The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Finding Mentors/ Getting Started from Scratch [21 year old Electrical Engg College Student]

killion

New Contributor
Nov 5, 2019
Not a Long Time Ago I got my hands on the Millionaire Fastlane, ever since then I want to start my own hustle and not do a 9-5 like my peers. I'll be graduating in 2021. I am scared for my future honestly and want to generate an income stream immediately, I don't care if it doesn't make me enough money in the beginning coz I'll improve on it gradually.
My main issue here is finding a mentor IRL who has walked this path before and can guide me throughout. Many people who have done good in their business life have had mentors. As a beginner who has nothing to show, how can I find a mentor? And what steps have others taken when they were in my place to get to the top (getting out of the rat race)?
I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post his question.
Thank you

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Andy Black

Any colour, as long as it's red.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Not a Long Time Ago I got my hands on the Millionaire Fastlane, ever since then I want to start my own hustle and not do a 9-5 like my peers. I'll be graduating in 2021. I am scared for my future honestly and want to generate an income stream immediately, I don't care if it doesn't make me enough money in the beginning coz I'll improve on it gradually.
My main issue here is finding a mentor IRL who has walked this path before and can guide me throughout. Many people who have done good in their business life have had mentors. As a beginner who has nothing to show, how can I find a mentor? And what steps have others taken when they were in my place to get to the top (getting out of the rat race)?
I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post his question.
Thank you
Welcome.

Don’t be scared, be excited. : )

There’s a few threads about mentorship in here. Search or Google for them.

I suggest soaking up some of the threads and to start following people you find interesting and who’s values and posts resonate. Then use your newsfeed to keep up on what they like and post.

There’s even a few threads suggesting who to follow.

Benji90

New Contributor
Nov 3, 2019
If you read the fastlane then you shouldn't be afraid, you should be enlightened.

People sometimes confuse nervousness with excitement, you're young enough to make mistakes so dont worry about nailing it straight away.

Consume the content on here (I just signed up and I'm bombarded by information) and maybe talk to a few people on here before actively looking for a mentor.

MattR82

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 4, 2015
Perth
Be careful tying yourself to a single mentor. Maybe they are not as right for you as you think now.

You have a whole load of mentors you can read from and discuss with every day on this forum though.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2007
As already stated above. There are plenty of people that can help right here.

I used to be the manager of a technical department at HP. I was always bothered by the people in the department that needed hand holding to get started. Resources were everywhere. Of course sometimes training was required for complicated processes or tools. But, even then, I loved to see the resourceful people make things happen.

When I got started in the apartment business, I asked one person repeatedly to help me get started. He was a friend of mine by this time but was also a subordinate. He just repeated the same answer. "Just go buy one". He felt that nothing would teach me like experience.

I ended up purchasing books and developed my own process. Good thing. I turned out that his process was not something I wanted to leverage from. In fact, he went in partners with me on some deals that I found.

Mentor not needed.

As others have stated, fear is a problem. A major red flag. Fear will STOP you from moving forward. Figure out how to remove that from your feelings and vocabulary.

Ismails

Life Student
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 7, 2019
You should read this thread - Written by Demarco:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom