The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

my fte (f*ck this event)

Share your FTE moment...

shawnyp

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Mar 13, 2021
Hi everyone, I just joined the Fastlane forum and wanted to introduce myself. The straight facts are that I need a change. I'm very unhappy with the path I am on. I am 20 years old, currently in the first year of my business degree, and just recently got a new job as an insurance broker. Sweet right? Making $20 an hour while in school so I can eventually make even more? Wow I must be on the road to success. The fact is that I hate all of it. My job is boring as hell, and the only way to advance is spend countless hours studying useless insurance principles to upgrade your license. Business school is mostly a waste of time, and I disagree with so many of the ideas presented, and even wrote a piece in my assignment on investing today explaining that making 8% a year for 50 years straight and retiring a millionaire isn't feasible. Especially when that 8% is coming from high-interest saving accounts, and bonds? Give me a break. All that aside, I realize that I have to be realistic, and can't just drop everything and say I'm an entrepreneur, or that I at least shouldn't. That is why I am setting a goal, for March 17th, 2022, exactly one year from the day I'm posting this, to be able to make enough money on my own to quit my job. I know that's asking for a lot, but I really don't need a lot of money to survive. I'm talking like $1000 a month. I believe this is very well within my reach, even with the time constraints of full time work and school. My end goal, is to be an entrepreneur. I previously believed my work and school would prepare me for this, but now I know that it isn't. I have just been using that to rationalize the fact that I'm scared to start, so I use school + work as reasoning to delay. I don't know what I am going to do as a side hustle yet, and I know that anyone who reads this is probably thinking I'm going to be motivated for a week, and then quit. The reality is, I've been building up to this for quite some time. But that little voice is telling me that reading another book, or exercising or meditating isn't going to get me closer to my goals of being free from the obligations of a 9-5. I'd love to talk with anyone who is or has gone through a similar experience, or if anyone has any tips or side hustle ideas, feel free to send a reply. I'm going to be doing some research after this and hope to at least have an idea, and take some steps to begin, before the end of this week. If you read this far, thanks for reading, and I wish you the best of luck on your entrepreneurial journey :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...