The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does anyone have experience buying consumer data from a company like Equifax?

D

Deleted74925

These companies collect data on billions of people and then sell it.

Equifax
Nielsen
Experion
Corelogic

What do they require? What legal guildelines need to be met? How much does it cost?

Let's say that I wanted to get data on 5 people who had all signed consent forms and given me their SSN. Can I contact one of these companies and have them send me their data?

Obviously, it will be more complicated than this. Does anyone have experience with this type of transaction?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
These companies collect data on billions of people and then sell it.

Equifax
Nielsen
Experion
Corelogic

What do they require? What legal guildelines need to be met? How much does it cost?

Let's say that I wanted to get data on 5 people who had all signed consent forms and given me their SSN. Can I contact one of these companies and have them send me their data?

Obviously, it will be more complicated than this. Does anyone have experience with this type of transaction?
I've bought data from ListSource which is a Corelogic company. It's pretty straightforward. Not sure about the others.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY
Most of these companies have certain requirements. You need to be a law firm, debt collection, cra, or something similar. Just because you have a release, doesn't mean you can get the data.

They also usually have minimums. I have access to data like this and my minimum is about $100 a month. To get my account with this new vendor I needed to provide them a bunch of documentation and then have a physical security audit done. It was postponed because of COVID but it will be sometime in August. I just switched to this vendor about 6 weeks ago.

This is kind of in my wheelhouse so if you have more specific questions I can help but it's just to general to give you a ton of info now.

Edited to add that it also depends on how you intend on using the data

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!