The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Earning $5.5K/mo at 16: I'm doing it.

Anything related to matters of the mind

KrisRomer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
517%
Jan 24, 2023
Which niche did you choose ?
Non-disclosed, don't want too many competitors. Sorry! If you are interested in starting I highly recommend watching Ryan Mak and Max Perzon on Youtube.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
You are a little too mysterious
He is keeping his business protected.

He's actually being surprisingly smart for somebody who's so new. He doesn't want to divulge everything.

Instead of judging him, why don't you build something for yourself and let other people ask you every little detail of it and see how much of it you really want to divulge.

Last edited:

ninjacopywriter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 14, 2023
. The first one helped me so much because you taught me that a sales call shouldn't be a sales call, but just a comfortable chat
wow I LOVE this mindset..it actually makes me less tense about the thought of selling (need to learn this skill too)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
wow I LOVE this mindset..it actually makes me less tense about the thought of selling (need to learn this skill too)
Watch that video then. Ignore my hands waving... I was tired and trying to be energetic to stay awake.

Another good thread you might like is:

And check out the Inbound/sales thread in my signature.

Heck, check out the first two rows of links in my signature.

PS: Kudos for you getting stuck into the forum and replying to give thanks. I suspect you'll go far and fast.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
552%
Apr 17, 2022
how did you do it ?
can you explain the process in detail ?
@KrisRomer Where are you from ?
Why ? Is there a reason ?
in how long did you manage to find the information,create the company,find customers and make profit ?

Have you talked to an accountant/lawyer regarding the various information and to avoid mistakes in the legal field ?

Where did you find the information to create a digital marketing agency ?
Which niche did you choose ?

Why are you harassing him with your intrusive and inappropriate questions?

What make you think you're entitled to know where he lives (lol), what is his niche, what is his process, what are his business trade secrets etc.?

This is the perfect example that shows the difference between two kinds of people:
  • someone that knows how to shut up, think for themselves, do the work, and win
  • someone that wants to be spoon-fed and have their hand held, and gets angry when rejected

One is a real entrepreneur, a winner that will conquer any obstacle in their life.
The other one is you.

N.S.

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Aug 26, 2013
UK

What make you think you're entitled to know where he lives (lol), what is his niche, what is his process, what are his business trade secrets etc.?

This is the perfect example that shows the difference between two kinds of people:
  • someone that wants to be spoon-fed and have their hand held, and gets angry when rejected

One is a real entrepreneur, a winner that will conquer any obstacle in their life.
The other one is you.
Thank you @heavy_industry. Beat me to it.

@KrisRomer well done for keeping certain cards to your chest. The established folks here (i.e not me yet, I haven't built up their credibility) will guide you with generosity.

Be very wary of anyone asking all the sorts of questions which that person (quite possibly innocently, but inappropriately nonetheless) did.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Hey everyone. I read the millionaire fastlane about a month and a half ago, and it changed my life. Once I finished the book I joined the forum, and well...here's my story.

I'm 16 years old, and before reading the book I was working as a server in a restaurant making minimum wage. I always had a touch of entrepreneurship in me, when I was 12 I started reselling shoes (and still do) and was always eager to make more money and scale.

After reading the book I started looking into a business model that appealed to me, and that I was good at. Digital marketing came my way within two days. Since then I have been running a two-man agency, and I've signed 5 clients and signing a new one in the coming days.

We have a client acquisition system that works really well, so we get paid between $1,000-$1,500 per client per month. At the moment I am making well over $5,500/month at 16.

This isn't a thread to brag, but I'm just trying to say that even if you think you don't have any skills or knowledge, you can still make it with the right mindset. I didn't know ANYTHING about digital marketing, but I put in the hours and grinded my a$$ off and here I am.

Now, for some of you here $5k/month is nothing, but for me it's huge. I went from making $200-$300/month busting my balls to making as much as my parents.

So, the point of my story is that nothing is impossible.

For the next few months, I will start scaling my agency and possibly even hire people so that I don't have to carry the heavy load.

And I know a service-based business model isn't Fastlane according to the book, but I'm loving the journey so far and am not stopping anytime soon!
I love this! So happy for you!

I read your other responses and I'm clearly able to see why I haven't gotten the results you've gotten. You put in more work in that month and a half than I have.

You've made me feel ashamed of my procrastination and inconsistency but inspired by your story at the same time.

Don't leave the forum. Your case study is a great anti-thesis to the boys who say, "I'm too young." and a whole boatload of other excuses.

Keep it up! @KrisRomer. Should you start a progress thread on this forum, let us know!

fmvpinho

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jan 8, 2022
Hey everyone. I read the millionaire fastlane about a month and a half ago, and it changed my life. Once I finished the book I joined the forum, and well...here's my story.

I'm 16 years old, and before reading the book I was working as a server in a restaurant making minimum wage. I always had a touch of entrepreneurship in me, when I was 12 I started reselling shoes (and still do) and was always eager to make more money and scale.

After reading the book I started looking into a business model that appealed to me, and that I was good at. Digital marketing came my way within two days. Since then I have been running a two-man agency, and I've signed 5 clients and signing a new one in the coming days.

We have a client acquisition system that works really well, so we get paid between $1,000-$1,500 per client per month. At the moment I am making well over $5,500/month at 16.

This isn't a thread to brag, but I'm just trying to say that even if you think you don't have any skills or knowledge, you can still make it with the right mindset. I didn't know ANYTHING about digital marketing, but I put in the hours and grinded my a$$ off and here I am.

Now, for some of you here $5k/month is nothing, but for me it's huge. I went from making $200-$300/month busting my balls to making as much as my parents.

For the next few months, I will start scaling my agency and possibly even hire people so that I don't have to carry the heavy load.

And I know a service-based business model isn't Fastlane according to the book, but I'm loving the journey so far and am not stopping anytime soon!
I hope my kid turns out to be just like you! Good luck and best of success!

ninjacopywriter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 14, 2023
Watch that video then. Ignore my hands waving... I was tired and trying to be energetic to stay awake.

Another good thread you might like is:

And check out the Inbound/sales thread in my signature.

Heck, check out the first two rows of links in my signature.

PS: Kudos for you getting stuck into the forum and replying to give thanks. I suspect you'll go far and fast.
last night I was already watching one of the videos!! :)

and thank you SO much for your support..i cannot wait to pay it back/forward :) and thank you for your kindness and inspiring words, and for all the help..

I will check it out :)

sanas915

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 13, 2022
wow amazing, that a loot not nothing like you said!!! you can be proud ,thank you for sharing your story,wish you all the best

ninjacopywriter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 14, 2023
Non-disclosed, don't want too many competitors. Sorry! If you are interested in starting I highly recommend watching Ryan Mak and Max Perzon on Youtube.
Just adding more knowledge...and yes, i know it might look like i am action faking... a part of me is YES haha but the other part is trying to figure out how to help others with what i got

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm18Z4ySNkc

sharing the video here just in case, i will look at it later :) it's in my to do list

P.S.: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Aryeh

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Feb 15, 2020

The other one is you
@heavy_industry
I don't think you can judge me on the basis of a few simple questions and to spit judgment on me by declaring that I should be taken by the hand and that I'm always complaining

You don't know me,you don't know what I'm doing and what my plans are,so please refrain from spouting exalted Overman phrases and mind your own fu+++ng business

I am closing here and will not answer anymore

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
mind your own fu+++ng business

Oh, the hypocrisy is strong in this one...

You don't know me,you don't know what I'm doing and what my plans are

That's exactly why you aren't trusted.

I don't think you can judge me on the basis of a few simple questions

Of course he can. He just did.

You are a little too mysterious

Besides, you judged the poster, didn't you? Its a shame you are the only one allowed to be judgey on the entire forum.

I should be taken by the hand and that I'm always complaining

If the shoe fits...

gets angry when rejected
mind your own fu+++ng business

I am closing here and will not answer anymore

Yup, you nailed that assessment @heavy_industry

@S.M. actually @heavy_industry wasn't calling you out or anything. As a matter of fact, he was just telling other people to NOT feel entitled at all and that YOU are the one doing the work. And congratulations on that.

The other people were asking more questions so Heavy Industry jumped in to protect you.

I come from a copywriting background and I get that reading the word "you" in his answer might have felt he was talking to you..but, from my experience writing online, he wasn't talking to you...even though he used the other you..it was meant for others.

He admired your work ethic and you are not action faking. Instead, you are inspiring people and doing the work :)

Hope that helps and please do not feel you have to reply or answer this back. I just wanted to clarify it.

I think you got your signals crossed. HI was protecting the original poster from the guy you tagged who was doing all the interrogating.

ninjacopywriter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jan 14, 2023

Besides, you judged the poster, didn't you? Its a shame you are the only one allowed to be judgey on the entire forum.

If the shoe fits...

I think you got your signals crossed. HI was protecting the original poster from the guy you tagged who was doing all the interrogating.
ops now i see haha ops sorries will delete that

Super Shiva

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Mar 1, 2023

Congratulations!

As @N.S. said in this thread, I happen to be one of those many grown a55 adults (sad and funny at the same time) who does not make $5k/month (hopefully not forever). At least I am not an entrepreneur (for the time being).

KrisRomer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
517%
Jan 24, 2023
Thank you @heavy_industry. Beat me to it.

@KrisRomer well done for keeping certain cards to your chest. The established folks here (i.e not me yet, I haven't built up their credibility) will guide you with generosity.

Be very wary of anyone asking all the sorts of questions which that person (quite possibly innocently, but inappropriately nonetheless) did.
Thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind!

KrisRomer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
517%
Jan 24, 2023
I love this! So happy for you!

I read your other responses and I'm clearly able to see why I haven't gotten the results you've gotten. You put in more work in that month and a half than I have.

You've made me feel ashamed of my procrastination and inconsistency but inspired by your story at the same time.

Don't leave the forum. Your case study is a great anti-thesis to the boys who say, "I'm too young." and a whole boatload of other excuses.

Keep it up! @KrisRomer. Should you start a progress thread on this forum, let us know!
Thanks, Saad, yeah procrastination was one of my biggest bullies when starting - but once you're started and you get a taste of what victory is like, it keeps you going!

KrisRomer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
517%
Jan 24, 2023
Just adding more knowledge...and yes, i know it might look like i am action faking... a part of me is YES haha but the other part is trying to figure out how to help others with what i got

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm18Z4ySNkc

sharing the video here just in case, i will look at it later :) it's in my to do list

P.S.: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Thank you, Ninja, I appreciate you a lot. Yes, that video is great! I've watched it a lot of times. The most important thing probably is just start doing outreach, I was doing a lot of action faking in the start too - but once you do the important stuff huge results will come to you!

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan

If the shoe fits...

I see in your caption you mentioned heavy industry. Is it the industry or @heavy_industry? Oh I see why you both are flexing muscles now.

KrisRomer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
517%
Jan 24, 2023

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
Hey Kris!
First of all, your progress is astonishing and I am honestly kinda baffled (I'm 16 too, and I only managed to earn 20 bucks so far LOL).
I have a question however:
You mentioned that you had no skills at all before? Did you just jump into the branche, get told their problem, watch or read stuff on the internet about the problem and solve it this way?
Also, may I ask what your friend is working on in your team? Also, do you do anything website-related and how do you deal with it (or more specifically, do you learn to code or pay somebody else to do it for you)? (no worries if you're not comfortable answering)
That would really help me get a better picture!

KrisRomer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
517%
Jan 24, 2023
Hey Kris!
First of all, your progress is astonishing and I am honestly kinda baffled (I'm 16 too, and I only managed to earn 20 bucks so far LOL).
I have a question however:
You mentioned that you had no skills at all before? Did you just jump into the branche, get told their problem, watch or read stuff on the internet about the problem and solve it this way?
Also, may I ask what your friend is working on in your team? Also, do you do anything website-related and how do you deal with it (or more specifically, do you learn to code or pay somebody else to do it for you)? (no worries if you're not comfortable answering)
That would really help me get a better picture!
Hey man, thanks for your reply, it means a lot! By the way, don't feel pressured by reading other people's successes - you're your own person and everyone's story is different :) And to answer your questions:

So I did have some skills, but veeerry little. In March 2020 when I was 14, I started looking into FB ads, so I kind of remembered how to do that when I started. But now that I've hired a contractor (not my personal friend, but just someone from Upwork) who does that for me, I just focus on the appointment setting (which I knew NOTHING about). I watched a shit ton of videos, read a shit ton of articles, and just practiced...a shit ton. I knew a guy in my area who had a company, and for 1 week I offered to get him 3 new clients with my new system - and it worked. I knew that my system was ready and started doing outreach. It's honestly all about testing, failing, tracking, and repeating until you find something that works for you!

About my website, I get it from a site that costs a monthly fee, with a very easy website builder. So no coding, I designed it myself. And that's basically it :) Good luck on your journey and if you have any other questions let me know!

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
552%
Apr 17, 2022
Yes, it's @heavy_industry he helped me a ton in the beginning!
Thank you, that's a very kind thing to say.

But it's all you. You are the man. You made this happen.

You proved to the world and to yourself that you can do anything that you want to do, regardless of what other people think. My opinion did not matter.

This is one of the most important lessons in life and entrepreneurship.

Looking back at the original comment I made on this idea, it seems like you fit in category #2:

The only people that are profiting from this are:
  • those that were clever enough to figure things out for themselves many years ago, before it got popular
  • highly skilled entrepreneurs that actually know how to stand out from the crowd and provide value to their customers
  • people selling courses on how to "START YOUR OWN SMMA IN 2022/2023"

And perhaps in the future you could exit the current business model by switching to category #3, by selling some kind of B2B digital product associated with digital marketing.

For full disclosure, I haven't changed my mind.
I still believe that a SMMA is a bad business model for a variety of reasons. But that doesn't mean that you can't have a lot of success doing it.

Everything works, everything can be turned into a business, if you know how to approach a problem and how to do things. Ideas are pawns, execution is king.™ (MJ DeMarco)

KrisRomer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
517%
Jan 24, 2023
Thank you, that's a very kind thing to say.

But it's all you. You are the man. You made this happen.

You proved to the world and to yourself that you can do anything that you want to do, regardless of what other people think. My opinion did not matter.

This is one of the most important lessons in life and entrepreneurship.

Looking back at the original comment I made on this idea, it seems like you fit in category #2:

And perhaps in the future you could exit the current business model by switching to category #3, by selling some kind of B2B digital product associated with digital marketing.

For full disclosure, I haven't changed my mind.
I still believe that a SMMA is a bad business model for a variety of reasons. But that doesn't mean that you can't have a lot of success doing it.

Everything works, everything can be turned into a business, if you know how to approach a problem and how to do things.

Ideas are pawns, execution is king.™ - MJ DeMarco
Very wise words from a very wise man! A huge asset to this community. Thanks!

smihain

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 2, 2023

Hi Kris,

I have a friend, who's gotten into digital marketing like you but I've understood he'd had problems with the clients to get the right cashflow.

Granted he charged upfront higher amounts OR 2 payments half at the start half and the end of the project. Basically for the work he and his company were hired for the workload got out of hand compared to the costs of software etc. ( 2 man team as well )

Do you think that's a bad approach?
Or what did you / would you do differently?

smihain

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 2, 2023

Hi Kris,

Really glad for you on that one & keep going!

I wanted to ask more for a friend who's worked on his 2 man marketing agency as well. He;s had issues with mantaining positive cash flow against the workload he built up with the same number of clients as you did.He does however charge upfront and maybe slightly higher fees.

Do you reckon that's a bad model compared to monthly Service Charges?

OR what could you recommend to do instead? He's had trouble mantaining that and he's had to fire his 1 employee but ld really like to help him with some genuine information to keep doign what he's doing much like you.

I'm working on a different sector/industry and I don't know as much about your space

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
Thanks, Saad, yeah procrastination was one of my biggest bullies when starting - but once you're started and you get a taste of what victory is like, it keeps you going!
Do you outsource, I want to get clients for web design but I'm not sure

Do you outsource or have a partner or something like that

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.