The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Doing the Andy Frisella "75 Hard" Challenge

Fid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 26, 2017
Wroclaw, Poland
A thought just hit me.

It's not *losing* or *failing* when we go back do day #1.
It's the complete opposite - it's *sticking to the rule* that you need to reset the counter. It's keeping on pushing regardless of what happens.

Failing would be *not* resetting the counter. Changing the rules. Or giving up and quitting.

Going back to day #1 is part of the program. It helps build patience, integrity, and honesty with oneself. It's a valuable lesson on what you need to focus on more.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
I think this got mentioned before but I had a thought that would probably help some folks who find themselves breaking the rules of the challenge, and that is this:

Have clear rules.

IF your diet is to "eat healthy things" then there is going to be some gray area for your lower level mind to bargain with your higher level mind.

IF your diet is to "Eat less than 2000 calories per day", then you have a clear line not to cross.

This makes it simpler to follow since it's black and white and there's no bargaining.

Brewmacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
[Edit]: the text in this post has been modified to remove any conflicting information that could goes against the 75 day challenge philosophy.
This information is not removed out of spite, hard feelings or by recommendation by anyone, only out of respect for you guys who are struggling through process!
Good luck peeps, keep going strong and be safe out there! I will possibly repost any information lost here in a new thread sometime in the future]

Well Well Well! Really positive to see some of you peeps are succeeding! It is really not easy :)
Well done!

One shocking realization was my relationship with Alcohol! The internal script that dictates, "I cannot go out & be social without alcohol!" was shattered.
Admittedly it was initially challenging to tear apart these mental barriers, but waking up fresh at sunrise to go to the calisthenics park after a night partying felt fantastic. It was pure joy to know your friends are still sleeping with hangovers while you are pushing your limits & getting ahead.

For any of you who relate to 'old me', trust me you wont know this until you try this challenge....you will shake off some disgusting "friends" that are in fact dragging you down to their level. They cant stand to see you in this process of change. Seriously F*ck-em bye-bye now!

After blasting though a serious amount self-development books & YouTube videos (including MJ's Unscripted ) I finally arrived at this forum, now fitter & stronger both in mind & body.
I havent watched TV or playing useless computer games since I can remember, instead I am spending my evenings learning to program, eat healthy & keep fit.

The MOST IMPORTANT ADVICE i can share is:
There will always be "something" that prevents you from starting until this & that is over.

1) Stop bullshitting to yourself! Pick a start date & begin preparations

3) Commit yourself Fully to the process! FULLY!!! Warning this could result in tears of joy on the last day!

Your body & mind will thank you! So
1) pick a date in the near future,
2) prepare a diet plan (recommend: combo of keto-diet and intermittent fasting every day)
3) prepare your workout schedule (early morning after a two coffees, 45 mins before eating breakfast and when your at least 12 hours fasted is optimal for fat breaking & hormones etc.)
4) Fridge pickers wear bigger knickers - NO SNACKING
5)
6) Sleep (8 hours minimum, though I could only ever get 5-6)

Hope this motivates someone & whom ever that may be...God speed fellow human!

Last edited:

Yoda

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
710%
Nov 12, 2015
Dagobah

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I love you guys with that annoying little sister love that whines and pouts a lot but then admits she needs help.

I could write a book on what this thing has taught me and I haven’t even finished it yet.

I ADORE that YouTube video Yoda. That’s my life. I’m an autodidact and a novaturient. In August last year I hadn’t even read a single business book or tried to market for my own business and I was making one fifth of what I do now per month. .. I think it took me three months to even put furniture in my office. I was scared and had no clue about anything internet marketing related. This year I can make websites and rank them (kinda) and I understand some coding (kinda) and I’m in the best shape of my life.

I definitely believe in the power to change. The biggest way I go about that is by reading and discussing and admitting my shit so other ppl can help point it out.

Everybody on here has helped me. SO much!

I want to finish this challenge soooooo bad but I really don’t think that much water is healthy for me.. I got physically ill/confused and started lacking essential nutrients. That day I talked about loving Himalayan sea salt.. that was the first day in like two weeks where I could actually think clearly.

I think I self-sabotaged from the beginning in a couple ways.

MTEE1985 was right. Yoda was right too. I need to figure out what I want to commit to and do that.

Anyhoo.. I’m sticking around to support all the awesome badasses on here. And maybe I’ll do this freaking challenge again. Its a wicked fast confidence booster.

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I think you can make it still - consider getting back on it.

With the water, you got to start early in the day and space it. Also sweat it out when working out.

Stick around and see if you can get back on this later.

Brewmacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
I love you guys with that annoying little sister love that whines and pouts a lot but then admits she needs help.

I could write a book on what this thing has taught me and I haven’t even finished it yet.

I ADORE that YouTube video Yoda. That’s my life. I’m an autodidact and a novaturient. In August last year I hadn’t even read a single business book or tried to market for my own business and I was making one fifth of what I do now per month. .. I think it took me three months to even put furniture in my office. I was scared and had no clue about anything internet marketing related. This year I can make websites and rank them (kinda) and I understand some coding (kinda) and I’m in the best shape of my life, and that guy who was perfect for me.. might actually be really perfect..

I definitely believe in the power to change. The biggest way I go about that is by reading and discussing and admitting my shit so other ppl can help point it out.

Everybody on here has helped me. SO much!

I want to finish this challenge soooooo bad but I really don’t think that much water is healthy for me.. I got physically ill/confused and started lacking essential nutrients. That day I talked about loving Himalayan sea salt.. that was the first day in like two weeks where I could actually think clearly.

I think I self-sabotaged from the beginning in a couple ways.

MTEE1985 was right. Yoda was right too. I need to figure out what I want to commit to and do that.

Anyhoo.. I’m sticking around to support all the awesome badasses on here. And maybe I’ll do this freaking challenge again. Its a wicked fast confidence booster.

[Edit]: the text in this post has been modified to remove any conflicting information that could goes against the 75 day challenge philosophy.
This information is not removed out of spite, hard feelings or by recommendation by anyone, only out of respect for you guys who are struggling through process!
Good luck peeps, keep going strong and be safe out there! I will possibly repost any information lost here in a new thread sometime in the future, please take care of your bodies and do your homework as to what is within the safe working limits of the human body ]

Hello Primeperiwinkle :)

Seems like you are struggling a bit with energy levels. I am not sure how many days you are in or what diet plan you are following atm.
Also I am in work at the moment so I really do not have time to troll back through 15 pages to read your story. Sorry about that.

Some tips that may (or may not) help you out.

This is what I practice so maybe it aligns somewhat:
  • 18 hours per day fasting with meat & Low-carb (veg only) diet.
  • I am therefore in ketosis & all my energy comes from natural fat, protein and my fat reserves.
  • No processed food, therefore very limited sodium intake from diet alone
  • I also work out in the morning (12 hours fasted)
  • 4-5 liters of water per day
  • So yes, between morning & lunch I get serious dips in energy sometimes.
Solution:
Sodium = 3.5 grams per day
  • Only high grade Sea salt, or Himalayan salt
  • You should take care to factor in the sodium your food as well, as it can add up quickly
Drinking so much water will displace the salt balance in your body due to urination, this needs to be replaced! Not doing this will lead to fatigue and in the end damage to your body on a cellular level.

Potassium (see FDA requirements)
There is also a massive impact on your potassium salt levels that sea salt does not have. This leads also to fatigue, mind fog, muscle weakness, depression and constipation.
Bananas will not help here as you need to eat around 20 to get your recommended daily allowance. Think:
  • Kale
  • Spinach
  • Green leaf Salads (beetroot leaves etc)
  • Broccoli

Keto/Low carb Diet?
If you are in ketosis and your body is "fat-adapted", energy production can dip significantly. ESPECIALLY in the first week!
The solution weirdly is:
  • Go outside and sprint as fast as you can for 20 seconds.
  • For me at work that will look Really Bizarre!
  • Instead I go to the toilet and for 20 seconds do High Knees, or High Jumps on the spot.
The science behind this is, that this action this triggers your fight or flight response, and your body switches back to burning its fat reserves, rather than looking for easy sugar access (in glycogen) stored in your fat and muscles.

Yoyo'ing
Also in a keto/fat-adapted state you are depriving the glycogen/sugar reserves. Glycogen pulls 4 times its own mass in water into the muscles and fat in normal life .
That is why when one diets for two months & only does running, for example, that after one holiday a lot of weight comes very quickly back on yoyo effect. One looks like they lost weight, but the fat cells are still alive, just depleted.
Working out in a fasted state (strength, then cardio) breaks the fat cells apart and burns them as energy, hence destroying potentially glycogen reserves within them.

Oh yeah my point, forgot it for a second: I take 5 grams of creatine every day during a fast to pull water into the muscles in place of the depleted glycogen reserves.
This help significantly with working out (strength) and for recovery.

Okay gotta go. Hope this can help.

B

Last edited:

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I am back to start again.

This is attempt #9 by now I think.

I was in Ireland for two days and forgot to read on one of the days. I was hanging out with people I had not seen in a long time and forgot all about it.

I have mixed feelings about how many times I have failed. So far this challenge has gotten me in the best shape I have probably ever been in, reading more than I have ever read, more focused and driven than I have ever been, and my business is seeing massive gains.

Yet I keep failing.

That is cause it is really really hard. For me anyway.

For me it isn't about the drive to succeed - for example, I still haven't missed one work out session. I have had days where I was in the woods running at 6 am in the rain. That isn't my problem.

My problem has been following the plan and staying on track. I want to succeed but I allow myself to get distracted. I don't remember the daily plan, I forget to follow the process, I am not paying attention.

It has been a slap in the face that I am not making the progress I could have been making in life if I had been more aware. Even though I have failed this challenge many times now I have still made massive personal progress so far. But that isn't enough - I need to finish this thing.

So I am back again. I probably seem like a total mess posting on here by now but I don't care - I will keep going till its done 100% correct with no short cuts or excuses.

Day #1.

If you are in the best shape ever and your business is growing... have you really failed?

From my perspective it looks like you're getting the success that you are meant to with it!

It's easy to get into the mindset of "This is a 75 day challenge, it should take 75 days to complete", but I think that is completely wrong.

It's a 75 day challenge, and it takes as long as it takes to complete.

You can set the goal.
You can set the daily time put into attaining the goal.
You CANNOT set the time that it takes to reach the goal.

----
On a different note, I was skeptical of this challenge, but I'm now thinking of having a go.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I think you can make it still - consider getting back on it.

With the water, you got to start early in the day and space it. Also sweat it out when working out.

Stick around and see if you can get back on this later.

Will do! Oh fearless Challenge Leader!

Hello Primeperiwinkle :)

Seems like you are struggling a bit with energy levels. I am not sure how many days you are in or what diet plan you are following atm.
Also I am in work at the moment so I really do not have time to troll back through 15 pages to read your story. Sorry about that.

I think the actual challenge defined in the Original Post misses a lot of scientific backing as I have already mentioned before in earlier posts (e.g. taking rest days to allow for hormonal balancing and muscle recovery). There is a science behind this.

Some tips that may (or may not) help you out.

This is what I practice so maybe it aligns somewhat:
  • 18 hours per day fasting with meat & Low-carb (veg only) diet.
  • I am therefore in ketosis & all my energy comes from natural fat, protein and my fat reserves.
  • No processed food, therefore very limited sodium intake from diet alone
  • I also work out in the morning (12 hours fasted)
  • 4-5 liters of water per day
  • So yes, between morning & lunch I get serious dips in energy sometimes.
Solution:
Sodium = 3.5 grams per day
  • Only high grade Sea salt, or Himalayan salt
  • You should take care to factor in the sodium your food as well, as it can add up quickly
Drinking so much water will displace the salt balance in your body due to urination, this needs to be replaced! Not doing this will lead to fatigue and in the end damage to your body on a cellular level.

Potassium (see FDA requirements)
There is also a massive impact on your potassium salt levels that sea salt does not have. This leads also to fatigue, mind fog, muscle weakness, depression and constipation.
Bananas will not help here as you need to eat around 20 to get your recommended daily allowance. Think:
  • Kale
  • Spinach
  • Green leaf Salads (beetroot leaves etc)
  • Broccoli

Keto/Low carb Diet?
If you are in ketosis and your body is "fat-adapted", energy production can dip significantly. ESPECIALLY in the first week!
The solution weirdly is:
  • Go outside and sprint as fast as you can for 20 seconds.
  • For me at work that will look Really Bizarre!
  • Instead I go to the toilet and for 20 seconds do High Knees, or High Jumps on the spot.
The science behind this is, that this action this triggers your fight or flight response, and your body switches back to burning its fat reserves, rather than looking for easy sugar access (in glycogen) stored in your fat and muscles.

Yoyo'ing
Also in a keto/fat-adapted state you are depriving the glycogen/sugar reserves. Glycogen pulls 4 times its own mass in water into the muscles and fat in normal life .
That is why when one diets for two months & only does running, for example, that after one holiday a lot of weight comes very quickly back on yoyo effect. One looks like they lost weight, but the fat cells are still alive, just depleted.
Working out in a fasted state (strength, then cardio) breaks the fat cells apart and burns them as energy, hence destroying potentially glycogen reserves within them.

Oh yeah my point, forgot it for a second: I take 5 grams of creatine every day during a fast to pull water into the muscles in place of the depleted glycogen reserves.
This help significantly with working out (strength) and for recovery.

Okay gotta go. Hope this can help.

B

Thank you for this dude.

Did I tell you guys about my guy who sent me 75hard care packages? He sent me avocados!! It was ADORABLE. Then he sent me FIVE POUNDS of Himalayan sea salt! 5lbs!!!

But really, I wasn’t eating leafy greens more than once a week.. and.. ugh.. I hate to admit this but.. I’m such a rebellious little twit I would stay up late every weekend and then manage to try to not get up.. like I was going against the whole point of the challenge every five days or so! Internal battles!! Oy!

But enough about that. Let me tell you what I had to eat yesterday. It was the greatest food day of MY LIFE.

Of. My. Life!!!!

I got chocolate squares from Japan (a client gave these to me on Day 2 and I’ve been waiting and waiting!!)
I got a caramel macchiato and cheese danish!! (I’m totes allergic to milk but idgaf!!)
I got Normandy French Toast
I got black cherry gelatto
I got a raspberry macaron
I got FILET MINGON and LAMB and sirloin at a wonderful Brazilian restaurant.
I got a glass of delicious Malbec.

Annnnnnnnnd besides you guys.. all 51,000 of you... my nanny is the only one who knows how ridiculously happy I was curled up on the couch having fierce belly cramps while giggling and talking last night.

BEST FOOD EVER!!! For those of you on the challenge.. May your 76th day foodie celebration be EPIC!! :)

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
I had an idea @Fox you could do a web design version of the 75 hard day challenges for your web design students in order to improve their work, lets say with a mixture of physical/challenges with work related stuff (i.e Find 3 prospective customers per day or learn for 30 minutes about a concept that can improve your sales skills.)

Brewmacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
If you are in the best shape ever and your business is growing... have you really failed?

From my perspective it looks like you're getting the success that you are meant to with it!

It's easy to get into the mindset of "This is a 75 day challenge, it should take 75 days to complete", but I think that is completely wrong.

It's a 75 day challenge, and it takes as long as it takes to complete.

You can set the goal.
You can set the daily time put into attaining the goal.
You CANNOT set the time that it takes to reach the goal.

----
On a different note, I was skeptical of this challenge, but I'm now thinking of having a go.

Good luck peeps, keep going strong and be safe out there! I will possibly repost any information lost here in a new thread sometime in the future]

You will see in time, that the 75 day challenge will change you fundamentally. You will naturally keep the healthy practices that you gained because life feels empty without them.
Secret: It does not end after the 75 day challenge. It continues for the rest of your life, but only when you continue to work at it and you will want too push it further.

For me being sober at parties was my biggest fear. It was so awkward in the beginning and now I really prefer it. So nice to go out chat to girls and friends and then hit the calisthenics park at 09.00 the next morning while all my friends are still sleeping with hangovers.
In those moments i really feel that I am winning and its addictive :)

God Speed Lad

Last edited:

Brewmacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
Will do! Oh fearless Challenge Leader!

Thank you for this dude.

Did I tell you guys about my guy who sent me 75hard care packages? He sent me avocados!! It was ADORABLE. Then he sent me FIVE POUNDS of Himalayan sea salt! 5lbs!!!

But really, I wasn’t eating leafy greens more than once a week.. and.. ugh.. I hate to admit this but.. I’m such a rebellious little twit I would stay up late every weekend and then manage to try to not get up.. like I was going against the whole point of the challenge every five days or so! Internal battles!! Oy!

But enough about that. Let me tell you what I had to eat yesterday. It was the greatest food day of MY LIFE.

Of. My. Life!!!!

I got chocolate squares from Japan (a client gave these to me on Day 2 and I’ve been waiting and waiting!!)
I got a caramel macchiato and cheese danish!! (I’m totes allergic to milk but idgaf!!)
I got Normandy French Toast
I got black cherry gelatto
I got a raspberry macaron
I got FILET MINGON and LAMB and sirloin at a wonderful Brazilian restaurant.
I got a glass of delicious Malbec.

Annnnnnnnnd besides you guys.. all 51,000 of you... my nanny is the only one who knows how ridiculously happy I was curled up on the couch having fierce belly cramps while giggling and talking last night.

BEST FOOD EVER!!! For those of you on the challenge.. May your 76th day foodie celebration be EPIC!! :)

Holy shit you made it?? Congratulations!!!
Just give me the meat and the bottle of wine and ill be a happy boy (actually that is how I will celebrate 35 epic HC days on Sunday, Monday the last 40 days begin) :p

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
75 days no alcohol no junk no exceptions people! Haha

I think it's totally fine to be careful with your workouts and making it a fast walk some of the time. But I feel like you guys are missing the point a little to be honest.

Ricko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jul 20, 2018
London, United Kingdom
75 days no alcohol no junk no exceptions people! Haha

I think it's totally fine to be careful with your workouts and making it a fast walk some of the time. But I feel like you guys are missing the point a little to be honest

@Brewmacker I think that you've kind of adapted the challenge to suit you and missed the point. That's fine and if you're making positive changes then that is great but it isn't the challenge that we are discussing and Andy Frisella is crystal clear on this point on his podcast.

Have you listened to it?

From episode 290 onwards he speaks a lot about the challenge and the reasons behind it being so strict. Based on your tracker, you've only ever managed to get to day 4. He has many expletive ridden rants on this subject.

Brewmacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
@Brewmacker I think that you've kind of adapted the challenge to suit you and missed the point. That's fine and if you're making positive changes then that is great but it isn't the challenge that we are discussing and Andy Frisella is crystal clear on this point on his podcast.

Have you listened to it?

From episode 290 onwards he speaks a lot about the challenge and the reasons behind it being so strict. Based on your tracker, you've only ever managed to get to day 4. He has many expletive ridden rants on this subject.

Hi Rick & @MattR82

I have not listened to the podcasts. Nor can I comment on the physical and mental safety warnings Andy has mentioned on his podcast. Nor can I agree or disagree with his point of view.
So I will listen to it tonight/tomorrow with keen interest especially on his rants :) .

I did read all the posts here with real interest before my writing opening post in June, mainly because the stories really really resonated with my first 5 week journey this year and I wanted to encourage people to do Andy's 75 day challenge.

I clearly said in the intro to that post that I can relate to this 75 day process, even though I follow a different program (feat).

@Fox 100% Agree, Sanction and Promote this challenge!! It will steer your life's path in an unfathomable & marvelous direction! Though she is a little bit too strict haha.

I smashed through a similar feat this year, it was only for 35 days & I seriously broke down wept for absolute joy upon completion. It changed my life & YES I was allowed wine two times a week!!
I will be releasing a YouTube video shortly about the experience.

Initially the aim was physical transformation; To loose my belly fat gain those wash board abs.
Ashamed; I got obese, lazy & depressed resulting in self-conscious thoughts which thus fed the negative feedback loop. We can all do without that shit in our lives!

The results after 5 quick weeks literally blew my mind!
Not only transforming me physically, it elevated me mentally further than I could have ever imagined.
I woke up..."HELLO WORLD"

One shocking realization was my relationship with Alcohol! The internal script that dictates, "I cannot go out & be social without alcohol!" was shattered.
Admittedly it was initially challenging to tear apart these mental barriers, but waking up fresh at sunrise to go to the calisthenics park after a night partying felt fantastic. It was pure joy to know your friends are still sleeping with hangovers while you are pushing your limits & getting ahead.

For any of you who relate to 'old me', trust me you wont know this until you try this challenge....you will shake off some disgusting "friends" that are in fact dragging you down to their level. They cant stand to see you in this process of change. Seriously F*ck-em bye-bye now!

After blasting though a serious amount self-development books & YouTube videos (including MJ's Unscripted ) I finally arrived at this forum, now fitter & stronger both in mind & body.
I havent watched TV or playing useless computer games since I can remember, instead I am spending my evenings learning to program, eat healthy & keep fit.

I so excited to start round two of the 35 days course on 8 July with the aim to hit the 12% body fat mark. If I do not make it, it will have been a blast and I will just have to contain my excitement for the following five week session.

The MOST IMPORTANT ADVICE i can share is:
There will always be "something" that prevents you from starting until this & that is over.

1) Stop bullshitting to yourself! Pick a start date & begin preparations
2) Have courage to succeed! Didn't reach your ultimate goal!? If you worked had you CANNOT fail, trust me.
3) Commit yourself Fully to the process! FULLY!!! Warning this could result in tears of joy on the last day!

Your body & mind will thank you! So
1) pick a date in the near future,
2) prepare a diet plan (recommend: combo of keto-diet and intermittent fasting every day)
3) prepare your workout schedule (early morning after a two coffees, 45 mins before eating breakfast and when your at least 12 hours fasted is optimal for fat breaking & hormones etc.)
4) Fridge pickers wear bigger knickers - NO SNACKING
5) No more than 4 days working out in a row, do not underestimate the power of rest days
6) Sleep (8 hours minimum, though I could only ever get 7)

Hope this motivates someone & whom ever that may be...God speed fellow human!

For anyone interested in the bellyproof course btw. here is a link:

BellyProof / MovementFirst – Let's Get you Fit

B

I understand that was a quite a while ago. I should have re-iterated clearly in my last few posts & comments that I'm following something different, my apologies for mis-leading.

I am 100% behind you guys to achieve Frisella challenge and yes, in comparison, I have broken your alcohol law a few times.
Before beginning my last 5 week challenge in April I was obese and borderline alcohol dependent drinking a bottle of wine a day.
To get through a month with only that much alcohol consumption, it feels like I am winning. Sounds pretty pathetic to some people I know, but for myself it is an astronomical step in the right direction.

I know if I started with the Frisella challenge I would have failed. At least for me at that time it was far too big a commitment. By baby stepping, and while still massively outside my comfort zone its leading amazing progress with measured achievements and improvements.

I just want to help some of the people here see that even though they may have failed the 75 day challenge they have not failed themselves and pick themselves up and to keep going strong. How can you every reach your goals when the bar is set too high?

To keep it fair, I will pause my encouragement and nutrition advice until I listen to the podcast. I do not want to contradict with the principles of the 75 day challenge without substantial justification.

Ricko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jul 20, 2018
London, United Kingdom
Sounds pretty pathetic to some people

Nobody here would ever say that and if they did they'd be set upon!

Before beginning my last 5 week challenge in April I was obese and borderline alcohol dependent drinking a bottle of wine a day.

Congratulations, it sounds like you've already come really far. I think that you'd gain a huge amount by undertaking the challenge, yes you would fail a bunch of times but it is kind of the point. I think that Andy likes to equate it to our entrepreneurial ventures, get used to failing and get used to not giving a sh*t, brushing yourself off and going again.

So I will listen to it tonight/tomorrow with keen interest especially on his rants

The rants are hilarious and he uses profanity in the same way as Tony Robbins, to put emphasis on a point that he is making. I've honestly never heard someone say 'mother f***er' so many times in such a short space of time.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
It's great some of you are doing other things to improve yourselves but this is a specific challenge thread. Coming in here to criticize the rules (when not even doing it) is patronizing. it isn't a fitness challenge - it is a discipline challenge.

How can you every reach your goals when the bar is set too high?

I respect your progress with not drinking but take it to another thread and stop giving people an out who have already committed. If you fail the challenge you fail the challenge. This isn't some safe zone from the realities of failing. You either 100% complete this or you fail. That is the whole point.

Would you join a thread about completing a marathon and start telling everyone running is bad for your knees and it is fine to just walk on a treadmill instead?

This isn't a fitness debate thread. It is a specific challenge thread.
One that has already been proven to work by the people who finished it.

I truly think anyone on these forums can complete this - if they are committed. The rules are not unsafe and it is manageable. But it requires real change and discipline.

If you are in - great. If not then please start a different thread with your own progress.

Sander

When in doubt, dare.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Mar 19, 2014
Did my walk inside today. I'm used to do the walk outside every day.

Forgot all about it later, when I got on my indoor bike. After af couple of minutes it got to me "hey, this should be an outdoor workout".

So when I laced my running shoes, my wife said "shouldn't you be biking?"

"Nah, forgot this second workout must be outside".

She couldn't understand why I couldn't just get on the bike and do the second workout of the day indoor.

"But it's not playing by the rules" I said.

She didn't understand it. But I got my run in the book.

fishgodeep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
374%
Oct 11, 2015
Edmonton
Dia duit,

I am writing this while polishing a bar with my elbow in the Emerald Isle, Mother Erin, the land of Saints & Scholars etc. First drink since March and let me tell you lads and ladies the Guinness is mother’s milk.

Day 74 - 75 were interesting as I was flying half way across the world. Not exactly logistically advantageous I think you’d agree. So two days became one as I didn’t sleep, do you ever really sleep on a plane?

I chose to fast for the journey as I didn’t trust airport or airplane food. I didn’t want to cede control so kept it to myself. Say no to drugs and no to food when it’s questionable folks. It’s a very powerful feeling realizing how much control you really have when your willing to be uncomfortable. Seek discomfort. This has become a mantra constantly repeating itself along with the other voices in my head.

When I arrived at home in Ireland it was time to work. Mother of whoever you choose to worship do I ever love the work! I believe it was @KnightByDay who was saying he (or she, how dare I assume your gender) was becoming addicted to working out. I feel the same way. So I grabbed my wee brother who’s no longer very wee and hit the mats. Got many tasty rounds in. In the evening I went hiking with my wee wee brother (different one, more wee).

Wouldn’t have done any of this if it wasn’t for the program. Probably would have a made a bunch of bullshit excuses about being tired and went for a nap. This whole load of nonsense has been tremendous and I would instantly go into Phase 1 other than the fact I’m on holidays.

I see some of you arguing over inconsequential things and making things overly complicated which is confusing. I’m a knuckle dragger and as such love simplicity. If your interested in doing the program, do it and update in the thread accordingly. If your not interested in the challenge, don’t do it and don’t comment on people who are.

But maybe I’m missing something, there’s clearly some clever clogs out there with loads of studies about water poisoning and over training. Brilliant, enjoy your reading your studies. The rest of us are seeking knowledge through application, some may even call it process ;). Anyway to the ‘doers’ out there keep pushing forward and remember if your doing something worthwhile people are going to criticize you.

Here’s some pics to show results:

Day 1 - Day 75

1A510D79-4F19-41D6-BAD7-3A3A51545C6B.jpegB7C3ECFF-B106-4568-9914-726AA0E9E3CA.jpeg

To those who do and those who comment know that I truly love you all. But perhaps consider a little less talking and little more action.

Last edited:

Brewmacker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 17, 2019
The Netherlands
It's great some of you are doing other things to improve yourselves but this is a specific challenge thread. Coming in here to criticize the rules (when not even doing it) is patronizing. it isn't a fitness challenge - it is a discipline challenge.

I respect your progress with not drinking but take it to another thread and stop giving people an out who have already committed. If you fail the challenge you fail the challenge. This isn't some safe zone from the realities of failing. You either 100% complete this or you fail. That is the whole point.

Would you join a thread about completing a marathon and start telling everyone running is bad for your knees and it is fine to just walk on a treadmill instead?

I truly think anyone on these forums can complete this - if they are committed. The rules are not unsafe and it is manageable. But it requires real change and discipline.

If you are in - great. If not then please start a different thread with your own progress.

Yours and the others points are acknowledged Fox.
I shouldn't help those, who should learn to help themselves. I am very much behind people completing this challenge and really didn't mean to cause any conflict. It was an innocent mistake born out of ignorance of this process and that is my fault. My posts have been edited to remove any discrepancies between philosophies.

Keep going strong with the challenge and I'll think about making a separate fitness post in the future when I finally hit the 12% mark.

Good luck!

KnightByDay

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
414%
Oct 28, 2017
South Carolina
Dia duit,

I am writing this while polishing a bar with my elbow in the Emerald Isle, Mother Erin, the land of Saints & Scholars etc. First drink since March and let me tell you lads and ladies the Guinness is mother’s milk.

Day 74 - 75 were interesting as I was flying half way across the world. Not exactly logistically advantageous I think you’d agree. So two days became one as I didn’t sleep, do you ever really sleep on a plane?

I chose to fast for the journey as I didn’t trust airport or airplane food. I didn’t want to cede control so kept it to myself. Say no to drugs and no to food when it’s questionable folks. It’s a very powerful feeling realizing how much control you really have when your willing to be uncomfortable. Seek discomfort. This has become a mantra constantly repeating itself along with the other voices in my head.

When I arrived at home in Ireland it was time to work. Mother of whoever you choose to worship do I ever love the work! I believe it was @KnightByDay who was saying he (or she, how dare I assume your gender) was becoming addicted to working out. I feel the same way. So I grabbed my wee brother who’s no longer very wee and hit the mats. Got many tasty rounds in. In the evening I went hiking with my wee wee brother (different one, more wee).

Wouldn’t have done any of this if it wasn’t for the program. Probably would have a made a bunch of bullshit excuses about being tired and went for a nap. This whole load of nonsense has been tremendous and I would instantly go into Phase 1 other than the fact I’m on holidays.

I see some of you arguing over inconsequential things and making things overly complicated which is confusing. I’m a knuckle dragger and as such love simplicity. If your interested in doing the program, do it and update in the thread accordingly. If your not interested in the challenge, don’t do it and don’t comment on people who are.

But maybe I’m missing something, there’s clearly some clever clogs out there with loads of studies about water poisoning and over training. Brilliant, enjoy your reading your studies. The rest of us are seeking knowledge through application, some may even call it process ;). Anyway to the ‘doers’ out there keep pushing forward and remember if your doing something worthwhile people are going to criticize you.

Here’s some pics to show results:

Day 1 - Day 75

View attachment 26488View attachment 26489

To those who do and those who comment know that I truly love you all. But perhaps consider a little less talking and little more action.

Shit, you got shredded as F*ck. Nice work and congratulations on finishing phase 0.

Yep, I'm definitely addicted to working out (and I identify as a masculine attack helicopter, so you can use the pronouns Huey or Cobra). Without alcohol, nicotine or bad food to use as an emotional crutch, working out makes me feel so good, I can't help but love it.

I agree about over-complicating the challenge, just do it or don't do it. It will build discipline and you will get shit done.

Day 71.

Yesterday around 6pm my sister was eating gluten free oreo knockoffs. I picked one up and smelled it, then put it back in the box. I hadn't eaten yet that day, so I went and lifted weights, then cooked dinner. I like to do something like that whenever I can, feel the immense desire to eat junk, then tell the desire to take a hike. It's a fun masochistic discipline exercise.

F*ck you, cookie.

fishgodeep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
374%
Oct 11, 2015
Edmonton
Shit, you got shredded as F*ck. Nice work and congratulations on finishing phase 0.

Yep, I'm definitely addicted to working out (and I identify as a masculine attack helicopter, so you can use the pronouns Huey or Cobra). Without alcohol, nicotine or bad food to use as an emotional crutch, working out makes me feel so good, I can't help but love it.

I agree about over-complicating the challenge, just do it or don't do it. It will build discipline and you will get shit done.

Day 71.

Yesterday around 6pm my sister was eating gluten free oreo knockoffs. I picked one up and smelled it, then put it back in the box. I hadn't eaten yet that day, so I went and lifted weights, then cooked dinner. I like to do something like that whenever I can, feel the immense desire to eat junk, then tell the desire to take a hike. It's a fun masochistic discipline exercise.

F*ck you, cookie.

F*ck that cookie Cobra. And thank you for the kind words. Your very close, see you on the other side

Fid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 26, 2017
Wroclaw, Poland
I like to do something like that whenever I can, feel the immense desire to eat junk, then tell the desire to take a hike. It's a fun masochistic discipline exercise.

I love how you've summarized self-control in one sentence. (Well, two sentences).

It's not about not feeling the desire to eat crap at all. It's about noticing the desire, acknowledging it, taking control and letting it go. This sounds like true power to me.

KnightByDay

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
414%
Oct 28, 2017
South Carolina
It's not about not feeling the desire to eat crap at all. It's about noticing the desire, acknowledging it, taking control and letting it go.

This has definitely been my experience. As someone who has dealt with binge-eating problems and being fat my whole life, the self-control I've gained thru this program (and also importantly, Keto and Intermittent Fasting via reduction in cravings) have been completely life changing.

Although I am enjoying and looking forward to exercise, it doesn't mean I want to do it all the time either.

I think many people (I know I did) think that you always will want to do the right thing when you develop discipline. Actually what I have found is you often don't, but you exercise that muscle of control long enough and it doesn't matter.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house

Day 71.

F*ck you, cookie.

HA! OMG That's halarious. "F*ck you, cookie."

I literally do the same thing with real oreos. I pick it up. Smell it. Open my mouth like I'm gonna eat it, then put it back in the jar.

Every time I smell french fries I make a huge deal about it and my girlfriend is always telling me to knock it off because she's trying to be supportive. I'm like, "Babe, I'm not going to eat any, I just want to soak up how bad I want to."

Day 33 here. Cruising now. I'm glad there is still a ways to go because I see tons more improving to do.

Snoophek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Oct 8, 2016
tldr; Before you take on a challenge, carefully consider if it's in line with your core values and beliefs. Finishing it should not be a question, but an imperative. Find ways to stay present and enjoy the process, otherwise it doesn't make any sense.

Yesterday I finished day 30. This time it marks the end of the challenge for me. I do not wish to continue further, because of the reasons I’ll elaborate later on in this post. I’m immensely grateful for this past month – for stumbling upon the challenge, for my stubbornness in completing the 30 days and for all of you guys, trying to beat it together.

I do not know if there was a month in my life that taught me more than this month. Usually change takes an awful lot of time, but I actually feel that I’ve taken a quantum leap in my mindset and knowledge. My attitude towards food and eating got rewired. I gained a ton of insight into how my environment and the people around me influence my life and my outcomes. My self respect and sense of efficacy skyrocketed – and along with those, I gained a deep sense of motivation I haven’t experienced ever before, stemming from a growing belief that I’m actually capable to follow through with my decisions and plans. Those 30 days were hard. Even though I had practically perfect conditions to execute it – since it is my summer break and I had next to none obligations – it was damn hard at times and I can only imagine how hard it is for people who have kids, long hours at work or other serious commitments. You guys have my deepest respect.

Here’s my biggest takeaway (huge thank you to @Yoda for steering me in this direction): everything worth anything requires serious effort. It is not just hard. It is backbreakingly hard for an atrocious amount of time. Some days will be a breeze, but then some days will be like chewing shit whilst knowing there’s still 45 shitpiles to chew through. Those are the days that count. Those are the days that test you. And if you’re not 100% certain why you want to get through this, you’re done. You’ll fail. Those 2% of uncertainty will kill you.

What I’ve learned is that there’re really two crucial components to achieving any goal. First is that achieving the goal is imperative in your mind. The goal is you. It is in line with your deepest values and beliefs, it stems from what you think the world is and what is your place in this world. You don’t have to search for motivation, because there is simply no other option. You have reasons for achieving the goals are unshaken, because they’re foundational to who you’re are. The trees grow leaves and you grow actions that move you towards your success. It has to be that natural, that obvious.

Second thing is: the true goal is to find a way to enjoy the process. If you don’t enjoy the process, you’re lying to yourself in a deep way. This fixation on the future strips the journey of the whole meaning. Even if you do achieve your goals in this way (which is unlikely) they won’t bring you what you were looking for. Life is always going on now. Goals are there only to show you a direction. By and of themselves, they’re meaningless. Don’t sacrifice your life for an illusion. Your life is always going on now. Once you crush X, it goes back to 0. Now it's time to crush Y. The whole game is about striving, not about the finish line.

-----

Those two reasons are why I’m not continuing the challenge. It taught me some immensely valuable lessons, but now it’s time to let go. I do not think it 100% aligns with my values and beliefs (it’s mainly the gallon of water a day – I do not think it is beneficial for me and I actually think is detrimental to my well being at this point in my life. I pretty much never drank because I felt that my body needed it, but it was rather a constant battle to chug down whatever I had to. I’ll happily continue to drink around 3l though, as this feels like a sweet spot). Even though I’m quitting this challenge (which is different than failing in my eyes), I’ll remain forever changed by the experiences I had in the past 30 days. My attitude towards food, water, alcohol, reading and discipline is vastly different than a mere month ago. I’m thankful for this time and I also wanted to thank you guys for sharing this experience with me and others, as it truly felt like a joined effort to achieve something amazing. I hope you will stay strong and crush whatever many days you have left.

A mind stretched by a new experience can never go back to its former dimensions. ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes

KnightByDay

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
414%
Oct 28, 2017
South Carolina
Day 75.

I'm about to read my 10 pages and hop into bed, then I'm done. I may do another post about my thoughts and experiences later in the week, but for now I'll share my progress pics as promised. (Gratuitious manboobs warning)

Left: 214.6lbs - Day 1
Right: 189.2lbs - Day 75

Although I'm proud of my progress I'm not happy with where I'm at yet physically. I am confident now that I will get there, eventually, thanks to this challenge. I feel like I have proven something to myself, and I'm excited for the future.

Good luck to everyone still grinding away, and anyone thinking of doing the challenge... just do it, but be prepared for what it really takes.

fishgodeep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
374%
Oct 11, 2015
Edmonton
Day 75.

I'm about to read my 10 pages and hop into bed, then I'm done. I may do another post about my thoughts and experiences later in the week, but for now I'll share my progress pics as promised. (Gratuitious manboobs warning)

View attachment 26567

Although I'm proud of my progress I'm not happy with where I'm at yet physically. I am confident now that I will get there, eventually, thanks to this challenge. I feel like I have proven something to myself, and I'm excited for the future.

Good luck to everyone still grinding away, and anyone thinking of doing the challenge... just do it, but be prepared for what it really takes.

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Day 75.

View attachment 26567

Legend!

Well done man and thanks for all your help to others and myself on here.

Congrats.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.