The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do busy entrepreneurs struggle with Fitness?

Fit&Energy_Coach

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 6, 2023
Hey everyone, first of all I wanted to say that I respect entrepreneurs a lot. It’s one of the most challenging jobs out there, in my opinion, because it can be a very lonely, you have to sacrifice and give up many other things that are important to you, you have no one who tells you exactly what to do, you have no stable income and much more.

Because of the high effort, stress and time-consumption it takes, I’ve found that one naturally loses fitness, gains a couple pounds and quickly gets out of shape (of course not all).

This is why I’m currently trying to find out how one could make the lives of busy entrepreneurs a lot better ;)
Which is why I have two very simple questions:

1. As someone with a challenging job like that, I’m wondering if anyone is struggling with staying in shape? And if so, what are the biggest issues you're dealing with?

2. Regarding your fitness, what would you wish for more than anything else?

Thanks so much in advance - looking forward to reading your answers :)

PS: Write me privately if you don’t want everyone to see your message. I will not share your personal information with others.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Any entrepreneur that doesn't include fitness in their weekly routine is limiting their potential by a substantial margin.

Training has improved my ability to work, focus, and learn tremendously.

All the successful people I know are doing some form of exercise, and some of them are taking it to the extreme.

Here is what Richard Branson is doing at 72 years of age:

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/NGRERDZPQNg

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Absolutely. MANY entrepreneurs, CEOs, and high-powered professionals hire personal trainers and nutrition experts. They do it because (1) they want to make sure they're doing the right thing and not wasting their time and (2) they want to get the best results they can.

Anyone can get into shape by themselves but it's so much easier when you have someone to help you. There are no shortage of busy, high-income people who are concerned about their health, fitness, and appearance, and you would not be making a mistake if you served those people.

Me personally, I enjoy training and do it on my own, and I like the results I'm getting so far (even if others might not think they're impressive). I'm probably going to start buying a meal service to make my and my fiancee's lives easier. It's also surprisingly affordable!

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
232%
Jul 30, 2019
Hello @Fit&Energy_Coach,

In fact entreprenneurs are strongly mindset-oriented, and fitness is very often a core concept, because it's necessary to manage all the factors you mentioned (especially stress and self-confidence). Of course somes do it better than others.

To answer your questions:

1. As someone with a challenging job like that, I’m wondering if anyone is struggling with staying in shape? And if so, what are the biggest issues you're dealing with?

Yes totally, being in shape is the same question that maintaining a constant flow of work, being confident etc... Like everything else, it require commitment and resilience, which are the 2 main issues. This require to ban all excuses.

I'm currently doing a little training at home. My goals are stop smoking, drink less, eat more healthy and taking back combat lessons. The goals are to live longer, reduce stress, be more productive/less tired, and mentally to take practical actions to feel like I respect myself (+ I love to fight and combat is excellent for self confidence, including in everyday life)

This is why I’m currently trying to find out how one could make the lives of busy entrepreneurs a lot better

If I had to answer hot, I'll think about creating something like a training routine, test it, digitalize and advertise it while targeting entreprenneurs's problems. Think about life-hacks or routines that give lot of results with small mental/physical investments, entreprenneurs are very aware of their limited time/energy.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
Hey everyone, first of all I wanted to say that I respect entrepreneurs a lot. It’s one of the most challenging jobs out there, in my opinion, because it can be a very lonely, you have to sacrifice and give up many other things that are important to you, you have no one who tells you exactly what to do, you have no stable income and much more.

Because of the high effort, stress and time-consumption it takes, I’ve found that one naturally loses fitness, gains a couple pounds and quickly gets out of shape (of course not all).

This is why I’m currently trying to find out how one could make the lives of busy entrepreneurs a lot better ;)

As someone with a challenging job like that, I’m wondering if anyone is struggling with staying in shape? And if so, what are the biggest issues you're dealing with?

PS: Write me privately if you don’t want everyone to see your message. I will not share your personal information with others.
Physical Health is important to performance in all fields of life. Try to find a workout that can be quick and effective if you're struggling. Personally I like calisthenics or punching the heavy bag for about 30 minutes.
1. I don't workout daily but I try to every other day, but really its dependent on my schedule. Also I get up early already to start my day, but I'd prefer to workout in the morning instead of my evenings
2. I would like to get better form and keep progressing with the skills - I've been working on flexibility a lot. But also to better incorporate fitness into my schedule

Try creating a time to workout and stay disciplined to it, since it'll all add up - every day matters!
Best of Luck!

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

As someone with a challenging job like that, I’m wondering if anyone is struggling with staying in shape? And if so, what are the biggest issues you're dealing with?

I used to spend too much of my available time training; even though it was only three times a week, on those days I would train for around two and a half hours, which just totally killed my work time.

Now I no longer am a member of a gym (even though I miss it like crazy), so instead I have a small 30kg weight set and resistance bands at home. Each day I do Tabata training, whereby I use very high intensity workouts for 10-15 minutes after my cold plunge.

I'm still getting the benefits of working out (even though I still miss really heavy deadlifting and some of the cable machines) but it's not taking up too much of my work time.

Not sure what your fitness history is, but maybe try that, it definitely works for me!

Fit&Energy_Coach

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 6, 2023
Any entrepreneur that doesn't include fitness in their weekly routine is limiting their potential by a substantial margin.

Training has improved my ability to work, focus, and learn tremendously.

All the successful people I know are doing some form of exercise, and some of them are taking it to the extreme.

Here is what Richard Branson is doing at 72 years of age:

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/NGRERDZPQNg
Thanks for the insights, so true what you're saying.

I'm wondering, what was your exact approach for implementing fitness (training, eating, etc.) into your busy lifestyle?
What advice would you give to entrepreneurs looking to implement fitness into their jammed schedule?

Wish you the best for your life.

Last edited:

Fit&Energy_Coach

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 6, 2023
Absolutely. MANY entrepreneurs, CEOs, and high-powered professionals hire personal trainers and nutrition experts. They do it because (1) they want to make sure they're doing the right thing and not wasting their time and (2) they want to get the best results they can.

Anyone can get into shape by themselves but it's so much easier when you have someone to help you. There are no shortage of busy, high-income people who are concerned about their health, fitness, and appearance, and you would not be making a mistake if you served those people.

Me personally, I enjoy training and do it on my own, and I like the results I'm getting so far (even if others might not think they're impressive). I'm probably going to start buying a meal service to make my and my fiancee's lives easier. It's also surprisingly affordable!
Thank you so much for taking the time, I appreciate you.

I'm curious, how exactly were you able to implement fitness into your lifestyle?
What type of meal service would you recommend that is both affordable and healthy.

Last edited:

Fit&Energy_Coach

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 6, 2023
Hello @Fit&Energy_Coach,

In fact entreprenneurs are strongly mindset-oriented, and fitness is very often a core concept, because it's necessary to manage all the factors you mentioned (especially stress and self-confidence). Of course somes do it better than others.

To answer your questions:

Yes totally, being in shape is the same question that maintaining a constant flow of work, being confident etc... Like everything else, it require commitment and resilience, which are the 2 main issues. This require to ban all excuses.

I'm currently doing a little training at home. My goals are stop smoking, drink less, eat more healthy and taking back combat lessons. The goals are to live longer, reduce stress, be more productive/less tired, and mentally to take practical actions to feel like I respect myself (+ I love to fight and combat is excellent for self confidence, including in everyday life)

This is why I’m currently trying to find out how one could make the lives of busy entrepreneurs a lot better

If I had to answer hot, I'll think about creating something like a training routine, test it, digitalize and advertise it while targeting entreprenneurs's problems. Think about life-hacks or routines that give lot of results with small mental/physical investments, entreprenneurs are very aware of their limited time/energy.
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer to my question, I truly appreciate it.

I'm wondering, how were you able to get yourself to do training at home?
What advice would you give to busy entrepreneurs looking to increase their fitness?

Wish you the best for your goals in life.

Last edited:

Fit&Energy_Coach

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 6, 2023
Physical Health is important to performance in all fields of life. Try to find a workout that can be quick and effective if you're struggling. Personally I like calisthenics or punching the heavy bag for about 30 minutes.
1. I don't workout daily but I try to every other day, but really its dependent on my schedule. Also I get up early already to start my day, but I'd prefer to workout in the morning instead of my evenings
2. I would like to get better form and keep progressing with the skills - I've been working on flexibility a lot. But also to better incorporate fitness into my schedule

Try creating a time to workout and stay disciplined to it, since it'll all add up - every day matters!
Best of Luck!
Thanks so much for your answer, I truly appreciate it.

I'm curious, what exact training routine do you find to be the most effective for someone with a busy schedule?
What advice would you give to entrepreneurs looking to increase their fitness?

Last edited:

Fit&Energy_Coach

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 6, 2023
I used to spend too much of my available time training; even though it was only three times a week, on those days I would train for around two and a half hours, which just totally killed my work time.

Now I no longer am a member of a gym (even though I miss it like crazy), so instead I have a small 30kg weight set and resistance bands at home. Each day I do Tabata training, whereby I use very high intensity workouts for 10-15 minutes after my cold plunge.

I'm still getting the benefits of working out (even though I still miss really heavy deadlifting and some of the cable machines) but it's not taking up too much of my work time.

Not sure what your fitness history is, but maybe try that, it definitely works for me!
Thank you for your valuable insights, I appreciate it.

I'm curious, what exact training routine would you give to a busy entrepreneur looking to increase their fitness?
What advice would you give to entrepreneurs with a jammed schedule who want to improve their fitness?

Last edited:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
I'm wondering, what was your exact approach for implementing fitness (training, eating, etc.) into your busy lifestyle?
What advice would you give to entrepreneurs looking to implement fitness into their jammed schedule?
  • go to the nearest gym or buy equipment to use at home
  • keep training sessions very short, but do high intensity
  • reduce the amount of exercises and only include the highly effective ones, such as heavy compound movements
And as I've said in the first comment, "lacking the time to exercise" doesn't exist if you want to be a successful entrepreneur. All effort invested in fitness will pay off in business 10 fold.

Good luck with your market research.

Thank you, likewise!

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
Thanks so much for your answer, I truly appreciate it.

I'm curious, what exact training routine do you find to be the most effective for someone with a busy schedule?
What advice would you give to entrepreneurs looking to increase their fitness?

I like the best bang for my buck - High Intensity and High Endurance. So When I workout I push hard and really work for the little time I have to make an impact and I make sure what I do is hard. It can be jump rope for 20 minutes straight then heavy bag for 10 minutes - hard hits. Or maybe a core or body weight exercise instead of heavy bag - All about how I feel and what I did previous days.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Yes, you're right, I'm doing my research right now, so that I can make the most impact in the lives of entrepreneurs.

Just so you know, the mods usually shut down this kind of thread from new people.

The culture of this place is usually to let people get to know you before you start mining for information. Give, before you get. Don't be surprised if it gets deleted, but for now they seem to be letting it slide. Hope you stick around either way.

Welcome to the forum, and good luck to you.

Fit&Energy_Coach

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 6, 2023
Just so you know, the mods usually shut down this kind of thread from new people.

The culture of this place is usually to let people get to know you before you start mining for information. Give, before you get. Don't be surprised if it gets deleted, but for now they seem to be letting it slide. Hope you stick around either way.

Welcome to the forum, and good luck to you.
Thank you for the advice man, appreciate your honesty.
If the mods are seeing this: It wasn't my intention to upset you, I hope you can understand me and don't shut down this thread.
PS: The Fastlane Forum and the book The Millionaire Fastlane are awesome.

Last edited:

Fit&Energy_Coach

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 6, 2023
  • go to the nearest gym or buy equipment to use at home
  • keep training sessions very short, but do high intensity
  • reduce the amount of exercises and only include the highly effective ones, such as heavy compound movements
And as I've said in the first comment, "lacking the time to exercise" doesn't exist if you want to be a successful entrepreneur. All effort invested in fitness will pay off in business 10 fold.

Good luck with your market research.

Thank you, likewise!
Thank you for taking the time, I appreciate you.

Fit&Energy_Coach

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 6, 2023
I like the best bang for my buck - High Intensity and High Endurance. So When I workout I push hard and really work for the little time I have to make an impact and I make sure what I do is hard. It can be jump rope for 20 minutes straight then heavy bag for 10 minutes - hard hits. Or maybe a core or body weight exercise instead of heavy bag - All about how I feel and what I did previous days.
Thanks for the insights.

BaiAnrui

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jul 30, 2019
The Netherlands
For me, health and fitness is an important part of my life, just like family time and my business. That's why I make sure that I plan my sports moments every week so I can plan business things around this. For me it became a habit to exercise 5 times a week (thai boxing and fitness). As an entrepreneur I never have no time to work on my fitness, and if it's really busy for a week and I have to skip sports, I don't panic. Because of my schedule I can always exercise (maybe a little less this time) and I know that it will pick it up again later. Being consistent is the key.

Furthermore, I have deliberately minimized unhealthy moments (like alcohol) and have a fitness coach who measures my fat etc. and created an food schedule, that suits my age and lifestyle. Best investment ever!
I minimized drinking because it has too much negative impact for me, both physically and mentally.

Good that you brought this up @Fit&Energy_Coach. Very important for entrepreneurs, entrepreneurship is like a marathon, so physical health is very important !!

piano

Trying to find the right notes
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Sep 21, 2022
Germany
You asked if anybody struggles with it and I do, hope you'll find my answer useful in some form or way.

To myself first:
-16yo, male, German
-I cycle everyday to school (around 4km each day), + 13km if I cycle once a week to my choir
-I am 6 feet tall, around 68kg
-pretty skinny, although look still healthy I'd say, abs and serratus anterior show visibly if I flex
-I can do 20 push ups if my life depended on it, 5 pull ups/chin-ups
-I don't think I have any genetic handicap, my left trap is bigger than my other tho
-Bit busy with music and my side hustle
-Fitness is pretty low on my priority-scale

I once worked out intensely when I was 13, for 2-3 months at home and it was so fun, I learned a lot but I simply stopped for some reason.
Now, I got a gym member ship 5 months ago and I went at first for the first few weeks, but fell off.
On and off and on and off constantly, this year however I almost went never.

It's just not fun, it's only stress-relieving short-term and I simply prioritise piano-practise and the side-hustle. And it's not like I am a couch potato, I still do a lot of physical stuff as mentioned.

I'm not really asking for advice (although any advice is still welcome ofc), I just wanted to leave my situation for the op.

Fit&Energy_Coach

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 6, 2023
For me, health and fitness is an important part of my life, just like family time and my business. That's why I make sure that I plan my sports moments every week so I can plan business things around this. For me it became a habit to exercise 5 times a week (thai boxing and fitness). As an entrepreneur I never have no time to work on my fitness, and if it's really busy for a week and I have to skip sports, I don't panic. Because of my schedule I can always exercise (maybe a little less this time) and I know that it will pick it up again later. Being consistent is the key.

Furthermore, I have deliberately minimized unhealthy moments (like alcohol) and have a fitness coach who measures my fat etc. and created an food schedule, that suits my age and lifestyle. Best investment ever!
I minimized drinking because it has too much negative impact for me, both physically and mentally.

Good that you brought this up @Fit&Energy_Coach. Very important for entrepreneurs, entrepreneurship is like a marathon, so physical health is very important !!
Wow, thank you so much for your insights.
I feel you, martial arts and fitness are truly amazing in my opinion.

I'm curious, how would you advise busy entrepreneurs to make fitness their priority, and how would you advise them to plan their sports?
You seem to have a lot of energy, so what foods or meals do you recommend for maximum energy and health?

Keep crushing it, Bro.

Prdgy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Mar 27, 2023
All of the points above are great. For me it was the opposite, though. I got into fitness before entrepreneurship, and as different as they sound, most concepts are actually pretty tied.
A weight PR is increasing magnitude, a rep PR is increasing scalability. Going to the gym also teaches you accountability, and delaying gratification to achieve great results, to plan your days and to track data. Most importantly, both of them teach you to persevere, and to be committed.
So do I think busy entrepreneurs struggle with it? No, but that's because any smart entrepreneur dedicates some of his time to his fitness, let us not forget that health is 1/3rd of the wealth equation.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore

-more accurate calories estimation tool for eating out without cooking
-more accurate calories expenditure estimation tool. I know stanford university has a prototype.
-More convenient access to gym. I solved the issue by signing up a premium gym with big office space, (free flow of tea, free wifi and charging pot). So I use it as both a personal office and place to exercise. The gym provides clothes and towel as well. So you can actually work, exercise, work, exercise…anytime you want.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Fitness is not the area of your life to cut corners. A 60 minute workout is just 4% of your day... 30 minutes is only 2%. There's always ways to fit in fitness. A walk + workout every single day is the way to go, even if that workout block is dedicated to recovery. Consistency is key.

Brandonistaken

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jan 30, 2023
Doing productive work during a fast + a workout is good your state will increase rapidly and you will be more zoned to your work.

-Avoiding heavy carbs before a task as well
-Do regular health checks on yourself
-At least 30mins exercise every single day

Overall good healthy lifestyle is key as an entrepreneur in my opinion

Fit&Energy_Coach

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 6, 2023
All of the points above are great. For me it was the opposite, though. I got into fitness before entrepreneurship, and as different as they sound, most concepts are actually pretty tied.
A weight PR is increasing magnitude, a rep PR is increasing scalability. Going to the gym also teaches you accountability, and delaying gratification to achieve great results, to plan your days and to track data. Most importantly, both of them teach you to persevere, and to be committed.
So do I think busy entrepreneurs struggle with it? No, but that's because any smart entrepreneur dedicates some of his time to his fitness, let us not forget that health is 1/3rd of the wealth equation.
So true. I started with fitness before I got into entrepreneurship, and it taught me everything from discipline, to delaying instant gratification, being consistent and putting in the work. However, there are entrepreneurs out there who do struggle with their fitness for several reasons.

Fit&Energy_Coach

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 6, 2023
-more accurate calories estimation tool for eating out without cooking
-more accurate calories expenditure estimation tool. I know stanford university has a prototype.
-More convenient access to gym. I solved the issue by signing up a premium gym with big office space, (free flow of tea, free wifi and charging pot). So I use it as both a personal office and place to exercise. The gym provides clothes and towel as well. So you can actually work, exercise, work, exercise…anytime you want.
Thanks for the ideas, I appreciate it.

Fit&Energy_Coach

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 6, 2023
Fitness is not the area of your life to cut corners. A 60 minute workout is just 4% of your day... 30 minutes is only 2%. There's always ways to fit in fitness. A walk + workout every single day is the way to go, even if that workout block is dedicated to recovery. Consistency is key.
I 100% agree with you, and I appreciate it.
Wish you the best.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.