The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating a productocracy (Snickers)

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKa8YoqvhGU

Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying its easy to make a successful chocolate bar company, I'd guess there are tons of companies that have tried to emulate the success of Reese, Snickers and so on.

But isn't it amazing how such a simple idea generates roughly $2 billion dollars in sales annually? The key take away in this is the productocracy in the chocolate bar and the methods of marketing & sales. The proper execution of a plan! IMO snickers is probably one of the best tasting bars on the market.

It can't be that hard to make a chocolate bar at home. But how many people can actually create a multi billion dollar company? How would the typical new entrepreneur focus on building a product to compete with snickers? Build a Youtube channel? Get some followers on Instagram? Buy some Facebook ads? None of this crap matters!

Food for thought!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKa8YoqvhGU

Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying its easy to make a successful chocolate bar company, I'd guess there are tons of companies that have tried to emulate the success of Reese, Snickers and so on.

But isn't it amazing how such a simple idea generates roughly $2 billion dollars in sales annually? The key take away in this is the productocracy in the chocolate bar and the methods of marketing & sales. The proper execution of a plan! IMO snickers is probably one of the best tasting bars on the market.

It can't be that hard to make a chocolate bar at home. But how many people can actually create a multi billion dollar company? How would the typical new entrepreneur focus on building a product to compete with snickers? Build a Youtube channel? Get some followers on Instagram? Buy some Facebook ads? None of this crap matters!

Food for thought!

Perhaps the story of "Dick At Your Door" will inspire you.

Maybe they don't hit billions, but 25k a month (2018 numbers) doesn't sound bad at all.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Perhaps the story of "Dick At Your Door" will inspire you.

Maybe they don't hit billions, but 25k a month (2018 numbers) doesn't sound bad at all.

ha, thats impressive and hilarious at the same time

mr4ffe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Nov 3, 2018
Stockholm, Sweden
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but after years of lurking and action-faking, I think I have arrived at an idea.

I will start to manufacture and sell curd snacks in Scandinavia, because it's very popular in Eastern Europe. I got this idea when I realized that lots of Ukrainians have moved to Sweden but it's hard to get hold of these snacks for a fair price here.

For Americans, these snacks could be described as slabs of cold ricotta mixed with sugar and covered with chocolate. The filling is sometimes mixed with poppy seeds, chocolate chips, cookie crumbles, caramel, condensed milk, jam, dried fruits, pieces of jelly, or nuts. However, literal ricotta isn't actually used, but instead something called quark which has a different manufacturing process and ends up slightly sour and with less moisture. The sour taste is fairly unique to this snack.

We Scandinavians already consume lots of quark (it's one of the most popular breakfast items, especially among fitness enthusiasts, as it contains a lot of protein), and Sweden has a thriving dairy industry, so I think it could be a hit over here. I especially want to manufacture low-calorie bars geared toward the fitness industry, to offer an alternative to boring old protein bars that often contain heavily processed ingredients.

There is already proof of products like these finding success outside of Eastern Europe, such as Túró Rudi AKA Dots which exists in China, Spain, and Italy; and Clio Snacks which exists in the US. I must of course adapt the product to the preferred taste of locals (e.g. milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate), because I want more than just Eastern European migrants to buy my snacks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.