The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does anyone have experience with b2b lead gen tools?

Marketing, social media, advertising
G

GuestR401x3

I work in sales for a b2b saas company and we are starting to do some outbound cold calling/cold emailing.

At first, it wasn't too difficult to just use google to find companies I want to talk to and then call them. But now we want to up the volume and I am spending way too much time researching companies and making sure they are fits before I call.

I am currently looking into some lead gen tools like Seamless.ai, apollo.io, ZoomInfo etc and was curious if anyone on here has experience and recommendations. I know ZoomInfo seems to be the leader and also the most expensive, but if it gives a better ROI then it's worthwhile.

Thanks in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
I've actually tried several of these tools out, with the exception of ZoomInfo because of the price.

Of the ones I tried, Seamless was the best.

However, I know Zoom is better and updated quicker.

I have an email address I know that no one else has, because I haven't used it except internally at my company. I get cold call sales all the time and I take the time to ask the emailer/caller where they got this specific email/number since I have on purpose never used it anywhere except internally at my company.

Every single one of them says ZoomInfo.

Part of the reason why is, once you sign up.. one of their plans offers you ( I think ) more data/use if you share your contacts. One of our sales people did this.

Smart.

They are the only company I know that does this.

Outside of ZoomInfo, I had best luck with Seamless

G

GuestR401x3

I've actually tried several of these tools out, with the exception of ZoomInfo because of the price.

Of the ones I tried, Seamless was the best.

However, I know Zoom is better and updated quicker.

I have an email address I know that no one else has, because I haven't used it except internally at my company. I get cold call sales all the time and I take the time to ask the emailer/caller where they got this specific email/number since I have on purpose never used it anywhere except internally at my company.

Every single one of them says ZoomInfo.

Part of the reason why is, once you sign up.. one of their plans offers you ( I think ) more data/use if you share your contacts. One of our sales people did this.

Smart.

They are the only company I know that does this.

Outside of ZoomInfo, I had best luck with Seamless
Thanks for the reply, what about seamless did you like better?

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
Thanks for the reply, what about seamless did you like better?

Couple of things:

1. I had other email addresses at other companies years ago and I plugged my name or old company in all the tools and 90% of the time, Seamless got the email right. Many others had the email wrong. So accuracy was one reason.

2. Most of the emails I sent out where I got the contact from Seamless, did not bounce or give me an error.

I think getting a response is all in the email copy and followup with the cold call outreach, so I didn't judge the tools on if I got a response or ROI. I judged it on the data and if it was correct and if I didn't bounces and errors on the send since really that is what the tools provide ( the correct info ).

ROI can be up and down based on the email itself, copy and follow up and timing.. so I didn't judge on that.

G

GuestR401x3

Couple of things:

1. I had other email addresses at other companies years ago and I plugged my name or old company in all the tools and 90% of the time, Seamless got the email right. Many others had the email wrong. So accuracy was one reason.

2. Most of the emails I sent out where I got the contact from Seamless, did not bounce or give me an error.

I think getting a response is all in the email copy and followup with the cold call outreach, so I didn't judge the tools on if I got a response or ROI. I judged it on the data and if it was correct and if I didn't bounces and errors on the send since really that is what the tools provide ( the correct info ).

ROI can be up and down based on the email itself, copy and follow up and timing.. so I didn't judge on that.
Thanks that is helpful to know that their email quality seems to be better.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How about LinkedIn? Seems like a perfect fit.

G

GuestR401x3

ZoomInfo has a tool that looks interesting called intent. Pretty much is scrapes IP addresses and search history and can spit out a list of companies searching google for your service.
Does anyone have experience with this?

SPM_ENT

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Aug 1, 2017
Los Angeles
I work in sales for a b2b saas company and we are starting to do some outbound cold calling/cold emailing.

At first, it wasn't too difficult to just use google to find companies I want to talk to and then call them. But now we want to up the volume and I am spending way too much time researching companies and making sure they are fits before I call.

I am currently looking into some lead gen tools like Seamless.ai, apollo.io, ZoomInfo etc and was curious if anyone on here has experience and recommendations. I know ZoomInfo seems to be the leader and also the most expensive, but if it gives a better ROI then it's worthwhile.

Thanks in advance.
Not sure if this is what you're looking for but I hired a guy on Fiverr and told him the qualifications for the leads and what info I wanted. Things like their LI profile, IG profile, email, owners name, website, yelp, etc. Took the guy a few days and I have 700 new leads in my newest target area for about $150 usd.

Last edited:
G

GuestR401x3

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but I hired a guy on Fiverr and told him the qualifications for the leads and what info I wanted. Things like their LI profile, IG profile, email, owners name, website, yelp, etc. Took the guy a few days and I have 700 new leads in my newest target area for about $150 usd.
Interesting would like to learn more, how was the quality of the leads? Did you go industry specific, and how many of them actually fit your criteria?

SPM_ENT

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Aug 1, 2017
Los Angeles
Interesting would like to learn more, how was the quality of the leads? Did you go industry specific, and how many of them actually fit your criteria?
Industry-specific, yes. It's up to my sales guys to further quality them. I'd rather have my guys going after the targets and following up instead of spending their time trying to find the leads. Might be different in your case.

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
May 24, 2021
HI guys,

I am very new to Lead Generation tools.
I see you have mentioned quite a few - How do these work, do you input criteria for businesses you want to 'attack' & the tools qualifies them & outputs the close as possible leads with the contact info suited to your business needs?

G

GuestR401x3

Industry-specific, yes. It's up to my sales guys to further quality them. I'd rather have my guys going after the targets and following up instead of spending their time trying to find the leads. Might be different in your case.
I went ahead and gave this a shot. Didn't receive my results yet.

G

GuestR401x3

HI guys,

I am very new to Lead Generation tools.
I see you have mentioned quite a few - How do these work, do you input criteria for businesses you want to 'attack' & the tools qualifies them & outputs the close as possible leads with the contact info suited to your business needs?
You got it.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Thanks for responding MJ.

The problem with LinkedIn is that it doesn't provide email addresses or phone numbers, and if someone isn't on LinkedIn they won't show up.

I know that I'm late in answering this, but this will probably help future fastlaners find emails.

Say that you want to contact Wolfgang Goethe who works at Facebook. Facebook has probably standardized their email naming conventions, so you could try a few variations to see what works - w.goethe@facebook.com, wolfgang@facebook.com, wolfgang-goethe@facebook.com - you get the picture

You can use excel formulas to generate these emails based on their first name, last name, and company domain name. You can use some linkedin sales navigator scraper to get a bunch of names, dump them into a spreadsheet, then you can use the MID and concatenate functions to take sections of the names and combine them into an email pattern.

Sales navigator is like $100 per month, and some of those sales navigator scrapers run like $50-100 a month I think.

After you have the list of emails that you want to test, use a tool like neverbounce to verify that the emails work (roughly 1 cent per email verification). I would test some patterns first with a small sample of the data if you're verifying tens of thousands of emails, but once you're confident, let er' rip.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Lusha is my go-to app for gathering direct contact details fof b2b. It is primarily used in conjunction with linkedin but also works outside of it. Highly recommend.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.