The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

F*ck This Guy - Tai Lopez

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
guys, a lot of people make fun of him but he has got 750,000 followers on youtube

so maybe , he is not that stupid...

what would you do with 750,000 followers ?

in case you don't understand what it means, there are close to 35, 000 users on this forum

(35,000 / 750,000 ) x 100 = 4,66 %

MJ DeMarco doesn't even have 5 % of the audience of Tai Lopez

so yes i would rather be a moron with 750,000 subscriber instead of being a smart guy with 500 subscribers like a lot of people on youtube

being smart means mastering people's psychology and Tai Lopez is a Grand Master

Grand Master Tai Lopez versus Smart experts : 1-0

checkmate

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
guys, a lot of people make fun of him but he has got 750,000 followers on youtube

in case you don't understand what it means, there are close to 35, 000 users on this forum

so yes i would rather be a moron with 750,000 subscriber instead of being a smart guy with 500 subscribers like a lot of people on youtube

chekmate

at the end of the day however @MJ DeMarco produces QUALITY content through his forum and books; Tai Lopez attracts viewers with MTV style cribs spoofs and car giveaways (which I heard one year was rigged to his buddies) its just a matter of quality over quantity. MJ is happy with the followers he has because they are not the type that would fall for the antics of a Tai Lopez.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
Tai Lopez is a fastlaner with a sidewalk following.

MJ is a fastlaner with a fastlane following.

Given the number of people on the sidewalk vs the number of people in the fastlane, I'd be pretty happy with 5%.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

checkmate

Math is hard.

The forum gets over 500,000 unique visitors per month.

While your fanboy status about the OP is not necessarily incorrect (although there are many conspiracy theories about Tai), the analogy to the traction this forum has is completely misunderstood...by you.

You know you can buy YouTube views and subscribers, right?

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I have a hard time believing you're not a troll, the longer you're here the worse the quality of your posts are and I'm not the 1st person around here mention it.

My brain auto tunes him out.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

checkmate

It's just a joke, bro!

UncleIroh

1079252849 kph
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Oct 20, 2016
Buenos Aires, Argentina
What tai is doing is the future of marketing. He exploited youtube ads, he knows how much each subscriber is worth. His funnel is his snapchat youtube and instagram content. His lifestyle is what generates sales. Its interesting what he is doing. I keep an eye on him and his marketing. Try seeing what good you can take from him.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
No but for real. This guy in the video gave more concrete advice than Tai. Although he used Tai's words to create it he made a success equation that can actually be followed based off of mathematics.

Success=Destiney+Mentors^3

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
No but for real. This guy in the video gave more concrete advice than Tai. Although he used Tai's words to create it he made a success equation that can actually be followed based off of mathematics.

Success=Destiney+Mentors^3
And you don't have to pay 3 separate installments of $29.99 (or however much Tai Lopez charges).

I just wonder, what kind of information is even worth that much? MJ's book only costs $12, and will forever be worth 100x the b.s. Tai Lopez teaches.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

Tai Lopez is definitely not stupid. He's a global celebrity, and has absolutely made >$1,000,000 in the last year, unless he's a complete fool.

But, as MJ alluded to in the early chapters of TMF , he's one of the guys who didn't get there by teaching people how he made millions.

He made millions by telling people how to make millions, before he made millions.

He's a marketing genius. I'd hire him to sell anything.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
And you don't have to pay 3 separate installments of $29.99 (or however much Tai Lopez charges).

I just wonder, what kind of information is even worth that much? MJ's book only costs $12, and will forever be worth 100x the b.s. Tai Lopez teaches.

"Yea but MJ doesn't have 7 super cars 3 mansions a private jet and hot babes in his videos. Why would I not spend a few extra bucks for that kind of success? After all I need some mentors and a book can't mentor me. I'd rather pay for 67 steps that tell me what I need to do than decode a book." ~Mr. Sidewalk

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
"Yea but MJ doesn't have 7 super cars 3 mansions a private jet and hot babes in his videos. Why would I not spend a few extra bucks for that kind of success? After all I need some mentors and a book can't mentor me. I'd rather pay for 67 steps that tell me what I need to do than decode a book." ~Mr. Sidewalk
I read that in MJ's voice. Good job.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Oh my god.. this is the thread i've been looking for... now only to get those mentors.. and follow those 47 SIMPLE SIMPLE steps... yup yup gonna do that tomorrow

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO

Jambla

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 2, 2015
UK
God bless Tai Lopez. He brought me here!
Yet look what shows up on the first page when you Google Tai Lopez

View attachment 13857

oh hai, one of them is from this very forum.
Exactly how I discovered this forum and the book. I saw his video and decided to google him to check out his credibility and that lead me to here . I never did buy his course but I bought MJ's book.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Interesting to read the comments on this video, people saying his program is good and others asking is it good, and some even saying I know he's full of it but it must still be valuable right?

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Interesting to read the comments on this video, people saying his program is good and others asking is it good, and some even saying I know he's full of it but it must still be valuable right?
I'm sure it is. Here on the FLF, we just like to rip on marketers. ;)

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

checkmate

trollface-dancing.gif

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
MJ is a fastlaner with a fastlane following.

It's a little bit deeper than this.

There is no question, absolutely none, that Tai's "brand" is insanely valuable right now. It's a global viral phenomenon, with all associated YT videos at well over 100,000,000 views, 700k subs, 1M IG followers, similar SnapChat numbers, etc. He's name-dropped constantly (as a joke) on absolutely every branch of social media. And, as Donald Trump just taught everyone, if you're brought up constantly, even as an object of ridicule or derision, for long enough, eventually, you win big. The fact that he keeps taking up thread space on this forum, over and over, is evidence of just how insanely large his reach is.

But I don't think his brand will still be winning big in 5 years. Not in its current form, anyway.

I first found TMF years ago, and unlike almost every other business book I read around that time, it still rings just as true, and is just as helpful today. That's the magic of TMF , not that it was ever the "IT" thing of the moment, with hundreds of millions of shares, sales, and comments, but that it keeps being valuable year after year because it's not built on fakery or false images, but something really true, waiting there for anyone who is ready to see it, with no strings attached.

TMF is the paradigmatic example of a fastlane win, because the need-solving value, the logevity, the care, and the quality that went into it continue to make it earn money for the creator without spending the five or six figures a month that Tai must spend on advertising, because the item itself is valuable.

Tai would fade away quickly without new content and huge ad spend, because the genesis of his brand, its core value proposition, is smoke and mirrors and feel-good talk. That's the difference.

QDF

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jan 1, 2014

He's name-dropped constantly (as a joke) on absolutely every branch of social media. And, as Donald Trump just taught everyone, if you're brought up constantly, even as an object of ridicule or derision, for long enough, eventually, you win big. The fact that he keeps taking up thread space on this forum, over and over, is evidence of just how insanely large his reach is.

If there's one thing to learn from Tai Lopez, it's this. Play into your biggest critics. Tai isn't stupid. He knows people make parody videos of him and make fun of him, and he probably knew this before he even promoted the videos.

But he takes the specific elements from his original videos that people criticized him for the most ("KNAAWLEDGE, books, and exotic cars), and instead of avoiding those elements, he emphasizes them and makes his future videos even more outlandish to the point where he's almost mocking everyone. Just look at his most recent ad as an example....7 exotic cars?

TL;DR = If you want more attention, find out what rubs people the wrong way and troll the hell out of them

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
so yes i would rather be a moron with 750,000 subscribers

How about a moron with zero subscribers and zero fans?

+1. :)

because the genesis of his brand

You've hit something here few understand. So many people have businesses where marketing IS the brand. If the marketing stopped and the video shoots ended, so would the brand. In other words, the product (whatever that is at any given moment) would not live on because the product is not the sizzle that's frying the bacon.

Last edited:

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
God bless Tai Lopez. He brought me here!

Exactly how I discovered this forum and the book. I saw his video and decided to google him to check out his credibility and that lead me to here . I never did buy his course but I bought MJ's book.

Interestingly enough, the first book I ever read on business was Rich Dad, Poor Dad. Now, I learned absolutely nothing of practical use from that book, and I've been quite vocal on this forum about how I think Kiyosaki is a fraud, but seeking answers is what lead me to MJ and this forum.

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I learned absolutely nothing of practical use from that book

It's extremely basic. However, to say there's nothing of any practical use in it is not very charitable. Consider these four points:

Rich people acquire assets. The poor and middle class acquire liabilities, but think they are assets.

The state of investment income exceeding expenses is being “wealthy.”

Your profession is not your business, because you work for someone else.

You business revolves around your asset column. Focus on acquiring assets, not increasing income.

If you'd never heard any of those four things before RDPD, and you took them to heart after reading RDPD, the book was worth the price of admission. Shoot, it would have been a bargain at 5 times the price. If you've already started a business, then it's a waste of time.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
You business revolves around your asset column. Focus on acquiring assets, not increasing income.

Rep++ for that one sentence, even if you cribbed it from Kiyosaki.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.