The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Don't Have a Title For This Thread (Yet)

Anything related to matters of the mind

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
I find this forum a special place. I have some kind of emotional attachement to it.

So I decided I would share some of my life experience. I have tried before, but in hindsight, I was not developed yet (and I was 31 when I joined the forum, I am 38 now).

Maybe this will inspire some of you to ... well, just inspire. You don't have to do anything...

I read the Millionaire Fastlane in 2011, I think. I stole it from the internet... yes... but bought the original kindle and paperback since, also shared this book and 'the message' on numerous occassions, so a good act might be a result of a not really great one...

Anyway, I found what I have been looking for. And this is not the Fastlane. While a really great concept, and a useful tool to living fully. Why would we wait till rich or achieving the Fastlane to feel rich and free... And to enjoy life fully.

This makes absolutely no sense to me now.

I am smart now, in hindsight, yes. But I am also, like I wrote above, sharing to, maybe inspire someone, as I have been inspired by this forum, the Book (not the Bible, TMF hahaha), by countless testimonials...

I am not a preacher (sometimes I may sound like one). I am not a guru or anything. If I wanted to attach a label on my forehead, so everyone feels more comfortable, I could call myself a 'leader', of my own life...

Less vauge. More 'meat'. I will try.

Following +3 years of therapy (integrative psychotherapy to be more specific - here in Ireland), some 1.5 year ago I started slowly, in parrallel to the therapy, doing breathwork (Wim Hof for me, but now SOMA too, there is also Holothropic which can cause effects like taking a specific pill). I stumbled upon Joe Dispenza's book You Are The Placebo in Sep 2021. Started doing his meditations around Apr 2022 and doing them daily.

Now I wake up at 4AM, meditate for 1.5-2hrs each day every day.

What does it have to do with this forum / the Fastlane?

I don't know. It might help someone struggling, as I was struggling.

Now I feel wealthy even though my bank account is almost the same as it was 2 years ago.

I feel free, wealthy, because I exercise daily feeling freedom and wealth... This is my answer to 'the Question'.

As with everything. In a simplistic way (event) I came to the conclusion, I have to exercise feeling free to feel free. Sounds mechanistic? Maybe a bit. But why wait for an external event to make me free or 'happy'( I feel happiness is overrated and not that important, finding meaning in the smallest actions is what is really important). Why wait for an external event to allow ourselves to feel *this or that (*whatever you want to feel)

We want to feel loved? Exercise feeling loved.

Want to feel wealthy? Exercise feeling wealthy.

The only warning is this is my experience. I have certain past, my grandparents survived mass ... well I spare you this but atrocities we cannot even imagine... My experience comes after 3+ years of therapy, of almost a year of daily, early morning 4-5 AM, meditations, and then daily exercising feeling positive and inspired... There is more to that but I wanted this to be short.

To finish, I wanted to share a story that inspired me a lot. It still does, and I rewatch it when I need inspiration.

I hope this message helps someone.

Have a Great Day and Life!

Grzegorz (if you pronounce my name correctly, not being Polish, I give you a hundred euro - ok stop with nonsene :D)

View: https://youtu.be/NDiCBnhF5CU

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted88861

I find this forum a special place. I have some kind of emotional attachement to it.

So I decided I would share some of my life experience. I have tried before, but in hindsight, I was not developed yet (and I was 31 when I joined the forum, I am 38 now).

Maybe this will inspire some of you to ... well, just inspire. You don't have to do anything...

I read the Millionaire Fastlane in 2011, I think. I stole it from the internet... yes... but bought the original kindle and paperback since, also shared this book and 'the message' on numerous occassions, so a good act might be a result of a not really great one...

Anyway, I found what I have been looking for. And this is not the Fastlane. While a really great concept, and a useful tool to living fully. Why would we wait till rich or achieving the Fastlane to feel rich and free... And to enjoy life fully.

I am smart now, in hindsight, yes. But I am also, like I wrote above, sharing to, maybe inspire someone, as I have been inspired by this forum, the Book (not the Bible, TMF hahaha), by countless testimonials...

I am not a preacher (sometimes I may sound like one). I am not a guru or anything. If I wanted to attach a label on my forehead, so everyone feels more comfortable, I could call myself a 'leader', of my own life...

Following +3 years of therapy (integrative psychotherapy to be more specific - here in Ireland), some 1.5 year ago I started slowly, in parrallel to the therapy, doing breathwork (Wim Hof for me, but now SOMA too, there is also Holothropic which can cause effects like taking a specific pill). I stumbled upon Joe Dispenza's book You Are The Placebo in Sep 2021. Started doing his meditations around Apr 2022 and doing them daily.

Now I feel wealthy even though my bank account is almost the same as it was 2 years ago.

I feel free, wealthy, because I exercise daily feeling freedom and wealth... This is my answer to 'the Question'.

As with everything. In a simplistic way (event) I came to the conclusion, I have to exercise feeling free to feel free. Sounds mechanistic? Maybe a bit. But why wait for an external event to make me free or 'happy'( I feel happiness is overrated and not that important, finding meaning in the smallest actions is what is really important). Why wait for an external event to allow ourselves to feel *this or that (*whatever you want to feel)

The only warning is this is my experience. I have certain past, my grandparents survived mass ... well I spare you this but atrocities we cannot even imagine... My experience comes after 3+ years of therapy, of almost a year of daily, early morning 4-5 AM, meditations, and then daily exercising feeling positive and inspired... There is more to that but I wanted this to be short.

To finish, I wanted to share a story that inspired me a lot. It still does, and I rewatch it when I need inspiration.

Grzegorz (if you pronounce my name correctly, not being Polish, I give you a hundred euro - ok stop with nonsene :D)

Happy to hear that you're happy :D wellbeing is indeed very important, sometimes really hard to balance. Meditation is so effective if learning from people who can teach it in ways you understand. Eckhart Tolle blew my mind with the Power of Now, seriously. Michael Singer also. Osho is awesome too lol.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
FFS.

Who needs to be wealthy when you can feel wealthy?

I didn't even bring expectations to this thread because it had no title.

Title this thread "Loser thief steals book. Still a loser, (probably) still a thief in 2023"

Wim Hof feels wealthy...because he IS wealthy.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Important edit:
I've made a number of incorrect assumptions.

Unlike the previous recent threads which essentially encouraged people to give up on their goals, the core message of this thread is not financial minimalism, but rather highlights the importance of building a solid psychological foundation and prioritize mental health.

And this is a very important message to listen to, as I've elaborated in my second comment.

Original comment:

As of recently there has been an epidemic with these threads.

If you fail to achieve your financial goals it doesn't mean that financial freedom is stupid and you don't need money. This is yet another forum of self delusion. It is so common that people have written a story about it:

On this forum we will get to the grapes, because we do what we want.
And yes they will be sweet.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Thanks for the suggestion. Having peace of mind is a great foundation to build financial wealth. Although one should be able to feel that without any type of physiological manipulations.

I think if people are miserable broke, they will be miserable during the process, and miserable when their financial situation changes.

I won't be as tough of an audience as the others and am happy you are setting yourself right mentally for better things.
Thanks for buying the books and recommending them.

As of recently there has been an epidemic with these threads.

That's because the World Economic Forum is succeeding at taking people out of the game, removing threats to the agenda. You'll own nothing, buy nothing, and be happy.

People who have convinced themselves they're happy with no money are no threat.

Happy billionaires? Now those people are a threat. Just look at Elon Musk who is now viewed as public enemy #1.

The Fox and the Grapes is spot on. Thanks for the share.

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
Happy to hear that you're happy :D wellbeing is indeed very important, sometimes really hard to balance. Meditation is so effective if learning from people who can teach it in ways you understand. Eckhart Tolle blew my mind with the Power of Now, seriously. Michael Singer also. Osho is awesome too lol.

Thanks for commenting and for the like. Yes, and there is plenty in the space to pick from. Thanks for the suggestion. I will keep them handy.

Title this thread "Acceptance of the slowlane through Wim Hof"

Hi, nice to meet you. Thanks for your comment and time.

Title this thread "Loser thief steals book. Still a loser, (probably) still a thief in 2023"

Hi, thanks for commenting and nice to meet you. People usually don't greet me this way but it is a free world. I find it a bit blunt, abrasive and aggressive so I thought I would call it out as I feel it, but again I didn't write it.

I assume I must have unintentionally challenged some of the deeply rooted beliefs hence the reactions, but the negativity and aggressiveness... well, you can react positively, you can react negatively. Your choice. Whatever serves you best.

---------------------------------------------------------
EDIT 15/03/2023 - I have had to rethink it because this comment threw me out of balance. I am editing it for the most vulnerable people who might read it, or the lurkers, who lurk because of comments like these. Comments like these can have disastrous effects on this place's rep!

It doesn't come from a random person but from one of the most productive people on this forum who has a high rep. With high rep comes high responsibility.

This comment actually gives me grounds to seek legal action against Lex DeVille as it is in the area of libel - he doesn't know me, there is no context, outside of what I wrote, but in my opinion, it doesn't give anyone right to write what Lex wrote (to accuse me of being a thief). I am leaving it as is but if someone feels it is out of place please DM me. I will repeat. Really vulnearble people come here and read it...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Wim Hof feels wealthy...because he IS wealthy.

I have read his book, his scientific experiments, am doing his breathwork ... can enumerate. Where did you find this? Where did he say that he feels wealthy because he is wealthy? I am curious.

If you fail to achieve your financial goals it doesn't mean that financial freedom is stupid and you don't need money. This is yet another forum of self delusion. It is so common that people have written a story about it:

Thanks for commenting.

I never wrote financial freedom is stupid and we don't need money. I never wrote I fail to achieve my financial goals. Even if I do it is a normal thing to fail. I fail at many things daily. Can you elaborate a bit more because I don't understand - maybe point me to what I wrote there, what made you comment this way?

I won't be as tough of an audience as the others and am happy you are setting yourself right mentally for better things.

Thanks for visiting my thread MJ.

I owe a lot to you so wanted to thank you for taking your path, and creating everything, the books, the forum. I am really grateful. Buying your books and spreading the word is the least I could do.

I find TMF really authentic, a lot of truth there which in my opinion makes it a great book.

I am challenging it a bit but not writing that your concepts are inaccurate or, as one above wrote 'stupid'.

I just look at life, at us holistically and find your concepts, as I wrote, great tools to achieve something but a part of life, not the whole. Hope this makes it a bit clearer for everyone. I wouldn't come here and comment to look for validation or challenge someone because of my ego. I am looking for the truth. The Fastlane is only the part of it.

Last edited:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Can you elaborate a bit more because I don't understand - maybe point me to what I wrote there, what made you comment this way?
I've made a number of assumptions based on a few recent posts and my comment wasn't necessarily aimed at you specifically, but rather at the whole idea of the "virtue" of being poor and money being evil and unnecessary, which is one of the most delusional concepts I've ever came across.

My personal life philosophy is that health and mental health is the most important thing in our lives, and should be made the top priority at all times.

Money is awesome. You can take it and do amazing things, improve your life and other people's lives. But all powerful tools are inherently dangerous if you do not know how to use them, and money makes no exception.

For this reason, you need to build a solid psychological foundation and learn how to organize your mind, emotions, and the financial resources that you have at your disposal. Otherwise you will not be able to handle your freedom and will end up mentally ill, addicted, or face down in a ditch.

Money is not the root of your life. You are the root of your life, and money is one of the tools that you need to master to successfully navigate in this world.

AayushT8999

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Nov 26, 2022
Thanks for the suggestion. Having peace of mind is a great foundation to build financial wealth. Although one should be able to feel that without any type of physiological manipulations.

I think if people are miserable broke, they will be miserable during the process, and miserable when their financial situation changes.

That's because the World Economic Forum is succeeding at taking people out of the game, removing threats to the agenda. You'll own nothing, buy nothing, and be happy.

People who have convinced themselves they're happy with no money are no threat.

Happy billionaires? Now those people are a threat. Just look at Elon Musk who is now viewed as public enemy #1.

The Fox and the Grapes is spot on. Thanks for the share.
Truth be told I too hate fake editions for now as My mom didn't let Me buy real paper book.
I will buy real ones anyway even after completing them I would still buy real one.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

You know precisely why you were responded to abrasively. Your first guess is the correct answer.

Why would we wait till rich or achieving the Fastlane to feel rich

You're 38 and self-admittedly have not accomplished anything you've wanted in life. You're disappointed in yourself and rightfully so. Sadly, instead of changing it and nullifying the pain at the source, you choose to hide the symptoms through forgetting about it under Wim Hof's breath-work.

Don't escape your problems. Solve them.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Don't escape your problems. Solve them.
I think he's starting to.

Notice how he's reacting to the criticism. It's different than most people who come on here and say the stuff he said.

This dude took the time to work on himself. He got himself to a point where he is more solid. He's genuinely curious about what's going on.

He doesn't sound triggered. He's engaging in conversation.

That's a start. You've got to get your mind right if you're going to succeed in this life.

That said, your mind isn't all the way right.

Feeling wealthy and being wealthy are two different things. They are two completely different worlds. You are lying to yourself if you think they're the same thing.

Feeling like I am capable of handling what life can throws at me, capable of handling my own emotional reaction to that, that feeling is freedom.

But I still can't afford the private flights where I could just drive my car, get on a plane, and go where I want to go. That's a different kind of freedom.

Let's not confuse the two.

I can have a full life, filled with people I love. And I shouldn't let my pursuit of business success get in the way of that. I can spend all my life feeling spiritually wealthy.

And I also would argue that's more important than feeling monetarily wealthy.

But I'm not going to tell you that if you're spiritually wealthy, that's the same thing as monetarily wealthy.

People who do that are lying to themselves, and lying to others.

That's why you met with hostility. To the extent that you might actually believe this is true, just shows that you're deluding yourself.

You've built a nice foundation for you to continue to construct a life on.

Your next step is to actually build that life. Because your bank account hasn't grown in 2 years. Which means you're 2 years closer to old age. Two years closer to really needing that bank account to work for you. 2 years closer to being unable to work for it.

That's the truth that you're ignoring. You still got the young man's disease. You still think you have all the time in the world.

Get to work.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
I do too. I hope it still does for you.

The atmosphere in the forum seems to have changed recently.
Sure it has,

There is a lot of aggression in here sometimes.

Wonder what is happening.

But the person who started this thread should be commended for taking it in and responding peacefully, to a great extent.

@Everyman congs for the maturity. Sometimes criticism comes with force and aggression. We may decide to take it in and learn and move for the better.

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
I've made a number of assumptions based on a few recent posts and my comment wasn't necessarily aimed at you specifically, but rather at the whole idea of the "virtue" of being poor and money being evil and unnecessary, which is one of the most delusional concepts I've ever came across.

My personal life philosophy is that health and mental health is the most important thing in our lives, and should be made the top priority at all times.

Money is awesome. You can take it and do amazing things, improve your life and other people's lives. But all powerful tools are inherently dangerous if you do not know how to use them, and money makes no exception.

For this reason, you need to build a solid psychological foundation and learn how to organize your mind, emotions, and the financial resources that you have at your disposal. Otherwise you will not be able to handle your freedom and will end up mentally ill, addicted, or face down in a ditch.

Money is not the root of your life. You are the root of your life, and money is one of the tools that you need to master to successfully navigate in this world.

Thank you again @heavy_industry ! Thank you for the like and your input. Great input adding a lot of value to this thread.

Truth be told I too hate fake editions for now as My mom didn't let Me buy real paper book.
I will buy real ones anyway even after completing them I would still buy real one.

Thanks for sharing and commenting. Great attitude.

You're 38 and self-admittedly have not accomplished anything you've wanted in life. You're disappointed in yourself and rightfully so. Sadly, instead of changing it and nullifying the pain at the source, you choose to hide the symptoms through forgetting about it under Wim Hof's breath-work.

That's a lot of stuff after reading my one entry, in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing and your input. I can only ask you to follow this thread and see. Maybe you will find some value in it. I have found in your comment and have a feeling you will too if you stay.

Feeling wealthy and being wealthy are two different things. They are two completely different worlds. You are lying to yourself if you think they're the same thing.

Thanks for commenting and your input @BizyDad . A lot of great points and things to work with. I will try to expand later from a different angle but now answering directly.

I allow myself to think about if feeling and being are two different things. I am not saying they are, not saying they aren't.

I allow myself to leave it unanswered too in the end. Even if my thought process gives me a clear answer.

Anyway, how can we know if we are wealthy (being) if we don't feel wealthy? Is it because the external world tells us we are, then we can feel wealthy?

If I don't feel wealthy with a huge stack of physical assets then, am I wealthy in the end?

How do I know? Because my friends/family (external environment) tell me? Why would I believe their opinion, they are not me? I don't know.

Feeling like I am capable of handling what life can throws at me, capable of handling my own emotional reaction to that, that feeling is freedom.

This one is great. Yes, absolutely. I started working on this a couple of years ago and now see huge results. Taking action - attracting results :)

But I still can't afford the private flights where I could just drive my car, get on a plane, and go where I want to go. That's a different kind of freedom.

If this is what winds your clock then hey, cool Man. I am not bothered by these but if I will be / or if I am, then I still learn, but do it to as well now, I own the feeling of lack, at least this is what I understood from your comment.

If I don't have something I want, and it creates the feeling of lack in me, then I just want to take responsibility for it. Own it. As you said above about owning emotional reactions.

I can have a full life, filled with people I love. And I shouldn't let my pursuit of business success get in the way of that. I can spend all my life feeling spiritually wealthy.

And I also would argue that's more important than feeling monetarily wealthy.

Cool, nice point and thanks for sharing.

But I'm not going to tell you that if you're spiritually wealthy, that's the same thing as monetarily wealthy.

People who do that are lying to themselves, and lying to others.

You are right. These are two separate concepts. I agree.

I wouldn't be as tough on these people. But I agree there might be some who are deluding themselves.

That's why you met with hostility. To the extent that you might actually believe this is true, just shows that you're deluding yourself.

I accept criticism with open heart and mind. You are civil, professional in you critisicm. I don't accept abuse, arrogance and, I also reedited my reply to Lex's comment because someone vulnerable might see it and be discuouraged to 'unlurk'. And 99.99% of this forum is great!

I didn't deserve abuse and libel! No one deserves abuse. My original post was not aggresive, abusive, arrogant... maybe stupid or vauge or sounding a bit wishy washy. But it doesn't give anyone right to be abusive and possible break the law.

I recommend to follow, to wait until I develop this thread more to see. I am ok with your opinion. If you think I am deluding myself then cool. I can only ask you to visit now and then and see. Maybe you will find some value for yourself. Just as I have found value in your comments and feedback. I am not convincing you to change your mind or anything.

You've built a nice foundation for you to continue to construct a life on.

Thank you for your kind words!

Your next step is to actually build that life. Because your bank account hasn't grown in 2 years. Which means you're 2 years closer to old age. Two years closer to really needing that bank account to work for you. 2 years closer to being unable to work for it.

Again, if this motivates you then... It is your life. I am not worried about age, death etc... as much anymore. I am learning and practising living in present more and more, and in present there is not anxiety about future (e.g. being closer to death) or past (e.g. lost two years). And it is also the best place to create - as you mentioned - build that life!

That's the truth that you're ignoring. You still got the young man's disease. You still think you have all the time in the world.

See my comment above ;)

I do too. I hope it still does for you.

Thanks Andy. Thanks for your guidance.

Also thanks for your input - I have used your Adwords course and it is great. Without really going into details and refining it, I managed to get 50% gross margin (which in my case was net margin too, cause no overheads) from day 1. To anyone reading it, @Andy Black is the Adwords Guy!

Sure it has,

There is a lot of aggression in here sometimes.

Wonder what is happening.

But the person who started this thread should be commended for taking it in and responding peacefully, to a great extent.

@Everyman congs for the maturity. Sometimes criticism comes with force and aggression. We may decide to take it in and learn and move for the better.

Thanks you for commenting and sharing and the like.

Thank you for your really nice words.

I 'blame' political situation (lockdowns, inflation etc etc etc). We have a hangover after lockdowns, and now into other problems with this mental lockdown debt, as I call it.

Last edited:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Thank you again @heavy_industry ! Thank you for the like and your input. Great input adding a lot of value to this thread.
Thanks for starting this thread man!

I've edited my first comment and added a preface to it, so things are more clear.

Speaking of the pandemic and the lockdowns:
I used to believe that those 2 years of insanity were completely wasted and they were the worst period of my life.

But now when I look back on 2020-2021, I start to understand that this was the most important period of my life and has taught me one of the most important lessons:

How the world is, is none of your business. But how you decide to respond it it is 100% your responsibility.

You may not always have control over what is happening around you. But what is happening within you, should be entirely under your control at all times.

When the world goes crazy, you should make sure that you're not going crazy as well. And yes, the world is going crazy at least once every 50 years. We can pick up any history book and see for ourselves.

How we respond to events is our last human freedom, as elaborated by Viktor Frankl in the book "Man's search for meaning".

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
I've edited my first comment and added a preface to it, so things are more clear.

Thanks Man!

the core message of this thread is not financial minimalism, but rather highlights the importance of building a solid psychological foundation and prioritize mental health.

Yes, in my opinion, the better mental health is, the higher chances of achieving wealth (including monetary/physical assets wealth). While I might have been a bit unclear and might have suggested that physical wealth is unimportant... You nailed it.

Thanks for the explanation Man.

I just believe that, even this forum, well... it has this subcategory 'Mindset and Self-Development', which means we can discuss it too. We actually should. While at the same time, the main theme is achieving freedom by using the roadmap (the Fastlane).

EDIT: One point which I will touch later is e.g. homelessness among men (majority of the homeless are men), same with suicide, same with depression if I recall correctly... Not to mention the average life expectancy men vs women difference...

I used to believe that those 2 years of insanity were completely wasted and they were the worst period of my life.

Yep, me too... And a lot of people at first, I am guessing.

How the world is, is none of your business. But how you decide to respond it it is 100% your responsibility.

If you don't mind presenting my position.

I believe the more we know the better we can be - so the first part of this thought doesn't resonate with me fully as I am really interested in how I feel the world / interpret the world (so we might say - how it is;)) and react to it, which is your next point.

You may not always have control over what is happening around you. But what is happening within you, should be entirely under your control at all times.

In a perfect world / ideal situation. This is something everyone can work on and is really important - the way we react / don't react to what is outside defines a bit our freedom. To what extent we are slaves to the external environment.

How we respond to events is our last human freedom, as elaborated by Viktor Frankl in the book "Man's search for meaning".

I love this book. Classic. Great inspiration. Nice you brought it up.

Though a lot has been done since he wrote it and worked in the field.

I recommend this one below to everyone who liked Viktor Frankl's book. It basically expands on the subject and does it pretty well - more holistic and scientific approach to his. And look, there is the word 'happiness' and no word 'money' next to it... OMG how could she?!?!!!! (sorry, I am being ironical). Instead she mentions 'meaning'.

Last edited:

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland