The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

INSIDER CALL, SATURDAY AUGUST 29th, 2PM EASTERN, STANDING OUT IN A CROWDED MARKETPLACE

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Call recording (MP3) is posted on the INSIDERS forum.
-----------

Every once in a while, someone comes along and changes how we look at things. We as INSIDERS sometimes get a front row seat to greatness. Over the years, there have been several impact players spend some time with us here at the forum. Authors, business leaders, and successful entrepreneurs that have either used MJ's work as inspiration, or found commonality with the premise of the FastLane and Unscripted books. Today is one of those days.

We've asked our own @Valier (James Jani) to be our special guest on the next INSIDERS call. A prerequisite to you attending the call should be to breeze through his epic gold thread : GOLD! - Creating a Thriving Personal Brand w/ YouTube - A Journal & A Personal Guide.

346,000 YouTube subscribers and climbing. He agreed to do the call because his frequent references to the Millionaire Fastlane have driven a lot of his 346,000 fans to grace the pages of the forum. I am going to spend a bunch of time studying his work to make this interview unlike any other interview you've ever heard. Expect to get inside his head, to learn to think like he thinks, and to walk away with your mind blown about how you might think differently about dominating what ever you are working on. We're not all going to be YouTube influencers, but we can learn from a rising star how to change our thinking from impossible to possible.

Study his channel. James Jani
Let yourself get carried away with his media, his message and his delivery. Ask yourself why he caught fire in a sea of mediocre competitors. Lets dig into this story, take you behind the scenes, and see what we can learn from someone who is driving hard and winning his game. The main subject of the call will be

how to monetize your personal brand, and stand out in a crowded marketplace
INCLUDED AS A BENEFIT OF YOUR EXCLUSIVE INSIDERS MEMBERSHIP

The next call will be on SATURDAY, AUGUST 29th at 2PM Eastern . The call will go live 15 minutes beforehand, giving you time to join in. We will start the call promptly at 2:00PM EASTERN time, and the call should be about a half hour in discussion with time at the end for Q&A. You can dial in to the call, or join on the web. We'd love as many people on the web as possible, with any questions in the chat box so @AllenCrawley can pull them out. You are also welcome to post any advance questions here, as well as follow up questions after the call. We will get to as many as we can in the time allotted. If we can figure it out in time, we may also be able to take a few live calls at the end, but you would be safer to post in the chat or here at the forum. Dial information will be posted on the INSIDE a few days in advance, and the passcodes have all been changed so that this is for current INSIDERS only.

Reminder that these calls are for INSIDERS only. The are not public, put on YouTube, or advertised as a podcast. Do not share your special access instructions with anyone on the Outside. Keep the value of your membership EXCLUSIVE by protecting our mutual interest in confidentiality. No part of the call may be quoted from or published outside of the INSIDERS area of the FastLane Forum.

An encore dial in will be available for anyone that cannot attend the call in person. Post here if you have any questions, suggestions for future calls, or other ideas specific to the INSIDERS call plan.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Valier

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,021%
Apr 3, 2019
UK, London
Every once in a while, someone comes along and changes how we look at things. We as INSIDERS sometimes get a front row seat to greatness. Over the years, there have been several impact players spend some time with us here at the forum. Authors, business leaders, and successful entrepreneurs that have either used MJ's work as inspiration, or found commonality with the premise of the FastLane and Unscripted books. Today is one of those days.

We've asked our own @Valier (James Jani) to be our special guest on the next INSIDERS call. A prerequisite to you attending the call should be to breeze through his epic gold thread : GOLD! - Creating a Thriving Personal Brand w/ YouTube - A Journal & A Personal Guide.

346,000 YouTube subscribers and climbing. He agreed to do the call because his frequent references to the Millionaire Fastlane have driven a lot of his 346,000 fans to grace the pages of the forum. I am going to spend a bunch of time studying his work to make this interview unlike any other interview you've ever heard. Expect to get inside his head, to learn to think like he thinks, and to walk away with your mind blown about how you might think differently about dominating what ever you are working on. We're not all going to be YouTube influencers, but we can learn from a rising star how to change our thinking from impossible to possible.

Let yourself get carried away with his media, his message and his delivery. Ask yourself why he caught fire in a sea of mediocre competitors. Lets dig into this story, take you behind the scenes, and see what we can learn from someone who is driving hard and winning his game. The main subject of the call will be

The next call will be on SATURDAY, AUGUST 29th at 2PM Eastern . The call will go live 15 minutes beforehand, giving you time to join in. We will start the call promptly at 2:00PM EASTERN time, and the call should be about a half hour in discussion with time at the end for Q&A. You can dial in to the call, or join on the web. We'd love as many people on the web as possible, with any questions in the chat box so @AllenCrawley can pull them out. You are also welcome to post any advance questions here, as well as follow up questions after the call. We will get to as many as we can in the time allotted. If we can figure it out in time, we may also be able to take a few live calls at the end, but you would be safer to post in the chat or here at the forum. Dial information will be posted on the INSIDE a few days in advance, and the passcodes have all been changed so that this is for current INSIDERS only.

Reminder that these calls are for INSIDERS only. The are not public, put on YouTube, or advertised as a podcast. Do not share your special access instructions with anyone on the Outside. Keep the value of your membership EXCLUSIVE by protecting our mutual interest in confidentiality. No part of the call may be quoted from or published outside of the INSIDERS area of the FastLane Forum.

An encore dial in will be available for anyone that cannot attend the call in person. Post here if you have any questions, suggestions for future calls, or other ideas specific to the INSIDERS call plan.

Really really looking forward to this.

Having been a part of this forum for a good year and a bit and having extracted so much value from MJ's books and this forum as a whole, it is beyond incredible to get the chance to actually take part in an INSIDERS call.

Still figuring things out as I go along, but what I do know I can't wait to share in this call...

August 29th, here we go!!!

Beebop27

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 22, 2020
Sydney, Australia

This sounds great and very interesting!

I must ask your forgiveness as I am a little stupid, and have a couple of questions.

1. When you say 2pm EST, do you mean zero EST (ie. UK est?)

2. How does the call work? Will you provide a link just prior, like a zoom link or something?

Excuse my ignorance. Just want to make sure I know before waking up at some crazy hour trying to work out this tech stuff.

Thanks

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks for doing this @Valier and @Vigilante.

I know you’re thread says your goal was to brand yourself personally, but watching your videos it seems more that you’ve grown your personal brand using videos that aren’t focused on you. I personally like that.

Beebop27

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 22, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I'm super excited about this one. I can't make it live but I'll catch the replay.

@Beebop27 looks like it's 4AM your time. Make sure you have an active INSIDERS membership
Yeah, I'll definitely set my alarm clock. I'll look into the active INSIDERS membership thing.

Is that like a paid subscription or something? Excuse my laziness. I'll look into it tomorrow.

I'm assuming a link will be sent prior.. anyway.. thanks for the reply

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump ... this happens Aug 29, our email mistakenly said Aug 22!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
My fault. Our private correspondence originally said 22nd and then I moved the call. Another week gives me more time to sound smart in discussion with @Valier. I'm a little intimidated.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
My fault. Our private correspondence originally said 22nd and then I moved the call. Another week gives me more time to sound smart in discussion with @Valier. I'm a little intimidated.
Have you listened to the chat between James and Rob?

Valier

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,021%
Apr 3, 2019
UK, London
but watching your videos it seems more that you’ve grown your personal brand using videos that aren’t focused on you. I personally like that.

Yes!

This is actually something that I'd love to address in the call as well, and it's something that I've been thinking about a lot.

In my videos I've been trying to do a balancing act of discussing other topics, whilst also getting people warmed up to my style and me as a person. It's still something I'm trying to get better at, but it's definitely worth a mention.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Vigilante

There's another great YouTube thread in here by @Phikey that's so different but also getting him the results he wants. (Here's the thread: GOLD! - Ecom Youtube Challenge - Building a channel with 120 videos in 120 days).

What fascinates me is that Sam (Phikey) is doing 120 videos in 120 days. He's going to be THE Google Ads for eCommerce guy on YouTube. He has a process and a team, and his videos improved rapidly because he's doing one a day. (Actually, he batches them up and publishes one a day.) It's a deliberate strategy on Sam's part and I like it.

James has the opposite strategy. Post less regularly, and spend waaay more time on each video. Again, it's a deliberate strategy. James discusses it with Rob in their chat.

Personally, when I want to get up to speed on something I set myself a 30 day challenge where I'll try to create and post a new video every day for 30 days. I improve so much faster than if I was to try and create the perfect video (remember that story of the pottery teacher getting half his students to create the perfect pot and the other half to produce as many pots as they could?). But then at some point it's about creating something excellent and/or remark-able - which is what James has done with his videos that are shared (and MJ with his books).

James has also been very smart about the subject matter, and the thumbnail. Obviously the videos are so well done that his target market watches and shares them. This is what the YouTube algorithm wants because then they can show more ads and make more revenue. I'm curious what James' starting strategy was to get initial views and clicks.

Beebop27

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 22, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Hey bro,

Firstly I want to say
Yes!

This is actually something that I'd love to address in the call as well, and it's something that I've been thinking about a lot.

In my videos I've been trying to do a balancing act of discussing other topics, whilst also getting people warmed up to my style and me as a person. It's still something I'm trying to get better at, but it's definitely worth a mention.
Hey man,
Firstly I want to say I love your videos and style. I also am impressed at your maturity, given your age.

I am also happy (and also fking jealous) of your success.

I will endeavour to make this ungodly timeslot for me (4am), but I also had a question for you.

As a preface... I won't be offended if you don't answer or don't feel in any way obliged to answer.

K?

But was wondering what you use for your video editing? I saw another YouTube video that was released two weeks ago, which is almost identical to yours with regards to editing. Ie. They used that dark blurred oval around their video, and also used the moving textured background which was identical to yours.....which made me think it's a template somewhere in some program...

And it sparked my interest and ...well... I'm assuming you check this page .... And .... Thought I'd ask you here ... Hope you don't mind man..

Also..

I respect it totally if you don't want to dilvulge anything here. .

Another thing I noticed is your response to the tyler1 video. It's very clever of you to re adjust your strategy, as MJ recommends in his book. Test the market, and adjust (pivot) accordingly.

Anyway bro.. love your videos. You have a subscriber and fan here.

Just joking! Hahhaa

This one is for you...

Aka .. respect

Beebop27

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 22, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Ps. My emog
Hey bro,

Firstly I want to say

Hey man,
Firstly I want to say I love your videos and style. I also am impressed at your maturity, given your age.

I will endeavour to make this ungodly timeslot for me (4am), but I also had a question for you.

As a preface... I won't be offended if you don't answer or don't feel in any way obliged to answer.

K?

But was wondering what you use for your video editing? I saw another YouTube video that was released two weeks ago, which is almost identical to yours with regards to editing. Ie. They used that dark blurred oval around their video, and also used the moving textured background which was identical to yours.....which made me think it's a template somewhere in some program...

And it sparked my interest and ...well... I'm assuming you check this page .... And .... Thought I'd ask you here ... Hope you don't mind man..

Also..

Another thing I noticed is your response to the tyler1 video. It's very clever of you to re adjust your strategy, as MJ recommends in his book. Test the market, and adjust (pivot) accordingly.

Just joking! Hahhaa

This one is for you...

Aka .. respect

Ps.my emogys did not come out, so my final comments do not make any sense.

For the record, my initial emogi was giving you the birdy, and the second one was closed hands with much respect...

Much respect to you bro

You are an inspiration to my loser life

Beebop27

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 22, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Hey @Valier,
Your no response is a response. So I respect that.

Just wanted to offer you some value here as described in MJs book.

My question originates from finding something simple to use to make good videos (like your ones).

I'm learning premier Pro and find the process clunky. Like a disabled kid trying to learn how to ride a bike for the first time.

There is a need in the market to create something simple for YouTubers to make videos fast, clean and polished.

Could be a cloud based thing...drag and drop with simple stuff.

Anyway, just sending some non homosexual (not that there is anything wrong with that!!) Love your way and offer some value in my initial question.

Ie. Gold nuggets in people's frustration and complaints

Oh, and I'm also all ears if you still want to share what program u r using...haha.

Valier

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,021%
Apr 3, 2019
UK, London
Hey bro,

Firstly I want to say

Hey man,

K?

Also..

Just joking! Hahhaa

This one is for you...

Aka .. respect

Hey buddy,

Would have got back to you sooner but I didn't receive any notifications for some reason...

So, regarding video editing programs: I use primarily Premiere Pro and After Effects. After Effects for most title graphics and animations, and Premiere Pro to bring it all together.

I saw another YouTube video that was released two weeks ago, which is almost identical to yours with regards to editing. Ie. They used that dark blurred oval around their video, and also used the moving textured background which was identical to yours.....which made me think it's a template somewhere in some program...

Not too sure what you're referring to here, but the only things I use presets for in my videos are transitions and that's about it.

I'm learning premier Pro and find the process clunky

Ahahaha, trust me - I completely sympathise with you here. There is definitely a learning curve to Premiere. I was not a fan at the start either, and found it extremely clunky too, but you get better and better the more you practice, I can promise you that (check my first video to see how different my editing was!).

Hope that helps.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
So pumped for this. Note the Saturday start time. I have spent some time studying and writing some questions, but post your questions HERE and we will include as many of them as we can during the call. We will save some time at the end also for live Q&A. There's still time for you to join the INSIDERS, as this is a member only call. Call dial-in information will be posted maybe tomorrow or Friday on the INSIDE.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Excited for this James, love the videos on your channel and admire your work. Looking forward to the call!

Beebop27

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 22, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Hey buddy,

Would have got back to you sooner but I didn't receive any notifications for some reason...

So, regarding video editing programs: I use primarily Premiere Pro and After Effects. After Effects for most title graphics and animations, and Premiere Pro to bring it all together.

Not too sure what you're referring to here, but the only things I use presets for in my videos are transitions and that's about it.

Ahahaha, trust me - I completely sympathise with you here. There is definitely a learning curve to Premiere. I was not a fan at the start either, and found it extremely clunky too, but you get better and better the more you practice, I can promise you that (check my first video to see how different my editing was!).

Hope that helps.
Hey man,

Thank you so much for replying. Very kind of you.

Yeah interesting. It is something I will just dive into I guess. Your videos remind me also of Lemmino. Kind of edgy...

Anyway, I do seriously think there is a market for drag and drop, easy editing, cloud based. Definitely a niche there, waiting to be filled.

Wish you all the best along your journey man. I will be following you, and hope I can make this interview too.

Still fairly new to this forum, and working it out.

It does kind of have a 90's BBS vibe to it too, but all good.

Keep up the great work man!

Peace out.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Still time to join the INSIDERS before Saturday's call with @Valier

I will be posting the international dial in information on the inside tomorrow morning.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
@becks22 I'll be there, also I'm happy to report I just purchased my first INSIDERS Subscription with revenue earned from my Udemy Course! Go me~ n____n <3

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%