The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does anyone REALLY wake up excited in the morning?

NeoDialectic

Successfully Exited the Rat Race
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
688%
Feb 11, 2022
Phoenix, az
I guess my thoughts may be caused by some chemical imbalance. But in my mind, it's clear that I feel like this because of what I think about. Otherwise I would feel shitty all the time, regardless of what I would be doing. And yet I can function well if I don't think about it (for example, during a workout).

Granted, it's also often being said that being depressed doesn't necessarily mean staying in bed all day long and looking like shit. Many people look happy on the outside while they're dead inside.

Can't speak for everyone. For me: I wouldn't be able to trust a so-called "professional" to mess with my brain. Also, psychology isn't physics. You can have a session with a PT who will help you with back pain regardless of whether you have the same views on life or not.

But if you have a mental problem, a psychotherapist may have completely different beliefs than you on what constitutes a happy, healthy mind. For example, I'm often extreme in life. And that makes me feel good to occasionally do something extremely hard. If I were given advice to "tone it down" (because the therapist would be a vanilla dude who never pushes himself hard) it would be shitty advice that would make my life worse.

That's a good explanation and better than what I was able to write.
I've never personally had therapy or been to a psychologist.....however to my understanding a COMPETENT psychologist isn't supposed to give you advice, make choices, or guide you (unless you go there for that and maybe ask for it?). A good psychologist is supposed to teach you the tools to do all of it yourself. So ideally you go for X sessions until you finally have the tools to dig yourself out of the hole and prevent ever getting into it.

Again, I dont have first hand experience with going to one, so I dont know how often they actually abide by this. But the point is you should be able to find a good one.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I think I'm sleepy when I wake up. After that, if I have a project I'm working on that I really like, I do get... excited? Maybe motivated + positively anticipating. I mean, I'm not excited like atoms in a nuclear reactor, or like a 5 year old waiting for birthday cake. That would be too much before coffee :troll:

If you want to feel positive at the start of your day, I do think it helps to work on things you care about. That motivation or care is different for different people. I look forward to making new things and troubleshooting my own designs. I might 20% care if anyone else appreciates the thing... I really do it for the pleasure of finding things out. I could get motivated about planting things, designing a building, trying out a new software idea, or designing and building a machine.

I have effectively no motivation around making a sale, counting money, or getting so-many likes on some social media thing. I can do any of those things if the expected result is that I will have time and resources to do the aforementioned things that I actually care about. I think my low motivation around money and social feedback is a result of having a high sense of security around those things. "Not understanding something important" sounds risky and bad to me, while "not having money in my pocket" sounds ephemeral and fairly easily remedied. If I had a lack of money over a long period that restricted my success, I believe my motivation would shift in that direction.

It sounds convenient to have motivations that are exactly aligned with gaining wealth, but not everyone is wired that way by default. We're wired instead for positive social feedback, thrill seeking, winning in competitive scenarios, or other things. So, work with what you've got, to the extent that you need. If you like planting forests, it might be a good thing to do more of. It might also motivate you to do things that make money, but if you're planting forests, money is just one facilitating resource.

To me, fulfilling the motivating tendencies is more important than being "rewarded," or gaining measures of success like money or popularity. I wouldn't want to push myself into more and more work for riches or fame or whatever, only to neglect the things that actually make me feel satisfied. That would be a kind of self torment wouldn't it? It's backward. So my priority is making sure I can do what I want to do. If gaining rewards from external sources was really what motivated me, I'm sure that's what I would focus on.

By the way, there is a purpose to life. "Life" the concept or phenomenon has as its most basic purpose, "to continue." How else would you explain the commonality between all living things, being focused on survival and generational continuity? There are many mechanisms and strategies at play, but they all come down to continuation, the purpose.

Beyond that, to continue requires some excess in order to not be easily interrupted. A bit more than the minimum power, a bit more than the minimum stored energy, the minimum social influence, etc. To have more than you need, enough to have security in the first-order concept that animates you, is the beginning of what it means "to thrive." It gives you fault tolerance and assurance around continuity. So a higher order purpose can be derived by assuming the most basic observable purpose, and applying that to an environment that introduces risk and uncertainty.

In order to monitor its success, Life (really, the living thing) needs some system of measurement doesn't it? I tend to think of this as "to be happy," but "satisfied" or "content" are just as good. No measurement system is perfect, but as far as qualitative measures, these ideas work pretty well as a measure of success. If a living thing is not happy, is dissatisfied, is not content; that's an indicator of some deficit, somewhere in its routine, diet, environment, risk assessment, or other prospects for success. The living thing may become preoccupied with this discontent, attempting to identify it, analyze it, respond to it, fix it. That's one part of motivation.

Generally if someone asked me "what is the purpose of Life?" My immediate answer would be "to be happy and thrive." I'm probably being too liberal with my definition of "purpose" by including a scale of "measurement," but I like it.

Your purpose might be something else. The purpose of "your life," being the span of time during which you remain animated, might be something else. Life, the animating concept that makes it possible for you to collect matter and direct it via your discrete agency, has an objectively observable purpose. Any purpose in the genitive -- your purpose, your life's purpose, etc. -- is subjective. You decide what it is, and you can change your mind and set a new purpose.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Maybe this will make me sound like an ungrateful F*ck but when I receive such emails I'm like "thank you, I appreciate it" and that's it. I forget about it a second later. I get no "omg that's so awesome" feelings. I never understood how people get off so much on these thank-you emails. I feel more meaning when I make a sale.

And frankly, I often don't even believe these emails and consider them exaggerations. That may speak about my self-esteem and not the person emailing me, though.

Apart from that, I get a way more rewarding feeling when I motivate a friend in person during a workout and he pushes his limits. Online is too abstract for me even though I spend so much time online. Yet, I wouldn't want to have an offline business as I value my location independence too much and travel too often.
I get more of a buzz helping people on a Zoom call where I can see them. They’re no longer just a number or even just a name. How many people have you helped over Zoom @MTF? If money was no object and you were to help someone over Zoom or in person then what would you help them with?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Maybe this will make me sound like an ungrateful F*ck but when I receive such emails I'm like "thank you, I appreciate it" and that's it. I forget about it a second later. I get no "omg that's so awesome" feelings. I never understood how people get off so much on these thank-you emails. I feel more meaning when I make a sale.

And frankly, I often don't even believe these emails and consider them exaggerations. That may speak about my self-esteem and not the person emailing me, though.

Apart from that, I get a way more rewarding feeling when I motivate a friend in person during a workout and he pushes his limits. Online is too abstract for me even though I spend so much time online. Yet, I wouldn't want to have an offline business as I value my location independence too much and travel too often.
I didn’t mean online. I meant in person. Maybe you aren’t doing enough things to get that in person.

Do you ever really see your impact on others, if any?

Fasted

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 18, 2021
UK
Does anyone honestly wake up excited in the morning?

If so, what do you do?

I've always felt that this whole "create the life you can't wait to wake up to" is bullshit propagated by self-help gurus and maybe only lived by abnormally happy people who have some kind of a genetic make-up to feel like that most of the time.
Do you mean just in the morning? Like morning depression? Cause I have this and think it's mainly due to insomnia which I get a lot. Once I've been up for an hour or so done a workout and have a coffee I'm good to go and it passes. If it lasts the whole day I'd be worried and would look into it, but doesn't everyone feel like shit in the morning?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I get more of a buzz helping people on a Zoom call where I can see them. They’re no longer just a number or even just a name. How many people have you helped over Zoom @MTF? If money was no object and you were to help someone over Zoom or in person then what would you help them with?

I don't help people over Zoom because I suck at talking and more importantly, don't enjoy having video/audio calls. In-person is better but it's still not the same as being able to sit alone by myself, collect my thoughts, and give a thought-out response.

What I would help people with in person? Excluding things I would need to spend more time learning how to teach to be good enough at teaching them (like swimming) I'd say it would primarily be something that has zero commercial use: stuff like walking barefoot, not caring what others think when following your own (eccentric) truths, how to push yourself and do hard stuff, etc. I don't see any clear markets here and I still wouldn't feel comfortable being some kind of a BS life/self-improvement coach.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I didn’t mean online. I meant in person. Maybe you aren’t doing enough things to get that in person.

Do you ever really see your impact on others, if any?

In person almost never other than helping my girlfriend, friends, or family. The thing is that I'm largely a recluse. I don't enjoy spending time with more than 1, at most 2 people at a time. If there's more, I tend to retreat and don't want to be there. And yes, I've tried multiple times to get comfortable with it by attending conferences, group classes, meeting up with a few friends at once, etc.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Do you mean just in the morning? Like morning depression? Cause I have this and think it's mainly due to insomnia which I get a lot. Once I've been up for an hour or so done a workout and have a coffee I'm good to go and it passes. If it lasts the whole day I'd be worried and would look into it, but doesn't everyone feel like shit in the morning?

Apparently your favorite life coach guru jumps from his bed at 5 am, leaps into his ice cold bath yelling "I'm the best thing that happened to this world" and then heads out to bless with his presence his incredible family, employees, and strangers.

That was why I asked this question. I was curious if such a thing really exists or if it's another BS fabricated by self-help gurus.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Apparently your favorite life coach guru jumps from his bed at 5 am, leaps into his ice cold bath yelling "I'm the best thing that happened to this world" and then heads out to bless with his presence his incredible family, employees, and strangers.

That was why I asked this question. I was curious if such a thing really exists or if it's another BS fabricated by self-help gurus.
Gurus are intentionally over the top though. Their real model, most of the time, is to snow you with lots of activity and emotional charge so that you'll temporarily forget that you're "stuck." It might even work every so often, as a kind of catharsis. But mostly it sets new priorities by pushing your emotional buttons; priorities their marketing team wants you to have. Buy this book or this seminar, max out all your credit cards for this once in a lifetime opportunity that expires in 30 minutes.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
In person almost never other than helping my girlfriend, friends, or family. The thing is that I'm largely a recluse. I don't enjoy spending time with more than 1, at most 2 people at a time. If there's more, I tend to retreat and don't want to be there. And yes, I've tried multiple times to get comfortable with it by attending conferences, group classes, meeting up with a few friends at once, etc.
Maybe you can help animals and nature then. Volunteer at an animal sanctuary or nature preserve.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Maybe you can help animals and nature then. Volunteer at an animal sanctuary or nature preserve.

I once wanted to figure out a way to run a business that would support the environment somehow (similar to your model with Max and Neo) but can't figure out what kind of a business would make sense for reforestation efforts. I guess I could do whatever and simply donate a portion of profits but that would be too boring.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I once wanted to figure out a way to run a business that would support the environment somehow (similar to your model with Max and Neo) but can't figure out what kind of a business would make sense for reforestation efforts. I guess I could do whatever and simply donate a portion of profits but that would be too boring.
Just go volunteer. It doesn’t have to be a business.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I don't help people over Zoom because I suck at talking and more importantly, don't enjoy having video/audio calls. In-person is better but it's still not the same as being able to sit alone by myself, collect my thoughts, and give a thought-out response.

What I would help people with in person? Excluding things I would need to spend more time learning how to teach to be good enough at teaching them (like swimming) I'd say it would primarily be something that has zero commercial use: stuff like walking barefoot, not caring what others think when following your own (eccentric) truths, how to push yourself and do hard stuff, etc. I don't see any clear markets here and I still wouldn't feel comfortable being some kind of a BS life/self-improvement coach.
You’ve written books, and sold books on Amazon. I’m sure you could talk about either for ages without needing to do any research.

I’m not saying to do that, just that you do have lots of things you’re already super knowledgeable about.

I’m not saying to help people on Zoom either. Just asking what you might have helped people with and had you ever done it so you saw the person you helped. I was wondering if seeing the person you help makes a difference compared to sending an email to 500 faceless people.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Does anyone honestly wake up excited in the morning?

If so, what do you do?

I've always felt that this whole "create the life you can't wait to wake up to" is bullshit propagated by self-help gurus and maybe only lived by abnormally happy people who have some kind of a genetic make-up to feel like that most of the time.
I agree with @SteveO, I use cannabis + melatonin on nights when I want a good deep sleep. The cannabis is a microdose - 1.25 mg. Not enough to even feel stoned. It works wonders when I need to have a night of deep, restful sleep.

All of my childhood was spent with a parent that was miserable in the morning, and that habit corroded my life for years before I formed a 5 minute routine at night of outlining the kind of day I wanted to have the next day. Wrote it down, planned it out, and wrote down all the things I needed to do, so I could go to bed with a clean slate, an empty mind. Like the action of waves on the sand, wiping away the concerns, worries, and to-do lists.

I still struggle with waking up in a funk, but it is much better when I put in some effort to see how lucky I really am. Like if I listed all the blessings in my life—sight, touch, taste, the ability to hear music, to feel the sun and wind on me, to experience a perfectly made pizza Napoletana or tiramisu, a place to sleep at night, a safe & peaceful neighborhood, food in the fridge, a kid that's healthy, A/C, etc. Simple stuff. Man, I have it made. No complaints. This shift in my framing of the situation works wonders. Like, what the hell else do I want in life?

You've probably done these things, and I do believe the biological makeup of some people makes it very difficult to wake up happy, but man I put in an honest effort on my part to get there. I hope you find something that works for you.

Last edited:

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Forest farm? You grow pods of mutualistic trees/shrubs and mushrooms, harvest the mushrooms and fruit/nuts/drupes/leaves, and it provides habitat, socks away carbon, improves the soil, etc. My father in law is an extraordinary botanist and educated me about this concept.

I've also seen large forest tracts that have a tangential business model supporting them. eg: natural gas wells, contracts with local universities for forestry research (people getting their PhD in Elk Ethology or Beetle Studies have to go somewhere...), sometimes layered with a hunting or fishing lease, a few cabins and hiking trails, etc. From time to time the trees need to be thinned to provide food for animals and fire resilience etc, so if you have enough acreage you get periodic cashflows for beneficial cutting (not clear cutting and leaving a desert).

Figuring out how to turn habitat development into a viable business model is a Great Work. If you can make it work well enough that other people copy you, even better. Money will pour into developing resilient ecosystems. We'll have more forests, better habitat for wild animals and insects, etc.

I'm moving toward some forestry projects myself. Mine don't necessarily have a business model behind them. My personal requirement is just that the project benefits the land and the ecosystem, and of course I'll enjoy the land for what it is.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
After all this reading sir, I think the problem you have is, you dont have any interesting thing to do in your life(as you said you have meet your financial goals). But as a human one must have a final goal for which whole life is not enough (for me its finding truths about universe, existence, immortality etc.).
When you wake up and you know you have to do same shit again that's when excitement about life is gone. Monotonous life leads to these kind of shit, i think.
I don't know you @MTF but I was going to write something similar to this. My problem in the past was that I didn't have something to look forward to when I went to bed, and that sucked.

If I had this problem myself, I would write down my ideal life 1-3 years from now and commit to enjoying the process of working a little every day to get there. Find art. Find a martial art. Find a craft or an activity that I can master and SHARE the experience, and get good enough to give back. Contribution means many things to many people, but there is something out there interesting enough, and worthwhile enough for you to invest your time and talents in, and create something extraordinary.

Because every step of that journey is a foolishly hopeful statement to a cold and indifferent world.
Why not? F*ck it.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Forest farm? You grow pods of mutualistic trees/shrubs and mushrooms, harvest the mushrooms and fruit/nuts/drupes/leaves, and it provides habitat, socks away carbon, improves the soil, etc. My father in law is an extraordinary botanist and educated me about this concept.

I considered stuff like that. It makes little sense in my country compared to a place like Florida where you can grow almost whatever you want year round.

Here you have most work between spring and the summer when I'd like to enjoy good weather. This, plus I don't live here year round so that's a barrier as well.

I also considered a nursery of native trees but most people would rather plant shitty exotic species in their backyards and keep destroying the environment even further.

I've also seen large forest tracts that have a tangential business model supporting them. eg: natural gas wells, contracts with local universities for forestry research (people getting their PhD in Elk Ethology or Beetle Studies have to go somewhere...), sometimes layered with a hunting or fishing lease, a few cabins and hiking trails, etc. From time to time the trees need to be thinned to provide food for animals and fire resilience etc, so if you have enough acreage you get periodic cashflows for beneficial cutting (not clear cutting and leaving a desert).

Yep I considered finding a forested plot of land in a nice natural area and building a small cabin there for vacation rentals. Then if it worked, repeat it in another area.

Secluded vacation rentals in my country are usually either large houses for groups of people or there are several houses on the same plot (so no real privacy).

The challenge is that I'm the world's worst handyman, still have trauma from my last home rehab a few years ago, and there's absolutely no way I wouldn't be scammed by construction workers. So in other words, it doesn't suit my skills and I've had enough experience to know that I would absolutely hate to go through something like that again.

Figuring out how to turn habitat development into a viable business model is a Great Work. If you can make it work well enough that other people copy you, even better. Money will pour into developing resilient ecosystems. We'll have more forests, better habitat for wild animals and insects, etc.

How will money pour into this? I generally see ideas like these completely against the current trends since everyone would rather chop up the land into small plots and build houses there. I don't see a sustainable, for-profit way to do this because there's no financial incentive here.

People don't plant forests for the animals to be left alone there. They plant them so they can later exploit whatever resources the forests produce. These two goals are in conflict.

I'm moving toward some forestry projects myself. Mine don't necessarily have a business model behind them. My personal requirement is just that the project benefits the land and the ecosystem, and of course I'll enjoy the land for what it is.

Could you share any specifics? What do you plan to do?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
If I had this problem myself, I would write down my ideal life 1-3 years from now and commit to enjoying the process of working a little every day to get there. Find art. Find a martial art. Find a craft or an activity that I can master and SHARE the experience, and get good enough to give back.

See my brain doesn't function like that anymore. That's how it worked for me a decade ago but not now.

These days, I can't define my ideal life anymore. I get literally ZERO motivation from this exercise. There's nothing that I desire so much that I'd care to work for it and that I think would somehow make my life "ideal."

I can imagine a few things that would be cool and at the same time I know that achieving them wouldn't change shit. I'd still be stuck in my shitty brain.

And I did start many new things last year and most notably stuck with MMA and freediving. I enjoy these activities but I'll never get good enough at them to be anything more than mediocre at best. It's not helplessness, it's just reality considering my age and abilities.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
See my brain doesn't function like that anymore. That's how it worked for me a decade ago but not now.

These days, I can't define my ideal life anymore. I get literally ZERO motivation from this exercise. There's nothing that I desire so much that I'd care to work for it and that I think would somehow make my life "ideal."

I can imagine a few things that would be cool and at the same time I know that achieving them wouldn't change shit. I'd still be stuck in my shitty brain.

And I did start many new things last year and most notably stuck with MMA and freediving. I enjoy these activities but I'll never get good enough at them to be anything more than mediocre at best. It's not helplessness, it's just reality considering my age and abilities.
Wow.
I hope you find something brother.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I agree with @SteveO, I use cannabis + melatonin on nights when I want a good deep sleep. The cannabis is a microdose - 1.25 mg. Not enough to even feel stoned. It works wonders when I need to have a night of deep, restful sleep.

All of my childhood was spent with a parent that was miserable in the morning, and that habit corroded my life for years before I formed a 5 minute routine at night of outlining the kind of day I wanted to have the next day. Wrote it down, planned it out, and wrote down all the things I needed to do, so I could go to bed with a clean slate, an empty mind. Like the action of waves on the sand, wiping away the concerns, worries, and to-do lists.

I still struggle with waking up in a funk, but it is much better when I put in some effort to see how lucky I really am. Like if I listed all the blessings in my life—sight, touch, taste, the ability to hear music, to feel the sun and wind on me, to experience a perfectly made pizza Napoletana or tiramisu, a place to sleep at night, a safe & peaceful neighborhood, food in the fridge, a kid that's healthy, A/C, etc. Simple stuff. Man, I have it made. No complaints. This shift in my framing of the situation works wonders. Like, what the hell else do I want in life?

You've probably done these things, and I do believe the biological makeup of some people makes it very difficult to wake up happy, but man I put in an honest effort on my part to get there. I hope you find something that works for you.
A little THC helps me sleep through the night. I don’t take it all the time, maybe once a week. A half dose like 5mg or even 2.5mg.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I mean do you want somebody to hack your brain and force you to be happy?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I considered stuff like that. It makes little sense in my country compared to a place like Florida where you can grow almost whatever you want year round.
Man, you are a full of limiting beliefs.

Why does there have to be a reason to do what you’re doing if you’re just trying to find reasons to be fulfilled or to help.

Here’s an example that me and @JasonR did two years ago. There were these two potholes in the road. And we just got tired of slowing down every time we came to the pothole.

So one day me and Jason went to a store and bought 10 bags of gravel, and picked up a bunch of rocks on the side of the road, put them in our truck and filled the potholes.

While we were filling the potholes many cars drove by and asked us if we worked for the road department. We said no we were just filling potholes. And almost everybody thanked us for doing so because they were sick of driving over these two potholes also.

We probably spent $100 and two hours of backbreaking work to complete this. No financial gain for us, but every time we go back to this road it’s nice to see that our filling job is still there. Almost nobody will know why one day those potholes disappeared. Sometimes you just pick a project and do it and be fulfilled.

Below is Jason filling the hole.
916664E3-5678-4A4E-810B-5333EC868C80.jpeg

Below top pic is the pothole filled on day 1 and the bottom pic is a year later when we returned.
5FB4796D-4364-44DD-88D5-8C06B35D54CF.jpeg

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I’ve noticed this too @MTF.

You seem wired at the moment to find reasons something won’t work rather than reasons something will.

A lot of your responses are “Yes, but” rather than “Yes, and”.

I wonder if those words and ways of thinking are partly what’s painted you into the corner you're in.

For those that haven’t read it… here’s a thread about the power of words:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
There are days, when no alarm rings.
Than I m excited to get a coffee, stay in bed some time, make my thoughts about the day and problems ( sometimes I call that work).
I m excited making work on my house or for riding motocross.
And there is my job.
Thankful I am , that I can manage my job as I like it.
So maybe I wake up, sometimes at 6.30, sometimes at 8,30, as I lime.
Make an hour or 2 working on my garage or my house.
Make some hours job work as I organisated for me.

Other days the alarm rings, I get up, take my coffee into the car, driving to my job work.
Thankfully its a job I like, revenue dependent pay, self organisated. When I d loose my job, I only could be an entrepreneur, as I nearly am now.

3rd kind of days: wake up, drink coffee with my loved wife and partner while lying patience cards as we do since 30 years.
No matter, if I work afterwards, either job or for myself, I enjoy these days very much.

I am so thankful for this my life.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Why does there have to be a reason to do what you’re doing if you’re just trying to find reasons to be fulfilled or to help.

Because if I don't consider a given solution from every angle, I'll inevitably end up in an even bigger hole than I am now.

I've already done this to myself a few times and in one notable case lost over $10k on it (not mentioning horrible mental anguish and being threatened with a lawsuit - not going to share more details) without ever solving the problem.

Thanks for sharing the pothole story.

Jerma

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Aug 10, 2020
Canada
When I read that I think :
  • You know what you should do.
  • You are suppressing yourself by convincing yourself that it's actually not actually worth doing.
How can you know how you will feel in the future? Nobody can. Maybe try trusting that part of yourself that is excited about things again? Forget logic for a second and take a small leap of faith. Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I’ve noticed this too @MTF.

You seem wired at the moment to find reasons something won’t work rather than reasons something will.

A lot of your responses are “Yes, but” rather than “Yes, and”.

I wonder if those words and ways of thinking are partly what’s painted you into the corner you're in.

For those that haven’t read it… here’s a thread about the power of words:

My mind is extremely pessimistic these days. I don't think this can be understood on a logical level or solved with a clever word game.

I think maybe it's time to close this thread because I'm wasting people's time that they could spend on someone less hopeless.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
When I read that I think :
  • You know what you should do.
  • You are suppressing yourself by convincing yourself that it's actually not actually worth doing.
How can you know how you will feel in the future? Nobody can. Maybe try trusting that part of yourself that is excited about things again? Forget logic for a second and take a small leap of faith. Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.

I know how setting goals, achieving them, and not feeling any different made me feel in the past. I think I can extrapolate it into the future. For now all I can hope for is that somehow this feeling will go away for a while (and probably return again in the future).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.