The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

HOT TOPIC CHALLENGE: Join me in a little mental exercise.

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
The Millionaire Fastlane has certainly changed many, many lives and Unscripted will undoubtedly affect much more.

With storytellers (we’re all storytellers), authors and copywriters we can be loquacious (<- see?) in our writing. So I thought the following challenge would exercise our brains in a more concentrated way.

Challenge: Tell your TMF story in six words.

Ernest Hemingway is often attributed to the six-word-story challenge. It was reported that while eating lunch with friends he made a bet that he could write a compelling story in just six words. He asked each of them to put $10 in a pot, wagering that if he could construct a story with a beginning, a middle and end with just six words he would win the pot. If he could not, he would pay them each $10.

He then wrote on a napkin, “For Sale: Baby shoes. Never worn.” and passed it around the table.

He collected his winnings.

We’re all at different stages in our fastlane journey but we all have a story to tell. Now, tell your “The Millionaire Fastlane ” story. Six words only. With a beginning, middle, and end.

Since your story will be written in the context of what TMF has meant for you, you can zero in a bit easier. IOW, you can bypass referencing TMF directly in your story.

You’ll be tempted to write and post multiple stories, but I ask that you don’t post more than one six-word story. :) That would kinda defeat the purpose of this exercise. This will cause you to give more consideration in how you craft your story.

My story:

Dimmed vision. Mind enlightened. Forever free.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Lost path. Found compass. Expanded universe.
Beautiful. You're a man of few words and knew this would be a cakewalk for you, lol.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Won. Lost. Rebuilt. Controlling my destiny.

Woah, not proper Yoda grammar, shouldn't this be: Won. Lost. Destiny, controlled I did. :smile2:

Argue

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
I asked, I sought, I found.

Last edited:

AdamMaxum

a worthy successor indeed
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 30, 2011
NY
Inspiration. Motivation. Innovation. Creation. Perspiration. Destination.

Reminded me of Kanye West song Never Let Me Down

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
MJ helped me retake the mountain.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Andy Black

Making a nuisance of himself on Twitter
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Start. Keep going. Enjoy the journey.

(Not sure that's a story... there's a beginning, a middle, but no end.)

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Any update? Hey bud! When I can squeeze out the time to work, it's been going pretty well...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
For any web designers struggling to sell it is hardly ever about competition with other web...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This month's promo code is MINDCONTROL Those who are subscribed to my new Youtube channel will...
MARKETPLACE Entrepreneur's Toolbox: Company Formation, Virtual Mailbox, Registered Agent, Remote Online Notary
Appreciating the transparency and lack of hidden fees. The website is very up-front and user...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom