The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Before you made your first $1 online, did you ever felt like giving up?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
Never ever ever felt like giving up. Sometimes you do have to pause for the cause.

Bills, life's incidentals. All types of Financial Challenges come at you but giving up was never an option.

I bought a Rolex once after having a fantastic sales month and I called it "Emergency Funds". But would I ever pawn my computer? Who said you would have to pry it out my cold dead hands ha.

You really have to wake up and think about solving other people's problems not your own.

One solves the other.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
Wanting the course you can not afford or the Coach you can not afford can surely be frustrated.

But then if you compare Successful Website Income Statements, and see the first month to the current month you begin to understand.

Or like Sold Auctions compared to just Forum Posts you get a good sense of what to do.

Then 6 months from now instead of 6 mins or 6 days from now you realize taking focused steps in the right direction pay off while others will still have been very busy staying in the same scenario.

Akshay Kumar

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
May 10, 2020
India
4) I need a blog for SEO juice, and Facebook ads, and social media presence, and business cards, and... no you don't. You don't need traffic, you need traction. Spend some time evaluating each possible traffic source that you can use for your business, and then test the ones that seem like the most likely to work. (Go read "Traction" if you don't quite understand this)
@The-J , can you explain this in detail? I don't quite understand how would a business get traction without any of those sources of traffic.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
I think we need to help guys who are just starting an online business stay strong on their feet and work consistently.
Before I made my first $1 online, I passed through hardship that at some points I shot my Laptop in depression for a break to ease off the negativity. So many things went on before I started marking money online and so does most of us.
Share your experience and success story of how you started making money online on this thread so newbies can grab multivation to keep working and never quit.

Thanks in addy for your contribution:peace:
Making $1 was easy in my case. You can resell anything and earn a dozen dollars a month. More if you scale it.
The first money I made was by going to giveaway pages and reselling on eBay.

I didn't know how to grow it beyond ~$80 a month, so I moved onto freelancing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Feb 11, 2019
For sure! I quit university with excellent grades to pursue a freelance career. Burned the bridge. It took me around 6 months to make $500 a month. You better believe I barely kept it together when I had spent all my savings and my only source of income provided the absolute minimum I needed to survive. And then it got better! And then even worse! The ups & and downs were dreadful. I went from making 2000 as a student to 500 as an "entrepreneur".

Long story short, I kept grinding without days off and have multiplied my earnings since then. Close to 2 years have passed since I started. It has been one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life, but it's been well worth it. I'm very glad I kept pushing when I wanted to bang my head against the wall and thought about getting a regular job.

Being realistic and aware of the odds against me (1% chance of success) helped me double down on my effort consistently and eventually, it obviously started providing a return. I knew it will suck, I was okay with it sucking, and that helped me push forward. I never told myself it was easy nor I was super positive about it. I knew it's doable but will require everything I've got and more. Brute force to the success!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I've made far more than that online, and I still gave up because my business(es) didn't meet CENTS.

My first successful biz was Print On Demand. I had one month where I pulled in royalties of around $350. I started this around age 21 and quit updating my designs around age 23.

The problem was I could tell this would only continue to grow if I worked full time on uploading as many designs as possible, and I was totally at the mercy of the Amazon marketplace, and every other copycat ripoff that came along.

Basically the revenue was constantly shrinking unless I was churning out new creations.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.