The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you feel like giving up? Read this...

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
..........and created an online store for t-shirts a couple years ago but quickly gave up...........

I am interested:
How did you start the t-shirt business and when/why did you give up?
What designs did you make? Made it yourself?
I ask that , because I want to make some t-shirts myself and I dont have a glue, how to do that!
Can I paint something on a paper , make a photo and than print on a shirt?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
I am interested:
How did you start the t-shirt business and when/why did you give up?
What designs did you make? Made it yourself?
I ask that , because I want to make some t-shirts myself and I dont have a glue, how to do that!
Can I paint something on a paper , make a photo and than print on a shirt?
I'd love to help you but I honestly did not get very far with it. I'm sure you can make a post and more successful entrepreneurs will be able to help you out! Best of luck!

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
Thank you for the reply. I have been reading the Lean Startup book which covers this MVP concept. Most of my ideas have been software related. I am not a software developer, nor do I have the money to pay someone to develop a software MVP. That leaves me two options - think of non-software products or services that I can prototype up myself with stuff from the hardware store or wherever, or learn software development (or both :D). I have been trying to learn more about ways I can fake this, like the example of that Buffer idea. Create a landing page for my software idea to see if there is any interest without having to actually make it yet.

Or for a physical product idea - create an amazon listing for my product and a single page website about the product which shows the product out of a stock with a button to request an email when it's back in stock. Something like that. I don't know yet.

These are all things I am still considering. I have a lot to learn and have been mostly undecided about which direction I would like to focus.

Anyway, it was not my intention to hijack this thread. Sorry OP!!!! I wish you the best of luck with your struggles. I feel like we all struggle with these types of things.
Hey no worries! feel free to keep communicating on this thread. I'm sure you'll figure things out, best of luck!

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
G

GuestUser4aMPs1

@TheProcess got your DM.

Wow. There's lots of great stuff here, especially @Bekit's reply.

I'll echo that there's nothing in your way other than that chunk of grey matter between your two ears. Everyone gets in their own way (and in their own heads) eventually.

Welcome to the club – it's unproductive being frustrated.

Thankfully, this is only worse when younger and gets a lot better with age.
Experience is a great teacher, and there's a few things that've helped over the years...

– Go out and live. Keep trying things, absolutely anything that interests or calls you. Hobbies and interests have a unique pull to them that will change you as a result of pursuing them. But only if you...

– Do hard things. Learning something new or pursuing a new project will suck at points. But struggling in a worthwhile pursuit has its own reward. Do not be flustered longer than necessary, it means you're growing. Remember this when doing anything hard.

– When you stumble upon something you REALLY want and are drawing a blank on how to get it, doing ANYTHING is better than doing nothing. If it gets you what you want, keep doing it. If not, change your approach until it does.

– Through living your day-to-day existence you'll eventually stumble on something you can do for others, either a service or a product you can create, that people really need. Make progress the fastest by focusing on the lowest hanging fruit. If you had a gun to your head and had to make your first sale executing on X business idea, what would you do? Focus on that, and adjust. People will give you an indication you're on the right track.

– Emphasis on LIVING. Money / Business is literally one *tiny* part of your life.
Have you lived lately? How is your health, friends, romance, family, mindset, spirituality, hobbies?

If you don't have a business yet it's not the end of the F*cking world, look at all the other things you can experience and be happy with. Stop beating yourself up; people and circumstances will do that on its own ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@TheProcess
instead of chasing money, provide value.

start by providing value to yourself!

Three questions, one task.:
what is your 'why'?
what does that look like in specific, tangible form?
what would it take to achieve that?
now build a specific path doing the three most important things each day to achieve it!

why will lead to what will lead to how.
when you have a clear why, research brainstorming. then come back here and tag me to help.

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
@TheProcess got your DM.

Wow. There's lots of great stuff here, especially @Bekit's reply.

I'll echo that there's nothing in your way other than that chunk of grey matter between your two ears. Everyone gets in their own way (and in their own heads) eventually.

Welcome to the club – it's unproductive being frustrated.

Thankfully, this is only worse when younger and gets a lot better with age.
Experience is a great teacher, and there's a few things that've helped over the years...

– Go out and live. Keep trying things, absolutely anything that interests or calls you. Hobbies and interests have a unique pull to them that will change you as a result of pursuing them. But only if you...

– Do hard things. Learning something new or pursuing a new project will suck at points. But struggling in a worthwhile pursuit has its own reward. Do not be flustered longer than necessary, it means you're growing. Remember this when doing anything hard.

– When you stumble upon something you REALLY want and are drawing a blank on how to get it, doing ANYTHING is better than doing nothing. If it gets you what you want, keep doing it. If not, change your approach until it does.

– Through living your day-to-day existence you'll eventually stumble on something you can do for others, either a service or a product you can create, that people really need. Make progress the fastest by focusing on the lowest hanging fruit. If you had a gun to your head and had to make your first sale executing on X business idea, what would you do? Focus on that, and adjust. People will give you an indication you're on the right track.

– Emphasis on LIVING. Money / Business is literally one *tiny* part of your life.
Have you lived lately? How is your health, friends, romance, family, mindset, spirituality, hobbies?

If you don't have a business yet it's not the end of the F*cking world, look at all the other things you can experience and be happy with. Stop beating yourself up; people and circumstances will do that on its own ;)
Thanks a lot ! This is great!

TheProcess

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Nov 14, 2018
@TheProcess
instead of chasing money, provide value.

start by providing value to yourself!

Three questions, one task.:
what is your 'why'?
what does that look like in specific, tangible form?
what would it take to achieve that?
now build a specific path doing the three most important things each day to achieve it!

why will lead to what will lead to how.
when you have a clear why, research brainstorming. then come back here and tag me to help.
This is my why:

I want to be very successful. I want to have several businesses, or more specifically several productocracies, passive income, systems in place that give me money, not in exchange with my time.

I also want to be accomplished. Once I have gotten great wealth, I want to experiment with things. I'm interested in politics and philosophy and psychology, sports and other things. AKA freedom.

I also want to be famous. I want to be a well known figure, and have earned that title. This is where personal brand comes in place.

More important than any of that, I want to be happy with the process. I want to enjoy the journey, or else the destination will honestly not matter. Books like "flow" have helped me with that mindset.

I want to be healthy, and secure, and have great relationships and a great family in my life. I want to keep learning and keep improving every day while enjoying the F*ck out of life.

Finally, I also want to help people. Once I have gotten my wealth and have become the figure that I hope to one day become, I want to leverage that into helping millions of people, in whatever way I can. Of course there's also the argument that throughout the process of becoming who I want to one day become, I will have helped people (that's what entrepreneurship is all about).

All of this is very general. How does this look like in a specific form?

Well to start with, I want to focus on two things. One on hand, a first business or skill. I'm considering things like real estate or learning web design or online marketing.

One the other hand, and this can go hand in hand with the first thing, is to start building my personal brand. I'm excited to finally start a YouTube channel. This is a first step. Eventually I'll also add in things like blogging, and social media. Right now, simply making videos is where I'll start.

Your final question was how do I achieve all this:

I achieve all this by completely forgetting about this bigger picture, by not allowing myself to get overwhelmed. By realizing that it is okay if I don't achieve any of it. That the most important thing is to take on step at a time, and see where it takes me.

What do you think?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@TheProcess ..... now narrow that down to a couple of sentences...

what is your 'why'? .... tune it in to one or two sentences..... be very precise

what is your perfect day? what are you doing? what time is it? who is with you? what do you smell? if you turn to the left, what do you see? what time is lunch? what will you eat? ...... be VERY specific. take your time.......

what does that cost? one time cost to get there, monthly cost to maintain it?

what do you need to make that happen? specifically?

------
once the above is done:
what three things can you complete this week to make that happen?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
If you know something really deep enough, it probably will do well.

It is a hyper-competitive market these days and you will realize a pattern.

The person who has success in sharing food was a former chef.

The person who has success in weight management theme is still actively participating in competition.

The person who has success in sharing science topic...and science fiction/conspiracy- not really a scientist but was a former programmer who is a science topic hobbyist.

The person who has success in sharing entrepreneurship topics were business people who are still active.

@TheProcess ..... now narrow that down to a couple of sentences...

what is your 'why'? .... tune it in to one or two sentences..... be very precise

what is your perfect day? what are you doing? what time is it? who is with you? what do you smell? if you turn to the left, what do you see? what time is lunch? what will you eat? ...... be VERY specific. take your time.......

what does that cost? one time cost to get there, monthly cost to maintain it?

what do you need to make that happen? specifically?

------
once the above is done:
what three things can you complete this week to make that happen?

I'm convinced besides MJ you are the best poster on this forum.

consignia

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jul 19, 2019
I wouldn't get into drop shipping. For getting into it right now you need to either have some edge over your competition or or come with something revolutinary. Otherwise it's not worth it in my opinion, too much work for little gains

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
I'm convinced besides MJ you are the best poster on this forum.
@sparechange you up for making a summary of what i normally post? seems like i've done the list / process enough that we should be able to flesh it out into a step-by-step and pin it?
why / what / how / get F*cking started / give yourself some credit

i'm just a dude along the path up the mountain to the pantheon that our true legendary posters are on ..... :)

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
@sparechange you up for making a summary of what i normally post? seems like i've done the list / process enough that we should be able to flesh it out into a step-by-step and pin it?
why / what / how / get F*cking started / give yourself some credit

i'm just a dude along the path up the mountain to the pantheon that our true legendary posters are on ..... :)

heh to much gold from you to sort through!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@sparechange challenge: .... find two or three? .....maybe they are solid, maybe they changed your life. .... put them for others to find or me to send a link like @Andy Black does sometimes. :)

(damn @ZCP always handing out things to do..... :/ )

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
This is all from @ZCP (not my writing at all)

The ZCP Challenge:
DO something different. Change it up. Eat different stuff. Hang out with different people. Do different things. Make it a 2 week physical / mental / spiritual / business bath in OTHER stimuli.

Put a 1/2 day a week into intense reading and study. Doesn't matter the topic. Use it to load the brain for the week. (I do mine on Saturday mornings).

Get your sleep and diet right. It's two weeks. You can do it!

Then sit down and write out what you want to do, your outcome, what matters to you.
Report back and tell us the three things you will do to MAKE THAT HAPPEN.

You got this!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

start with 'what is your why?' ........ all will line up once you have that in place

then you go to 'what is my specific outcome?' ..... do for each area of your life

then 'how do i obtain that outcome?' ....... this will start the how

then 'what three things can i do this week to help achieve my desired outcome?' ..... this will lead to what

then 'what do i need to know to be able to do those things?' ..... this leads to what to study / learn

TLDR; here is your step by step....

now go get it done!

sounds like a bunch of excuses. put 1 hour into it (with full focus) today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Provide value and you will never be without.

I did something this past week ..... changed my 'primary question' .....

Instead of constantly kicking my own a$$ about what I hadn't done, or how I was going to fail, or why i hadn't done this or hadn't done that .........

I changed my question.

How can I give myself some credit for the awesomeness that I have accomplished?

Changed my whole perspective.... more importantly, it changed my interactions with others. Staff, loved ones, people in general.

Positive energy. Thankfulness. Joy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

just get started.

need more than that? no you don't.

if you feel you still do:
-what is your why?
-what life do you want?
-how much will it cost?
-what steps are needed to achieve that?
-then go do it
-fail (loop)
-pivot (loop)
-succeed

'but i need more than that', you say. no you don't.

when you get down to the first fail, report back.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Wil22

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jun 8, 2020
Philadelphia,Pa
A couple of ideas right here:
  • Start a youtube channel that helps people learn different parts of the sport - maybe some part that you're very good at like the technical aspects of a baseball swing. (you can sell a course/ebook)
  • Start a podcast where you interview coaches for teenage sporting teams and help other coaches learn how to deal with the big problems they face (you can sell a course/ebook)
Once you get that first subscriber, comment, sale or bit of feedback from the market - you know you're onto the right path (or if you need to change your strategy a bit). These feedback loops are really important for figuring out how your business adds value. If you just try to create a business idea and execute from scratch without any feedback from the market, it's going to be very very very hard to succeed.
Make something basic, get it out there, and see what people say. Keep tweaking it until you create something that really helps people and they'll line up to give up their cash.

Great idea and advice

Jemmalee

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Jun 15, 2020
UK
I want to be working on something right now, on something that I like. But no matter hard or how much I try I can't seem to figure it out. I started this online business a couple months ago, but it never went anywhere. I've tried things dropshipping and created an online store for t-shirts a couple years ago but quickly gave up.I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm tired and frustrated.

All I'm trying to do right now is work on a cool project where I can work on my skills and make progress. But I don't know what. I don't know what I like or what I'm passionate about. I've read dozens of success and business books but to no avail. I'm tired of thinking. I'm tired of reading. I just want to get to work, but I just can't figure out what to work on. My mind goes blank. Every idea that I think of, I either don't like, don't have the means to do it, or the idea is garbage. I don't know what to do.

Has anyone ever been in my shoes? How did you figure things out?

Edit: Spelling.

Ive felt like you so so many times.
I think it creates a process in our brain.
A process whereby we know we aren't heading in the right direction and just need to switch things up.
I think if you see it as action to change and research rather than action to fail, you can take some time to rethink your ideas and explore further into what you think you can be good at.

andrewbaltimore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Feb 19, 2016
I took a quick look through your threads just now.

Your intro:

You felt lost and wanted to quit college.

Fortunately, you decided not to quit.

You tried Lex's Upwork tutorial, but gave up the same day.

You started a progress thread and got some really good advice.

You had a minimum wage job as a dishwasher and landed a better-paying job that allowed you to work from home on a company laptop. This sounds like a dream to give you the flexibility to pursue entrepreneurship.

The job apparently brought you good things.

You don't have a clear goal and don't really know how to set one.

Your schedule is not very disciplined.

You do have high expectations for yourself.

You realize that you need discipline and work ethic.

You've actually had a bunch of really good contacts with potential mentors.

You experience a fair amount of anger at times. This reduces your ability to produce.

You've asked for a fair amount of advice.

You started a business! Yay!

That was April 22, 2020.

By April 28, you and your cofounder had already decided to part ways.

On May 4, you were still excited about the business and asking about how to build your social media presence.

By May 6, you were losing interest. You're not even really sure why or what to do about it.

And on May 12, you shared your observation that you work better with others.

Here's what stands out to me the most from all this. This is the common thread I see running through your posts.

I think you struggle with self-motivation. And that defeats your progress, which leads to self-hatred and beating yourself up.

(I say this out of kindness, not out of accusation or "piling on" to the self-beating you're already giving yourself. I am very similar. I know how it feels. I know how frustrating it can be to just not be able to MAKE YOURSELF DO WHAT YOU KNOW IS IN YOUR BEST INTEREST.)

So - here are some practical thoughts that I think can help you get out of the negative feedback loop you're currently stuck in, and change it for a positive one.

1. You will likely continue to experience failure and frustration until you man up and develop self-discipline. It is urgent that you do this now. Otherwise, you could end up twice your age, still leaning on other people to crack the whip over you to get you to produce. 40-year-old you WILL NOT FIND THIS FUN. I would recommend a dopamine fast to kick off the process. Hike the Appalachian Trail or something. Get yourself outdoors and away from devices and TV, at least for a few days. Detox your brain from the dopamine drip you've been feeding it. Dig up the soil and plant a garden. Whatever. Interact with the physical world, not the digital one, for a few days.
  2. Design a setup where you can START winning and KEEP winning. Find the smallest possible WIN that contributes to your goals. In your old execution thread, your "WIN" that you were working for was "Making a sale." No. Break it down further than that. What do you need to do prior that sale, in order to lead up to a sale? Who do you need to BE in order to get that sale? Maybe you say, "OK, my win will be waking up at 6:00 AM every day for a week." No. Break it down even further, because waking up like that is not going to be a slam dunk. So you say, OK, my win will be waking up ONCE at 6:00 AM. No. Break it down even before that. Because you'll be going to bed too late to get up at 6:00 AM. So you say, "OK, my win will be to go to bed by 9:00." But then, you're not going to be tired at 9:00, so you're going to be tempted to stay on your computer. So you back up to the REAL step. "OK, my win will be that every time I catch myself wasting time on a distraction, IN THAT SAME MOMENT, I'm going to STOP and do something productive." (Define what it is so it's concrete. Also define a reward, and deliver that reward to yourself consistently. Even if it's just a silly reward like one chocolate chip.). NOW you're on track. This is defining your wins in a direction that will serve you.
  3. Verbal thrashings will not make you more productive or more motivated. What you're trying to do is alternatively hype yourself up into action (works for a while and then fails) and then scold yourself for not acting up to your standards (works for a while and then fails). This is not the solution.
  4. There may be a biological component to what you're experiencing. The way you describe yourself sounds similar to ADHD. Read about the executive function in the brain. Your executive function is the part of you that says, "OK, I'm going to do this now." You maybe be struggling to get the executive function to turn on. If this is the case, there are two easy ways to self-medicate. Try experimenting with yourself with these two things to see if it helps. One is caffeine. Try drinking coffee shortly before doing a task you struggle with. See if this improves your ability to DO what you've DECIDED to do. The second one is vigorous exercise (whatever level of physical exertion that will leave you breathless and sweating). Try exercise immediately before you sit down to do something that requires focus.
  5. There may be a psychological component to what you're experiencing. I suspect depression. There is so much help to be found in therapy, and the outcome can be removing that mysterious inner "boredom" that causes you to reject idea after idea.
  6. There may also be an inner resistance to the idea of what "working" and "adulthood" means. I have had to deal with this. Everything on the inside of me would be screaming, "NO! I don't consent to this. I want to be GREAT! I want to do things that are COOL! I want to be amazing! I reject drudgery! I reject monotony. I'm not ok with the next few decades of my life being dedicated to toiling and slaving away." It can be very difficult to come to terms with this, square your shoulders, look work in the face, and say, "OK. This is my existence until I make it. Deal." Work is not fun or pretty or sexy. It's the RESULTS of work that we like. As children, we enjoyed the results of our PARENTS' work without having to put in the work. As adults, we don't get to skip ahead to the results. It's a rude awakening.
[edit: This posted prematurely while I was still fleshing out my thoughts on #2]

Impressive, thank you. Really solid advice

@TheProcess try to carefully reflect on what @Bekit has said.

Based solely on:
  • You like/are good at sports
  • You like/are good at public speaking
  • You become easily bored
I think there is a high chance you too:
  • Think fast
  • You are good at reading people
  • You need high dose of stimulus to stay motivated/focused
  • You are bad at planing/following through
First thing is you really need to realize ASAP that in order to achieve things you have to focus and plan ahead. You're naturally going to struggle with this but for God's sake make the effort and start now.

You have tremendous potential but it is only useful if you work your a$$ off and stay focused on 1 big project that you decide to develop.

Use the recommendations given to you and get serious about your future

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
CKl_GPFWoAASkDy.jpg

I think OP did in fact ''give up''

Maybe in the months to come, when he is slaving away at a horrible job, getting yelled at by managers from third world countries with broken English then perhaps he will have a new appreciation of entrepreneurship.

MJ describes it as a ''FTE'', and I think the OP needs to have one to change his mindset, otherwise, a slave will always be a slave when bribed with a steady paycheck and food in the belly.

Entrepreneurship is basically going failure to failure, losing money sometimes and still being enthusiastic after dealing with constant rejection, doesn't exactly sound like fun right? That is why some people are just more suited towards a ''steady career''

A fellow slave at the time while doing construction in the middle of winter (FTE) mentioned his savings, we were talking about paychecks and how our boss sometimes doesn't pay on time (great guy though)

My fellow slave brought up that he has less than $100 in savings. This man was in his 60's! If the thought of being in old age while broke worrying about missing rent, and not having enough money to blow on Starbucks because you can't afford it, that is a very big problem. If something like that doesn't motivate you, nothing will. Check out Walmart, or any grocery store. See that cashier? How old are they? Do you want to be like that person? Living paycheck to paycheck!?

Or would you rather be on a yacht sailing the sea during the retirement years? If you want to take this experiment even further, check out your local homeless shelters. You will see a common theme of elderly people that have spent most of their life working and suddenly age becomes a factor, I've seen it all the time.

Last edited:

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
View attachment 33762

I think OP did in fact ''give up''

Maybe in the months to come, when he is slaving away at a horrible job, getting yelled at by managers from third world countries with broken English then perhaps he will have a new appreciation of entrepreneurship.

MJ describes it as a ''FTE'', and I think the OP needs to have one to change his mindset, otherwise, a slave will always be a slave when bribed with a steady paycheck and food in the belly.

Entrepreneurship is basically going failure to failure, losing money sometimes and still being enthusiastic after dealing with constant rejection, doesn't exactly sound like fun right? That is why some people are just more suited towards a ''steady career''

A fellow slave at the time while doing construction in the middle of winter (FTE) mentioned his savings, we were talking about paychecks and how our boss sometimes doesn't pay on time (great guy though)

My fellow slave brought up that he has less than $100 in savings. This man was in his 60's! If the thought of being in old age while broke worrying about missing rent, and not having enough money to blow on Starbucks because you can't afford it, that is a very big problem. If something like that doesn't motivate you, nothing will. Check out Walmart, or any grocery store. See that cashier? How old are they? Do you want to be like that person? Living paycheck to paycheck!?

Or would you rather be on a yacht sailing the sea during the retirement years? If you want to take this experiment even further, check out your local homeless shelters. You will see a common theme of elderly people that have spent most of their life working and suddenly age becomes a factor, I've seen it all the time.

Most of the best advice and care for being Motivated and get things done has been given in this thread by all the legendary posters. The words in this thread are gems, dropped from sky, 1 by 1.

How @Bekit deconstructed his mindset and showed a path to start.
How @Andy Black shared thread links to get out of that limited mindset.
How @ZCP (thank you) gave him the only thought process he needs to achieve his desire life.
How @sparechange pointed action faking. Utilized his anger to motive him. The way he kicked his a** so that he starts taking actions. The 'CARE' sparechange showed made me remember our 'Eric Cheescakes" buddy. How ZCP gave the similar 'CARE' to him.

How @everyone else has told him that nothing is stopping you than yourself. How failure is a part of the process. how you need to grit and dedication & how to achieve these.

In this thread, each and every post is filled with what newcomers with the limited mindset needed to start something on their Entrepreneur journey.

@TheProcess so buddy, show us what have you done? If you haven't, what will you do? don't let the advice go to waste for you. I am sure others will feel blessed after reading this read(i am). What will you take from all this and take action?

Let us know what have you done?

Beebop27

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 22, 2020
Sydney, Australia
I want to be working on something right now, on something that I like. But no matter hard or how much I try I can't seem to figure it out. I started this online business a couple months ago, but it never went anywhere. I've tried things dropshipping and created an online store for t-shirts a couple years ago but quickly gave up.I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm tired and frustrated.

All I'm trying to do right now is work on a cool project where I can work on my skills and make progress. But I don't know what. I don't know what I like or what I'm passionate about. I've read dozens of success and business books but to no avail. I'm tired of thinking. I'm tired of reading. I just want to get to work, but I just can't figure out what to work on. My mind goes blank. Every idea that I think of, I either don't like, don't have the means to do it, or the idea is garbage. I don't know what to do.

You want to know the beauty in your message?

Its that you know what you dont know what you want.

Knowing what you dont want is the key to knowing what you do want.

Ie. I dont want to be broke and homeless? BANG! reverse it. You just discovered you want to be rich and have a safe place to rest each night.

Dig deep. The answer is always inside you. You dont find what you want. You discover it. There is a difference.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Alexesther

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Jun 21, 2020
Paris, France

You did not have your F*ck that moment, it will come ..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.