The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Integrated Advertising: An Opportunity for Storytellers

Marketing, social media, advertising

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Integrated advertising. AKA Product Placement. Television and movies have done it for years. You're absorbed in a story, enjoying yourself. Suddenly one of the characters "could really go for a Starbucks" or maybe they ask someone for coffee and the cafe IS Starbucks.

Movies do it. Television does it. I'm wondering if anyone here does it? @ChickenHawk @MJ DeMarco @MTF -- anyone who tells stories, have you tried teaming up with advertisers for product placement? Seems like a good way to add an income source if you have a big enough audience. Plus you can write it into the story so it feels natural.

"The slowlane is drinking week old coffee. The fastlane is Starbucks triple expresso."

It doesn't have to be books I guess. Any storyteller with a big audience could probably do it. Instagramers, YouTubers, Twitchers. Even some of you with ecommerce brands.

I don't know how the process works because I've never done it. But I imagine it's a matter of reaching out to the company, mentioning your credibility (such as a readership of 100k or whatever), making an offer, and coming to an agreement.

The ads don't have to disrupt the story. They're built into the plot, and they don't break the audience's attention, so it doesn't degrade value the way commercial ad breaks do.

Anyone tried this? I see big YouTubers do it, but haven't seen it from authors and most other storytellers (with the exception of guru cross promotion in courses).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I think that when it comes to product placement, it has to be visual and needs a very big audience (millions) so it's mostly limited to movies and TV shows.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.