The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finding Mentors/ Getting Started from Scratch [21 year old Electrical Engg College Student]

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

killion

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 5, 2019
Not a Long Time Ago I got my hands on the Millionaire Fastlane , ever since then I want to start my own hustle and not do a 9-5 like my peers. I'll be graduating in 2021. I am scared for my future honestly and want to generate an income stream immediately, I don't care if it doesn't make me enough money in the beginning coz I'll improve on it gradually.
My main issue here is finding a mentor IRL who has walked this path before and can guide me throughout. Many people who have done good in their business life have had mentors. As a beginner who has nothing to show, how can I find a mentor? And what steps have others taken when they were in my place to get to the top (getting out of the rat race)?
I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post his question.
Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Not a Long Time Ago I got my hands on the Millionaire Fastlane , ever since then I want to start my own hustle and not do a 9-5 like my peers. I'll be graduating in 2021. I am scared for my future honestly and want to generate an income stream immediately, I don't care if it doesn't make me enough money in the beginning coz I'll improve on it gradually.
My main issue here is finding a mentor IRL who has walked this path before and can guide me throughout. Many people who have done good in their business life have had mentors. As a beginner who has nothing to show, how can I find a mentor? And what steps have others taken when they were in my place to get to the top (getting out of the rat race)?
I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post his question.
Thank you
Welcome.

Don’t be scared, be excited. : )

There’s a few threads about mentorship in here. Search or Google for them.

I suggest soaking up some of the threads and to start following people you find interesting and who’s values and posts resonate. Then use your newsfeed to keep up on what they like and post.

There’s even a few threads suggesting who to follow.

Benji90

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Nov 3, 2019
If you read the fastlane then you shouldn't be afraid, you should be enlightened.

People sometimes confuse nervousness with excitement, you're young enough to make mistakes so dont worry about nailing it straight away.

Consume the content on here (I just signed up and I'm bombarded by information) and maybe talk to a few people on here before actively looking for a mentor.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Be careful tying yourself to a single mentor. Maybe they are not as right for you as you think now.

You have a whole load of mentors you can read from and discuss with every day on this forum though.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
As already stated above. There are plenty of people that can help right here.

I used to be the manager of a technical department at HP. I was always bothered by the people in the department that needed hand holding to get started. Resources were everywhere. Of course sometimes training was required for complicated processes or tools. But, even then, I loved to see the resourceful people make things happen.

When I got started in the apartment business, I asked one person repeatedly to help me get started. He was a friend of mine by this time but was also a subordinate. He just repeated the same answer. "Just go buy one". He felt that nothing would teach me like experience.

I ended up purchasing books and developed my own process. Good thing. I turned out that his process was not something I wanted to leverage from. In fact, he went in partners with me on some deals that I found.

Mentor not needed.

As others have stated, fear is a problem. A major red flag. Fear will STOP you from moving forward. Figure out how to remove that from your feelings and vocabulary.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
You should read this thread - Written by Demarco: