The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Integrated Advertising: An Opportunity for Storytellers

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows from Dreams
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 14, 2013
The Underground
Integrated advertising. AKA Product Placement. Television and movies have done it for years. You're absorbed in a story, enjoying yourself. Suddenly one of the characters "could really go for a Starbucks" or maybe they ask someone for coffee and the cafe IS Starbucks.

Movies do it. Television does it. I'm wondering if anyone here does it? @ChickenHawk @MJ DeMarco @MTF -- anyone who tells stories, have you tried teaming up with advertisers for product placement? Seems like a good way to add an income source if you have a big enough audience. Plus you can write it into the story so it feels natural.

"The slowlane is drinking week old coffee. The fastlane is Starbucks triple expresso."

It doesn't have to be books I guess. Any storyteller with a big audience could probably do it. Instagramers, YouTubers, Twitchers. Even some of you with ecommerce brands.

I don't know how the process works because I've never done it. But I imagine it's a matter of reaching out to the company, mentioning your credibility (such as a readership of 100k or whatever), making an offer, and coming to an agreement.

The ads don't have to disrupt the story. They're built into the plot, and they don't break the audience's attention, so it doesn't degrade value the way commercial ad breaks do.

Anyone tried this? I see big YouTubers do it, but haven't seen it from authors and most other storytellers (with the exception of guru cross promotion in courses).

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MTF

Never give up
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 1, 2011
I think that when it comes to product placement, it has to be visual and needs a very big audience (millions) so it's mostly limited to movies and TV shows.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Thanks for the detailed response. I see it similar, in the beginning, you have only a small...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
The day I can afford to pay 800 a month to have someone keep me accountable is the day I've won...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom