The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dealing with "side-effects" of Unscripted

Anything related to matters of the mind

Shri Kanase

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Feb 19, 2019
So from a young age, I've always been entrepreneurial. I started selling online on eBay/Amazon at a tender age of 12-13 and achieved my first 6-figure (in sales) before I turned 19. But with all good things, come a ton of negative things (or hurdles to the Unscripted path) and I've been dealing with them a LOT lately.

I'm constantly listening to podcasts or educational videos while traveling and hustling on my businesses in the other time but at times, I struggle with loneliness. I've cut out a lot of friends from my life recently because it just seemed they had no motivation to continue striving forward and had fallen into the "I have enough" mindset even though they work minimum wage jobs. I don't have a girlfriend and the only support that I get mentally is from my Mom.

I mainly hang out with one other friend but other than that, I'm hustling alone. Working on my business in coffee shops alone. And it just weighs down on me when I see other people laughing or holding hands because I feel deprived.

Now, before you label me as a "whiner" or perhaps a "moaner" do note that I know I SHOULD be the one trying to take action and finding more friends, girlfriend, etc. etc. I have laid out personal goals for me which I follow everyday but other than that, I'm lonely at the moment.

My question is, what do you guys do when you're low? Is there something that keeps you moving forward? I have a burning desire to give my Mom everything she has wanted which she couldn't get because of a cheapskate Dad so I'll never stop striving for my goals no matter what. But what would you do to battle such emotions?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Spino

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 26, 2019
1) Probably all you mum wants is to see you happy, everything else is a bonus
2) "Working on my business in coffee shops alone." why don't you try a co-working space instead? You might start bonding with other like minded entrepreneurs
3) Take on a hobby that allows you to meet other people? Some time ago I wanted to expand my circle of friends and I took on Salsa dancing, I am still dancing 4 years later and made heaps of good friends. Doesn't have to be dancing, do something you like and that allows you to interact with other people
4) There are always ups and downs, if you feel low remember there will be highs later, just be aware of the situation and try to be pro-active
5) Celebrate your achievements, it's ok to set new goals and always aspire to more but remember to be grateful for what you have and celebrate your achievements.

Just some thoughts...

Shri Kanase

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Feb 19, 2019
1) Probably all you mum wants is to see you happy, everything else is a bonus
2) "Working on my business in coffee shops alone." why don't you try a co-working space instead? You might start bonding with other like minded entrepreneurs
3) Take on a hobby that allows you to meet other people? Some time ago I wanted to expand my circle of friends and I took on Salsa dancing, I am still dancing 4 years later and made heaps of good friends. Doesn't have to be dancing, do something you like and that allows you to interact with other people
4) There are always ups and downs, if you feel low remember there will be highs later, just be aware of the situation and try to be pro-active
5) Celebrate your achievements, it's ok to set new goals and always aspire to more but remember to be grateful for what you have and celebrate your achievements.

Just some thoughts...
1) Definitely true
2) Co-working space as in? Not sure what that is.
3) Yes, I'm looking into this more

Spino

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jan 26, 2019
Co-working space is similar to offices but shared, very popular amongst freelancers and internet entrepreneurs.
For example you can rent a desk and they provide you facilities, internet and so on. There are different formats and you might want to check what is available in your area.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
My question is, what do you guys do when you're low? Is there something that keeps you moving forward? I have a burning desire to give my Mom everything she has wanted which she couldn't get because of a cheapskate Dad so I'll never stop striving for my goals no matter what. But what would you do to battle such emotions?
Exercise helps. I used to run, a lot, as in marathons. The exercise was important both physically and mentally. Plus, through some running clubs, I made friends with other runners. This kind of falls in the hobby recommendation from Spino.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I think @Spino is bang on the money. You need to get out and mix with like minded individuals. See what is available locally.

This video is focused on Bangkok but it's useful as you can see what a good environment it can be for networking and developing a group of friends with common entrepreneurial interests.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVwdEvwz_HM

Also as @Ernman says exercise is great for the mind as well as the body. Even just long walks in the park or forest once a day can improve your mental state, especially when you are feeling low.

dkostadinov01

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
May 31, 2019
I wanted to create a forum post labeled: No Excuse and Gratitude, hope it helps:

This will be a very short thread but how many of here are dead broke people?

The promise I made with myself whilst pirating every book that might help me or program is that I would return and buy them in a legitimate way If my plan doesn't fail.

After a while It really gets to you that you pirate the work of someone that has put years of his life for free however, for me right now as a dead broke student(I do the college thing for the right reasons) also It's the only way forward.

In my opinion being dead-broke also might be sometime provide you with big advantages. You're used to be always in improvisation state, knowing how to deal with each situation in a different way. How to get by with less than necessary so, getting your first paycheck wouldn't be a problem for you to put it back into the business right away.

I've seen that weakness stops many people going forward in their path to whichever direction(as this can be applied to anything).

Turn your weaknesses into strength!

I use the same method when I'm down too, it really helps if you flip the tiles around and from seeing yourself as victim, you start realizing your potential and not walk towards the growth but run in a way(because It gives you even more momentum).

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I'm hustling alone. Working on my business in coffee shops alone. And it just weighs down on me when I see other people laughing or holding hands because I feel deprived.

8b11b25ab966cf5a4726310f8d467ab2.jpg

And it just weighs down on me when I see other people laughing or holding hands

When you've made it, you'll be able to hold more hands than others.
And people will be eager to laugh with you even if you're pulling a sour face.
Think about that.

And watch the video below. It'll help you see the light, like the way it helped me:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-KHWUq3B7I

Last edited:

scottmsul

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
302%
Apr 29, 2017
Boulder, CO
Having hobbies and friends is really important IMO if you want to enjoy life and not burn out. I usually get in a hike or two on the weekends, and play board games twice a week. Friends don't just "happen" magically, you have to put effort into your social life just like your business. It doesn't have to take up a ton of time either, you can have time for a social life and also have time for business. But yes, I agree it can be hard starting from scratch if you don't know anyone or are new to an area. There's tons of opportunities out there though. Meetups, exercise classes, bars, coffee shops, events, or volunteering are all great ways to meet people.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My question is, what do you guys do when you're low?

1) Immerse yourself in nature
2) Exercise
3) Group sports/activities
4) Hot shower/bath
5) Cigar
6) Meditate
7) Music
8) Pet the dog
9) Hike in the mountains
10) 4 wheel in the mountains

Most of these don't cost money, or are of little cost.

Shri Kanase

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Feb 19, 2019
Thank you for your suggestions..great forum with helpful people.
I'll definitely implement some of these things into my life

ecommercewolf

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 8, 2019
Dallas, TX
I know exactly where you're coming from. The Fastlane/Entrepreneur path can be lonely at times.

I think when you get to a certain level of success you naturally attract successful people through networking but I have not reached that level yet.

I think coworking space as someone mentioned would be a good idea. I have friends that are not Fastlane but you can't discuss big goals or your vision around them because it seems like you're bragging. While I think there's nothing wrong with spending time with Slowlaners, spending too much time can be a detriment.

I can definitely relate to this point and I am still working on finding people that align with my goals.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.