpitations, tinnitus, cold etc. So I did a bit more reading on it and some sources suggest to take minerals while water fasting, one source suggests 5,000 mg of sodium, 1,000 mg potassium (potassium chloride or citrate), and 300 mg magnesium malate per day.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.