The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Does anyone have experience with b2b lead gen tools?

Learn how to build wealth and win financial freedom the Fastlane way!

Say "NO" to mediocre living rife with jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs who are making it happen.
Join for FREE Today
Get the books
Remove ads? Join Fastlane INSIDERS
(Registration removes this block)
Marketing, social media, advertising

jetstoltz

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
May 29, 2021
I work in sales for a b2b saas company and we are starting to do some outbound cold calling/cold emailing.

At first, it wasn't too difficult to just use google to find companies I want to talk to and then call them. But now we want to up the volume and I am spending way too much time researching companies and making sure they are fits before I call.

I am currently looking into some lead gen tools like Seamless.ai, apollo.io, ZoomInfo etc and was curious if anyone on here has experience and recommendations. I know ZoomInfo seems to be the leader and also the most expensive, but if it gives a better ROI then it's worthwhile.

Thanks in advance.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 29, 2013
Louisville - Kentucky
I've actually tried several of these tools out, with the exception of ZoomInfo because of the price.

Of the ones I tried, Seamless was the best.

However, I know Zoom is better and updated quicker.

I have an email address I know that no one else has, because I haven't used it except internally at my company. I get cold call sales all the time and I take the time to ask the emailer/caller where they got this specific email/number since I have on purpose never used it anywhere except internally at my company.

Every single one of them says ZoomInfo.

Part of the reason why is, once you sign up.. one of their plans offers you ( I think ) more data/use if you share your contacts. One of our sales people did this.

Smart.

They are the only company I know that does this.

Outside of ZoomInfo, I had best luck with Seamless

jetstoltz

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
May 29, 2021
I've actually tried several of these tools out, with the exception of ZoomInfo because of the price.

Of the ones I tried, Seamless was the best.

However, I know Zoom is better and updated quicker.

I have an email address I know that no one else has, because I haven't used it except internally at my company. I get cold call sales all the time and I take the time to ask the emailer/caller where they got this specific email/number since I have on purpose never used it anywhere except internally at my company.

Every single one of them says ZoomInfo.

Part of the reason why is, once you sign up.. one of their plans offers you ( I think ) more data/use if you share your contacts. One of our sales people did this.

Smart.

They are the only company I know that does this.

Outside of ZoomInfo, I had best luck with Seamless
Thanks for the reply, what about seamless did you like better?

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 29, 2013
Louisville - Kentucky
Thanks for the reply, what about seamless did you like better?

Couple of things:

1. I had other email addresses at other companies years ago and I plugged my name or old company in all the tools and 90% of the time, Seamless got the email right. Many others had the email wrong. So accuracy was one reason.

2. Most of the emails I sent out where I got the contact from Seamless, did not bounce or give me an error.

I think getting a response is all in the email copy and followup with the cold call outreach, so I didn't judge the tools on if I got a response or ROI. I judged it on the data and if it was correct and if I didn't bounces and errors on the send since really that is what the tools provide ( the correct info ).

ROI can be up and down based on the email itself, copy and follow up and timing.. so I didn't judge on that.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jetstoltz

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
May 29, 2021
Couple of things:

1. I had other email addresses at other companies years ago and I plugged my name or old company in all the tools and 90% of the time, Seamless got the email right. Many others had the email wrong. So accuracy was one reason.

2. Most of the emails I sent out where I got the contact from Seamless, did not bounce or give me an error.

I think getting a response is all in the email copy and followup with the cold call outreach, so I didn't judge the tools on if I got a response or ROI. I judged it on the data and if it was correct and if I didn't bounces and errors on the send since really that is what the tools provide ( the correct info ).

ROI can be up and down based on the email itself, copy and follow up and timing.. so I didn't judge on that.
Thanks that is helpful to know that their email quality seems to be better.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How about LinkedIn? Seems like a perfect fit.

jetstoltz

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
May 29, 2021
How about LinkedIn? Seems like a perfect fit.
Thanks for responding MJ.

The problem with LinkedIn is that it doesn't provide email addresses or phone numbers, and if someone isn't on LinkedIn they won't show up.

jetstoltz

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
May 29, 2021
ZoomInfo has a tool that looks interesting called intent. Pretty much is scrapes IP addresses and search history and can spit out a list of companies searching google for your service.
Does anyone have experience with this?

Sujith_7

New Contributor
Aug 15, 2019
I have used several b2b lead generation tools. In the past, I have used Clickback and Leadfeeder.
Using these tools we have tracked down the website users, their domain and their location. These tools are worth trying. I would suggest you to try Leadfeeder as it is more accurate it extracting details.

Sujith_7

New Contributor
Aug 15, 2019
I have used several b2b lead generation tools. In the past, I have used Clickback and Leadfeeder.
Using these tools we have tracked down the website users, their domain and their location. These tools are worth trying. I would suggest you to try Leadfeeder as it is more accurate it extracting details.
Leedfeder also has a better customer support team too, who are on the alert to tackle any issue.
And one important thing to remember is that what type of lead, or from which channel you wish to generate. ie,

• Inbound lead gen tools: Helps to drive leads to your website.
  • Outbound lead gen tools: Helps find and message leads via email, calls, social media, etc.).
  • On-page lead gen tools: Helps capture leads via your website (lead capture forms).
  • CRO tools to increase leads: Improves how many leads convert into sales-qualified leads.
  • Marketing management tools: Measures performance to enhance lead gen campaigns and target quality leads.
  • Email marketing tools: Creates nurturing campaigns to keep prospects engaged and moving through the buyer’s journey.
  • Search marketing tools: Helps increase traffic that stems from paid and organic search to increase on-site leads.
I have used two different tools in the past. And currently using LUSHA for the prospecting purpose. We as a top mobile app development services firm which offers all tye of development assistance have been using this tool internally for some time. And the data are accurate. Please let me know if you need more information on this.

SPM_ENT

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Aug 1, 2017
Los Angeles
I work in sales for a b2b saas company and we are starting to do some outbound cold calling/cold emailing.

At first, it wasn't too difficult to just use google to find companies I want to talk to and then call them. But now we want to up the volume and I am spending way too much time researching companies and making sure they are fits before I call.

I am currently looking into some lead gen tools like Seamless.ai, apollo.io, ZoomInfo etc and was curious if anyone on here has experience and recommendations. I know ZoomInfo seems to be the leader and also the most expensive, but if it gives a better ROI then it's worthwhile.

Thanks in advance.
Not sure if this is what you're looking for but I hired a guy on Fiverr and told him the qualifications for the leads and what info I wanted. Things like their LI profile, IG profile, email, owners name, website, yelp, etc. Took the guy a few days and I have 700 new leads in my newest target area for about $150 usd.

Last edited:

jetstoltz

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
May 29, 2021
Not sure if this is what you're looking for but I hired a guy on Fiverr and told him the qualifications for the leads and what info I wanted. Things like their LI profile, IG profile, email, owners name, website, yelp, etc. Took the guy a few days and I have 700 new leads in my newest target area for about $150 usd.
Interesting would like to learn more, how was the quality of the leads? Did you go industry specific, and how many of them actually fit your criteria?

SPM_ENT

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Aug 1, 2017
Los Angeles
Interesting would like to learn more, how was the quality of the leads? Did you go industry specific, and how many of them actually fit your criteria?
Industry-specific, yes. It's up to my sales guys to further quality them. I'd rather have my guys going after the targets and following up instead of spending their time trying to find the leads. Might be different in your case.

SSTrey

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
May 24, 2021
HI guys,

I am very new to Lead Generation tools.
I see you have mentioned quite a few - How do these work, do you input criteria for businesses you want to 'attack' & the tools qualifies them & outputs the close as possible leads with the contact info suited to your business needs?

jetstoltz

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
May 29, 2021
Industry-specific, yes. It's up to my sales guys to further quality them. I'd rather have my guys going after the targets and following up instead of spending their time trying to find the leads. Might be different in your case.
I went ahead and gave this a shot. Didn't receive my results yet.

jetstoltz

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
May 29, 2021
HI guys,

I am very new to Lead Generation tools.
I see you have mentioned quite a few - How do these work, do you input criteria for businesses you want to 'attack' & the tools qualifies them & outputs the close as possible leads with the contact info suited to your business needs?
You got it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Must Read Books...

Explore books recommended by MJ DeMarco and other members of the Fastlane entrepreneurial community.
Fastlane Bookstore