The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

O/T: HEALTH As a busy entrepreneur do you struggle with staying in shape?

Josh1clark

New Contributor
Oct 18, 2019
Hey everyone, I'm currently in a research phase where I'm trying to find out how one could make it easier for busy entrepreneurs to stay in shape :)

So I have two simple questions

As a busy entrepreneur do you struggle with staying in shape? If you do what are the two biggest issues you face?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Inuc

Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
Nigeria
Hey everyone, I'm currently in a research phase where I'm trying to find out how one could make it easier for busy entrepreneurs to stay in shape :)

So I have two simple questions

As a busy entrepreneur do you struggle with staying in shape? If you do what are the two biggest issues you face?
Actually have not had issue with my shape.

SamRussell

Silver Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I've been following the Leangains method recently. The diet is kinda boring (which I don't mind), but the time commitment is almost nothing. 3x45 minute workouts a week, follow the eating guidelines and intermittent fasting. Keeping in shape is pretty easy.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
It is amazing how we can veg out in front of these screens even tho I love the gym and go often.

I am super energetic at the gym but at home it's another 10 reps of procrastination on the exercising.

Last edited:

Johnny boy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Low maintenance fitness plan:

Eat nothing until the afternoon (I only follow this like 70% of the time anyways)

Then, eat whatever I want for a few hours, beer included. (I follow this 100% of the time)

Then, lift like once a week or so. (sometimes)

Few weeks ago:

Treadmill desks and eye exercises? Jesus Christ :rofl:

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Abrodos

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Sep 25, 2019
Barcelona, Spain
Hi! As for losing weight, I've lost about 20 pounds in 2 years, doing basically nothing. I just try to eat half the amount I used to, I weight myself every day up in order not to have bad "surprises", and I go for a long walk/jog (about 15 km) once a week or once every two weeks. Apart from that my lifestyle is very sedentary.

It's something that I do without giving too much importance to. I don't deprive myself from sweet treats, but I try to eat them scarcely (like, a cookie after each meal).

I tried weight lifting some years ago but I realised that I was giving it a wrong approach (trying to look better in order to compensate for a lack of self-esteem/social abilities). So I'm sculpting my career/business first, and the body sculpting will come later.

When I really want to go some pounds down, my strategy is:
-Eat just the necessary to stop hunger for 2 days. Very small meals (a small slice of chicken, a spoonful of salad and a piece of fruit), and no sweets or cookies in-between, but nuts, berries or more salad, and the minimum to stop hunger.
-Also drink very little water (a glass for each meal).
-Then go for the long 15 km run.
Then you have: emptier bowels + weight loss in sweat/piss from the run= about 2-3 pounds lost in a day.
It's important to not re-hydrate immediately. Half a glass of water just to stop thirst, and try to eat small until two days after. That way you mantain that weight loss. And the body readapts slowly.

I'm not sure if it's healthy, but, again, many weight loss diets aren't, and that is what works for me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Josh1clark

New Contributor
Oct 18, 2019
Hi! As for losing weight, I've lost about 20 pounds in 2 years, doing basically nothing. I just try to eat half the amount I used to, I weight myself every day up in order not to have bad "surprises", and I go for a long walk/jog (about 15 km) once a week or once every two weeks. Apart from that my lifestyle is very sedentary.

It's something that I do without giving too much importance to. I don't deprive myself from sweet treats, but I try to eat them scarcely (like, a cookie after each meal).

I tried weight lifting some years ago but I realised that I was giving it a wrong approach (trying to look better in order to compensate for a lack of self-esteem/social abilities). So I'm sculpting my career/business first, and the body sculpting will come later.

When I really want to go some pounds down, my strategy is:
-Eat just the necessary to stop hunger for 2 days. Very small meals (a small slice of chicken, a spoonful of salad and a piece of fruit), and no sweets or cookies in-between, but nuts, berries or more salad, and the minimum to stop hunger.
-Also drink very little water (a glass for each meal).
-Then go for the long 15 km run.
Then you have: emptier bowels + weight loss in sweat/piss from the run= about 2-3 pounds lost in a day.
It's important to not re-hydrate immediately. Half a glass of water just to stop thirst, and try to eat small until two days after. That way you mantain that weight loss. And the body readapts slowly.

I'm not sure if it's healthy, but, again, many weight loss diets aren't, and that is what works for me.
Hey Abrodos, that is definitely a way to lose weight but like you said this isn't a healthy way of doing it. If you want to lose weight the best way to achieve your weight loss goals is to eat a healthy diet that is sustainable over the long term (still must be at a calorie deficit just not dramatically below maintenance) and to incorporate 3 weight lifting workouts into your week as well as just being more active in general.

WillHurtDontCare

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2017
USA
Look into intermittent fasting, 16/8, 20/4, or one meal a day. If you check PD Mangan's twitter feed you'll get other ideas (not necessarily his own tweets, but his retweets).

Bradley R

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jan 28, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
There's plenty of tips, tricks, diets, 'hacks', etc. out there, but the truth is it that just like anything else it comes down to consistency when adopting healthy eating and workout habits. First, figure out what can realistically fit within your life and go from there.

2 keys
  1. It has to be a priority
  2. it has to be sustainable

For example (sustainability):
- Don't jump into an overly-strict diet that you'll want to quit within a week. Eat clean but don't put yourself on a huge caloric deficit. You'll become lethargic, miserable, and lowered blood sugar will likely cause you to make poor decisions.
- Don't jump into a workout regimen that requires you to go from 2 hours/week to 10 hours/week. You won't sustain it. Ramp up over time

Other than that, make sure you get enough sleep and drink enough water. Don't overlook the simple, "unsexy" fundamentals.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom