The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any books or similar education materials forselling an online course?

Marketing, social media, advertising

businprogress

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jan 21, 2016
Hi y’all I’m looking for inexpensive resources for selling an online course successfully that also don’t require going down an internet black hole (hence books) or spend a on of money (online courses). My struggle is there is a lot of garbage to sift through, so hoping someone here has had some success with cheap/free resources before investing big bucks.

Previous post for background info:

I currently teach a full schedule one-on-one clients as well as a group class for singing, and I'm looking for affordable courses on how to sell and market and online course. I already built a course, no one bought it. So now I have to figure out how to pre-sell a course (to make sure people will actually buy it) and before that, the best way to survey my (small, 200) list of subscribers/clients so that I make sure I sell what they are willing to buy and want.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

businprogress

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jan 21, 2016
@businprogress

Curious if you went through any of the threads linked to in this reply to your previous thread:

> Looking for a course on how to market/sell an online course...is this the right thread?

Hey Andy! I sure did! I listened to the "who have you helped" convo. Loved it!

TLDR; I don't really know how Adwords fits with my nonexistent advertising budget, I need to figure out how to test/survey both my clients and online audience to make sure they will buy what I'm offering...right now I have surveys and one beta tester.

It was Adwords focused...I'm not really sure what the minimum budget is for Adwords, and the last I heard you need several hundred to make it worthwhile, so I didn't look into after that. In addition to that, I absolutely agree on focusing on your current customers. I have clients that I have surveyed and have talked about how much they love lessons. I've taken things I've taught in lessons and put it into a course (priced at $237...which in hindsight is over priced) but no one bought the course. So I'm trying to figure out how to survey my current clients to guide me as to what would help them between music lessons so much they would pay for an accompanying online course/materials...and at the same time build enough of a global audience so that I have another income stream online and I'm sharing the things that help students in lessons.

It may take me a while to respond on this forum, as I am prioritizing taking action over taking in information. I am prioritizing this forum though, as every time I go to youtube, google, etc. there is a lot of fluff/information overload/paywalls and I've learned from experience to try to learn what you can for free first, which puts you in a better position to buy the information you need to learn.

I did see in one youtube video an idea of having someone take your course for free/cheap, agree to fill out surveys and film a video testimonial at the end (after I've made various improvements). Then use that in youtube videos and marketing.

I'm just not sure what to do right now other than survey and the idea above. Seems to take a while.

Last edited:

businprogress

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jan 21, 2016
Why do you need a course? Can't you ask your clients what they want?
I did already...and I'm still asking. I send email requests for surveys with lesson discounts...it just take time and repeated asking. The other thing as well is that I can't exactly ask my clients about every little decision I should I make; so I need a lot more than just a survey to validate my offering; I need as much information as possible on what it takes to match your product perfectly to your audience and make sure I can pre-sell a course (or whatever other digital product) so I don't waste any more time making content that no one understands why or how it helps them and why they should buy. I know what I'm teaching works and sells and people love it (that part took 15 years) just not how to market it and prove it's value enough to sell digital products from it.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
How do you sell your face to face courses? I started there and eventually transitioned everyone to online courses. I don't know the first thing about adwords, and don't use them, so I can't help in that regard. But in my experience, whatever brings people to a live course will also bring them to an online course. It might help to move 80-90% of the class into the online format and let people work on it there, then meet / skype / live webinar for a shorter period (perhaps on a weekly group schedule) to cement their learning. Then you don't have to convince them they're signing up for a different thing. It's a live course, sure, but you get this other 90% of the stuff in a delightful online format that you can practice in your pajamas.

prestige99

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 23, 2020
Ontario, CA
Interesting topic, I'm curious too! Who doesn't want online store that brings not only money - YOU REALLY provide products to people that has quality and is effective, not only marketing profit as goal? For example, I work online doing project via Python. I started less than 2 years ago after I finished my courses for Cisco. I started doing researches online to find out how to receive first projects so that I would be paid $1000 - $1500 per week. How was naive! It turns around to projects between 50-100% per few days. And biggest $750 for 10 days. After wards, I gained experience I started doing more serious options. Now I have that money. If somebody interested here Free Cisco Dumps Exam Online , CCNA Dumps CCNP Questions & CCIE Answers | Spotoclub.com they guided me.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.