The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Doing the Andy Frisella "75 Hard" Challenge

KnightByDay

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
414%
Oct 28, 2017
South Carolina
PHASE ONE, PHASE ONE, PHASE ONE!!!

I have been waiting for someone to start in with phase one for a while.

@KnightByDay thanks for sharing - good to have that insight as to what can happen when you are done. Don't worry too much - just get back into some kind of system again.

Maybe I will do that. Problem is it's September in Florida, so my shower only gets pleasantly cool, that wouldn't even be a challenge to sit in for 5 minutes haha.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Maybe I will do that. Problem is it's September in Florida, so my shower only gets pleasantly cool, that wouldn't even be a challenge to sit in for 5 minutes haha.

Have you seen the people on the Wim Hof Facebook group that buy a chest freezer and fill it with water? That's always an option lol. I just saw a small chest freezer at costco for $150.

I had this issue in Vietnam. The cold water only got down to luke warm. That was when my streak of cold showers ended. Hell, I'm back in the Northwest now... the ground water is like 35 degrees. Phase 1 here we come..... uhhllll

ActingAsEvan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Sep 4, 2019
Hello all!

New to the forum (but I've read MJ's books) and funny enough I plan on starting #75hard this Monday after my weekend in Boston, so I wanted to join in on the fun!

I'm excited to give this a go, my friend challenged me to join him (also a part of this forum, so I'll tell him about this thread) and it couldn't have come at a better time for me. I've slacked in multiple areas that I used to be WAY more disciplined with. Diet, exercise, self-teaching, etc.

So this is the kick in the a$$ I need to get back into gear.

My 75 days will end just shy of Thanksgiving, but I plan on grinding until then so I can have a cheat meal of epic proportions.

Looking forward to this journey that we are all crazy enough to partake in!

G

Guest24480

I'm back again. Going to take on 75 hard again after listening to the most recent podcast. I went completely 180 and my diet and discipline have been utter shit this past month. It really is true that not finishing this puts you in a tailspin in the opposite direction.

Diet this time is going to be gluten free and no junk food, processed food or artificial sugar. I am getting back into lifting so I need the carbs to stimulate muscle growth.

I am also quitting chewing tobacco starting tomorrow, my ultimate vice. This is going to make it tough but it's a health decision that I won't regret. If I chew I start over.

Glad to see others still on the grind!

Not Most People

"If everyone else is doing it, its probably wrong"
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 28, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
Love the thread. Planning on starting in a week and a half.

Does anyone know officially if participating in sports count as an outdoor workout? I can't seem to find an official answer.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018

Does anyone know officially if participating in sports count as an outdoor workout? I can't seem to find an official answer.

Is it something you would normally do?

G

Guest24480

As long as the sport is outdoors and the exercise is 45 minutes long then yes it absolutely counts.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
As long as the sport is outdoors and the exercise is 45 minutes long then yes it absolutely counts.

This is why I do the challenge without asking questions.

KnightByDay

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
414%
Oct 28, 2017
South Carolina

I'm not sure why it needs to be outside. I would consider a martial arts class or indoor basketball game a workout, wouldn't you? Andy calls out mowing the lawn as not a workout, but I haven't seen anything about sports. Part of this is being honest with yourself about whether YOU think it is a workout. For me, I went to a Martial Arts class first to see if it would be hard enough to count as a workout (it definitely is).

fishgodeep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
374%
Oct 11, 2015
Edmonton
I didn't have a plan on what habits I would keep up when I finished. I let the lazy part of me talk myself out of the habits I built up and fell back into old, bad habits.

Please consider carefully what you will do after the program. You can easily fall back into your old self.

@KnightByDay thanks for sharing I have the exact same sentiments. If you don't hold the line you'll be forced to retreat and chances are you'll get run the f*** over. Best to have some sort of game plan in mind for when you finish. Or go off the rails if you want, it's your life hell that's what I did for the last month. It was wonderful, drank loads of lovely pints, ate loads of breakfast rolls (google it). Basically spend my holiday living a life of sin.

Although I fed the urge of gluttony on a daily basis I didn't give into sloth. I don't know how the rest of you feel but binge watching Netflix? Um no thanks. Doing nothing just doesn't sound fun. Climbing a mountain however now you've got my attention. But not until after this ~2,000 calorie breakfast ;).

So have a plan for when you finish or you'll end up going back to your old bullshit. Obviously the logical thing to do would be to roll straight into Phase 1. Personally I would start Phase 1 right now but I have some other goals. I'm playing around with different fasting regimes, specially dry fasting which as the name suggests includes no water :eek:. I'll Keep you all posted to let you know if I die.

So i'm out.......for now. But will likely start Phase 1 in the next couple of weeks. Best of luck to all of you grinding it out.

P.S.

Take it from someone who completed it. Stop with the bloody apps, you don't need more technology in your life. You need a pen and a notebook. Write the s*** down first thing every morning, cross the s*** out last thing every night. By doing this you literally cannot forget to do any of your tasks as you have to sit down at the end of each day and review. As the Meerkat would say "Simples"

:peace:

G

Guest24480

I'm not sure why it needs to be outside. I would consider a martial arts class or indoor basketball game a workout, wouldn't you? Andy calls out mowing the lawn as not a workout, but I haven't seen anything about sports. Part of this is being honest with yourself about whether YOU think it is a workout. For me, I went to a Martial Arts class first to see if it would be hard enough to count as a workout (it definitely is).
It doesn't need to be outside to count as a workout. I meant as long as the sport is outdoors and 45 mins it would count as the outdoor workout.

The reason mowing the lawn doesn't count is because it's not a workout, it's a chore. Andy even stated that walking counts, but only if you deliberately set aside 45 mins to go for a walk with the intent of it being a workout. If you're walking to the train for example I wouldn't count that.

It's a mental challenge so it's about deliberate choice to perform the tasks required. Otherwise the purpose is defeated.

John D.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Aug 26, 2016
Planning to do this. Any apps you guys personally recommend for tracking the five habits? (Not a fan of pen-and-paper myself)

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
You guys might like this...

I am running both this and the 75 challenge at the same time (starting tomorrow).

KnightByDay

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
414%
Oct 28, 2017
South Carolina
Planning to do this. Any apps you guys personally recommend for tracking the five habits? (Not a fan of pen-and-paper myself)

I found pen and paper to be the most useful. It is easy, for me, to not check an app or ignore a notification. That being said, I use Trello to keep track of my tasks that do not relate to my daily habits as described by @LightHouse in this thread.

You guys might like this...

I am running both this and the 75 challenge at the same time (starting tomorrow).

Looks like a fun challenge. I don't see that it is applicable to my current goals and life situation (focus on health, moving to a new state in a few months) but it is something I would be interested to revisit next year.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Terrific challenge!

I have seen few instances of people failing due to an oversight. Calendar blocking can be a game changer.

Make an appointment with yourself.
- schedule 15 min three times a day to check on your progress. No a To-Do. An appointment on your calendar. Heck! 10 min even is enough
- schedule your workout. No excuse. No one can book you then. It is an appointment.
- progress picture? You take it everyday at x hour. Blocked in your calendar

It is a great way to become more conscientious. Which is a huge indicator of success. Source Jordan Peterson ( @ChrisV has a great post on it)

This can be a great thing to add on the focus challenge @Fox for phase 2 / 3. Schedule your deep work time in advance AND respect it.

I will jump in on an hybrid 75hard / focus challenge. Huge part of it will be being on top of my calendar.

Last edited:

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Holy smokes I almost done f*cked up.

There I was tossing and turning in bed. 10pm on a Thursday. Just finished my reading and trying to get to sleep. It's been 10 minutes and I can't get comfortable.

That's when I remembered I didn't drink my last few sips of water!

I went out to the kitchen and found my 75 Hard notebook sitting by my water. I forgot to take the progress Pic too.

THANK GOD I REMEMBERED!

Would have been a real shame to mess up on day 65....

Sheesh

fishgodeep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
374%
Oct 11, 2015
Edmonton
Hello everyone,

Okay I’m jumping in again starting today. It’s 8pm local time I’ve completed all my tasks. Now I just have to avoid stuffing my fat face :rofl:.

I was going to do Phase 1 but I’m at an impasse when it comes to the cold shower. The water in my home is never really cold. And the showers at both of the gyms I go to are roasting. There’s no way to regulate the heat for them. My solution was to have ice baths, which I tried yesterday but even with 4 bags of ice it wasn’t really that cold.

So the plan is to do 75HARD again then go right into Phase 1. At which time it will be Winter so the water in my apartment will be nice and frosty.

The reason I’m doing this again is because I got a hold host of benefits from this programme the first time around. I believe in this programme, I know it works.

P.S.
If anyone is on the fence I invite you to join me. We can take turns keeping each other accountable. Meaning we can bully each other over the phone to keep ourselves on track.

fishgodeep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
374%
Oct 11, 2015
Edmonton
Well now I hafta start this again because hell if I’m going to the summit without finishing this freaking thing.. sheesh.

Do it (only if you want to of course). I'm on day 3 been fine so far. I added a couple of little things this time around to make it more difficult. Increased my workouts to > 1 hour instead of 45 mins and cut out a couple of crutches I used to use.

Although I haven't included it as part of the challenge, haven't drank coffee in two weeks and I don't miss it at all. I'll drink it again at some point but considering I've drank it almost everyday for over a decade it's good to get off it.

Where's everyone at right now? @Fox what day are you on? @GoodluckChuck I see your almost finished good job.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Do it (only if you want to of course). I'm on day 3 been fine so far. I added a couple of little things this time around to make it more difficult. Increased my workouts to > 1 hour instead of 45 mins and cut out a couple of crutches I used to use.

Although I haven't included it as part of the challenge, haven't drank coffee in two weeks and I don't miss it at all. I'll drink it again at some point but considering I've drank it almost everyday for over a decade it's good to get off it.

Where's everyone at right now? @Fox what day are you on? @GoodluckChuck I see your almost finished good job.

Day 74 here!

I was thinking about making a Youtube video tomorrow and cracking a beer and publicly failing the challenge so I would be forced to start over. I don't think I have it in me to do that to myself though since I've been so deadset on finishing this thing.

I like the person the challenge has pushed me to be. I don't want to stop! I plan on continuing past day 75 with most things. I've learned tons of lessons. I'll be creating some content based around the lessons I've learned from 75 Hard.

Good on you for starting again even though you finished. Fox and I were chatting about it and he's right when he says that 75 Hard is just the baseline. There's a long ways to the top.

Fid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 26, 2017
Wroclaw, Poland
Day 46 here.

It's been really difficult recently.

I feel annoyed, irritated, mad.
I have a crazy amount of dreams about accidentally drinking coke or alcohol.
I've lost the patience and want to give up.
I'm bored, it's uncomfortable, I've had enough.

It's no longer physically hard to do the workouts.
It's no longer mentally hard to stick to my diet.

I've made everything run like a clockwork now, but...
It's become torture.

I want it finished.

Sander

When in doubt, dare.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Mar 19, 2014
Day 46 here.

It's become torture.

I want it finished.

You can do it man!

Everyone here is rooting for you!

fishgodeep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
374%
Oct 11, 2015
Edmonton
@Fid can you help me understand what you mean. Your message seems contradictory, you say how difficult your finding this.

Day 46 here.

In the next instance you say it's not mentally or physically difficult. I'm not trying to twist your words around, I simply don't understand what your having problems with

Last edited:

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Day 46 here.

It's become torture.

I want it finished.

Get off the forum. Stop thinking. Just keep going. Your mood will change again soon.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Day 46 here.

It's become torture.

I want it finished.

Sounds like it's working.

Fid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 26, 2017
Wroclaw, Poland
Oh wow, I didn't expect such responses. Appreciated.

I'm not trying to twist your words around, I simply don't understand what your having problems with

Yeah, a good question.
What I meant is that it's become "hard" in a totally new way.

Not "I need to go running but it's raining" or "I'd love some chocolate but it would break my diet".

Rather "Jesus effin Christ, not another 75hard journal... I want to focus on work (or relax) and not think how much water I've drunk today".

Sounds like it's working.

It sounds so indeed.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!